Central Registry in Florida

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

inamess

Central Registry in Florida

Postby inamess » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:49 am

Well, I just wanted to report what I have found.

I have been trying to find out how to see if my name is on this central abuse registry.

I started with Dazeemay's link on another post to the expertlaw forum. I got a quick response that told me to contact the Dept. of Children & Families. After many transfers, many hold sessions, etc., I finally ended up with the office which investigated me in the first place.

The *nice* lady told me that yes, my name would be on the registry, regardless of the outcome of the case. It would be noted that the case was closed with no indicators.

I then asked how that might affect future employment, and she said "DO YOU work with children or in healthcare?" I told her no, but that may be something I would be interested in in the future. She said, "Frankly, the employer will do a background check and see this information, and then the decision is theirs whether or not to hire you". Well, I don't think it would be a mark in my favor, that is for sure.

Then I asked her how long this information will remain on the registry. I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back someone who works with DCF told me for unfounded cases it is removed within 30 days. Well, this lady told me FIFTY YEARS. Thanks, and have a great day.

I just wanted to pass this info on. I don't know what I will do next, but definitely need to work on getting my name off this registry!

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:53 am

Did you read this story under the expungment site?

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume3/j3_4_8.htm

It is costly and time consuming.

Another factor you need to consider is that they are trying to propose a bill that would make all child abuse/neglect cases appear on the Federal registry and that means you would be considered a felon so any job you would try to get would almost make it impossible for you to have one.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

inamess

Postby inamess » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:37 pm

Thanks again Dazeemay! Another thing I didn't think about is the time constraint. That is good info. and I need to check into that, too.

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:58 pm

Folks,

I live in Florida and I got to know their system very well.

There is a common misunderstanding about how they keep records.

They have a Central Registry for founded cases.

Then they have a registry for those who were investigated regardless of outcome. It's known here as the "Hotline Database" where names are kept for 7 years, or until the Child turns 18, whichever comes first.

Unfortunately, expungment in Florida has to be done TWICE.

If your case is unfounded and you are on the Hotline list, you need to file for expungement.

If they founded the case in their twisted little world, you are still on the Hotline list, and now the Central Registry. Both registries are under the same rules of experation.

If you file for expungement, you have to do it for both registires. One expungement doesn't clear the name from the other list. Rotten, you gotta do it twice if founded, and totally Unconstitutional.

The Tech
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:27 am

kddav,

I posted your info on the states forum for Florida.....thanks for the info. :wink:
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “CPS Investigations”