Question For The Goons

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

DontBiteMyNose

Question For The Goons

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:54 pm

My question is for the CPS goons that frequent this board. How many times have you investigated so-called parentification of children when they just happen to be exceptionally bright?

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:10 pm

If you called me a "goon" in a forum..I wouldn't answer your questions.. :roll:

The post I made on ending name-calling and arguing between forum members includes attacks on CPS workers that post here too....

The posting trail of fighting and name-calling only hinders this sites ability to be viewed by potential visitors(judges, legislators,etc.) as "people abused by a system out of control.."

We all give the advice, "Don't give them ammunition to use against you"....

Fighting and name-calling, in this forum, is inadvertent ammunition against our cause...

I just hope all the time and energy we've spend asking elected officials to look at this site and investigate CPS's problems don't come on a day when Dan and Bob are goin' at it :lol: (I know you 2 have been great lately :wink: ) or read posts "to any of the CPS goons"...

"Those of us who want to change the system have to stand taller and carry a bigger load, all with a smile and a pleasant demeaner, because we also carry all the negative, guilty cases shown in the media" :x
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:17 pm

"Goon" is not name calling. A goon is a hired individual who harasses and threatens people. Likewise I could make the same argument about your avatar, however, I do agree with it.

goon
noun

1. A violent criminal who is paid to hurt or threaten people.
2. A hired thug.

Please tell me CPS does not commonly harrass, threaten or hurt families and children, then I'll retract the name.

But, since I'm in a decent mood now, I'll ask nicer;
Please replace "goon" in my original posting with "child-saver".

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:47 pm

When you state "then I will retract the name"...Your saying it is a "name"... one you "called" a cps worker..

I think "name calling" fits....

Please give me an example where CPS does not commonly harrass, threaten or hurt families and children, and I'll retract the name

CPS is an agency, you are singling out individuals you know nothing about or have any insight into how he/she performs their job....Because they are here and have posted that the system isn't perfect and needs some type of reform and give information on "how the sytem is suppose to work" shows they are different.

A worker who cares less about you and thinks everyone accused is guilty isn't going to take time out of their "evening" to post info for (have to be)abusers...

I used info Michael posted to show my worker what he was suppose to do...I wouldn't have known it if he hadn't posted it.

I'm not going to assume people are guilty of abuse because they are here, I'm also not going to assume the workers posting here are evil and deserve to be called "goons" ...

Just because the few are here and have dealt with a rant or two or...<insert number here> :) and still comeback... Shows they are different, IMO, then the workers we had...

My worker wouldn't of lasted a couple days in here without losing it

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:58 am

It does happen Good_Dad. Months ago I had finally gotten to speak with one of our US Senators. I asked for a meeting with him and when he agreed I asked him to come to this Site to see the magnitude of the problem. It was during the time of Bob Fletcher and James Stein and other ranting to overthrow everything. He looked and had his secretary call and tell me there would not be a meeting.

When I posted that, I was called a liar and challenged, "give us his name and we will all write and call him", there are only two from each state. I did not respond.

Radical and disparging comments will not change anything. Our government is out of control and very intrusive into our lives and families but will only be changed when we convince the politicians that there is a problem and they must legislate that the bureaucrat employees of government obey the laws, the policies, and the spirit of fair treatment.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:59 am

Mr. Shaw I agree and yet disagree. Most people who come here do so to vent and seek help. For someone to not allow a meeting for that sounds like they used it as a cop out. I don't know how good dad's case went or if it is still ongoing or anything about it really, but not everyone can "hold their heads up and smile" when their children are being stolen. People in here are hurt, confussed, and angry, some things are blown out of wack too,, I am not saying name calling is good, however, each person has a different way to vent and sometimes they need to do it with words,,, I have done name calling,,and I do not say that with pride,, but I can also smile while taking someone down too,, good dad I bet you have too, I dunno, but last time I check it was also degreating to "discipline" someone in the forum as well.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:34 am

Some of the best insights I have about CPS came from people within the CPS system.

Sometimes they knew what they were educating me and sometimes not.

But as long as they're talking... it's a good idea to listen.

You can't catch a fish unless it opens it's mouth.

Best, Dan

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:51 am

and you can't be bitten by a mean dog without it opening it's mouth

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Many times all of you have seen me post, "Knowledge is Power." It does not matter where the knowledge is from.

Absolutely nothing will be gained by lambasting someone on this forum, including CPS workers. As Dan said I too have learned from CPS workers and specifically from Michael. I seldom agree with what they say but I do take their good information and use it, I also take their mis-information and use it against them when I can.

We should never under estimate our enemy. We may think they are stupid, we may think they are the devil, we may think they have no respect for other people and especially for families. They however are very powerful.

My only point above was that the easiest way for use to address the monumental size of the problem to a politician, or anyone in a position to help us, is to refer them to this site and the others like it and let them read it themselves. We can't do that when people are ranting to much. I understand that we all use or have used this site for an emotional release, I understand that we are all highly emotional about this but we need to concentrate on winning the war not the battle.

CPS will never be stopped so long as we are a gaggle of ones. CPS will never be stopped without the influence of politicians or the federal courts. We will have to have the politicians on our side or the courts on our side to win. The same with our attempts to make the general public and especially the middle class public aware of the magnitude of the problem, how do we? We again can't tell them to come here and look unless they see people asking for and getting help and not people advocating the demise of our government and country.

As for people coming here to to vent and seek help, that is a fairly recent occurance. When we first joined we came looking for help AND WE GOT PLENTY, no one judged us, no one disrespected us, they offer advice and their opinion and it worked. Of course we had to take the advice and opinions, educate ourselves and do it ourselves. Many now want someone to do it for them.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:10 pm

as most people know that when CPS speaks we are to back down and be cowards,,,,, I do believe this is what they want,,,, but when you speak up for yourself whether it's inapropriate to someone else,, and sometimes it is,, but when it's our children we don't always have time to collect what our attitude will be,,,, I think this site is great for many people because of people like Gary Shaw,, if we can sit back for only a sec or so there are people who can help you with what to say or do and that's what help is for,,,,,, I still say that when some vents we should have respect for them too,,,,, however, I think good_dad did well on some suggestions on how to approach this,,,,,, Thank You Good_Dad and Mr. Shaw

Return to “CPS Investigations”