The Bastages tried again! 7/25/05

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav

The Bastages tried again! 7/25/05

Postby kdddav » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:44 pm

Folks,

Talk about subterfuge and sneakiness, the bastages tried again!

I got a letter on 7-19-05 from the Department of Health and Human Services.

It says in the beginning....

To better serve all people across the nation, the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) is conducting a national study on health related issues. Your address was randomly chosen along with more than 200,000 others...

So it looked like a letter informing of a survey, but saying the "Assigned Field Interviewer" will be coming out to interview us. Not asking to come out, but telling us they are coming. Even then, I didn;t really suspect anything foul, except that in the State of Florida, the Department of Health and Human Services is the main office that derives and functions out DCF, Department of Children and Families, aka CPS. It blew across my mind like mild smoke. I didn't like the fact the interviewer invited themselves. I had all ready asserted that if she showed up, I will tell them no, I do not want to participate. Also mentioned in the letter, that if we complete the interview, there would be a reward of $30 cash. That was bolded.

So on 7/25/05 a white jeep pulls up. A young Lady wearing a name tag with Kara and the Department of Health and Human Services logo on it, walked iclose to my house.

I met her outside. She had a generic copy of the original letter. I told her kindly we didn't want the Interview.

That is when things changed somewhat. She INSISTED that she give the interview, in our house. In her hand under the clipboard was an alarming thing. She had a camera. (This didn't register as quickly as it should have.)

I again told her no, that we didn't want to be interviewed. Then I asked why the State invited themselves out to our house without so much as asking if we wanted an interview or not. Her next quote galvenized me. I had wished I had the forthought to wear my hidden camera and recorded this. That mistake will never be repeated. Even if the maillady comes in my yard, I will have it on and recording, after this. This is her next set of words, verbatum.

"Oh, I'm not from DCF."

I had not even mentioned DCF. (CPS) I didn't even apear alarmed or in anyway offset when I told her that we didn't want an interview. Suddenly, the Camera became more intense as I took a second glance, and yes, it was a Nokia 35mm.

My next statement was deadpan, void of emtion.

"I must ask you to leave and not come back unless you have a warrant as described under law pertaining to the 4th and 14th Amendments of the United States Consitution." (I have practiced this over and over so said it just as I wrote it.)

I turned to go into the house and get my hidden camera and record everything from then on forward. My Wife and Mother from next door came outside and walked over at that point, alarmed that she might be a CPS Agent.

This woman named Kara turned away and entered her nice white jeep, then left. I guess that when I walked away, she felt dismissed enough to leave. Maybe she didn't want witnesses as to her false pretenses.

So, how did I know this was a CPS Agent in disguise trying to get into my house and not a simple truly honest survey which would have gotten me $30?

I called the Department of Health and Human Services. I gave the two names signed on the page. They didn't know who the National Director listed on my page was. They gave me the name of the Real National Director, not even close. Then I called the local Office. They heard of nobody named Kara.

I called the Sherriff's Office and asked if the had an Investigative Social Worker from CPS named Kara. I was given a yes. They asked last name, but I didn't have it. On the form where she signed as the interviwer in my letter, the last name is impossible to read. I asked if her age was listed as young, in her twenties, I got yes, actually 20. (This Kara in the white jeep certainly looked extremely young. However, Florida doesn't care how old. They even had a 17 year old investigator once. Sad.)

I hung up and it took me hours to stop shaking. We waited all day, and all day yesterday, and all day today. Nobody came. That doesn't mean they won't.

I am ready. Now more than ever.

The Tech
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

mouse50595

Postby mouse50595 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:07 pm

you are right, that doesnt meant that they wont come back again, but thankfully you are armed with the letter that they had sent you, i am just wondering if possibly you could post in the local news paper something about it, or t.v. station even...i am glad that you are armed, i know that you are a very, very smart person and that you have done your homework, i can tell just from reading some of the posts on here...fairly, they cant investigate you for anything if no accusations have been made and then they have to do a formal letter and such...i hope that it bites Kara in the butt, if you happen to know of anyone else that had gotten that letter, talk to them, have them use your camera and such and burn Kara, just like she is trying to burn them...i hope that your week gets better hun...it just shows they will stoop to anything to get the money they want...melissa
In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero,I am strong and wise and I know no fear but the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me, I see who I want to be, in my daughter's eyes.
Martina Mc Bride

DesertSkye

OMG

Postby DesertSkye » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:27 pm

This really gave me chills to the bone!

Can u imagine how many people they are going to catch off guard with that one!
Especially to ones needing the $30.00

I agree , it needs to be broadcast and loudly and in as many places as possible!

Everyone start emailing everyone you know.......I am and ask them to send it out everywhere

Good Grief talk about BOLD RECRUITMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so sick,,,everyday I think I can't be anymore sickened by them and yet I am....

DHHS its called that here too and they are in the same building...

oh and in a big brand spankin new building with all the latest video equip and two way mirrors to boot.......

As if we need to wonder for one second where they got all that money it makes me sick everytime i have to go there....
A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

DesertSkye

OMG

Postby DesertSkye » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:27 pm

This really gave me chills to the bone!

