The CPS lady

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

grandmatotwingles

The CPS lady

Postby grandmatotwingles » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:15 pm

seems to have a new threat everyday. Now she is telling my daughter that if she (the CPS lady) doens't get permission to speak to my grandsons therapist she will remove him from the home.

She told my daughter it is illegal to tape any conversations between her and my daughter.

It seems like everyday this lady is threatening my daughter. She (the CPS lady) told my daughter that she (the CPS lady) does not have to be so nice and she can remove my grandson anytime she wants.

I don't understand what's going on, why all the threats? The boy is 4 has ADHD and some kind of personality disorder. He just spent 4 days in a psy-hospital, he's on meds. He's still a head banger, temper tamtrum thower etc. The meds are working great but when they wear off he has some super crashes... Bad.

My daugher is scared to death, and stressed to the max.

Why all the threats? Anyone have any idea?

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:43 pm

Your daughter might want to discuss with her son the possiblity he's bi-polar. What you just described is exactly what my son did at that age. Children with bi-polar disorder tend to be diagnosed incorrectly with ADHD, and if they take the drugs that help ADHD, it'll make things worse. If he's been on Zoloft, you'll know what I mean.

Now, it's hard to diagnose in kids that young, but I'm bi-polar as is most of the female side of my maternal relatives. It can be inherited, but not always. Our psychologist, dealing with children just like my son and your grandson, said kids may show signs as early as 4, but are sometimes not diagnosed until adulthood. I wasn't until I was 35.

As far as the CPS person, well, they tend to make empty threats when they have nothing else. Do you all have a lawyer? Do you have your state's manual? Do you know the site to look up your state's codes?

To fight these idiots, a person needs to be smarter than they are and always one step ahead. I don't know the story as to why CPS is in your life, but whatever it is, research it to death. The blank looks when you know their policy, your state's laws, and the true medical reasons for something is just priceless.

Hope that helped a little. There will be tons more guidance from others more experienced. :) Good luck.

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:29 pm

The whole story is my grandson had a bruise on his ear and the school called CPS. They made my daughter take Jason to the doctors and have a full exam which showed no bruised anywhere except on his ear. (and of course on his shins, what boys don't have those?)

The CPS lady wasnt satified with that and is putting my daughter threw hell. Now mind you the boy needs some of the stuff they are having my daughter do, like seeing a therapist and her learning to deal with this kind of a child.

The CPS lady thinks someone grabbed Jason by the ear and pulled it and that he did not hit his ear on the baby gate like "he" says he did.

Truthfully I don't know what happened and neither does my daughter he was with a sitter at the time my daughter was at work. (the sitter happens to be my daughters BF) The CPS lady thinks the boy friend did it.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Jason saw his pdoc tonight and guess what..... he has been diagnosed with bi-polar. I don't know if it's ADHD and bi-polar or not. I know stimulants are not good for a bi-polar person and he has been on ritalin, concerta and now adderall.

My biggest probem here is the threats this woman is using on my daughter. My daughter is so scared that if Jason gets another bruise they will take him away. The boy is wild, he likes to jump rum play hockey and all that typical boy stuff. My daughter and myself are scared to let the boy play, ya know?

No we don't have a lawyer, can't really afford one.
Do you have your state's manual?
No I don't have that either
Do you know the site to look up your state's codes
... I think I did find that here on this site and looked it over, but I don't understand it.

I read where you can tape record conversations as long as both parties know they are being recorded. The CPS lady would not let my daughter record anything. My daughter told her she would no longer speak to her unless I was there. The CPS lady didn't like that at all.

