As of today

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

christinewilson

As of today

Postby christinewilson » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:10 pm

As of today, we have not had a return visit from the CPS worker. I am not complaining mind you. I was wondering should I expect her to come still? She said that she would come back LAST week but she is a no show ! And I was so looking forward to telling her to take a hike !

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:24 pm

Does the * Stay away CPS dance*

Well maybe they forgot about you. I doubt it but one can only hope.

*burns a CPS workers voodoo dolly*
If you happen to message me via messanger, please let me know you are from this board. That way I wont insta block for not knowing you. Thank you. ~Rainy~

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Oh yes you can bet on that. She will be back but with a different CPS Worker this time. They are known to change Workers just to agiate you. That is their sick evil procedure, wait it out, make you wait then they jump on you.

Just be prepared EVERYDAY, I know it is extensive, but it is the truth. It happened to me then all of the sudden they jump up. I have had one worker wait three months then change then here she comes. Usually they come in the day-time. You would be better off at the Shopping Mall or excercise some where else to RELAX. Even go out for a Walk....it just makes you sick health-wise when you impatiently look out the window every 10 minutes. I know it is Evil CPS that makes everyone jumpy but that is what they do and they must enjoy and proud of their Jobs eh?

Sick, sick job ever!

That is why I sigh with a relief when I know I can sleep at Night but make sure get a long night's sleep, so you can be prepared for a long day's of misery. Make sure the House is clean, and you know of your Rights, just go outside and don't let them INSIDE of the House! talk sweet and short outside on the porch and if they want to get inside the house, you kindly tell them to get a warrant and make sure the Kids are behind you to show they are "just" fine and make sure you have witnesses around you. THEY HATE Witnesses, I guarantee you. I have had Workers leave early just because my Mother was there, my Dad was there, etc...etc...and Neighbours. They are my best weapon. :wink: don't tell everything about nothing. they have very very tricky questions....such as "do you have anything to add to this report?" Don't comment on something that is not true. They have the most famous question "do you think the Kids needs help?" Counselling perhaps for their bad behaviour? They do that, they are in fact "advertising" their services!!!! Money renendred. easy as patty cake!

christinewilson

Postby christinewilson » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:55 pm

ugggg !!!!! all I can do is just be prepared for the time that CPS does rear its UGLY little head back at my door! Now that I know my rites, I will not just take anything that they say as the truth and I will set the boundaries for what I will and will not agree to.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:26 pm

Keep in mind that with the hurricane relief efforts and the call for social workers to that area, there might be delays nationwide with the handling of things. I dont know how much it all entails, but I am sure even if they werent a part of the effort they will still find a way to claim that as a reason for not being timely =)

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:02 am

Yup, they are looking to steal Kids from the Hurricane Disaster. Looks like your "case" have to wait a bit....but they will get back to you. But just remember their Policy Manual says that Investigation must be conducted within 30 days, some 60 days....so if they waited too long, too bad for them!

You have the right to know what the "allegations" are as they are supposed to TELL you what they are!

then they do the investigation in 30 days, depending, could be 60 days, then they HAVE to come back and tell you if it is case closed based on unfounded base. etcccc

Hopefully case closed, but they will open a "new" one because your Name is forever in their Computer! More Harrassement to come!!

Dan Sullivan

Re: As of today

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:18 am

[quote="christinewilson"][b]As of today, we have not had a return visit from the CPS worker. I am not complaining mind you. I was wondering should I expect her to come still? She said that she would come back LAST week but she is a no show ! And I was so looking forward to telling her to take a hike ! [/b][/quote]

PLEASE, don't piss off the CW.

Chances are about 80% that she's gonna close the case unfounded.

The worst that the first CW said was your bed wasn't made.

Don't be the one to escalate this to a place you don't want to be... in front of a Judge.

Best, Dan

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:48 am

Brining up your rights to a caseworker does nothing...I know. I brought mine up and all it did was extend my case from 30 days to 90..all total 4 months of being investigated. I informed the caseworker that my husband didn't have to submit to any drug test because it wasn't court ordered and that if she had picked up his medical records like she was supposed to do, she would have all the proof she needs right there to show that yes, my husband does take all the medications the report said he did. She didn't need a drug test to proove it, all she needed was the medical records. Duh! So they never asked him to take another drug test.

