Told Family Protective Services To Take a Hike

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

SilverFox

Told Family Protective Services To Take a Hike

Postby SilverFox » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:45 am

I told FPS that I would not cooperate with them but that I would obey a judge's order to do so. They said to me that they were trying to help. I said it wasn't needed. I felt better telling them to take me to court if they chose to do so. I will obey a court order. But I decided that the intrusive nature of the FPS investigation was so offensive that I simply said no to cooperating with them. In fact, I would like to say to other parents that after my experience, it can be empowering to tell them to prove their case in court. This does not mean I have won by any means. But it does mean that FPS will have to prove their case before a judge, and that my attorney will be able to answer their charges.

My advice to any parent: Don't talk to FPS unless ordered to by a court.

As an aside, my case involves a false allegation of domestic violence made to a tip line. But as I have found, once you are in their system, they usually won't let you leave peacefully.

I also was suprised by the level of incompetence of the caseworkers. They did not know the law, and they made certain errors that would cause embarassment to a worker if made in the private sector.

WorriedGrandma

Postby WorriedGrandma » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:37 am

Back when we were fighting for our first grandson... I found a group called CPSWatch.com and Cheryl Barnes. I got tremendous help from that email list..and another one, an antiadoption group. I was VERY active during those days with those two groups.

Cheryl and others instructed that parents can refuse to talk to CPS workers or allow them in their home, unless they have a search warrant. They said that if they come to your door, even with a police officers in tow.. you can deny them entrance and demand a search warrant.

Is this true? Is this the same thing as what silverfox describes?

And whatever happened to the CPSWatch group? Sorry for asking this in this thread....

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:06 pm

Worried Grandma,

Is this true? Is this the same thing as what silverfox describes?

Yes, it is true you can do all of this and it is the same as Silverfox describes.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:03 pm

WORRIED GRANDMA

If you are referring to CPSwatch.com they are still around on the internet. http://www.cpswatch.com

I have found some interesting articles there and have put some of them on my own website.
--------------------------------------------------------
SILVERFOX

ALSO....Speaking of education.....

Most CW have a bachelor's degree and only a few weeks of training before being sent into the field to make decisions about whether your children should or should not be with you.

I have an article posted on my site where a socialworker says things like:

Social workers will not refer reports for investigation when someone sees a boy being beaten -- in a parking lot, say -- but has no idea where the child lives. They won't automatically flag mothers who use drugs or leave their children in the care of abusive neighbors. Screaming insults at a child is not, legally speaking, abusive. Neither is forcing a kid to swallow soap or Tabasco sauce.

But standards vary. Some workers will stretch to the limit to keep families together; others are apt to remove children at the first sign of trouble. And while investigators in the West Harrison office shook their heads over a man who had left his two young children alone in a movie theater, the abandonment rated not even a question from workers in another office.

A resolutely sunny woman, Marrs began working as an abuse investigator not because she loved children (though she does), but because she didn't much want to work at all. She'd spent eight years as a parole officer in Portland before moving to Las Vegas with her then-husband, who hated the Pacific Northwest rains.

But the Nevada job was a poor fit, and after Marrs was let go, she spent three months happily receiving unemployment.

"I liked it. I was home watching Oprah and eating cookies all day," she said. "But you have to show that you're looking for work, so I applied for jobs I wasn't qualified for."

One of them was child abuse investigator. Marrs was stunned when she received a call.

Can you conduct an interview? Can you testify in court? Can you make referrals? the recruiter asked.

Yes, the former parole officer said.

Then you're a social worker, she was told.

The article is Judgment calls: When to remove a child?
Eyes On CPS forum
P.A.S.S.
http://144418.aceboard.net
P.A.S.S.
Parents Against Social Services
http://144418.aceboard.net/

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

WorriedGrandma

Postby WorriedGrandma » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Right... well I totally agree that MOST of the time... the so-called social workers are under-qualified, underpaid and overwhelmed with complaints... for the task of insuring childrens safety from both ends of the spectrum. They are often young, fresh out into the world of social work... and seriously unprepared for dealing with people who live in poverty. Most of them have never been around poor people, so of course, they assume that being poor equates to being neglected.

In addition, the 1974 Mondale Act allowing anonymous reporting and then subsequent mandatory reporters, makes everybody think they are a social worker. Daycare workers with barely a GED can be a mandatory reporter. What kind of judgement can we expect from them?

Probation officers are mandatory reporters and report when a person on probation comes up positive or admits to using. Imagine the thousands of CPS calls when that occurs.

