CPS at my door

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:53 am

BLUE

You are mandated to investigate reports, you are also mandated to FOLLOW THE LAW. Why is it that CPS only follows the mandates that they want to. Also, it doesn't matter if the report is false, if CPS thinks that it is true they will ignore ALL evidence to the contrary, twist statements, present hearsay as though it were fact and FLAT OUT LIE to bolster their OPINION about "the truth."

And most of the people that CPS picks on are poor and almost defenceless, so worried about their children that they will bend over backwards to do what is asked of them. Only to have you terrorists jam it in and break it off. Why, because they are poor and can't put up much of a fight.

You come in here and offer advice to people and it makes you feel as though you aren't one of the bad ones. But it is my opinion that you still work for the monster so no matter what you say or do, you are just as bad.

The Nazis tried the whole "I was just following orders" BS. You have a choice........pick a side and get off the fence.
When life puts an obstacle in your path, go over, go under, go around or go through it. But NEVER...... NEVER GIVE UP!!

sedwards

Postby sedwards » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:24 am

I dont like the idea of cps dcf being in here . can we go anywherw without them . We dont need there advice i dont think we want it either . We have heard enough fron youll andit is all lies . oh we will help we will do this and that . bs all you will do is take our kids if we dont walk a chalk line . I know i didnt hurt my kids as didnt many others i would say most . But youll let my kids get hurt you make ne sick . go do your job and pratect our children . Leave them at home where they belong . So what we arent rich . so what there are dishes in our sink or toys on our floor . who cares that is not abuse .. get a life or get a real job . if you like your job all you are is thieves and what you are doing is organized crime and everyday you lie cheat and steal god help youll on judgement day ...

sob900

Re: A question for blue

Postby sob900 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:54 am

blue wrote:
sob900 wrote: No disrespect to you, but how can you as a human being stiffly follow the rules when you know the person being investigated is completely innocent. In other words what I am saying is, what is more important, your job or another persons life and family?
Help the children who truly need it and leave the people and familys alone who do not need it. I do not need the goverments help raising my child.

I'm not sure what you're asking. You seem to imply that following the rules is harmful to people who are innocent - in my experience, it is not. If there is no indication of abuse, I happily close that case and focus on my more serious ones.

You must be the only one then, who closes a case when there hasnt been any abuse. I keep hearing the same thing over and over, like my case. I know I havent abused my son in any way and my case is still open, I still have to jump through hoops, why? You go ask them because I cant get a reasonable answer from them.
What gives one man the right to rule over another man? I'll tell you what, its called being submissive and letting yourself be ruled.
Guess what? I choose not to be ruled.
Dan
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin

wtalbot

Postby wtalbot » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:08 am

Blue, why can't more DFS workers be like you? I agree that there ARE some children that DO need to be in custody, but for every child that NEEDS to be, there are 20 more that are that DON'T need to be. Just like for every GOOD social worker, there are 50 who abuse their power, trump up charges that are completely unfounded, and harrass families.
Take this for an example. In the state of Missouri, children to not need to be in school until the age of SEVEN. Well, when my older two kids were 2 and 3 and taken away from me, one of my charges was "failure to provide adequate education". I was also charged with "failure to provide proper nutrition", "failure to provide adequate housing" without having EVER had a social worker even COME to my home. So, basically, I'm keeping my kids out of school, starving them, and making them live in the back yard. Ok. Sure. My kids were EXTREMELY healthy, ate VERY well, and very balanced and nutritious meals, and our old apartment was quite suitable for 3 people.

Wanita

blue wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. You seem to imply that following the rules is harmful to people who are innocent - in my experience, it is not. If there is no indication of abuse, I happily close that case and focus on my more serious ones.
There is no greater injustice in the world today than keeping a child from his loving family.

blue

Postby blue » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:15 am

sob900 wrote:You must be the only one then, who closes a case when there hasnt been any abuse. I keep hearing the same thing over and over, like my case. I know I havent abused my son in any way and my case is still open, I still have to jump through hoops, why? You go ask them because I cant get a reasonable answer from them.
What gives one man the right to rule over another man? I'll tell you what, its called being submissive and letting yourself be ruled.
Guess what? I choose not to be ruled.
Dan

Hey Dan, thanks for being able to carry on a respectful conversation. Certainly your maturity will help you in your dealings with a frustrating system!