As for the counseling, yes he did have to go to that. He has to continue to go for as long as the counselor says he does. My husband got to pick his own counseling agency and his own counselor and make his own appointment. We both agreed that he is not to bring up DSS as the reason he is there in his sessions so that when the CW gets the records, the CW can't say that the counselor said this or that my husband said that about DSS.

You can tell your CW that by law you do not have to allow her into your house without a warrant. You can tell the CW that you will not submit to any services unless they are court ordered and you can tell her that you will not be questioned without an attorney present and all that's going to happen is the CW is going to get pissed off, see that she has a fight on her hands and spend time in your face because it's 1) Entertaining and 2) not as boring as closing the case unfounded.

The best thing to do is just do whatever they ask you to do and let it be at that. No amount of law reciting, right reciting, policy and procedure reminding is going to do any damn good. They are there for 30 days and you just have to deal with it. If you want to put a stop to it, stop dealing with people in your life that call DSS.

I sit right here everyday, same as everyone else, wondering when and if the witch is going to show up unannounced. Those famous, "I was in the area and I knew I had missed my appointment with you last week so I thought I'd drop by," type of things urk me more than anything else. I have had to miss time from work to sit here and wait on a CW because she "had to see everybody" and then have her not show up or even call. Imagine having to explain to your boss why you have to come in late all the time! You have an appointment for the CW to be here and you ask to come in an hour late and the CW doesn't show up that day but calls the next day and says she'll be there and you call into work and request another allowance of being late...it pisses you off, your boss off, and the only person who is working with no limitations is the damn CW. She's not going to get fired for showing up at your house late...but you will be if you keep taking time off to be there for her when she doesn't show. It's bad when you have to call the damn supervisor to get the CW out there so you can go on with your life until the NEXT time.

It sucks. It's not right. I don't like having my time wasted anymore than anyone else over bogus reports and lies but it's a thing we have to contend with when people we know like to pick up the phone and call DSS. But I do plan to sue my ex-husband for lost wages and for every counseling session I've had to pay for for my husband when this is all over based on his lies. Funny thing is, the CW is more interested in his 5 month old baby and the fact that he plead guilty to a neglect charge 10 years ago. She doesn't even come out here to talk to us about us, it's all about him. Sounds silly doesn't it??
P.A.S.S.
Parents Against Social Services
http://144418.aceboard.net/

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:09 am

[quote="AllForThisSite"]

<<<snip>>>

The best thing to do is just do whatever they ask you to do and let it be at that.

<<<snip>>>

[/quote]

I strongly disagree.

Dan

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:19 am

All for this site:

Yes you are correct about the whole situation with CW. That is why talking to them is better and faster so they can get lost. The more we piss them off, the more harder she will make for us.

So I go half way, talk less, but do let her know not to step over "boundaries" of our Rights. CW are pain in the arse....I cannot even imagine they can hold a Job- the most despised and hated Job that People look at them with Hated Look. How can they compose? They MUST love their Jobs seeing People suffer and that is the only way they can pull through by doing evil and act evil. Simple as that. Evil vs. Evil makes their Job easier.

If they have common sense and some good in them, they would have quit the Job years ago. :?

My quote for the day:

We are working to make sure they are Jobless tomorrow. :wink:

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:22 am

Smile at them while remaining firm. Dont yell or cuss (I really have to work on that one).
If you happen to message me via messanger, please let me know you are from this board. That way I wont insta block for not knowing you. Thank you. ~Rainy~

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:34 am

[/quote]Smile at them while remaining firm. Dont yell or cuss (I really have to work on that one).

I have to too.

I have never sworn or cussed until all of this happened. I am appalled at me and so is my family. :shock:

I never wanted my grandchildren to think less of me and I always want to be a good example to them. Dealing with cps has brought out the worst in me.

