Questions about CPS records and employment/licensure.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav

Questions about CPS records and employment/licensure.

Postby kdddav » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:34 am

Hello! I am the wife of kdddav, who posts here regularly. Actually I was supposed to be kdddav, but he saw me reading this forum one day and I was having trouble registering and he took my name. LOL.I have been lurking for quite a while and finally decided to come out of lurkdom and introduce myself . Currently I work as an aide at a nursing home. Even without a CPS record (all unfounded) I do NOT want to do this job forever,so I am making plans to further my education . Here is my dillema: I was in nursing school for my practical nursing certificate when the second CPS invasion began. This was one of the reasons why I dropped out. now I have been offered a second chance at nursing school but have been having second thoughts about wether I really want to be a nurse or not. I went to the new school and tried to explain my situation to the counselor there . I was told that if they were unfounded then there should not be any problem with obtaining a nursing license since I have never been arrested and never even went before a judge.However, she hinted that there must be a good reason for three investigations. She also stated "You really have to have your life together for the nursing program" (in short).Hmmm...My life is about as together as it is gonna get at this point in it. I am fortunate enough to have a job where I only work weekends and still get paid for full time. However I am seriously considering a completley different career alltogether.At work we have elderly people who have been "removed " from the care of their families due to abuse/neglect issues-wether true or not .At home two of our kids have learning disabilities, one is autistic and will most likely always have to live at home with us.So even after she is an adult I will still be at risk of being accused of abusing or neglecting her. Every day that I go to work I am at risk of being accused of abuse/ neglect becouse most of my patients are very fragile-skinned-we take a risk just getting them in and out of their wheelchairs. I would like to have one aspect of my life where I do not feel the constant threat of protective services. If I decide to become a nurse however I will make quite a bit more money and that is a factor to consider becouse kdddav has been unable to find a job for several years now due to his chronic health problems. I am also a little concerned about being able to find work with a cps record. I have been with my current job since before this all started,so it was not a factor when I was hired. I have really not been able to find information on this online. We are in Florida.Any help/advice would be appreciated. I may not be able to post replies untill Monday. Catch ya later.PS. I was unable to log on as kdddav'swife which is my username, and did not realize this till I hit the submit button. We only have one working computer in this family and I guess kdddav set it to automatically remember his log on.
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:50 am

I forgot to ask.Does anyone know if , in fact, I can be denied licensure for nursing in Florida? The lady that I spoke to at the school did not seem certain and I do not want to go through the stressof nursing school again just to get told I can't get a license. Sincerily, kdddav'swife.
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

kdddav'swife

Fixed it.

Postby kdddav'swife » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:03 am

Now I can log on as kdddav'swife.

snd469

Postby snd469 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:58 am

I honestly don't believe an open or closed CPS investigation can prevent you from getting your license. It should have no bearing... however, a criminal record would?

inamess

Postby inamess » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:04 am

I am also in FL, and had a case ruled unfounded. When I called DCF to find out information about my name being on a registry, I was told yes my name would be, even though the case was closed with no indicators. She told me my name would be on there for 50 years, and the only consolation was that it would also state the case was closed unfounded.

When I asked how this would affect future employment, if I wanted to become a nurse, or a teacher or work at a daycare, etc., she said the information would be available to prospective employers. She said they would see that the case was closed unfounded, and the decision to hire or not would be theirs, of course.

It is important for us to have our names expunged, and I am not sure how to do this without having to hire an attorney. :roll:

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:38 pm

I have no criminal record at all. We never even went before a judge.I have been told different things.I do know that florida stores the records of all reports at the abuse hotline. Supposedly only the substantiated reports go to the central registry. The hotlines keeps records of all reports for seven years.Subjects of unfounded reports can REQUEST expungement before seven years.It is not automatic. This is what I think is so unfair. In some states like Nebraska and Arkansas unfounded reports are expunged promptly, while in others they remain on record for several years and the burden as well as the cost, is on us to try to get them expunged. Here in Florida you can go to a paralegal and get them to file the paperwork for you and it will depend on how backlogged the courts are. It is going to cost me about $350 if I can get them expunged. Bye for now.

Return to “CPS Investigations”