I don't know what our rights are. I don't know how to help my daughter with this and I don't know how to protect my grandson. I don't know what threats are real, what the CPS lady can really do..... and most of all I don't like the stress of what all this is doing to Jason, his brothers, his mom and his (he calls daughters BF ..Dad)

I did talk to Jasons teachers today (he's in what they call a SEED program here ) and they felt Jason being removed from that program would be very harmfull to him. The CPS lady want's my daughter to find another program for him. The SEED program is like head start but for kids who need extra help and really don't qualify for head start.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:16 pm

The CPS Manual should be under Michigan, or other Boards, has Manuals for the States. It was posted by Dan Sullivan. The Manual are the one you really NEED to read to make sure the CPS Worker is following the rules, procedures, and policies. They follow Rules, but they are NOT THE LAW. They are supposed to follow rules, and they break them on a daily basis. You need the Manual as its weapon and show her that she broke this and that....declare number and code and title and what it says.

As if I remember correctly, you and your Daughter recently signed a Custody Paper or something with CPS? you crossed out Custody, but you are to have Medical Rights to your Grandson to ensure you take him to Doctors, etc...etc yadda, yadda....I think that is why the CPS Worker is threating you based on THIS. You just signed and waived your rights over to them. So hence they came with threats. This Paper what you signed with your Daughter with CPS, do you have the copy? I would suggest you to read it over and the fine prints. In there will disclose how much power the CPS will have in the intervention of your Child. They just have State and Legal Custody of your Child if you signed this Paper. You just have the Medical Custody of your Grandson, because you (crossed out) the Custody so that means they have the Custody of your Grandson, not in a physical sense, but they will if they have to. This is what CPS Worker is threating your Daughter for, because of this paper. I would think, but maybe I could be wrong. Please tell me if I was wrong but I would think this is the one that caused them to come with new threats. They knew they had nothing, but until you signed the paper, they regained control of your Grandson. You can give permission as long you are present through the window, or something, because if you refuse it, then they will think you have something to hide.

Gosh, you are in hell with them. It is awful and hard to get out indeed. I think you and your Daughter might be looking at Years of CPS Intervention. It could take 10 yrs. It took me 5 years so far, because my Son supposedly have ADHD< but he has O.D.D. but same thing. They LOVE to get ADHD, ADD< ODD< Bipolar and other disorders Children, because the children with disorders COSTS more money to them! More services, more foster care money, more counselling, more therapies, more doctor diagnoses, etc...etc...blah, blah....but pointless, because your Grandson is ALREADY Diagnosed! He is ALREADY have Therapy, why the hell CPS in for? You GOT everything covered. I would use this Doctor report to go against CPS, but DO NOT give the Doctor Report to the CPS, because they will play fire with it. I regretted giving the Doctor report to them, because they twisted and changed with my Doctor report and not following it through completely. They WENT AROUND it!!! It is like "he does not have bipolar at all". That is what they are trying to say. But they are lying to you, yes he does indeed has the disorder, but they are "playing" you, so they can get their claws on this child because the fundings would flow smoothly for them. :roll:

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:20 pm

The biggest thing you have going against you right now is your own fear and lack of knowledge.

Remember if they truly had something they would have taken him already. They threaten you to keep you in bondage to fear.

Do you still have Jason in your home? Do you still have power of attorney and what does the power of attorney cover for you to do with Jason?

Here is a link to grandparents rights?

This links shows the law for grandparents concerning their rights over foster care. it is in the News section and you have to scroll down a ways to see the law. It is rather long law.

http://www.grandparentsforchildren.org/

I looked to see if your state had an advocate for grandparents, but it did not. Indiana, Ohio and Illinois have an advocate. I would contact them.

You will find them on this site under the word "contact" on the left side bar. Scroll down and you will see a map and click on these states to email their reps.

I know that your daughter works and this makes it more difficult to stay on top of these issues with them. It will be up to you to fight for her. And yet she must find the time to understand their manual and quote it back to them.