The DCF workers who are picking on people must not have as many cases as I get, because I don't have time, desire or motivation to bother anyone if the kids are fine and there are no serious risks in the home. I have a very full life of my own and I can't even imagine working more than I already have to work just to bother people. Despite other forum members' beliefs to the contrary, I really am just working to help the kids who need it.

sob900

caseworkers

Postby sob900 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:32 am

Why don't most caseworkers understand they are doing more harm than good to the familys and children that really don't need cps intervention? If I were a caseworker who really cared about people I would bring all of this to the attention of some one who could do some thing about this great big mess.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin

blue

Postby blue » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:49 pm

This is purely personal opinion from what I've seen in the media, but I think CPS is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they intervene too much, they're evil, and if they don't intervene enough, they are blamed. If a case is closed and then later a child is hurt, people vilify CPS (sometimes even more than the parents!), but if the child is removed because of risk of abuse before something really serious occurs, people...that's right, vilify CPS. It's a very delicate balance and I imagine very difficult to plan policy around those things.

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:50 pm

blue wrote:
Hey Dan, thanks for being able to carry on a respectful conversation. Certainly your maturity will help you in your dealings with a frustrating system!

The DCF workers who are picking on people must not have as many cases as I get, because I don't have time, desire or motivation to bother anyone if the kids are fine and there are no serious risks in the home. I have a very full life of my own and I can't even imagine working more than I already have to work just to bother people. Despite other forum members' beliefs to the contrary, I really am just working to help the kids who need it.

I am very respectful in my dealings with the DHS and anyone else involved in this fiasco. That is when they bother to answer their phone or return my calls. Which isn't very often. I have initiated every communication between myself and them. And quite frankly I have treated them with the utmost respect and have gotten nothing but contempt in return. So if myself and others here vent a little so be it. We're tired of being treated like criminals and idiots....we're tired of the "pot calling the kettle black."

And I believe that not all CWs are purposefully being evil. It's more that they are woefully UNDER-EDUCATED and UNDER-TRAINED to make the assumptions and judgements that they make (on a daily basis). This leads to the half-assed, one-sided, inflammatory and pooch-screwed investigations they conduct, aimed only at validating accusations. Because they don't have the skill-set to look for, much less find the truth. For example, the Colorado Family Risk Assesment form. A multipule choice form. Complete with the " check this box if you can't find anything else to check" boxes. In my case it was "Volatile adult relationships" and "Alcohol and other drugs" neither of which are true. But don't you know that the CW checked these two and only these two. None in the neglect column. But these two checks gave me a moderate risk. ALL BEFORE SHE EVEN SPOKE TO ME. ALL ON HEARSAY FROM MY EX. Then even after she spoke to me, she didn't change it. She didn't ask anyone else if it were true or not either. She had to check something. Then you have the supervisors who, when an investigation is messed up, cover the butt of the CW. Filing reports full of twisted statements and such. Juvenile court petitions that SSSLLLOOOWWW the process down and give them more time to manipulate children, mothers and fathers. Fish for evidence, or just make it up.

CPS also relies on juvenile court judges who are rotated in and out, who are more interested in things running smoothly than such lofty ideals such as TRUTH or JUSTICE. Probably not even up to speed on juvenile law. So they rely on CPS for a lot of their info, and take them at their word. After all....they are here to "protect the children." What a pant-load.

I don't believe that you are all evil. But I do believe that 99% of you need higher education in the correct fields of study and much better training.

CPS makes decisions that affect PEOPLE, not just case numbers. Their actions can change a persons life forever. Without the right set of skills they are going to make mistakes and destroy lives. Innocent ones and victims of the guilty that slip through.
When life puts an obstacle in your path, go over, go under, go around or go through it. But NEVER...... NEVER GIVE UP!!

wtalbot

Postby wtalbot » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:48 pm

While I can see your point, I have one question to ask you, as a social worker. What about taking a child on the ASSUMPTION that something MIGHT happen to him in the future though there's been no sign of abuse or neglect on that child? Then, making up things as the proceedings go on - things like - according to the social worker, I abused my son in FRONT OF HER. Um...ok...and you did nothing about it? Also, I am being blamed for my 3 year old son not being POTTY TRAINED, even though his FOSTER MOTHER is a SINGLE WOMAN (a lesbian, at that), and said, IN COURT, that she REFUSES to potty train him because he's a boy, and yet, she wants to adopt him??? Please understand why SOME parents, myself included, villify DFS and foster parents.

