Home visit on Tuesday

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

scarfyrre

Home visit on Tuesday

Postby scarfyrre » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:10 pm

So the caseworker, who I haven't heard from since October, calls me today to schedule a home visit and talk with my son. I ask if she's seen the doc's report and the visitation person's report. She says yes and that they were favorable. I ask if she's spoken to their lawyer, and she said yes, she wants to close the case, but she has to get the answer from her administrator. (Thankfully that horror of a supervisor is out sick)

She says this is normal. Lawyer says to go ahead and do it. My husband is taking the morning off to come make sure the house is spotless. She's allergic to animals, so maybe she won't stay long (I have 3 dogs and 2 cats).

I will be taking a xanax. I will not offer information. I will have a digi recorder in my pocket. I will take pictures of the house before she gets there as EXIF info cannot be changed.

Any other advice? I'm not going to video this, as I don't want to antagonize DFCS further since we're so close. The animals will be upstairs so she won't be able to go up there, and she'll just see the downstairs. House is cluttered with books, but I'm going to pack a few up. We're avid readers.

I so want this over. I will be furious if this visit causes more crap.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:15 pm

scarfyrre, our prayers are with you, sounds like you have a great plan, with nothing to hide you will have to hide nothing, God bless you and your family

R

Can I help?

Postby R » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm

Hey,
If there is anything I can help with, let me know. Good luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying like crazy for you.
-You know who in Roswell :)

Return to “CPS Investigations”