I have to thank my dear five year old grandson though. He must have heard me tell his mom not to long a go there is such a thing as "justified anger."

He heard me swear at them when in our car coming home from our last hearing. He asked me later if it was a justified swear word.

Yep! it was a justified swear word!!

I didn't do that quote right :roll:
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:00 am

Me too, I am trying hard in my head not to say something stupid. that is why I keep reminding myself to "keep it together girl"......

CPS created anger in all of us. but one amazes me to know that we had to "take anger management course" just because of that. They are no brainer, they should know that they created that anger in all of us!

I just think CPS should take a course on "How to make Clients happy". :roll:

My quote for the Day:

We are working to make sure they are jobless tomorrow. :wink:

Michael

Notification of Finding

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:15 pm

CPS worker does not hae to notify you of the decision on the case in person. It can be by mail, fax, or phone.

You can get a copy of the investigation as soon as the case is closed. . . UNLESS the District Attorney if filing criminal charges. . .

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:38 pm

Yeah and even if you have TWO doctors yours and thiers saying there was no abuse you can still have the case "founded" ask me I know from personal experiance.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:40 pm

My worker fought to have the court order unannounced visits.

After 3 months I stopped by his office to talk to him and he says, "I have been by your house a few times but nobody is ever home", I said "I work the same hours as you do, aren't you glad you fought for those unannounced visits" and smiled at him...He didn't know what to think and couldn't use it against me, then he wanted announced visits, I told him "No, it is not ordered that way and you may tell the judge, my visits don't mean as much because you have to announce you are coming, so we will keep it like this, as the court ordered, stop whenever you want"....My case was closed shortly after...The GAL stated to me" The worker just wants you out of his life" :D

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:21 pm

Dan you said that you strongly disagreed with "doing what they say".... Would you like to explain why you disagree? I am really interested to read your thoughts on that as I know a few others would be also.

It just seems that there is are a lot of people telling others to stick up for their rights and remind CPS workers of their rules and policies and what is legal and what is not only to find themselves in a world of a mess.

For 30 days I demanded a court order for the counseling they said my husband had to go through because my ex-husband is on a power trip and cannot afford an attorney--using the freebies of CPS to get his way--and the only thing it got me was a nice letter in the mail stating: substantiated neglect, because my husband refused to go to counseling at OUR expense over a crop of lies fabricated by my ex. It also got us a 90 day extension on our case for which a CW will be visiting my home on a bi-weekly basis and calling once a week on the week(s) that she does not make direct visits.

So the only two things they have NOT been able to do is drug test my husband to proove he takes his medication...because the physician stated that he did prescribe them and the medical records state the same thing...so no need to cough up $65 for the drug test. Also, the request that my daughter go to daycare was thrown out because my daughter's grandmother watches her while I work and daycare registration is long past due, ALSO because the report made had nothing to do with my daughter.

The only thing they had to go on was the counseling and they got that today. My husband went, he spent 45 minutes with the counselor who told him she had been faxed a copy of the DSS report along with every other counseling agency in the county in case he made an appointment elsewhere....so now ALL counseling agencies in the county know our business. The counselor told him that she understood where all of this was going, that it was spite and evil work by my ex, and that she saw no reason to continue any counseling as he was perfectly fine in her book and she'd be telling the CW so on Wednesday.

I talked with my CW's supervisor who said she didn't understand WHY the case had to go as long as 90 days if the counselor released my husband with a clean bill of health...and she also said she didn't understand why the CW said she had to "see all of us" when she came out here since the report was NOT on anyone here but my husband. I don't think anyone down there has their ducks in a row, let alone be able to count 'em.

But if you try to stand up for yourself with CPS you better make sure you have the financial means of hiring a good attorney who has gone up against CPS before and won. If you don't have the money, then don't start the battle. Refusal to follow their service plans unless they get a court order only shows guilt in their eyes and a judge is not going to ask much about your side of the things or the order put in their face when a CPS worker asks for one because they way the judge see's it, THEY ARE RIGHT AND WE ARE WRONG.