Wanita

blue wrote:This is purely personal opinion from what I've seen in the media, but I think CPS is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they intervene too much, they're evil, and if they don't intervene enough, they are blamed. If a case is closed and then later a child is hurt, people vilify CPS (sometimes even more than the parents!), but if the child is removed because of risk of abuse before something really serious occurs, people...that's right, vilify CPS. It's a very delicate balance and I imagine very difficult to plan policy around those things.
There is no greater injustice in the world today than keeping a child from his loving family.

sob900

Postby sob900 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:49 am

blue wrote:This is purely personal opinion from what I've seen in the media, but I think CPS is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they intervene too much, they're evil, and if they don't intervene enough, they are blamed. If a case is closed and then later a child is hurt, people vilify CPS (sometimes even more than the parents!), but if the child is removed because of risk of abuse before something really serious occurs, people...that's right, vilify CPS. It's a very delicate balance and I imagine very difficult to plan policy around those things.

I think CPS should be disbanded, the system is too corrupted and the system is so screwed up it can not be fixed. NJ has tried over and over to reform its system, but nothing has changed.. An alternate form of child protection services needs to be set up, one with A LOT more citizen oversight.

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:19 am

10 years ago the federal government laid out some mandates for CPS in all states to comply with or their funding would be withheld. One of these mandates was for there to be a yearly Citizens Review Board. Since then, at least in Iowa, there has only been ONE. And the citizens consisted of foster families, social workers and therapists. All with a stake in keeping the system in it's state of dysfunction.

NO STATE has complied fully with the mandates. Some states barely so. Yet they keep getting federal dollars to fund their rape of the American family.

If G.W. Bush wants to fight a war on terrorism he should cut his puppet strings and take a look in his own backyard. It's not the muslims that we should be afraid of.... it's our own government agencies.

blue

Postby blue » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:00 am

rockdundee wrote:If G.W. Bush wants to fight a war on terrorism he should cut his puppet strings and take a look in his own backyard. It's not the muslims that we should be afraid of.... it's our own government agencies.

Well if you're looking for someone to demand fair or equal treatment for all people, I'm pretty certain GW is not your man.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:12 am

I think it would be easy to fix the system. Hold all people involved Parents, Grand Parents, Children and CPS Employees to the same standards.

1. OBEY the Law.

2. Do not lie.

3. Do not be misleading.

4. Do not manipulate.

5. Do not coach witnesses.

6. Do not commit perjury. Lie in court or under oath.

7. Do not violate the Constitutional Rights of another.

8. Do not be rude and insulting.

9. Always think in terms of the COMPLETE well being of the children. The conditions at home and the trauma caused by the breaking up of the family unit.

And to enforce these, remove any premise of protection under color of law from ALL involved including the initial reporter. Grant immunity to no one, proper performance and execution of the job will provide immunity. Without a crime immunity is not required.

Every state hire, train, and operate a team of interviewers sufficient to go to every county in the state a minimum of once a year and interview every CPS worker who comes in contact with the public and to review their Case Histories to insure they are properly documenting and operating within the constraints of the Law. Here in Georgia it would require about 60 people at a cost of approximately $1,000,000 as opposed to the increase in the budget of $15,000,000 to meet the requirements of the settlement of the Federal Lawsuit agreed to a couple of weeks ago. Somewhat like Internal Affairs oversight of the Law Enforcement personnel. These people would office separately from and maintain an arms length relationship with CPS employees and report to the Governor or someone outside CPS.

Gary

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:42 pm

blue wrote:Well if you're looking for someone to demand fair or equal treatment for all people, I'm pretty certain GW is not your man.

As far as CPS goes, it sure as hell isnt Hillary/Billary/Bill (Same being apparently) who is the one that got this going to the nightmare level its at now.
Remember that the next time you go to the polls and Billary is running. She is the one that said "It takes a village (meaning government) to raise a child".

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:09 pm

momoffor,

Thank you, it is always easy to blame the sitting President for everything. Reality it takes three to four years for the effects of any President to be felt on the street. But then President Bush (Not GW, that is disrespectful of anyone) was a drunk, (about thirty years ago) but he got over it.

Gary

wtalbot

Postby wtalbot » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:28 pm

I commend anybody who can get over a serious addiction, such as alcoholism. Yes, they are still addicted to it, but to be able to stay sober is a true commitment. My mother's boyfriend is an alcoholic and has been sober since November, 2001. He's been very tempted at times to have a drink, but he overcomes it every time (either by attending an extra AA meeting or going out with friends from AA). It is a battle of will power, and anybody who can overcome the urge to take a drink should be commended. The same goes with people addicted to drugs. Every day clean is another day they won't regret.