These people are under the false assumption that they are saving a child... while in fact, they are very likely condemning a child to go into danger in a foster home.

Lets be honest... there DO exist truely abusive and neglectful parents... on the other end..... and this from stats I've read of just the ....unfounded.. by CPS alone, are vindictive or frivolous complaints, which in the hands of some of these under-qualified people result in children being wrongly removed from the home.

I've even seen documentation that of those children removed from the home on unfounded complaints that many STILL are not returned to the parents!!

And somewhere ... midway out from the other end of unfounded complaints is the parent or parents, who could simply use a hand UP..... some help while the children remain with their families. Theres no need to remove kids because of dirty laundry or home or not enough food in the cabinets! That is so unbelievably trite....

There are REASONS for those conditions and usually its POVERTY. Children living in poverty probably account for most of the neglect cases. So...... CPS's job is to prey on the poor and disadvantaged? Taking newborns and toddlers from the poor so that the more advantaged can "build a family"... ?? This country needs to solve the poverty problem and then a whole lot of social ills will improve from child welfare to crime stats.

By the way, how come is a major adoption facilitator in our city (Spokane) located smack dab in the poorest part of the city?

How come the biggest fat daddy adoption attorney in this town (he specializes in nothing else) was pacing all around the waiting room in the juvenile court building while at least 3 sets of parents waited nervously to go into shelter care hearings after their NEWBORNS had been taken by CPS?

Right!

That same adoption agency worked hand in hand with the CPS worker in another county with my first grandchild... and used the same adoption attorney. I'm on to these people and by God I plan to reveal them all over again.

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:22 pm

That's fascinating information! Thanks for sharing it!

In my case, I was visited by Caseworkers who wanted me to take advantage of their services. I informed them politely that I would not cooperate with them, but that I would obey a judge's order to cooperate. I decided that for me, appearing in court and telling a judge that I do not qualify for services (because I've done nothing) is some satisfaction, even though the judge will probably rule in favor of CPS.

To clarify for parents in a similar situation. I cooperated with the CPS investigator. The investigator referred me to Family Protective Services. The FPS caseworkers began to ask me questions and I simply said I would not cooperate with them and would not answer questions, but that I would if a judge so ordered.

I was informed by FPS that they think it is easy to obtain court orders, that they do so daily, and that if a judge has to order me to cooperate, that it will not look good for me.

I am not at all intimidated by FPS, since there is no possibility in my case that they could obtain permanent custody of my child, due to the nature of the allegations against me, which are very minor by comparison to others I've read about. However, FPS wants me to take services. I said no. Now they will drag me to court. My attorney will speak for me. I'll probably lose.

But if everyone made CPS go to court and refused to cooperate without being ordered to do so by a judge, then the system would become so clogged up that some changes would have to be made at CPS to reduce their workload--like not investigating minor complaints.

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:44 pm

I don't believe that DSS would remove a child based on 1 report of an unclean home but yes I do believe that after 4 or 5 reports of the same thing that they would. Basically that this shows to a judge that there is evidence of something going on but they can't catch you at it. This is what happened with my aunt. Her reports were bogus ones and as I sit here reading over her file I am amazed that any worker would show up and knock on her door and waste time.

I asked my aunt for the copy of her file that she received from DSS after her children were removed. She is moving to another county and is so glad to get out from under the thumb of the other county's DSS system. Now that I have the report I can tell you all what the reports were against her. And the basis for removal : "Too many complaints to DSS regarding abuse and neglect of the children. We ask that the court respect that we have 24 unfounded cases and 2 founded cases."

CALL 1
Candles burning in livingroom. Windows open. Apartment has heat pump with heat and ac. Possibility power has been cut off." UNFOUNDED

CALL 2
Two year old has diaper sagging to knees. UNFOUNDED

CALL 3
Bleach spot on carpet from over-turned bleach bottle. Unidentified tenant informed apartment manager that a child uncapped the bottle and turned it over. FOUNDED
Evidence: Stain on diningroom carpet.

