Another Invasive Movement

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

AllForThisSite

Another Invasive Movement

Postby AllForThisSite » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:21 pm

I received a pamphlet from the school about some dentistry group that is going to start going around state-to-state providing dental services to students at school. It offers to do fillings, cleanings, xrays, oral exams, crowns, pulpotomys, and caps. The groups spend a total of 180 days at the school providing this service that they say is FREE. Well, it's not so free. What happens is, if you have insurance, you can pay for your child to receive dental care through the school just like you would any other private practice only the care is through the school. If you have Medicaid, CHIP, or NCHC, the cost is free because you receive medical aid from the government. If you don't have insurance or Medicaid, they will serve your child based on your income. In order to be eligible for the service you have to provide your child's name, address, dob, ss#, and other personal information and send it back to the school. I kind of think this is invasive. The reason I say that is because CPS is getting stiffer and stricter on parent's that do not have medical and dental insurance. I don't care if the call made on you was that you braided your daughters hair backwards; when CPS comes out and you don't have insurance or Medicaid or some other type of insurance, they will turn the whole case into an issue that you don't have medical and dental insurance.
P.A.S.S.
Parents Against Social Services
http://144418.aceboard.net/

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

tempest

Postby tempest » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:30 pm

I got that form at school and decided to opt out because we have our own dentist.

The teacher told me they want parents to fill these out even if they don't need the services. SAY WHAT?!!!!

AllForThisSite

Postby AllForThisSite » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:11 pm

Yeah my son's teacher said the same thing. They want you to fill it out and check that you are declining the services. I told my husband I was going to throw it away and pretend I lost it. I think if you fill it out and decline it's like saying you have your own way of caring for your child's needs but if your child should ever complain of a toothache or they notice your child has a problem they'll pull that form out and hold it against you that you declined their services and here your child has a dental problem that the school could have taken care of. We have insurance through where I work so I don't have to deal with it, but for those parent's that don't want no part of the program and decline it, should their kids ever have a problem the teacher's will call DSS saying you declined dental care from them and say that apparently you aren't doing anything about it.
P.A.S.S.

Parents Against Social Services

http://144418.aceboard.net/

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:41 am

YUP, my School provides the same thing. I did not fill out "sensitive information" because I have my OWN Dentist for ALL of my Children. They never asked me why I didn't fill out these papers.

Did you know they have Dentist Checkers at the School and check the Kid's teeth RIGHT at the School? They will look for:

decay
cavities
infections

They will mark on the paper and send it HOME and tell you to go to your Dentist.

DID YOU KNOW they check the Kid's teeth to see if there was SEXUAL ABUSE GOING ON? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I read that on the Pamphlet, that they would check the Kid's mouths and teeth for any signs of Sexual abuse like Oral Sex, or whatever, to see if they have gotten Sexual Transmitted Diseases through the mouth. I am NOT Kidding!!! I was shocked that they would even check these on Children. If they see such things at the School, that would send up red flags and call CPS!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I have these Papers send to me Home and I read blah, blah, blah checking for cavities, and they check mark, See your own Dentist. etc...etc... then at the bottom, it also says they also check these out like Sexual abuse on the Mouth. ughhhh

I remember I saw the Boy and he is only 3 yrs old and his teeth was rotted out, it was horrible, it is like he does not have any teeth, it looked like vampire teeth and yellow and tar. I bet the CPS would take that kid away based on that alone. Instanteouly. But fortunately, he stays home since he did not start school yet, perhaps next year or so. But his Sister is already enrolled, and his Mother always visit her Mother EVERY DAY!!! I see her go over to her Mother (Grandmother) and I do not know if she is just trying to avoid CPS at her House which is about 10 minutes away. I mean EVERY DAY< SINGLE DAY she goes over there and CPS Workers would be swarming like Bees around that Apartment Block, and the Neighbours are calling on her. But it cannot be done, I guess because she does not live there. :roll: There were 4 Apartment Units, and ALL OF THEM are CPS Visited already, every week, every month, every year. Even on the new Tenants! CPS Workers are "Famous" getting on our Streets all the time.

Anyways, Dentist Checks are another way for CPS to get the claws on you for Medical Neglect. :roll:

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:53 am

There was a big push a few years ago in NY to get dentists to make more reports of abuse and neglect.

Like the dentists were seeing signs of abuse and not making a report.

Dan

Return to “CPS Investigations”