Personally I wish you had someone right there to help you walk through this and to help you understand what the manual is saying.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:23 pm

Also, I would suggest you to contact AFRA, American FAmily Rights Association in Michigan or United States. They will help you walk through this pits of hell. They are GREAT help, and they will be the best adovcate for you.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:47 pm

a child at the age of 4 would not understand "bi-polar" or most other medical diagnoses, speak to your doctor about other test that could be done for a proper diagnoses, and don't let the cps lady back you into a corner, do as dazeemay said and get a copy of your states law and show her you know your rights, that best way to beat them is to throw their own rules up in their face, God bless.

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:03 pm

The paper we signed is only POA for medical things. I can talke him to the doctors and any decissions on his medical care. I do not have custody nor do I want it. (I'd take it to keep him from foster care if it came down to that though) My daughter has custody, Jason was sleeping here at night because she worked the midnight shift. She got on days last Monday so Jason is back sleeping at home. They did not want Jason left with her BF alone that's why he was sleeping here.

After I got the POA I called Jasons pediatrition and asked for a referal to a p-doc. They gave me my Jasons insurance companies phone number and I called and got him an appt with someone that his insurance covers. CPS wants Jason to be seen by one of their doctors too. Jason spent 4 days in psy-hospital for an evaluation by the therapist request. Tonight my daughter found out that he has been diagnosed with bi-polar.

You are so right about the fear issue.

I can't get that manual to show up in my arobat reader, it keeps telling there is an error. I'm going to have to see if I can get it on another computor..... darn it all!

This Paper what you signed with your Daughter with CPS, do you have the copy? I would suggest you to read it over and the fine prints

There is no fine print it's a short paper that states I have POA over his medical issues. From my understanding it's the same thing you would give to a loved one if you were ill and couldn't make decissions on your own, or you would get for a sick elderly relative. Thats just my understand though. I didn't think we gave them custody of anything at all... oh geeeeez!

Personally I wish you had someone right there to help you walk through this and to help you understand what the manual is saying.

yeah me too, because I don't understand all the legal mumbo jumbo at all. My daughter is so upset..... I have to show her the post about not crying or showing emotions. She cries constanty now.... and yeah they're using that against her, they want her on anti-depressants.

I really appreciate you just talking to me. I wish my daughter had a computer at her house so she could talk to you all too. I am printing this stuff and I will give it to her.

One more question..... can they just decide to show up and take Jason if this CPS lady just decides to use her power? (I really think she's on some kind of a power trip) And what about the twins.... can they take them too even though nothing has been filed on them? They are regular ol normal 2 yr olds, nothing like the big brother.

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:13 pm

Oh and I have Jason all day while his mom works. I take him to school and pick him up too (he goes 2 hours a day) The twins go to day care.. with a really great day care lady :wink: She won't however watch Jason anymore. She can't handle him and he hurts the other children.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:34 pm

One more question..... can they just decide to show up and take Jason if this CPS lady just decides to use her power?

Yes, she can take all of them.

You need to try this. I don't know about the medical part, but you can do a guardianship or power of attorney as some call it, if they decide to come for the children. This way the children can be in your care. The only way they could take the children from you would be with a court order. So far they have not done this, but again this is something new we are trying and so far it has worked.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1103

Children regardless of being involved with cps should have guardianship over them in case something should happen to the parent/s. It is just like having life insurance, or medical insurance. It just should be done.

If they decide to come for the children your daughter can show them this paper and take the children to you. You in turn must show them this law and they have to abide by that law. You have first rights over the children.

Your twins are prime targets for cps and so is Jason.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:03 am

RKeyser wrote:a child at the age of 4 would not understand "bi-polar" or most other medical diagnoses, speak to your doctor about other test that could be done for a proper diagnoses, and don't let the cps lady back you into a corner, do as dazeemay said and get a copy of your states law and show her you know your rights, that best way to beat them is to throw their own rules up in their face, God bless.

I meant doctor, obviously.

A child with bi-polar disorder can be treated without drugs, depending on how severe the case is. It's thought my son, who was also diagnosed with ADHD, is-bolar and we use behavioral methods. Obviously not for every case, but it did wonders for him. There's a really good book we used, and it took about a year for all of us to learn how to deal with his problems, but it's really helped. If you have any questions about bi-polar disorder in children/adults, medications, and non-medicated behavioral methods, feel free to ask me. I'm not a doctor, but I do live it every day.