CALL 4
Children are not bathed daily. Clothes smell like animal urine. UNFOUNDED

CALL 5
Children ate only maccaroni and cheese over the weekend. Mother did not have money to buy food.
UNFOUNDED

CALL 6
Mother distraught over being unable to provide children with Christmas gifts. Children depressed over Christmas.
UNFOUNDED

CALL 7
Children not bathed. Children left alone at night.UNFOUNDED

CALL 8
Children made to do laundry. Mother yells at children for not doing chores. Chores expected to be done are unsafe for children. SPECIAL REMARKS: Cleaning the bathroom is not unsafe for 11 year old. UNFOUNDED

CALL 9
Children left alone in the apartment while mother goes to doctor appointments.UNFOUNDED

CALL 10
Mother has boyfriend that consumes alcohol in front of children. REMARKS: Mother was at the beach with children and not in the home at the time of the report. UNFOUNDED

CALL 11
4 year old carried around a can of green beans begging someone to make him something to eat. UNFOUNDED

CALL 12
Oldest child is made to wait for the bus in cold weather without a coat on. Children are not bathed. UNFOUNDED

CALL 13
Mother sleeps on the couch all day and does not watch 4 year old. UNFOUNDED

CALL 14
Mother sleeps most of the day and allows the 4 year old to run freely about the house.UNFOUNDED

CALL 15
Father knocked on the door of his daughter and claims house was "nasty" and "inhabitable. WORKER COMMENTS: Apartment Manager completed a home inspection the day before the father's visit and the apartment score for cleanliess was 100% UNFOUNDED

CALL 16
Daughter contacted 911 without parental permission as a prank. Mother was advised to speak with children to use the 911 system only when necessary. CPS sent to check up on family. UNFOUNDED

CALL 17
Spoiled milk in refrigerator. Moldy food items in refrigerator. Trash not taken out. UNFOUNDED

CALL 18
Daughter reported to children at the bus stop that her mother told her to runaway and never come back. UNFOUNDED

CALL 19
Children left in the care of a neighbor who lost her children due to substantiated child abuse. Concerned neighbor feels mother did not use good judgement and appointed caretaker with a past of abuse to children neglectfully. UNFOUNDED

CALL 20
Children left standing on the porch in the sleet. No one home to supervise the children. UNFOUNDED

CALL 21
Children are not given a continuous bedtime and are allowed to stay up until midnight. Children are not bathed. UNFOUNDED

CALL 22
Mother sits on back porch on the phone while children roam the house unsupervised. UNFOUNDED

CALL 23
Children are not bathed. Children are whipped with a belt. Children are not allowed to go outdoors to play. UNFOUNDED

CALL 24
Mother left children in the care of a person who was consuming alcohol. Children were found eating cereal while the adult appointed to watch them was asleep on the couch. Children unsupervised. FOUNDED SPECIAL REMARKS: Investigators spending too much time in the household. Mother has been advised to move to disallow more calls to CPS. Mother claims she has not the resources or the money to change residency. Advised removal of children to Supervisor to prevent more CPS involvement.
P.A.S.S.

WorriedGrandma

Postby WorriedGrandma » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:27 am

What kind of an idiot would make all those calls?

Just curious.

When did drinking an alcoholic beverage in front of children become endangering children?

ROAM the house? This constitutes a CPS call or worse... CPS even giving this credibility as abuse or neglect?

Well at least the investigators saw that some...neighbor.. has a bit too much time on their hands and a nosy busybody. Heck, I'd help take up a collection just to help your aunt move.... wow..

When does something like that constitute .. harassment and criminal violation of right to privacy?

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:20 am

If you could read the purpose for removal you'd shake your head. The file actually states that they told my aunt to move from the area because they were "exhausted with unfounded reports of abuse and neglect" and that "caseworkers express frustration with frequent visits" and "removal of children be considered to prevent future CPS involvement."

So it wasn't that she DID anything, it was what she wasn't doing. CPS got tired of coming out there all the time and they knew it was the neighbors. There is even a remark in her file by CPS where they stated that 4 other families in the area had the exact same worded report and they were all called in on the same day.

Knowing this type of thing was going on CPS should have done more to get the caller not take the people' kids who weren't doing anything.
P.A.S.S.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:51 pm

You know what? I got the CPS Worker's words that she told me that by her interpertation of the Law, that she said if a Neighbour makes Calls for the same thing to the same alleged Person, 20 TIMES, then this Neighbour would be faced with the Harrassement Charge and a Charge for filing false report, which is felenious crime.

SO why is the CPS not bring the Charges against this Caller that made so many calls? :shock:

I would suggest that the Aunt and the other 4 Families should file Harrassement Charges against this Caller, if they already know who the Busybody Neighbour. All of them should go to a Police Station and file a Charge against this Neighbour for filing a False Report. Even if all of the Families can bring proof of calls just like you mentioned. Bring them to the Police and insist charges against this Person.

24 CALLS....unbelievable!
I would imagine she is TIRED of them, eh?

CPS worker told me that 20 calls would be enough to bring charges against the same Caller. AND they already knew who this person is and NOT DOING ANYTHING?