Can u imagine how many people they are going to catch off guard with that one!
Especially to ones needing the $30.00

I agree , it needs to be broadcast and loudly and in as many places as possible!

Everyone start emailing everyone you know.......I am and ask them to send it out everywhere

Good Grief talk about BOLD RECRUITMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so sick,,,everyday I think I can't be anymore sickened by them and yet I am....

DHHS its called that here too and they are in the same building...

oh and in a big brand spankin new building with all the latest video equip and two way mirrors to boot.......

As if we need to wonder for one second where they got all that money it makes me sick everytime i have to go there....

William Shakespeare

Michael

I find this entry very interesting

Postby Michael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:24 pm

If a government agency mailed you a letter offering you $30.00 to participate in a survey and then failed to give you the $30.00 it is a feeral crimb. Mail fraud. You gave them something of value "your time" and then they did not give you the money.

I imagine that the letter did not say you had to complete the survey. And if it did not go the way that the agency wanted it is not your fault.

Contact the post office fraude division.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:37 pm

I hate to say this because I know I'll get flamed to the moon and back, but did you even ask if they knew if a USPHS survey was being conducted at this time? That sounds exactly like the survey they did last year on drug abuse:

http://www.drugabusestatistics.samhsa.g ... ternal.pdf

Click on "Lead Letter" to see the letter. It looks exactly the same, except this year they apparently had DHHS workers do the interviews instead of contracting another group like RTI.

It sounds like they gave you the name of the national director of Health and Human Services, while the letter came from the USPHS. The names would be different. You should call the USPHS, not your state HHS office if you have questions regarding the letter you received. It looks like last year they had a phone number on the letter. Was that the case this year?

I hope you don't take my comments the wrong way - I would also be enraged if someone assumed I would accept company or showed up wanting to interview me, and I would also refuse, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they were from DCF. I know you are feeling frustrated and upset because of past experiences with DCF but the letter you got really was just for a health survey.

ETA: Michael, the OP said the letter said "if we complete the interview" then they would get $30 cash. This is the policy used in the previous USPHS study - you could refuse the interview, any questions or quit at any time, but the $30 was only paid for completed interviews.

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:55 pm

Micheal,

I didn't want to give her the time. The camera was telling me not to even begin to let her in the house. You know of all people that if I invite anyone of them in, they have free hand as it's considered waiving my rights. I did not participate in the so called survey. Upon reflection, I couldn't see how a camera would participate in one. I had no care if the 30$ was real or not. The idea was she was wanting in my house in a bad way with a camera. My gut screamed at me. I will contact the post office and show them my letter in the morning.

Venus,

I did call the DHHS, office of applied studies, Rockville, MD 20857 which is on the letterhead. I don't have the phone number handy, but it was not toll free, I can tell you that. It was not on the letter, I got the number from 411 of the address on the letterhead. The National Field Director who overseas anything of this sort told me in her words, "We have no program like that this year, not in Florida, not anywhere." I thanked her for the time she spent talking to me. THEN I called the local office. Here is a quote from my original post:

I called the Department of Health and Human Services. I gave the two names signed on the page. They didn't know who the National Director listed on my page was. They gave me the name of the Real National Director, not even close. Then I called the local Office. They heard of nobody named Kara.

I called the local to see if they had a Kara. I wanted to cover all bases to make sure it wasn't a local thing the Federal Office knew nothing about. If they actually had something, and she was just a real survey collector, forst I would want to know why she needed a camera, and if explained to innocense, I would have apologized to Kara. Unfortunately, no such woman existed in their office. Hence the lie.

For everyone else,

Yes, it gave me the chills big time as well. It really bothers me that in an effort to grab kids, they would stoop to such things. I have all ready been on National Radio twice, and doing a third one in August about the problem, and about the solutions. I knew I would get retaliation, just not like that.

Stay Alert, folks. I will keep you all updated.

The Tech
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:00 am

That sounds like something straight out of a Stephen King book.

What will they think of next?!

DesertSkye

well even if

Postby DesertSkye » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:14 am

I truly think if it was such a letter like the drug use thing....

then an outside contracter would have been hired

NOT a CPS investigator from the sheriff/police dept

and why the camera then?

and why the hostility?

too suspicious for my comfort zone!

Nope...not flaming you venus
just saying it reeks of CPS

and maybe they did get the idea from that drug survey letter.....
wouldn't suprise me

How many of you have read that email on KDDAVs website that just shows they are trying everything they can think of

I remember reading part of it that said something like

well if the schools are a problem lets try places like the boys and girls club etc

So they will use whatever means they can think of ....including copying a survey

William Shakespeare

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:02 am

So they will use whatever means they can think of ....including copying a survey

Which is fraud.....and being from the sheriffs office that is scary in itself. Did they do it this way to make it legal????
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:51 pm

i talked to the auditor of missouri yesterday and i am having DFS audited and i also contacted the head person in charge of DFS here and i asked them are these people allowed to ignore the childrens wishes and are they allowed to not comply by their own rules,which says reunivication is always top priority which my kids wishes and rights have been ignored.So they are going to have a big surprise when the auditor walks in.

