ok here is a question I hope someone has the answers to!!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

ok here is a question I hope someone has the answers to!!!

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:50 pm

Just out of Curiosity. I wanted to know if there is anyone here that would know what the process is to get a jurisdiction change? I am continously told from the courts I normally go to that they dont know yet they are court clerks and I am sure that they know the answer to that. Someone please help me...Honestly dont care if it is a social worker...just need a fair shake in this and I am not getting it and know I am not going to get it til I move this to a different city. SOMEONE HELP please!!!!
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

ejaffe

Postby ejaffe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:07 pm

I don't know if any of this would work but here are a few ideas.
Most states follow your states civil code of procedures your state has them here http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... TOC0800100

You may also find something in here http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... 0000000000

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:10 pm

thanks I really appreciate it I will look into that in a little while...it just gets old you know to constantly have someone telling you that they dont know how you would go about doing it yet they work in the courts...makes no sense at all...it is all good though..hopefully one of these days I will find the means to fight back!!! Thanks though...appreciate it!!!
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:09 pm

Usually when you move to a different county the case moves with you to the new CPS.

And they don't always look at the case the same way the first CPS did.

You may luck out.

Best, Dan

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:28 pm

well that case is over...i just want to seek justice and as long as I am going through the same courts I will have none of that!!!

(that is my quote)

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:36 pm

The Lawyer that I heard before, advised that Moving to another County would be good idea, and the case do indeed move along with you. Just a new CPS Worker, and a new perspective is sometimes better for the Family involved. I have a Friend that moved away and it had gotten better for the Family and the case followed with her and now the CPS Worker is closing the case and it is over.

If you are going to Move, but wanting to keep the Case within the Jurisdiction, all you have to do is to file the Court in the same Court that the previous Case was in before. You can come in the Court in the same jurisdiction and file the case from there. They wouldn't care if you live 100 miles away, but you can still file the Case in this Court, and the Case will be heard regardless as long it stays in the jurisdiction. If you are planning to sue the CPS Agency, you can file in the same Court and still move away but come back and file in the same Court, same jurisdiction, etc...it will work regardless if you live 100 miles away. Civil Courts can work in the same jurisdiction and same Court, as long the CPS Agency stays in the same jurisdiction. Civil Courts don't really care about where you Live. I wouldn't think so. But Criminal Courts, it is different, I would think you would have to stay in the same address where you are under the recognizance of Surety. Family Courts acts the same way, you must stay in the same jursidiction where the Children were, and Custody Hearings works the same way, has to be the same Jurisdiction where the Children resides. Civil Courts don't. It is confusing to me sometimes because I spend almost 20 years in the Court System and have seen it all.

Michael

Court of Original Jurisdiction

Postby Michael » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Once there is a cout case that court becomes the Court of Original Jurisdiction. All cases stay i that court unless the judge releases the case to a another court. Some judges are quick to release but some refuse to do so.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:03 am

Actually, Pebbles, if the case is closed and you want to seek justice you do not have to move nor does the former Judge have automatic juridiction. In fact they will have no juridiction

You would either be appealing their decision to an Appellate Court or you would be filing a lawsuit against whomever you think did you wrong. If you choose to file the lawsuit the best results have absolutely been in the Federal Courts.

Return to “CPS Investigations”