Do we have to do THIS now too? What next???

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brokenheartedinFL

Do we have to do THIS now too? What next???

Postby brokenheartedinFL » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:48 am

My caseworker has set up some kind of behavioral services for the kids now....the behavioral therapist or whatever she is has to come out when the kids are home with the woman that has them right now, then once with me there with them. My friend that has my kids does NOT like the idea of someone coming in her home and I don't like the idea of ANOTHER damn worker of some sort hassling my kids, they see counselors and behavior people already. Can I ask my attorney to fight it? As far as I know there is no court order for it but I'm not positive. And I'm sure the cw will obtain one if there ISN'T one. The cw said the lady is there to do like background checks into everything.....my financial situation, the people that have the kids' financial situation, how the kids' behavior was with me and how it is now (the kids have had behavior issues, the oldest has emotional and developmental disorders including a form of autism). My friend who has my kids said that when she went to the school yesterday, this woman was sitting in the office going through my kids' files!! The behavioral person was. To me it smells like they are trying to find somewhere else to PLACE my kids, like I am not good enough. This stinks and I don't like it. The kids have been through a lot.....they saw their daddy treat me like crap; they went through us seperating; and now they're going through this. They're going to twist this into something ELSE bad against me I can smell it. It seems like it's turning into a petition to have my kids placed elsewhere. The cw says it's law that they do this when kids are removed. Is that true?
Fighting every step of the way against the brutal and misguided accusations against me.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:55 am

Anyone who doesn't see this as a financial rouse is surely blind.

brokenheartedinFL

I agree.....can they get my kids now?

Postby brokenheartedinFL » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:15 am

Well what can they get out of it to use against me? I am NOT well off at all, and am not working right now due to physical ailments and fighting with the SSA about that, and trying to figure out what I would be eligible for if anything, so I will know if I can go back to work. After my claim goes through and I know if I am approved or not, I'll start looking for work again. My kids have NEVER done without anything. They have a home, lights, water, food, clothes, and most important, love. I think they are going to try to show that I am too "poor" to raise them and try to take them based on that, and it's BS to me. Can they do that now? That seems like a change of venue to me. They have been cared for just fine, with occasional struggles of course. I just feel like they are out to ruin me, and take everything I have. My cw already called the SSA and had my oldest son's check put on hold until after court, poking her nose in where it doesn't belong. I have no problem working so don't think I do; I just want to get the SSI stuff settled before I start working and mess with the case. I've worked before and don't mind at all. But the parenting instructor and my counselor both told me to try to apply for it since i have physical ailments, said it was "worth a shot" so I tried.
Fighting every step of the way against the brutal and misguided accusations against me.

Dan Sullivan

Re: I agree.....can they get my kids now?

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:59 pm

If you're going to have to go thru this behaviorist's interviews, just do it the best you can and hope the truth will win out.

Dan

brokenheartedinFL

Talked to attorney finally

Postby brokenheartedinFL » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:14 pm

SHE says that the kids may have to do it since "by law" when they remove kids they have to do it (so cw says), that I do NOT have to. SHe sent in an objection to it and said that it was not mentioned or ordered in court last time and that I object to it also. I told her about the worker's attitude about the kids being "placed" somewhere else and she said the judge was obviously leaning towards my side last time so she doubts that will happen. SHe said YOU ARE DOING WHAT THEY ASKED OF YOU which is all the judge can really ask for in a case like this. I will do the bestI can though, no matter who I have to talk to......it's just turned into harrassment, no other way to put it.

Dan Sullivan

Re: Talked to attorney finally

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:30 pm

brokenheartedinFL wrote:SHE says that the kids may have to do it since "by law" when they remove kids they have to do it (so cw says), that I do NOT have to. SHe sent in an objection to it and said that it was not mentioned or ordered in court last time and that I object to it also. I told her about the worker's attitude about the kids being "placed" somewhere else and she said the judge was obviously leaning towards my side last time so she doubts that will happen. SHe said YOU ARE DOING WHAT THEY ASKED OF YOU which is all the judge can really ask for in a case like this. I will do the best I can though, no matter who I have to talk to......it's just turned into harrassment, no other way to put it.

Let me say this, the CW is probably lying to you about it being "by law."

If this were me, I would take the interview and turn the therapist into a supporter of reunification.

If you're not court ordered, it's really up to you.

If you don't do interviews well or would lose your cool... pass on it.

Good luck, Dan

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:06 pm

make the case worker prove she/his statement

brokenheartedinFL

Postby brokenheartedinFL » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:40 pm

WELL Dan that is a good idea except for the fact that these people have it preset in their minds or in their agenda that I am bad and need to be eradicated from these kids' lives. Anyone that works for or with them at this point are already poisoned by what DCF/CPT has told them. I feel that I have no chance at this point, to have anyone on my side. The parenting instructor did this; told DCF that I don't interact with the kids enough is why they are in "chaos" all the time. Someone I thought COULD be on my side fed them a report full of negativisms. SO my gut feeling tells me to avoid this situation, aside from the fact that my attorney said don't do it. Your statement makes a lot of sense though and I understand what you mean 100% and with normal people, that would be the case but DCF and CPT is full of NOT normal people.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:36 pm

brokenheartedinFL wrote:WELL Dan that is a good idea except for the fact that these people have it preset in their minds or in their agenda that I am bad and need to be eradicated from these kids' lives. Anyone that works for or with them at this point are already poisoned by what DCF/CPT has told them. I feel that I have no chance at this point, to have anyone on my side. The parenting instructor did this; told DCF that I don't interact with the kids enough is why they are in "chaos" all the time. Someone I thought COULD be on my side fed them a report full of negativisms. SO my gut feeling tells me to avoid this situation, aside from the fact that my attorney said don't do it. Your statement makes a lot of sense though and I understand what you mean 100% and with normal people, that would be the case but DCF and CPT is full of NOT normal people.

Back in 1993 I was to be evaluated for molesting my three y o daughter.

CPS hired Eileen Treacy... probably the most famous/infamous sex abuse evaluator there was at the time (see trial of Kelly Michaels).

My attny didn't want me to do the eval without him, but he postponed twice and the third time I told him I was going to do it alone against his advice.

I met Ms. Treacy, shook her hand, and in less than three hours she was the ONLY one at CPS that was on my side!

The Judge threw out CPS' SA petition.

But personally I don't do things with CPS the way I advise other people.

If you feel it's better to pass on the interview... than pass.

Best, Dan

Return to “CPS Investigations”