I probably just missed it, but why is CPS in your family's business? Is it only the son CPS has problems with or all the children? What's the charge/accusation?

I just got my son home two weeks ago. We were reported by a hack counselor who believed that my son's behavior problems and potty accidents were caused by sexual abuse. Like you, we had a paper trail on how badly we tried to get help, and if your case is anything like mine, that will help. A judge can't ignore years of seeking help from professionals obviously smarter and more credible than a counselor.

Anyway, let me know if I can help with anything more. I wouldn't mind helping you wade through the manuals and statutes, I just need details that might be a bit too personal and I don't want to pry.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:21 am

Frustrated wrote:The CPS Manual should be under Michigan, or other Boards, has Manuals for the States. It was posted by Dan Sullivan.

http://fightcps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1422

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:49 am

I probably just missed it, but why is CPS in your family's business? Is it only the son CPS has problems with or all the children? What's the charge/accusation?

The school called due to bruise on Jasons ear. They aren't interested in the twins at all. However the guy from Families first who is doing the inhouse 28 day study (yep he's there every night for 4 hours) says the twins are showing signs of picking up Jasons behaviour problems. He's right kids do indeed imitate bad behavior they see from other kids. The twins will stop when told, Jason won't he throws huge fits and throw himself all around the room.

There is no charge as of yet, but the accusation is abuse due to the bruise. They don't believe Jason hit his ear on the baby gate like "he" says.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:29 am

If the CPS lady says that taping her conversations is illegal, ask her to cite the law. She can't, it is not illegal IN ANY STATE as long as both parties are aware of it (they don't have to consent to it). A formal complaint on this point should be lodged with the investigator's supervisor. Dazeemay has already put up information on recording laws that will apply to your state elsewhere on the site. I suggest you give it a look see, if you haven't already.

I find it interesting that, when reporting abuse, social workers will swear that children "seldom lie", yet when they deny abuse, the same social workers will swear that "children will cover for their parents". A double standard, if ever there was one.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:07 pm

http://fightcps.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=76

If the CPS lady says that taping her conversations is illegal, ask her to cite the law. She can't, it is not illegal IN ANY STATE as long as both parties are aware of it (they don't have to consent to it).

It's important to understand the difference between what has become known as one party consent and two party or all party consent. One party consent simply means that one party to the conversation must have knowledge and give consent to the recording. Two party or all party consent means that every party to the conversation must have knowledge and give consent to the recording.
There are twelve states that require all party consent. They are:

California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:20 pm

CPS will probably go easier, much easier on your daughter, if she gets rid of her boyfriend completely, or at least convinces CPS that she has broken off every aspect of her relationship with him.

I think you'll find that if she does this, or convinces them that she has, they will feel that the problem is solved. In the meantime, tell your daughter to do all that they say, and take all services recommended.

Once in CPS's sights, you're best bet is to submit to them, obey, and bide your time until you are left alone.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:13 pm

In the meantime, tell your daughter to do all that they say, and take all services recommended.

Once in CPS's sights, you're best bet is to submit to them, obey, and bide your time until you are left alone.

The CPS goon "Michael" on this board would agree!

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Thank you all. My daughter is doing everything they are telling her to do. She agrees her 4yr old needs help. She's had him to the pediatrition many times because of his self abuse and what he does to his brothers. He kicks, chokes, hits, you name it. Yesterday he threw a book at my 13 yr old and it left a bruise and a scratch on his face. The boy really has some major problems, he does need help.

She won't get rid of the BF, he's been there for 2 years and he really is a great help with the kids. He's been there since the twins were about 3 months old, they have a very good bond.

