someone please help me!!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

someone please help me!!!

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:35 pm

well I havent been on here for awhile...cuz I have had a lot of things going on but I would like to let people know that I had other issues pop up..I got an order stating that i have 20 days to put in a written request...is anyone familiar with Oklahoma...I want to know cuz I am trying to figure out this paperwork...he is trying to terminate my parental rights and have his wife adopt her but as far as I am aware I thought I had the right to contest it ..the only thing is says is that I can write a written request within 20 days and that I have no rights on whether they terminate it or not...I am confused...how can you have no rights...but make a request within 20 days...I am very smart when it comes to court information but I am totally lost on this one...can anyone help me...please...I will check periodically so I hope to get something from someone...
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:01 pm

he is trying to terminate my parental rights and have his wife adopt her but as far as I am aware I thought I had the right to contest it .

Who is he? the cps worker?

I thouhgt you posted earlier that you had lost your rights already?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:28 pm

I'm lost now,you have 20 days to file a writen request as to not adopt out your child?Or to stop the adoption ot the TPR?

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:11 pm

In pertains to dad...it is that I lost my rights to my two boys and not my daughters...this is a different child and it stemmed from her father...and what i am saying about the TPR is that I think that they have to terminate it to adopt her...to his wife...I am sure that they havent filed things yet but the paper work that was sent to me says that I have 20 days to file it...I am not quite understanding the paperwork as it does not make a whole lot of sense...
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

ash

Postby ash » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:37 pm

http://forum.freeadvice.com/archive/index.php/f-34.html

i can only guess you wish to contest the proposed adoption by the step. ?

pebbles04 wrote:In pertains to dad...it is that I lost my rights to my two boys and not my daughters...this is a different child and it stemmed from her father...and what i am saying about the TPR is that I think that they have to terminate it to adopt her...to his wife...I am sure that they havent filed things yet but the paper work that was sent to me says that I have 20 days to file it...I am not quite understanding the paperwork as it does not make a whole lot of sense...

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:32 am

I got the letter in within the time allowed...in fact I did two days early..but the thing is that I notice that people tried to pull strings and I get so sick of that...he is in a different state...so how is he finding these conniving people that do that!!? I am not getting it!!

(that is my quote)

thia'smommy

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Postby thia'smommy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:30 pm

HI,

YOU SAY YOU GOT PAPER WORK FOR A TERMINATION OF RIGHTS.

IS THIS A CIVIL SUIT?

DID YOU GET THIS PAPER WORK IN THE MAIL?

iF THIS IS A CIVIL SUIT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SERVED WITH THE PAPER WORK.

IN A CIVIL SUIT YOU HAVE 20 DAYS TO RESPOND, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO EITHER DENIE OR ACCEPT WHAT IT IS THEY ARE SAYING
AGAINST YOU, AND YOU NEED TO DO THIS FAST.

YOU CAN FILE THIS PRO SE IF YOU NEED TO, UNTIL YOU CAN GET REPRESENTATION.

YOU NEED TO RESPOND WITHIN THE 20 DAYS OR THEY CAN RULE AGAINST YOU IN THAT COURT.

PLEASE PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION OF WHAT IT IS THEY ARE SAYING REASONS FOR TERMINATION.

ABANDONMENT, NO EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, NO CHILD SUPPORT ETC..... WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR THIS?

THANKYOU :?

thia'smommy

SOMEONE HELP

Postby thia'smommy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:35 pm

AND YES, IF THE STEP MOM IS TRYING TO ADDOPT THEY HAVE TO TERMINATE YOUR PARENTAL RIGHTS IN ORDER TO ADDOPT.

BUT THEY HAVE TO SHOW CAUSE.

WHAT CAUSE ARE THEY SHOWING?

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:36 am

they are saying that i have not tried to have communication with her...which i have...I am in virginia and he is in oklahoma with her...like i can force the man to pick up the phone or send me messages...so I make attempts they are just ignored...do i have that documented..I sure do...spoke with the lady that actually protects the judge that is hearing my case and she said if there is information i want to provide then send it before they set up a court date...and that in pertains to my situation that if i have instant messages that i can provide to show that i have tried to make contact with him then to do that too...i knew i saved them for a reason...but i did get the paperwork in on time...two days before i was supposed to....thank god...i called and checked like ten times to make sure!

(that is my quote)

Return to “CPS Investigations”