Need help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Darkangel090260

Need help

Postby Darkangel090260 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:48 pm

My newborn daughter was taken from use at 4 days old. CPS say there is a threat of harm.

My FI ex acused him of sexaly abusing his older son. The cops could not find anything to press charges on but CPS is making him go in for a eval and they are claiming i am mentail unstable because i use to have depression. I made a few jokes in the hospital and the nursi took it the wrong way.

I joke that my daught was a coffee attick because i had coffee throw out my pg. It was the only way to get my 10 count and i said something about how her and her older sister had hair on there back that look like they had tails. I also have to go in for a eval

She is now a week old and we only have had one vist in a weeks time . I need to know what to do to get my little angel back home with use

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:17 pm

Yes, this happens all the time with Parents that have newborns. I have a Neighbour that got her NINE Newborns taken away right at the Hospital because she was mildly retarted and she made a mistake years ago and she was a Foster Child herself, grew up in Foster Care. Go Figure. :roll:

HOW can it be a threat of harm when the new born is only 4 days old! They need the EVIDENCE that you would harm the baby. I hate when they always "classify" a "Risk" in the future that you might harm the baby. How is that proven? You CARRIED the BABY for 9 MONTHS!!!!!!!! You did not harm the baby, right? You went to Doctor for check ups periodically. That is not HARM. That is PRENATAL CARE!!!! They need to gather the Evidence that you do indeed WILL Harm the baby which I think is ridiculous. If the baby was superb, and healthy, you took well good care of it! You need to prove to CPS that you went for PRENATAL CARE with the Doctor Visits all the time, it shows that you do care about your Baby.

I know there are so many NOSY People and People that works at the Hospital are MANDATED REPORTERS, they have to report something that would be out of sorts. They can't take your sense of humor? IT seems that most people that calls in the HOTLINE DON'T have a Sense of humor. I guess she got violated when you commented about the back of her back with hairs. I always commented that with my Brother! He knew I was joking!

Well you have a long road to take, you need the steps exactly to get the baby back:

1. Co-operate and keep the comments to a minimum.

2. Keep Polite and Cordial.

3. Write everything down, and document it, keep your paper work, what she said, exactly word for word. Get a Tape Recorder.

4. You have to show up for 72 hours Hearing about Placement, or whatever.

5. Once you have the Hearing, prepare Declaration of Facts, write it down, everything what was said on that day, what happened, when they took your baby, and where, and what happened at the Hosptial and what happend to your Ex and what he said, etc...I mean everything. Hand it in at the Court Hearing BEFORE it starts. Give to your Lawyer, the CPS Attorney, the Judge, Court Clerk. Keep doing it on the next Court Hearings. Keep it to exactly all your TRUTH and FACTS. DAzzemay has the Form some where here for you to fill out the Declaration of Facts.

6. You need to ask CPS Worker for a Renuification Plan, to get the baby back. It would involve 6 Months of Safety Plan. It will require you to take mental eval, other Counselling Services, they will add "Services" just to get Fundings, remember that. But unless it is court ordered, you MUST complete ALL OF THEM to get your Baby back on time. Don't be late, don't miss the dates, and SHOW UP>.

7. CPS are known to be very secretive, and delay, delay, etc...call the CPS Worker to make sure they keep an Appointment for you and if they postpone, make sure you have that in writing, because they can use that against you in Court telling the Judge that you "missed" the Eval, just to make you look bad.

8. GET your OWN Eval. because it can go against the CPS Doctor, and would protect you. If you have Medicaid, GET ONE before you go to THEIR EVal. Keep the COPY of it, in your Files, and Don't give the Eval to them, give it to your Lawyer for your own Protection. Because they are known to play around with your OWN Doctor Report. They don't really follow it, but a JUDGE Will!! Make sure the Doctor is not CPS sponsored, or CPS, make sure it is WELL KNOWN Doctor that does alot of other Cases for PRIVATE Citizens, NOT for CPS.

9. Don't blab the CPS Worker that you had "medications" problem in the past, depression, and so forth. I have seen so many Parents that got burned by these comments. The CPS Worker might ask you to sign a Medical Release to review ALL OF your Medical Records. Do not sign that one. They can use that against you for a long time coming.

10. Make sure you document everything, keep all of their Letters in your Files, and Write the Letter to CPS to confirm what the allegations are in the first place, because they are KNOWN to change Allegations later on. Have the copy of the Letter send to the CPS Worker and see if she confirms it, and have it return receipt and confirms this is what she said on that day. The Conversations, must be confirmed by the CPS, and that letter if she does not confirm it, it would be automatically deemed true and will be entered in Court as Evidence. Keep ALL of the Copies. Do not answer too much of their Questions, and don't blab that you were a Foster Child, or was "Abused" in the past, or whatever, that you used to be on medications for Depression, etc...etc...it is none of their business. They can check it out for THEMSELVES. Remember everything is ALL HEARSAY, NOT EVIDENCE.

Just don't panic, and don't cry too much, I know it is normal for a Parent to cry, but CPS might think you are mentally unstable because of that, don't get mad, and get upset. Just be patient, and nod your head, yup, yup, yup, whatever you say. I will do it and finish Counselling, and stuff, it is only to get your Baby Back in your Arms. It is what it counts.

I do feel for you, it is so sad, for this to happen to Parents like you. CPS Workers are like that, just plain Sadistic People I have ever come across in my whole life. Sad but true.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:12 pm

I agree with the last post, but also, whatever you do make sure you record any and all conversations with cps workers or anyone dealing with the case. Like the last post stated, they have to prove it and it must be bad when nurses who are trained in the feild of working with people will twist and turn your words around to use them against you,, I myself as a nurse said I would not even turn in a mom who was on drugs if she would get help, I was told I was wrong but people look to nurses almost like a priest or preacher,, someone they can talk to and seek help from without judgement and with kindness. God bless you and we will pray for your baby's return.

Darkangel090260

Need help

Postby Darkangel090260 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:08 am

i was at the doctor every vist and i was see at least 3 doctors throw out my pg.

Darkangel090260

need help

Postby Darkangel090260 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:03 pm

got to see my baby to day and i am not happy she was drity. It look like they have not given her a bath in days!! Her hair was oil and drity there were bug bites on her faces and she haid old milk and stuff in her little rolls arround her neck and last her privets were bright red

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:59 pm

If the Baby was dirty, awful looking, not properly taken care of, you should call the Supervisor to why the Baby was not being properly looked after. I would take a picture of the Baby and show the Supervisor in HER OFFICE. Set up a meeting, and show her the Picture to WHY your baby was not properly looked after. Make sure the Picture has a date and time on it, stamped.

Foster Care System don't really take care of Children properly. and that is a fact they cannot deny.

Return to “CPS Investigations”