Wanita

sob900

Right

Postby sob900 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:49 pm

Gary Shaw wrote:I think it would be easy to fix the system. Hold all people involved Parents, Grand Parents, Children and CPS Employees to the same standards.

1. OBEY the Law.

2. Do not lie.

3. Do not be misleading.

4. Do not manipulate.

5. Do not coach witnesses.

6. Do not commit perjury. Lie in court or under oath.

7. Do not violate the Constitutional Rights of another.

8. Do not be rude and insulting.

9. Always think in terms of the COMPLETE well being of the children. The conditions at home and the trauma caused by the breaking up of the family unit.

And to enforce these, remove any premise of protection under color of law from ALL involved including the initial reporter. Grant immunity to no one, proper performance and execution of the job will provide immunity. Without a crime immunity is not required.

Every state hire, train, and operate a team of interviewers sufficient to go to every county in the state a minimum of once a year and interview every CPS worker who comes in contact with the public and to review their Case Histories to insure they are properly documenting and operating within the constraints of the Law. Here in Georgia it would require about 60 people at a cost of approximately $1,000,000 as opposed to the increase in the budget of $15,000,000 to meet the requirements of the settlement of the Federal Lawsuit agreed to a couple of weeks ago. Somewhat like Internal Affairs oversight of the Law Enforcement personnel. These people would office separately from and maintain an arms length relationship with CPS employees and report to the Governor or someone outside CPS.

Gary

In other words: Use some damn common sense and follow the protections given us by the Constitution.
Dan

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:01 pm

rockdundee wrote:If G.W. Bush wants to fight a war on terrorism he should cut his puppet strings and take a look in his own backyard. It's not the muslims that we should be afraid of.... it's our own government agencies.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't blaming Bush for the mess CPS is in. I was merely saying that if he wants to fight a war on terrorism and spend billions of dollars, he should declare war on those who are REALLY terrorizing American families.

He should "take the moral high ground" and "stay the course" to protect the sanctity of the American family and the Constitution from all those who wish them harm. Especially those who hide right here in our own backyard, behind the color of law and behind government badges.

All he really has to do is expose them to public scrutiny. They will defeat themselves.

sob900

Too Bad

Postby sob900 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:24 pm

It's too bad George bush wipes his butt with the constitution on a daily basis.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:16 am

Rock,

I agree.

sob900,

I disagree. I believe it is the courts, on all levels up to and including the U S Supreme Court that performs this miracle of dexterity.

Maybe we should ALL pick a time, say August 20, 2005 at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (1:00 PM Central, 12:00 Noon Mountain, and 11:00 PM Pacific) and send an Email to the President. Personally I would like good_dad or Bob_Lynn to word a sample and post it for us to use as a guide. That way it would be factual and not venting (venting does not get the attention of politicians). We could all get ours typed and hit the button. We are not a huge group but 20, 50 or a 100 at the same time from all over the country should at least get them read.

We might even consider continuing and send to all US Senators again at a precribed time and to selected Senators each time for impact.

Gary

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:33 am

Gary,

What a cool idea. Perhaps you should start a new topic so the idea doesn't get lost. Maybe more people will jump on the idea also. I know I'll do it.

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:45 am

ODD HAPPENINGS

Last week the caseworker called and talked to my husband who told her that he no longer had anything to say to her without legal representation. She insisted that he answer some of her questions and he told her again that he had the right to legal counsel. She asked him why he felt he needed legal counsel if he was sure everything in her report was a lie and he told her, "I have the right to legal counsel and that's that."

She called my husband's family and started asking them questions and told them that my husband refused to cooperate with her without legal representation and she also informed them that she would be closing the case.

Well she called again and asked for ME this time. She told me that my husband needed to come in for a drug-screen. I asked her why. She said, "I know he's not on any illegal drugs but we need to confirm that he does in fact have the the drug ABCDE* in his system." I said, "He doesn't have to submit to a drug-screen to proove he takes that medication. He told you he took the medication. If you had talked to his doctor's like you said you did you would have also received that information from them and they would have confirmed that for you. " She said, "This is only a suggestion." I said, "Well he denies it, it's not court ordered." She screamed at me, "Thank you Mrs. Red!" and slammed the phone down.