Refusing to follow what is being asked of you is bound to land yourself a nice FOUNDED or SUBSTANTIATED letter and a case extension. Then the next time they come out, if there is a next time, they will try to link everything back to the time you refused to do what they say and it will all add up against you.

The part that I DON"T understand is when CPS came out to the homes of women and the women met the CPS worker at the door and said, "Get off my property and out of my driveway," the CPS worker takes the kids or finds reasons to stick around. BUT! If a man says it, they take a hike and you never hear a word out of 'em. My mother called CPS on my dad 20 years ago just being a pain in his backside and when the CPS worker got out of the car my dad stood up on the porch and told her to get back in her car and get her ass off his property...she never returned and we never had another problem with them. My uncle did the same thing...they never came back. I've also seen other men do it and I think to myself, "There goes trouble in the making!" and the CPS worker NEVER NEVER NEVER came back or made so much as a phone call. So what's up with that???
P.A.S.S.

havehope

Postby havehope » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:50 pm

Because they think they can push women around. They know that men can't be pushed around and threatened so easily.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:47 am

[quote="AllForThisSite"] Dan you said that you strongly disagreed with "doing what they say".... Would you like to explain why you disagree? I am really interested to read your thoughts on that as I know a few others would be also.

It just seems that there is are a lot of people telling others to stick up for their rights and remind CPS workers of their rules and policies and what is legal and what is not only to find themselves in a world of a mess. [/quote]

If you've followed this particular situation from the beginning you'd know it was a report about a dirty cluttered house.

The CPS CW who initially responded found nothing but a messy bedroom to complain about.

At this point the woman is waiting for the next visit by CPS.

I posted that I strongly disagree with "do whatever they as you to do."

Because CPS could come up with parenting classes, anger management classes, drug counseling, AA meetings, psych evals, family counseling etc, etc.

This is what I initially wrote,

-------

quote="christinewilson"][b]I have a Child Protective Service issue and I need to know my rights. [/quote]

What you really need to know is how to stop CPS in their tracks.

When the CW shows up don't let her into your house, walk outside and ask her to put all the information about your case in writing so you can discuss it with your attorney.

And tell her you'll speak with her at your attnies office after you've spoken with your attny regarding the information she's going to send.

If she tries to engage you in conversation tell her that you're not going to discuss anything or answer any questions till the meeting at the attnies office.

If the CW says she has a right to go into your house tell her you'll discuss her rights with your attny.

Then politely ask her to leave.

If she insists, or threatens you, tell her that you choose not to speak with her at this time. You need to confer with your attny first.

In fact, put it in writing and have the CW sign that she received a copy!

"Please put whatever information you have about my case in writing so I can discuss it with my attny. I will contact you after I've conferred with my attny about the allegations. Thank you."

[/quote]
The allegations are outlandish and unfounded. [/quote]

What were the allegations?

[/quote]
The worker told me that I MUST allow her in my home EVERY time that the hotline is called![/quote]

You should ask your attny.

Chances are you'll never get any paperwork from CPS and that'll be the end of it.

Best, Dan Sullivan

-----------

Some people have this woman prepared for a major battle when the CW shows up.

So I posted,

---------------

Don't be the one to escalate the situation to a level you don't want to be at, which is in Court in front of a Judge.

Have your meeting tomorrow with the CW.

Please handle it the way I've suggested.

If, as you say "the ONLY thing that she could come up with for me to change was to CLEAN MY BED ROOM ! " it might end when the CW hears you want everything in writing.

CPS CWs HATE paperwork.

She'll probably close the case as unfounded to save herself the trouble.

Good luck, Dan

-------------

And then,

-------------

Don't antagonize the CW.

She's just doing what she's supposed to be doing.

You piss in her pool, you can be sure she's gonna piss in yours.

In one of my CPS investigations a CW came unannounced to my door. I invited her in (no one has to do what I do!!!!!) and she sat on the couch in my living room. She said that they had received a report and she read to me the allegations. When she was finished I simply said none of it was true. She asked if I would like to comment on the report. I said I couldn't comment on something that never happened.

I said thank you for coming and I walked her to the door.