wtalbot

MO DFS

Postby wtalbot » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:59 pm

Angel, from what I understand, DFS is having all of their cases from the past 10-15 years reviewed and those that need to be reopened (like mine) are going to be, and I see a LOT of kids returning to their parents or the parents having cases overturned in their favor.
I, too, am from MO. My dealings are with both St. Louis City and St. Louis County. I'm looking forward to the day when I can look at a social worker and bust a gut laughing. Who's going to have the last laugh? The parents who have been screwed by the system. I can't wait to see Judges disbarred, social workers jailed, CASA workers jailed, some DJOs hitting the unemployment line after being jailed (one especially comes to mind, too...she threw a binder at me at a family support team meeting...in front of my attorney, at that! Thankfully, she's off my case now.), and a few other things along that line.
Constitutional rights have been and are currently being violated, trumping up unfounded charges that go without investigation, breaking and entering (again, happened to me), destruction of private property (again, happened to me just recently), stalking (the old DJO, the one with the temper problem, was following me EVERYWHERE I went...even to my mother's, the wholesale house, shopping, etc...just TRYING to get something on me...and it really ticked her off that she couldn't, too! lmao). Let's see...what else has DFS done to me...um...there's making it impossible to hold down a job, they have taken pictures through my windows (while I was in my bra and panties turning my computer on while the bath tub was filling up...and the pictures were taken through my SIDE window...the one that the only view is my neighbor's siding), they have perjered (spelling's wrong, I know) themselves, they have "lost" my file...TWICE, they have put photos of children that aren't even MY CHILDREN in the evidence they are trying to use against me (none of my kids are blonde), they have tried to manipulate my kids, they have tried to blackmail my therapist, they have slandered my therapist, they have dragged my entire family through the mud, they have taken care of the $25,000+ in back child support my ex-husband owes me in exchange for his testimony against my mother for things that he knew nothing about (things that supposedly he saw 5 years BEFORE I met him...which, by the way, were completely UNTRUE), they keep asking for continuence after continuence and THEN go for a TPR because my youngest has been in custody for so long (their own fault!), they have cost us $14,000 in legal fees IN ADDITION TO close to $10,000 in lost wages, they insist on seeing cancelled checks for proof that bills are paid and don't seem to understand that I DON'T GET MY CHECKS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, they try to say that it's obvious that I don't pay my bills because they can't see my checks. So I guess the electricity that I have on, the gas that I have on, the water I have on, the roof over my head, the garbage trucks that pick up my trash are all an illusion???
UGH! This frustrates me to NO END!
I've had to TOTALLY RENOVATE MY ENTIRE HOUSE to please them! THEN, the CASA stated that he wanted a TPR because he doesn't like the COLOR of the paint on my walls! And yes, he actually gave that as a reason IN COURT.
They hassle us to no end with drug tests that ALWAYS come back NEGATIVE (you'd THINK that after the FIRST one came back NEGATIVE that they'd REALIZE that we DON'T DO DRUGS!).
I have been interrogated by a PLAY THERAPIST, called a liar TO MY FACE by social workers, had things thrown at me from across a table, been badgered by state workers, belittled in front of a Commissioner (a judge who's not really a judge...just a lawyer), been made to feel an inch tall, I'm being blamed that my 3 year old son isn't potty trained when his FOSTER MOTHER ADAMANTLY REFUSES TO POTTY TRAIN HIM BECAUSE SHE THINKS ITS NOT HER JOB AND THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO IT IN THE 2 HOURS PER MONTH THAT I GET TO SPEND WITH HIM!
My poor son thinks he has THREE mommies (don't know who the third one is...except MAYBE his lesbian foster mother's LOVER). That's ANOTHER thing that frosts me! Since when are children allowed to be in SINGLE PARENT FOSTER FAMILIES? Especially BOYS? Don't boys need a MALE influence, too? My son is a WUSS! Yes, I said it. I have to de-wuss my son when I get him back. Don't laugh. Its truly sad.
On top of being a lesbian (she's out of the closet, by the way), she's a vegetarian, so now, not only do I have to de-wuss my son, but I have to get him to eat meat...which will be the harder of the 2 tasks to accomplish!
OK. I'm off my rant FOR NOW.

Wanita
:evil:

angel1970 wrote:i talked to the auditor of missouri yesterday and i am having DFS audited and i also contacted the head person in charge of DFS here and i asked them are these people allowed to ignore the childrens wishes and are they allowed to not comply by their own rules,which says reunivication is always top priority which my kids wishes and rights have been ignored.So they are going to have a big surprise when the auditor walks in.
There is no greater injustice in the world today than keeping a child from his loving family.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:02 pm

The judge in my case is very familiar with my kids bio dad and their step mom from a previous case involving the removal of their step moms kids 8 years ago,and i just found out that they shouldn't have been placed there.are you going ot be up for a while if so pm me you number and i will buzz you for more info about this.

And also we have spent so far about 3-4 thousand dollars in attorneys fees.

Return to “CPS Investigations”