They didn't show for home visit today. . . .what now

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jenbat1979

They didn't show for home visit today. . . .what now

Postby jenbat1979 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:11 pm

CYS sent me a letter dated January 3rd stating they were coming to my home today at 1:30pm (eastern time)-- they never showed, should I be worried or relieved? I sent them an appeals letter, they received it last Tuesady- I have not heard anything since. They have been known to say that people aren't home etc -- and not go to the house, what should I do? I had no intentions of letting them in my house, but I did have all the blinds open and curtains open so they could see in.

Should I send them a letter stating that they never called or showed so I'm assuming the case is closed and get it certified?

I'm very confused.

Thanks,
Jen

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:21 pm

They are Known to do that, they always give People the run around. Heck, they did not even show up at my House either for my Service Plan (they were supposed to show up for monthly visits). I knew they were stalling for time so they can get it "extended".

Don't let it happen, make sure you leave a paper trail to show to the Judge (just in case).

Yes write a letter and have it certified and return receipt.

Just to protect yourself, and be on the safe side...

I am leaving emails in and copied it with their response. Same thing, leaves a paper trail.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:27 pm

They don't care whether they keep their appt. or not.

Your appeals letter might have made them think twice. Who knows for sure?

I am sure they will be back w/o making an appt. Many times they just drop by. If you are not home they leave a note that can blow into a neighbors yard for the neighbor to get the latest scoop on you.

Personally I would send them a letter stating you are assuming that your case is closed being as they did not show for the appointed time. Ask them for the papers stating this.

BTW And thank them for their time and consideration pertaining to your case Just being a little facetious here.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

jenbat1979

Postby jenbat1979 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:33 pm

I am working on a letters, it appears that it will be very short. I plan on getting it out in the mail before 9am. . .Certified and return receipt. . . .any other information would be great. .

Thank you,

Jen Batres

MoodyCat

Postby MoodyCat » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:01 pm

Definately send a letter. Perhaps something like "I received a letter on ------- stating that there would be a visit on Jan 17, 2006 at ---------. I was home and awaiting the workers arrival however no one visited, called or sent mail that the visit had been cancelled. I made sure I was home for (X # of hours) in case the worker was running late."

I agree that you should thank them for their time, and make sure the letter(s) go out tomorrow.

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:32 pm

Send the letter certified. Also send them an email containing the text of your letter and cc: a copy to yourself. Email correspondence contains a date stamp and the headers will prove to a judge that CPS actually recieved your correspondence, which you can use to show a judge that they recieved your email. CPS can claim they never got your letter if you send it first class.

No need to thank them for their time, either. They don't care about you. Why should you care about them.

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:03 am

This reminds me of last January when the judge had ORDERED the GAL to visit with my husband and I in order to place the grandkids here.

She never called nor would return my calls.

Finally I got through to her in February and we set up a time for her to come to our house.

She never showed so I called her. This was her response: "Sorry, I forgot, I was celebrating a client giving up her rights voluntarily".

Now is that how a GAL is supposed to act??????

Of course I sent letters to everyone from her boss to the state to the Feds (certified and registered) and look where I am?

A year later and they are fighting me all the more.

She recommended the kids be put up for adoption with strangers!!!!!!

I have asked for her to be removed and yet now with the newborn child guess who is the GAL?????

It is frustrating to say the least!
Broken hearted Grandma needs help

Dan Sullivan

Re: They didn't show for home visit today. . . .what now

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:14 am

jenbat1979 wrote: I'm very confused.

Thanks,
Jen

CPS doesn't care if they missed the appntmnt.

Better to keep you upset.

Send them a letter return receipt documenting the fact that the missed app was their fault.

They will eventually get to you.

Best, Dan

Return to “CPS Investigations”