What are my Rights?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mommyx6kids

What are my Rights?

Postby mommyx6kids » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Last month my purse was stolen from my car. I made the mistake of calling the police, who did absolutely nothing. The officer asked to come inside to see if I had perhaps brought my purse inside and forgotten and I made the mistake of letting her. Once inside she saw that my house was very messy. We were still cleaning up from Christmas, I had 4 puppies and was overwhelmed. I also had a litter of kittens and she noticed the kitten just sleeping on the pizza box on the counter in the kitchen and became convinced it was sick. It was not, it was just sleeping. So she called animal control. I will admit my house was bad at the time. Christmas presents were everywhere and the puppies had not been going outside consistently so we had messes in the house I hadn't gotten a chance to clean up that day. There was also trash on the counter. Animal control came into my house because the police officer essentially allowed them to. I was not given the option to say no. The officer looked over the animals, started judging me and all the toys and items my kids had received for xmas and went off. How did I afford all of this? What did I do for a living? Very personal judgemental questions. I felt backed into a corner. I wound up signing over 2 of the puppies because 4 was just too much and I was overwhelmed. I admitted that. They took 2 kittens saying they were sick and demanded I get the remaining 3 to the vet by the following day for a check up. I did. They checked out perfectly fine. The kittens were not sick. Anyhow...then the police officer allowed another officer inside my house, without my permission. He was from the child abuse unit at the police dept. he bullied me, stating that he should perhaps called adult protective services for me because my house was clearly unclean and unsanitary for anyone and that it should be condemned by the health dept. It was honestly NOT that bad. I will admit it was dirty and that situation was immediately rectified that night. CPS demanded my children stay elsewhere for the night. The police called cps and allowed them into my home as well without my permission. I was never given the option to say no. Everyone took pictures of my home without my permission. They were there for almost 4 hrs. I felt powerless and afraid. They told me my childrens rooms were hazards because toys blocked the door from opening all the way. I was continuously berated for them having so many toys. I spent the entire night cleaning everything, making it as spotless as I could. A new cps worker came the next day, found it satisfactory and returned my children. Said I had to cooperate with in home services or else there would be consequences. I agreed saying that was fine. I was also found guilty of neglect for having a messy house one time. I don't undertand that? It stays with me for 25 years and that's completely unfair. Anyhow...these inhome services I'm having a real issue with. We wound up moving last week. The worker came and she walks around my house, demands it all be unpacked and organized by the end of the month. Says that animal control also wanted all of my cats fixed. I breed cats. I have paid for lincenses with my county that they aren't fixed. The officer knew this. I don't recall her "demanding" that my cats be fixed. She had been there previously in june and my house was immaculate and perfect. Then the social worker from cps wanted to know very personal things...how I paid for my rent, my pet deposit, if I was allowed to have these pets, did I pay for the entire year like I did with my last place? Things I didn't think were her business. And then her partner, whom I could not stand, tells me we'll start doing a budget next week. WHAT does that have to do with anything? I don't need help budgeting. I don't have money problems. This is absurd! What are my rights here with these people because I don't want to piss them off but I don't want them contacting people because it's embarrassing to me that all of this has happened. my house was messy for a few days. I complied and it was cleaned up, even hired a cleaning crew to please them. I just don't know what to do at this point?

KDus

Re: What are my Rights?

Postby KDus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:05 am

You have given up many rights already. You agreed to their plan.

I relate to your story. We had 18 dogs at one point right before the CPS problem. Toys and clothes everywhere..... You could be my ex, the way you describe the drama.

Choose your kids. You really could lose them over this. Choose the kids. Not the cats, not the toys or clothes or privacy that you already gave up.

You could get an expensive attorney to push back and minimize the damage. Frankly, your bigger problem is denial. You could lose your right to raise your own kids, yet half your post is about cats.

