Every Monday through Friday

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav

Every Monday through Friday

Postby kdddav » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:19 am

Folks,

I decided to open up an IRC channel daily for us to meet in real time chat. I will be there! So, what is an IRC? Internet Relay Channel. I am going to share some information on how to get a program that is easy and free to use.

I use Trillian. You can download it from here and install the Basic only. It's free. there is no adware or spyware or virus in it.

http://www.trillian.cc/

Once it's finished downloading, install it. It will ask if you have AIM, Yahoo, etc, and if you remember login and passwords, add em, it's easy as all get out. If not, just check the IRC box. If later on you want to install a service such as AIM or MSN, you can. Press next.

In the IRC Box, put this information in the named boxes when it asks for it.

Server Alias Box: Any name will do
Change the irc.trillian.com::6667 Box with a spare ... box next to it to irc.slashnet.org::6667 it will overwrite it.
Nickname Box: Any Nickname
Username Box: Any Username
UserInfo Box: You can leave bank, whatever you put here becomes your new nickname

Then press the ok, next, continue button, or whatever wants you to proceed with a yes selection.

When trillian is installed, you will have colored button(s) (Depends on how many chat services you add, if the irc only, then one.) Right click it and a pull down box will appear. Click Join Channel and when ya get the bar, type CPS and click OK.

You will get a small box on your computer, it's shrunk down by default. You can maximize it or resize it however you like. It's easy to understand and nice to use.

Join the CPS channel only AFTER 5:00 PM EST because if the room isn't created yet, YOU will create it and be the Administrater of the room. If you don't know the Mod Commands to kick people who wander in and get stupid, it's best to let me create it first. I will create it around 4:30PM EST but in case I have a snaffu, please wait till 5 PM EST.

I will be the Moderator in the room from 5 to Midnight. Eastern. We can discuss this board, get the word out about CPS to others, and whatever else. Everyone feel free to join.

Linda, to be fair, I tried using the chat service for this board, and well, it's hard to use and weird at times. If you get Trillian and use it, I promise you won't be unhappy. I am not trying to take over a function, just making an offer for something nicer to use.

Hope to see you all there soon.

The Tech
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:56 am

i have Xchat on mine and i run on linux.what will be the name of the group for me to join on cause i can't download the one you are useing.

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:50 am

You may be able to use irc://slashnet/CPS

Or if it makes a fresh room as Slashnet has a randonm server list (tech talk for it may not be seen immediately and creats a new room ontop of it)

Then try the direct irc channel irc.slashnet.org::6667 and use the search room list until you find CPS. I don't know the functions of Xchat, but if you manual find it, it will work.

The Tech
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:35 pm

i'm there you see me

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:53 pm

this is wonderful and i think this was a great idea now we can all talk,

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:09 pm

i am sitiin in the chat room tech made up so anybody wan t o talk i am there for another hour or so

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:04 pm

how do i get into chat with yahoo without an invite and if i need an invite can someone please invite me? jcrgrafix is my yahoo

sedwards

Postby sedwards » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:20 pm

ok kd i am downloading it it takes so long it is pitiful lol it says two hours so i guess i wont make it today :( and mom i just tried to add you to yahoo but it showa you dont have it download yahoo messanger .. go to a search and type in yahoo messanger and download from there

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:56 pm

i am back in the chat that tech created.in the irc room if anybody would,needs,wants to talk.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:32 pm

come one come all come into techs chat room,need to talk feel free to vent and complain,i am so far the only one here

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:22 am

Tech, i am back in the room you created and it has had plenty of people in it.This is good.will keep you updated.Anybody need to talk come on in.Rant rave or just complain.

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:29 pm

any body want to chat about your case or just vent come into the chat room Tech created i am there.

Chaco

Postby Chaco » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:29 pm

Hey, if anyone is around and wants to try out this chat, I actually figured out how to get in.... I'm there now.

Chaco
My thought for the day.........
CPS workers are like Slinkies

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Return to “CPS Investigations”