What is help?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

AllForThisSite

What is help?

Postby AllForThisSite » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:30 am

SCENARIO

CPS: "We're here to help your family."

FAMILY: "We don't need your help; we're fine."

CPS: "Apparently you do because we have a report saying your family is in need of our services."

FAMILY: "Thanks, but no thanks."

CPS: "How can you not want help?"

FAMILY: "Because we don't need help."

CPS: "How do you know you don't need it?"

FAMILY: "I think I'm smart enough to know if I need help or not."

CPS: "So you are refusing to cooperate" (record scratch and eyes go bugged!)

When they ask you, "Are you refusing to cooperate?" that question does not come into the conversation if you are being "OFFERED" help. That question comes in when they demand and you refuse and they demand and you refuse and then they throw the "refusing to cooperate" mess into the picture to make you feel like it's "MANDATORY" or to intimidate you. First of all, help is something offered and offered means that you are given a choice to take it or leave it. Help is something you ask for, not something you feel forced to accept. If a CW says she is there to help or provide help it should not be the kind of help that comes with terms and conditions; it should be help that you want and need. You have a right to refuse HELP. If you are making potato salad and someone says to you, "You look like you could use a little help," and you decline by saying, "No thanks. I've got it." and that person says to you, "Either move and let me do it or I'll dump the entire bowl in the floor," that doesn't sound like help does it? You'd move and let them in the spot to keep from cleaning up a mess. That's intimidation and fear. No one is supposed to make you afraid if you refuse something offered. It's NOT offered by CPS it's demanded and expected and anytime you wave the black flag they wave the red one. If you refuse their help and they come at you with "have to's" and "must do's" make him or her write it on paper for YOU or you write it and have him or her sign that that was exactly what was stated. If they refuse to write it or sign it tell them that you refuse to do anything asked of you unless a judge signs off that you MUST do it and what laws you are in violation of if you fail to do so. But CPS does not legally HELP anybody and people get the wrong idea that they HELP. If they truly helped anybody, this site and many others like it would NOT exist.
P.A.S.S.
Parents Against Social Services
http://144418.aceboard.net/

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:18 am

To CPS CW,

Please put whatever information you have for us in writing so we can discuss it with our attny.

Best, Dan

BTW how can CPS determine a family needs services till after they conclude their investigation?

The report could be completely false.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:56 am

They tried to do the same thing with my family, Dan. Made up a case plan without having the evals of all the family, a deprivation ruling, or a meeting with my husband and I to discuss things.

We'd been seeking help for my son for over two years just fine without their little minions, I'd gotten my bi-polar under control, and things were just fine until CPS butted in.

Bastages. All of them. Sometimes I think it would be so fulfilling to be the dungeon master/mistress so I could give out punishments. "What? You didn't bother to get collateral contacts? Probation for a month, and one more mistake and you're outta here. Either that or I feed you to the three-headed dog."

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:22 pm

I have heard this Statement before, and I was rather forced into it. They did not even speak to my hubby during the Investigation because my hubby refused to talk to them. Yet there is a Service Plan introduced with almost NO evidence at all.

Now what do you suppose why is that>? :shock:

Return to “CPS Investigations”