She called my husband's family member(s) and told them he denied taking a drug-screen and that she had been informed we were talking to a lawyer. She told that family member to tell us that his attorney was in violation of some Chapter of the law that prohibits interference in an investigation and that his lawyer was guilty of that. She didn't tell ME that over the phone when she talked to me 5 minutes before she called them. I guess she thought if she told them to tell us that that we would get scared and submit or that should it come up in court that she said it because so-and-so said she did it would be third party information and hearsay.

Also, she's not asked him to take an drug-test before now. It's like she has nothing to go on and she's trying to use every little thing she can come up with and she's got so long to do it in or else she has no choice but to stamp CASE CLOSED on the file.

I honestly feel like this woman is out to get my husband. She hasn't concerned herself at all with me. She's not investigated me in the least; it's all about him. The only time she wants to talk to me is when he tells her he is not doing anything without an attorney. She then tries to babytalk me into "You know it's best for him", and "We both have a responsibilty to take care of him and his needs right now," and my all time favorite, "I know you both love each other very much and there is no doubt in my mind that he will do what you ask; we need his cooperation". BS!

Her concerns have not been what relates to her title which is CHILD Protective Services Agent. Her concerns have been pointed at my husband, not our children at all. She hasn't called here to ask one thing about my kids nor has she asked to speak with my children again NOR has she asked us to have the kids here when she visits. She just wants my husband here when she visits and she wants to catch him alone. I think it pisses her off because everytime she calls or comes around several people are here to monitor everything she says.

She told a family member that she wouldn't step foot back in our house because my husband told her she would be tape recorded, video taped, or would have to submit her questioning in front of his attorney. So now she says she is closing the case. Well if she had anything to GO ON and we were misinformed by an attorney, why jump to close the case and hang up the phone when being reminded of our legal rights and legal right to representation?

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:21 am

Inamess,

Way to go!! Tell your husband to stick to his guns. If legal representation scares the CW then she is most likely trying to pull something. She was breaking the law when she talked to your children alone...PERIOD. Even though you let her after she LIED to you and said that the law didn't cover her interview. It most certainly does. The CW coerced you into letting her interview your children. You did not willingly let her do it. So it is illegal...PERIOD. Stick to your guns, it really pisses them off when people know their rights and exercise them. If you can, it would be wise to record EVERYTHING on audio or video. Tapes don't lie. But CPS workers do.

And unless your in-laws are a part of the investigation, CW needs to leave them out of it. She is digging because she has nothing. Stick to your guns and don't let them walk over you.

I will post a really good site to look at. I need to find it first...stay tuned.

rockdundee

Postby rockdundee » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:24 am

This is written by Thomas and Aimee Dutkiewicz of the Connetticut DCF watch:

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

You will need ADOBE to read.
It is full of VERY good info. A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE WHO IS IN THIS FIGHT. Read as much of this entire paper as you can and you will probably find that it is full of pertinant info. And it isn't just a lot of words either. It is all backed up by case law. Much of said case law coming from appeals courts. So you know that these cases had to fight a broken system to get heard.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:02 am

AllForThisSite

Congratulations! Great job!

Gary Shaw

In the past 2 years, there were at least 2 different testimonies (that I know of) in front of the Congress Ways and Means Committee regarding the criminal activities of CPS. I believe there was a 3rd testimony recently regarding the illegal experiments of HIV drugs on foster care children in New York City. So if Congress is not aware of what's going on by now, they are not representing American citizens. So guess what? Those jackasses in Congress need to be voted out ASAP and a whole new crew needs to be voted in.

Now on to Mr. Bush. This head jackass works for Halliburton, the pharmaceutical industry, Saudi Arabia and any big corporation who contributed heavily to his campaign. There is nothing I can write to this buffoon that will change anything that's going on with CPS. He has absolutely no interest in doing what's best for America unless it's best for him and his buddies. His atrocious record on screwing America speaks for itself.

1. He took America to war on blatant lies and called it a "war on terrorism". The real war on terror is being fought against the very system that employs him, that of American families against the domestic terrorists, the US government!

2. He is destroying America economically by creating the biggest deficit in this country's history with no end in sight. And just for the American workers, he has the audacity to proclaim that outsourcing (sending all our jobs overseas) is good for America.

3. He is in cahoots with the pharmaceutical industry and is working to drug as many millions of American children as possible for huge pharma profits as a result of findings from a strategically and deviously named "New Freedom Commission". Does the name "Child Protective Services" ring a bell? How about the "Patriot Act" and "No Child Left Behind"?

There's much more I can say about this "President" who should be tried for HIGH TREASON against America, but I think you all get the gist.

Return to “CPS Investigations”