My daughter told me today the CPS lady talked to the kids bio-dad (he's the father of all 3 children and him and my daugher are still legally married but not living together) The CPS lady told the bio-dad that she feels J did infact hurt himself on the baby gate. Now why doens't she tell my daughter that?

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:54 pm

grandmatotwingles, the case against your daughter appears on the surface to be a neglectful supervision case. They might believe your daughter has neglected her child. Keep in mind that CPS does not have to tell you the truth, your daughter the truth, or your daughter's ex-husband the truth. They only have to be concerned about the "best interest of the child." Therefore, they are permitted to decieve and lie if it is in the best interest of the child.

It appears to me that your daughter is cooperating with CPS, and that they have are are devising a service plan. If they do not move against the boyfriend, then they cannot substantiate their suspicion that he harmed your granddaughter.

Encourage your daughter to jump through their hoops, while you read history books about how our ancestors who pioneered this country, and even the native Americans who were here before most of us, lived free to raise their children as they saw fit, except where obvious instances of child abuse occurred.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:55 pm

Why the CPS Worker did not tell the daughter that because I think it is because the CPS does not want the Husband to make a move to take custody of all 3 children. So thus, she told him that the son hurted himself on the baby gate so he can "back off" while the CPS Workers can scheme and plan to take the Children into State Custody (into Government Foster Care where the money costs the most) whereas the husband takes custody, it costs CPS NONE! It is all about the money numbers to CPS. that is why she tells the husband, your son hurted himself, so he said "oh", okay, fine case closed to his assumption. So he won't do anything to gain custody from CPS.

CPS Worker does not tell the Daughter because they are up to something, they are planning to do something about gaining the custody of your Grandson, not just your Grandson, but all of them.

You need to do the Guardianship fast to protect the 2 yrs old twins. They do in fact take away ALL OF them. You need to gain guardianship over the twins, so if they were to move on your twins, you show them the Custody papers and tell them "no way!"

Just keep in mind, that CPS are known to take many, many, many Children that has ADHD< ADD<
ODD< Bipolar, etc...etc...because it makes good money for them, and makes good money for Foster Care, but Foster Care System do in fact abuses them, and does not help them. They don't get all the Help they desperately need. Best bet, is to go to his Doctor and ask what he recommends. Pills, counselling, therapy, and do it on YOUR OWN. Don't do CPS Service Plan, and do their CPS Counselling, because they know what goes on behind closed doors with your Grandson. With a Private Counselling, you can do all the medical needs for your Grandson, and CPS cannot take him away for that because you and your DAughter ARE DOING SOMETHING to HELP this Child that has Bipolar. It is better doing something than nothing at all, and this is what CPS looks at.

That is why I have my own Doctors to make its own conclusions, and the CPS are having a hard time with that and to try to include Service Plan into it, makes it more difficult for them. Because they are ordered to HELP and PAY for ALL Therapy for my Son, no matter what. That is what peeved them, I would think.

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:49 pm

Hi, I thought I'd stop in and give an update on my grandsons.
Things are still tough CPS is still very strongly invovled in my daughters life. However, my grandson is getting tons of help that he really needed. He's doing better with the temper and the self harm. He still has problems and is now on 3 meds :cry:

My daughter has done parenting classes which really did help her deal with 3 boys under 4 yrs old. It's pretty hecktic when you think they have 6 hands to her 2. One thing she learned is to have the boys hug each other when ever they start to fight over toys. It's working really well. Plus a timer set for "my turn time".

She did get laid off from her job. Fortunatly they didn't fire her. All the time off she had to take with doctor appt, CPS appts ect ... (of course they were all durring her work hours)... the company felt they had to let her go. It's pretty sad because now she has no health insurance and only unemployment for pay.

I'm still concerned that they are looking to take kids... my grandsons teacher told my daughter she needs to get my grandson out of that school district. CPS has my grandson on close watch threw the school. The teacher told my daughter they are to report anything even a runny nose to the CPS worker. The teacher also told my daughter it wouldn't be in the younger boys best interest to start going to that school either because they will also be on the "watch" list.

