how long can cps keep a case opened

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jenni lynn williams

how long can cps keep a case opened

Postby jenni lynn williams » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Nov. 29 my soon to be step daughter had one of her friends call cps and said i asked her to have sex and touched her butt later that evening and told cps that her mom threw her out the house after telling her what happend.the truth is i never did this and her mom has text messages proveing she ran away from home. This girl is a proven lier and does drastic things about once a year we have proof of this also. So we go to her friends house to pick her up after telling police what happend with her running away not knowing anything about the accusations yet . The parents wouldnt release her to us so i called police back and they showed up and cps showed up. They asked to take her to a place to talk to her and would talk to us later that day we said whats going on they told use she had some accusations about me i was floored they wouldnt tell us no more. Later that day we met with the cps worker and the police they took our kids from us and put them with my sister and told us she said i made inaproperate comments and touched her i was beside myself and couldnt belive it the police asked to use my internet on my phone i thought well maybe he wanted to check something on his email or something he came back and said you erased your history didnt you i said no why he said ok and walked away. We had to sign a protective agreement so me or my girlfriend wouldnt go round the kids. We had a meeting later that week where my girlfriend and i could have supervised visitations. The kids wanted to come back home so we talked to cps and told them id leave the house so they could come they agreed so i signed another protective order that i would not be around kids unless supervised. A couple weeks later they came and pulled kids again and said someone called and said i was at house unsupervised but never asked who i was staying with if i was there or not they said it was a privacy issue they couldnt. Well weve done all the classes theyve asked us to all the evaluations theyve asked and they keep adding more. Shouldnt i have been in front of a judge by now the cops found noyhing but still we dont have our kids and theyre saying 6 months to a year but the date from which it started keeps changeing. When does this stop I WANT MY KIDS BACK ASAP can someone please help i cant afford a attorney if i could i think this would all be over i cant take much more.

noroses4u2c

Re: how long can cps keep a case opened

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:38 pm

first of all, stop signing things for them. You are making it worse for yourself by doing so. Signing those papers is seen often as an admission of guilt.

Someone will be along with more advise.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:39 pm

some cps cases can be kept open for years.

Are you being charged criminally at all?
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:16 am

There are a lot of attorneys who give a free initial consultation. Shop around and see if you can find one that will help you at a rate you can afford. They might be able to give you a few helpful tips too, even if you're not officially their client. In a case like this you really do need a local attorney who will know the social workers and their procedures and who can review your service plan and case history. Even though you've had an open case for a long time, they're not removing your parental rights, so that's a good thing. How old are your children? Why do you think she would lie against you? If she came home, wouldn't it be likely to happen again?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”