But instead told this Aunt to move?
Unbelievable!
Why not tell the Busybody Neighbour to MOVE??
Not bathed, not bathed, not bathed, not bathed....
Sounds like a vindicative Old Neighbour that Hates Kids.......

No wonder! Hope this Neighbour croaks fairly soon then the Calls will surely stop!

Same thing happened to me with the Old Neighbours, busybodies and in their 70's and hates kids....I am just waiting till their time's is up and I will celebrate! Because no more calls!

Why aren't the Law Makers doing anything against Frivilous callers?

angeredmom

Postby angeredmom » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:23 pm

my children were taken away on ONE report of a dirty home... of course it was the police that tore up my house and no worker has EVER had proof that my home was dirty but the police illegally coming into my house searching thro things illegally for 3 hours then after 3 hours taking pictures of the after math of the house AFTER they tore it up was enough... even with the police saying there was no reason for them to enter and even with the police admitting that i said they could not come in and they even admitted that they said that if i didnt let them in they would not let me see my daughter this is all on record in court infront of a judge and i still dont have my kids 18 months later so honustly CPS can do anything they want the one thing i do agree with is dont let them in better yet DONT even open the door that was my mistake i opened the door and the momment i bent over to pick up a broom that fell they decided to let themselves in no warrent... no maranda rights nothing so be careful on what you choose to do when these people come to your door because there i no training they even admitted this in court... when the officer was asked what is your training on finding a parent neglectful the reply was... we are taught to check for running water, electricity, and gas THATS ALL! and im learning more and more because i didnt know my rights at the time that if you dont know them YOU HAVE NONE and they will treat you how they want.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:45 pm

That is true, keep the door closed, lock it if you have to. The CPS loves to use the "door mentality", if it opens, it invites them in like a revolving door. I Kept the door locked, and don't even answer the door, I am just gone in another world (technically speaking) in the bathroom, not having to see them at all, I always keep the Windows closed if I have to, but I don't have to, why let them keep us Prisoners of our Home? The trick is not to have no noise like TV or Music ON, keep it MUTED or OFF. Because they will know you are there, and would ask for a search warrant. Keep the House very clean, and get the hell out, go to a Coffee Shop and wait about four Hours, and they will have broke in but no one's there....House is clean, and Food is full, nothing to claim Neglect or Abuse, as the Children is either with you or at Grandma's. :)

I would always get Notes on my Door, and it was about THREE times they left a note on my door, because I was somewhere else. I guess the other Place I go to is my safe haven. Go to a Library, or Coffee Shop, even go for a Walk, go Swimming, go for Yoga's....go Shopping....they cannot claim Neglect or Abuse because Kids are in School. The bad news, is that the CPS goes to the School to interview the Kids, has become Problematic. That is why I teach my Kids not to speak to CPS workers. The more Older they get, the more intelligent they do get. :wink: One of them already has a Lawyer to back her up. She would demand to call the Lawyer if she is seized. In the Manual, they must allow the Child to call their Lawyer, and that is one of them. I was surprised to see that Clause in the Law and in the Manual, is that the Child has the Right to voice and obtain their Own Lawyer.

Our Child and Family Services ACT, in Canada, It has a clause in there in the Law, that states that the Child has the right to tell CPS to call and to obtain their own Lawyer to represent them. The Problem CPS is doing to Children is to Silent them, shush them up and put them in Foster Care System, and made sure they are not within length of the Telephone. One of the Foster Care Parents, had told me that she was instructed not to allow Children to use the Phone that the Phone was blocked out for dialing the Numbers....even the 911! Can you believe that? Children are Prisoners in that FC System.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:17 am

Speaking of keeping doors closed, we know of at least one case (there's probably more), where a caseworker just walked into an apartment because the door was open. This is the same piece of garbage we quoted on our site as saying "this is Pennsylvania, I don't need a warrant".

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:41 am

FRUSTRATED

CPS are known here to show up driving white Chevrolet Caprice's or white Dodge vans. If anyone sees that type of car pull into their driveway they don't go to the door. CPS will not leave a note on your door telling you that they tried to visit you. They will not leave any indication they were there if you are not home. They don't want to warn you ahead of time so you can prepare your story or clean your house up. They won't give you a head start. Not here! It's nice that in your state you do have that type of warning, though. What they do here is they pull up at your house and if no one is there they leave. They will either come back hours later or early the next morning. If they don't catch you at home they will start going to your neighbors homes and asking them what would be a good time to catch you at home. If your neighbors say you'll be home around 4 pm then CPS will be either waiting in your driveway when you get there or pull up shortly after you get there. You can't hide from them here.
P.A.S.S.