And yes, you are dealing with evil people that decide the narrative and set out to prove it.

mommyx6kids

Postby mommyx6kids » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:45 pm

How can I lose them if I am cooperating with them and have agreed to what they've demanded? This was simply over a dirty house which was immediately rectified. I have showed them my house is clean and sanitary. Reduced the number of animals. I'm not brooding over my cats simply trying to understand what rights I have here? They cannot take children away simply because I refuse to spay my cats. If my house is clean and presentable they have no basis.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:44 pm

mommyx6kids wrote:How can I lose them if I am cooperating with them and have agreed to what they've demanded? This was simply over a dirty house which was immediately rectified. I have showed them my house is clean and sanitary. Reduced the number of animals. I'm not brooding over my cats simply trying to understand what rights I have here? They cannot take children away simply because I refuse to spay my cats. If my house is clean and presentable they have no basis.

You are obviously new to CPS. Complying with them doesn't even mean you won't lose your kids. Many people lost their kids for less reasons than you had. You were very lucky. My place wasn't even near as messy as you described but I lost my only child forever over it. And I had been unpacking after a move. They didn't give me a chance to clean up first. They just took her and even after I did what they demanded I never got her back. You obviously don't have a clue what you're up against. You are lucky they haven't already taken your kids. Parents lose their kids to CPS every single day for less than what you described.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

mommyx6kids

Postby mommyx6kids » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:03 am

Wow ummm thanks. No I absolutely get what you're saying.im simply asking what my rights are now and what I can do? This is family investment services. And actually no I'm not new to cps at all unfortunately. I just want to know what I can do here I wasn't asking to be berated

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:29 pm

mommyx6kids wrote:Wow ummm thanks. No I absolutely get what you're saying.im simply asking what my rights are now and what I can do? This is family investment services. And actually no I'm not new to cps at all unfortunately. I just want to know what I can do here I wasn't asking to be berated

I suffer from PTSD partly because of what they did to me. It's triggering sometimes reading these posts and I have to take breaks.

You have to continue to comply with them at the very least. I think it's at least a year until they will close the case.

All of this happened last month and you've already been to court and been convicted?

Have you consulted with an attorney about this?
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

mommyx6kids

Postby mommyx6kids » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:28 am

Hi thank you. I'm so sorry about ptsd. I do understand. We haven't been to court at all. There is no court involvement. Just services were recommended and that's it. Cps simply came and said I'm recommending services for you and that's it. And these workers are very very intrusive and that's what I want to know. What do I have to answer and what don't I?

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:34 pm

You really need some advice of an attorney.

The good news is that as of yet you don't actually have a conviction since you haven't been to court.

If it ever gets to court, no matter what, do not stipulate to anything.

And don't freely talk to them thinking you have nothing to hide. They can twist about anything into something. Do not let your guard down around them.

And while this is going on, I advise against having your pet business. It gives one more thing to use against you. Also, the less you have to deal with the better while this is going on. Simplify down to bare minimum.

mommyx6kids

Postby mommyx6kids » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Thank you so much I consulted with an attorney today and she suggested the same thing she said that I'm very lucky that they return my children and she deals with them all the time so I will be cutting my pet business for the time being she said when they're done do it as much as you want but until they get done just agree and do whatever they want

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:39 pm

While the case is open make sure your home is literally spotless. Even a dirty dish can be twisted and used against you. I've seen it happen.

If they close the case without taking your children consider moving out of their jurisdiction. They sometimes will come back and your previous case will be used against you. And don't let them know where you moved.

KDus

Postby KDus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 am

noroses4u2c wrote:While the case is open make sure your home is literally spotless. Even a dirty dish can be twisted and used against you. I've seen it happen.

If they close the case without taking your children consider moving out of their jurisdiction. They sometimes will come back and your previous case will be used against you. And don't let them know where you moved.

Fully agree and this needs to be said more often: Leave. Get the case closed and leave ASAP. That should be your secret long term plan. Teach your kids to say as little as possible about the case to the new teachers and friends.
I made my family safer by going to the next county and then to another state.

Return to “CPS Investigations”