That was the whole thing. Closed unfounded.

Couldn't have been more than ten minutes.

Don't force CPS into a boxing ring unless YOU'RE ready to go 15 rounds.

And you won't just be fighting the CW. You'll be fighting her, her supervisor, the county attny and a Judge.

<<<snip>>>

Later, Dan

-------------

And then,

-------------
PLEASE don't piss off the CW.

The first CW that came did an initial assessment of safety on the children... her job is to confront the subject of the report with the allegations (which you denied) and determine if the children are in any immediate danger (which they weren't).

The one that's coming tomorrow is the one that's been assigned your case. Chances are about 80% that she's gonna close the case unfounded.

I would tell the CW that just prior to the report being made you declined to "lend" money to an acquaintance, who threatened to call CPS if you didn't help her out.

This is what I would do.

No one has to do what I would.

Telling the CW about the acquaintance gives her an understanding why the report was made.

And then ask her for everything in writing. Tell her you're following the instructions of your attny.

Later, Dan

------------

Here's the link to the first thread on the subject.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Some people want the woman to turn it into a battle, and other people, such as yourself, suggest the complete opposite... doing "whatever" CPS wants.

I want the woman to keep the situation as smooth and unconfrontational as possible, somewhere in the middle.

Read what I posted... see if what I said doesn't make sense.

Thanks, Dan

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:51 pm

Dan,

Maybe I am just in a state outlandish from everywhere else but stuff like that doesn't fly here. You won't tell a caseworker you're not letting her in your house and you WILL do what they say even if it is unreasonable requests like counseling, drug testing, parenting classes, drug classes, or whatever else they dream up.

I don't care if the call made on you was something about you running naked from the bathroom shower to your bedroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around you, if CPS feels that your family needs drug counseling and parental counseling and damn lessons in fingerpainting then that is EXACTLY what you will be required to do to put an end to the junk.

About the not letting them in... Our own CW told us--when she was late getting out here and explained the delay with another case--that this woman she went to drop in on would not let her in her house. She said she had been to the house before a long time ago and when she pulled up this time the woman told her children to go in the house and that the woman locked the door and wouldn't come to the door. She told us that she stood on that woman's porch and called the police on her cell phone and made them come out there and get the woman to the door. She said the woman told the police that she did not want the CW in the house and the police asked her to open the door and when she did the police yanked the door open and told the CW to go on in. Now how's that for RIGHTS!??
P.A.S.S.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:51 am

AllForThisSite wrote:Dan,

Maybe I am just in a state outlandish from everywhere else but stuff like that doesn't fly here. You won't tell a caseworker you're not letting her in your house and you WILL do what they say even if it is unreasonable requests like counseling, drug testing, parenting classes, drug classes, or whatever else they dream up.

I don't care if the call made on you was something about you running naked from the bathroom shower to your bedroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around you, if CPS feels that your family needs drug counseling and parental counseling and damn lessons in fingerpainting then that is EXACTLY what you will be required to do to put an end to the junk.

Required to do by court order?

[/quote] About the not letting them in... Our own CW told us-- [/quote]

They can scare you by telling you anything...

[/quote] when she was late getting out here and explained the delay with another case--that this woman she went to drop in on would not let her in her house. She said she had been to the house before a long time ago and when she pulled up this time the woman told her children to go in the house and that the woman locked the door and wouldn't come to the door. She told us that she stood on that woman's porch and called the police on her cell phone and made them come out there and get the woman to the door. She said the woman told the police that she did not want the CW in the house and the police asked her to open the door and when she did the police yanked the door open and told the CW to go on in. Now how's that for RIGHTS!?? [/quote]

You can believe that if you want to.

What stste are you in?

Dan

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:35 am

My 2 Cents worth...

Allforthissite and Dan Dullivan,

Asking for his State will shed some light on the veracity of CPS, but unfortunately, it's like night and day between counties. And a State can have many different counties.