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:34 am

Bob,

Right on.

My second nightmare investigation started when the CPS lady broke into my home. Now when I say broke in, which legally is what it's called, she walked through the front door that was open.

Now, it was open due to bleach fumes. I was bleach mopping my floor while kids were in school and wife was in nursing school. I even had my windows open. But, I was in my bathroom, and didn't hear the lady entering my home.

"Any uninvited intrusion into a private home by any individual or group who does not have a signed warrant by a Judge with Authority can be booked for unlawful breaking an entering." -- Law and Crime, McGraw Hill, 2004 Edition.

In fact, she had to clear her throat after I went into the living room, as I didn't expect anyone there and didn't look down any halls for people.

She was a young, pretty blond. No name tag, standard blouse and tight jeans. At first, I thought she needed some sort of help and I was immediately concerned, young blond women don;t usually enter a stranger's house, but I learned with a few sentences she was a caseworker, even dug out her ID from CPS and flashed it to me, then shoved it back into her pocket.

You see, CPS and local DFC Offices are counties with different view of running a totalitarian regime on controlling families through thier children, even if it means stealing children to make their point.

There are some really bad case workers. There are some fantastic case workers. Unfortunately, there are far mor evil caseworkers than good caseworkers. And even the good caseworkers can twist under the influence of their peers, and eventually slip into the role of what they set out to not become.

Your experience will determine on the psychological makeup of your caseworker, caseworker's supervisor and the psychological effect both have in cooperating with each other. Two out of three I had were fanatics. In my State, to qualify for a Case Worker, you only have to be conviction free.

Yup, that's it. A few years back, they had to fire an overzealous caseworker cause she was yanking kids out of every home she went to, and had been doing it for several years before they decided to watch her. (Ugh, those poor families). She was 17 years old and just got her GED.

Only a little more than half of the States in this Union require a college education for a Social Worker. Only three of those require a degree for Social Studies. The rest of the States only require a High School Diplomoa. And of those states, six require no education at all.

Now you can see why and how this all went to hell in a handbasket, feeding children to the monster of a system that grows fat off of ignorance at the cost of the souls of good, loving families.

The Tech
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:57 pm

All for this Site:

Yup Vans, Fords, Dodge, some pretty nice fancy cars...but mostly Vans. When I see Ford Vans, I immediately knew who it was. It can be also a Dodge Van. Every time they come, I jump up (hated those heart throbbing experience).

Anyhow, when our Family went out for 2 weeks Vacation, she came to my home and left a Card saying to call her immediately. My partner of course refused to call her, knowing what a slinky CPS, and goes on (I am not going to talk to the B****), then I had to call her because knowing I DON'T want her to come to where we vacation. (such an intrustion and interfering to a much needed Vacation that happens once every year for my Family). I called her and told her we are on "vacation", she goes umm we need to talk to your Kids...I told her what for? oh allegations of emotional harm. (good grief a new form of abuse for them to make their new points to the Government to get more Fundings). I told her that the other Case worker never identified who she was and came over without names, and agency name. I knew that she will interfere, so put it quickly get it over with as much as possible, then told her that two of my Kids were not present at that incident at that day, they were absent and that they can talk to my Son with MY Supervision, I can see him outside on the Porch at my home. I would NEVER let her in my house, not after 5 years of enterance, and I might say that is enough to enter a Home after 5 years, when the other charges were dropped, they saw my Home in their own words "this is the best place I have ever seen that is pretty clean". Also the Police admitted that HER HOUSE was a MESS, and said my House was very clean and nice. The Police woman said she did not enough have time to clean her house that her house was a MESS. (ughhh such admission should have CPS at her door!!! BUT NOOOOO She is the POLICE, so such treatment is not necessary to see her HOUSE). Must be nice to be in Power and knowing that the house would NEVER be inspected. Police, Doctors, Rich People, Politicians, etc...etc...their House NEVER WAS VISITED BY CPS. Only poor, uneducated, with no income, or partly income, or whatever, was VISITED BY CPS!! POOR FAMILIES!!! I would say this is discriminatory and Racist. Picking on those who is easy prey and easy target....

THAT GOT TO STOP!!! I demand CPS see this Police woman's house! She ADMITTED TO ME, THAT HER HOUSE WAS A PIGSTY! AND SHE HAS TWO CHILDREN, ONE IS A TEEN, AND ONE YOUNGER KID. Why should a Police woman gets the special treatment?! Grrrrrrr and they look at "Poor Families" that has a dirty home or even a clean home, they will look for something else!

Return to “CPS Investigations”