One of the younger boys got a black eye last weekend at his dads house. 5 kids running around one bumped into my grandson (one of the 2 yr olds) and left a bump on his cheek bone, turned into a black eye. I just happened to take the kids to his house and I picked them up.... I understand things like that with boys happen exspecially when there are 5 kids in a small trailer home. CPS doesn't understand that though.

I'm still scared about one of the boys getting hurt here. They climb, ride bikes, play hockey... yep all the boy stuff. One bruise could be a big issue. Geeeesh don't they understand boy are rough? My daughter doesn't let them play like kids should. To much fear of a boo-boo. They play here, they have fun and if they get a bump or scrape.. well boys do that! What a hard situation to be in.

The Detroit news had an article March 21st on how much money the state makes off kids in foster care. And how much money adopting parents get for adopting a kid out of foster care. WOW... unbelievable. One family made over $100,000.00 a year in kids they adopted...... when I think of how darn cute the twins are, and smart to boot... it scares the crap out of me that they could get taken for money. And the older grandson, well with ADHD and possible bi-polar which they call a personality disorder, someone could make some big money having him.... so scary!

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))) to you all and remember you and all your children are in my prayers.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Did you do a guardianship for the grandchildren.

Does cps have legal custody and your daughter physical custody?

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:32 am

Just so you know, it's thought that children with ADHD are actually bipolar, but it's next to impossible to diagnose in a child. They claim bipolar can be diagnosed around age 9, but others think it's best to wait until the teenage years and puberty, as hormones actually have helped bipolar.

Bipolar disorder is NOT a personality disorder. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain. It has nothing to do with personality.

Are they suggesting he also has borderline personality disorder? If so, that is a whole different animal and not related to bipolar. It can mimic it a bit, but it would be during a manic moment in bipolar (the overreaction to stress part).

So, quite honestly all three of these disorders are so closely related I would think it hard to make such a final diagnoses. Have you gotten second opinions? Have you been to a private doctor or just CPS minions? If you haven't had a 2nd at a private, I highly suggest you do so. I hate giving kids such strong meds when they're young, but if it's absolutely the last resort, then we do what we must. I finally had to give in and medicate my 7yo. He has ADHD, takes rispedal, and it's like a different kid.

Oh, if he's still having issues with his ADHD/pseudo-bipolar, have them try a non-stimulant drug. My son can't take those and he's done so great on the non-stimulant drugs.

Just so you know I'm not talking out my butt, but I lived with what I thought was depression for about 15 years. There was some major behavior issues that some might have considered that of a 'sinner.' After a last bad, horrible bout of depression when my son was about a year old, I finally went for help. It took over a year to be diagnosed properly, then another three years to get my meds right, and I've been stable for about two years. My dealings with CPS have sorely tested me, but with love, therapy, and my meds, I've done ok.

So I've lived this. It takes time to make a proper diagnoses and to find the right meds, and I just suggest you get a 2nd from a non-CPS doc. If his meds aren't just right, it could make him worse, and he probably doesn't have all three 'disorders' either. Just remember, bipolar is NOT a personality disorder. That doc or whatever needs to be smacked with his DSM-IV.

And if you've read this far, I can totally relate with being afraid of the kids getting hurt. Every bruise or scratch on my son freaks me out for days. How sad this is that we have to live every day in constant fear? <hugs> to you and yours. Borrow my mantra: This, too, shall pass. :)

Zookie

Personality Disorders

Postby Zookie » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:48 am

Four-year-olds do not have personality disorders and are not really old enough for a diagnosis of ADHD or bipolar disorder. The kinds of behaviors you are describing are common with inadequate parenting, not necessarily abuse, but inadequate just the same. I would suggest your daughter atake some parenting classes and engage in therapy for herself to help deal with all of the stress of dealing with a difficult child and CPS.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Yes, I agree with that statement above.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”