There are also a lot of different types of case workers. Dan, what you did to get a case closed because you had a case worker who had at least 2 IQ points worked well for that CW. And you may be very fortunate to have a CPS office where the supervisor encourages some remote clear thinking. However, if you had a fanatical case worker with the voice of a Southern Baptist Preacher at a Revival (Sorry, no offense meant at Baptists, I love all of you!) who broke into your home when you were supposed to be away, it wouldn't have worked. Just imagine it with that accent. "Do Yooah have... FOOR ChildREHN, MR RAWBerts?"

There are caseworkers who see abuse in every home, even if it's not there, cause they were abused as children and didn't get "saved". Then there are those who feel they are God and above the law. Then you do have the one who follows the law, is rational, will talk with you, not at you. Unfortunately, there are far more of the first two than the last one who is reasonable. Then take every personality trait from Rock Punkers to Red Necks and add that into the Case Workers sprinkled here and there.

So... what am I trying to say for the woman who got her home invaded for a messy bedroom, for Dan, for All, is that it's a test of your Character Judgement. And there is no surefire way to make it all work beautifully. Because of the way it is, it's very difficult to get one resolution that worked in one place to work in another, and there will be merit in trying all of it anyways. You are in the fight of your lives, after all.

What I do is outline my response in accordance to the law. I fill it in with a reserved judgement for the person at my door, all of this while very calm. Very collected, Very proper. Then the caseworker will show what they are made of. If they stay within the law, and then we both get things done, and the lies are proven lies and the case is closed, yay. If they get stupid, go nuts on me, threaten, in other words, they set the tone of the dicussion outside my front door, and when their faces crumple, their voices get nasty, they force their way in by lying to a cop or getting a cop who isn't educated enough to know everyone needs a warrant, well, it'll be all on hidden camera, sound, color video for every lawyer and judge to watch, just before I sue the living pants off the Case Worker, for once you have that proof they violated your rights, their immunity is gone (even the cop who enforced illegal entry loses his immunity) and you can sue them for a lot of money.

If there was a manual that worked more than failed on how to defeat these monsters, the person who wrote it would be an instant millionaire from all the copies they would sell.

Feel how it may turn out, stay within the law, don't be the one to cause aggravation, and get it all captured on hidden TV. It's the best defense I found so far.

The Tech

PS... here is the link to a company that sell the hidden cameras that looks like a standard screw in the wall. Very inexpensive compared to camcorders that are visable.

http://www.lammensco-usa.com/spy-usa/
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:28 am

[quote="kdddav"]My 2 Cents worth...

Allforthissite and Dan Dullivan,

Asking for his State will shed some light on the veracity of CPS, but unfortunately, it's like night and day between counties. And a State can have many different counties.

There are also a lot of different types of case workers. Dan, what you did to get a case closed because you had a case worker who had at least 2 IQ points worked well for that CW. And you may be very fortunate to have a CPS office where the supervisor encourages some remote clear thinking. [/quote]

Could not be further from the truth.

The only reason I got NY CPS to comply with the laws is that I quoted the laws in the letters I sent them.

And I had the people that I was helping say "Dan Sullivan says that's not true" when CPS lied to them.

Dan

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:11 am

I suppose that if I lived in a fine 2-story brick home with the newest Benz parked in the driveway that I might make some headway if I told the CPS worker to get a warrant to come into my home and to get court orders for everything she requested. The CPS worker would know that I know my rights and my laws and that I would plan to use my money to back them up if I saw she wasn't going to respect them. Better yet, being that I lived in a big fine home she'd probably spend more time talking to me about becoming a foster parent for other kids than worrying me about finding one for my kids.

But I don't live in a fine 2-story brick home and the only Benz I own is in a matchbox car collection. Past that, I live in a standard home and drive a standard SUV. I am the only one that works and my husband is disabled recieving DIS/SSI and Medicaid. I guess that makes me prime target to have my rights violated. If you receive assistance from the welfare office in any form or fashion, be it foodstamps, Medicaid, Disability, SSI, AFDC, or energy assistance, you waiver all rights...BASICALLY.

I've had CW's use every excuse under the sun to get into my home. Everything from, "You already receive services from our agency and if you'd like to keep being eligible for those benefits you have to comply with all DSS CW's," and "It's hot out here... Can I please come in?" That was my favorite excuse because on the given day is was 82 degrees and I informed the CW that it was no better in that it was out because our AC was broken.

Truth is, we can argue all day with CW's that we have rights and that we are entitled to them. We can stand on the porch with paperwork in hand and read off every law, policy, procedure, and rule ever made since Mr. Washington chopped down a cherry tree and all that's going to happen is that you will be prime target for a founded case, getting your kids removed, and having your case extended to some ungodly amount of months that they feel is necessary. And if there is not some truth to that, then why on earth hasn't a CW--which we know they frequent the site--jumped in by now and told me I was wrong?

I do not detest anyone standing up for their rights and making a CW do his/or her job, but I think it should also be fair to let these people know what they are in for when they do start talking about rights and laws to their CW. I don't want anyone to feel like they are armored in steel when they go to the door knock of a CW because they have a copy of laws and rights. I don't want anyone to feel like they can stand in a CW's face and start spouting off about how they are invincible with these rights and laws to the CW thinking they will run her off. They should know that when they do this that yes, it is right, and yes, it is justified but YES it will also rock the boat and they need to be prepared for whatever happens next.

If the thought of an attorney would scare a CW, mine shouldn't be here now. I talked with our attorney regarding the custody of my son and we told him about CPS and not once did he ever mention anything about not letting her in, making her get court orders for anything, or refusing to cooperate. If there was any violation to what the CW and CPS was doing, it would seem like my attorney would have brought that to my attention since the CPS thing is why I am in his office trying to get custody of my son away from my ex who obviously loves to use DSS as a weapon since he cannot afford to fight this custody battle with his own attorney.

He figures enough reports on me and the money I've paid my lawyer is going to be worthless because he can walk into the courtroom with all these CPS documents. WHICH BY THE WAY!! We told our CW when she asked about not contacting him not to contact him in any way because we don't want him to know anything about what's going on here..he'll just make more calls or call her telling more lies to keep the case open. Did she listen? Nope! They sent him a letter stating we had 4 CW's which we only have one and they said my husband was guilty of neglect which he's not been charged with anything.

My ex asked why it said neglect on the paperwork and I told him, "Well when the CW asked him why he refused to go to counseling Mike told her it was because you told lies on him and he didn't feel like he should have to go without a court order and he didn't feel like he had to go in the first place because it was all lies and that the only counseling he needed was you in a room with no doors or windows." The CW said she didn't blame my husband for feeling the way that he did and that if someone told lies like that on her that she would be up to beat somebodys' ass... But because my husband wouldn't go to counseling until the CPS worker got a court order, we got our case extended, have bi-weekly visits, and have had to go to counseling in order to put an end to it.

Rights is just a nice word somebody made up to feel like they were doing something good for humankind. The only rights you have are the right to pay taxes, the right to die, and right to pay consequences if you screw up. Past that, nobody has any rights.
P.A.S.S.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:56 am

All for this site:

It sounds like you can use Believing in yourself... I use this for a reminder every day....

Out of fear, they play on that....To be strong against Fear, you will have won.

This is the quote I remind myself and do admit it works

"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in YOU. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?"

By putting trust and faith in God, HE will help you to over come Fear and I am not afraid of CPS, CPS should be AFRAID what God might do to them. For that I am rest assured it will be taken care of in given time. :wink: For Strength, we pray with Prayers and God will give us Strength to fight all Evil.

That is the only way it works, that is WHY People stand up for their Rights, because they are not AFRAID anymore. What are they going to do? More hurt? Kids are already gone. They will be eventually be back as God promised. Most Kids came back with a Fight that is WORTH fighting for. They cannot defeat Love, and will continue doing EVIL by imposing other Families' affairs, that is what they do best as it is Satan's work to break up Families. These two's do in fact match. CPS is EVIL, and we must stand up against EVIL by doing Good. Good always wins over Evil, ALWAYS!!!

My Quote for the Day:

CPS Agencies are like Cancerous Form, we just slice them out. :wink:

Return to “CPS Investigations”