Evaluation- take it or decline it? New Here What to do?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

TGWB

Evaluation- take it or decline it? New Here What to do?

Postby TGWB » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:50 pm

1 month ago we were blessed with CPS and a uniformed police man on our doorstep. They were investigating a report of child abuse in our home. The report stated my husband and myself physically abuse our children, there is excessive screaming and yelling, my husband drinks heavily daily, uses coccaine and pot daily, all in front of our children. We were completely shocked by these false allegations. Having nothing to hide we thought the right thing to do was let them in and proove the report false. Just the first mistake we made apparently.

Our children are 9, 7, 3, and 2. They questioned my husband and myself seperately, then I had to bring each child out seperately while they questioned them and took a mugshot of them. They did a brief look around the house, which was spotless. I asked them if they wanted to look in the fridge, they declined. He said everything looked very nice.

My husband drinks 2 or 3 times a YEAR and he is not a heavy drinker when he does. He is certainly not a coke user and we do not abuse our children in any way. Be it right or wrong though, my husband does smoke pot on occassion, which he voluntarily admitted to the case worker. My husband has cancer and lets just say this helps him sometimes. He is a responsible man in upper management. He's not that stereo type "pothead" image you so often see. I do not use it and do not judge the thousands that do. My husband took a drug test to proove that he does not do coccaine or any other drugs aside from pot. Stupidily thinking in the eyes of the law that one is better than the other. Our second mistake I presume. He passed everything except for pot. CPS left, said to try and relax. They have to investigate all reports, everything looked fine and if anything they may recommend some services for my husband. That said, 2 weeks passed, we heard nothing. Then CPS called our 2 references we gave to them and the next day we got a call from an agency that received a refferal to do an evaluation on my husband. I gave my husband the message and he proceeded to call and leave a message on the ladies voice mail for a week and a half. Finally this week, she calls back, she's been sick. She wants him to come in to do an evaluation. He's to set aside 2 hours of his time, He will be drug tested again and they will go over his past history. She said, before he leaves she will be able to tell him if she is going to recommend counseling to CPS. I feel like everything we do is the wrong thing. I read and hear all of the horror stories of how they dig and twist things. The lady did say that the evaluation is not mandatory. My husband can decline in. The lady said she would just report back to CPS that we declined the evaluation. So, should he take it or is it in our better interest to decline it? What will they do then? We are just devastated that our parenting and integrity is being invaded. We are 99% sure of who did this to us. Someone who has actually done the allegations she is claiming of us. Why don't they investigate the validity of the caller first? That could save alot of people the pain and stress this creates for your family. Everyone else in our lives will vouch for the kind of people we are. The school, our church, our friends and family are all behind us, but it doesn't seem like that matters in these cases. Our children are our life and we take pride in the way we raise them. They are great in school, polite. They have everything they could want and it's so obvious to anyone that knows them they are not abused. They are happy kids. We are just sick that this is happening. It's not right that anyone can call and destroy your lives like this. I feel like they are jjust digging at the only thing they could prove to be true. If not for that, this would probably be over already. Guess we get to learn the hard way :(

Thanks

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:15 pm

They don't investigate false reporters, as that would mean less of a chance for them to get their cash. Your integrity is on the line - as well as you having your children at home. Think for a moment why they photographed everyone. Think about it.

Sounds like they might try to get you all on the marijuana thing. A lot of people believe if they cooperate, it will go away. Marijuana is not a bad thing - especially for those who are ill. Cigarettes and alcohol are a million times worse. You might consider getting an attorney. However, it's been shown that the goons will twist whatever you say. Keep your eyes open, they just may tell the court that your husband is a vicious drug addict, make him go to drug counseling and put him on medication that is sure to kill him. If I were you, and this is not legal advice, no longer cooperate and hire an attorney. If they try to persue you on the marijuana thing, you might consider getting ahold of NORML and see what they say. We're all adults and what we do in the privacy in our homes is no one's business.

http://www.norml.com/

Unfortunately, it's gonna get worse for you. Like I tell all newcomers here, ignore PM's and advice from goons that visit this site. HIRE AN ATTORNEY AND DON'T COOPERATE.

Additionally, I would decline any evaluations. Your husband is a good man, who keeps his pain at bay....not a vicious savage. The evaluations are done by their shrinks, who gets a cut of the CAPTA funds, so, it's advantagious for them to portray your husband as a crazed villian, a bad father and a dope fiend. Besides, their evals are just junk science that is biased anyway. Keep your mouth shut, get an attorney, if you care about your family. This is no joke.

Again, this is not legal advice and I'm not a lawyer, this is what I'd do in this situation.
Last edited by DontBiteMyNose on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:46 pm

First take care of the protection of the children.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1103

Do a guardianship if you can. Preferably with grandparents or a childless relative.

We just had a poster tell how the guardianship worked for her.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=3499

When to tell cps is up to you about the guardianship. If you tell them right off that your child/ren have guardians they might back off right away. They simply are out to get children for their own coffer. This is a legal way to protect your child/ren and most cps offices do not want to fool with families that have guardianship over their children.

But, they can get a court order and have the guardians give the children to them. I have not heard or read of any cases so far where this has happened. I have heard that the state of Texas makes the guardians do a home study.

This to me is your best bet to making them back off immediately.

As don'tbitemynose says, "Again, this is not legal advice and I'm not a lawyer, this is what I'd do in this situation."
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:08 pm

First, do as Dazeemay says and get guardianship for the kids. CPS doesn't give a crap about them, but they just want the money. Do it to stop or at least slow them down.

Secondly, whether or not your husband has cancer is irrelevant to CPS, although damn important to you all. I can attest from personal experience the medicinal properties of pot, as can millions of AIDS, cancer, MS, and other patients can. Unfortunately, it's illegal. The Supreme Court ruled that even if the state has medicinal use laws, it's still illegal.

Anyhoo, go to this site: http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3445

I'm sure they can help since I would bet the sole reason of CPS trying for the kids would be the pot use. I'm not a lawyer either, but I agree to stop cooperating and get in touch with NORML or another attorney. I wouldn't recommend doing the eval as it's with one of their helpful little abuse finding elves and it'll do you zero good.

Gather all the med records and go to NORML. Good luck. :)

TGWB

Attorney

Postby TGWB » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:24 pm

Thank you for your replies. So, general consesus agrees not to do the evaluation. What will CPS next step be if we refuse the evaluation? As for the attorney, this all happened on a Friday evening. We promptly seen a lawyer that following Monday morning. I know different locations and cases may differ on rates but he wanted $7500 to start, plus investigator costs estimating another $1000 or so. Is this standard? No amount of money is too much when it comes to our family and children but we are week to week people. This is not only straining our family it's going to start destroying us financially it seems. Is there no end in site? I guess I'm just wondering if it's entirely impossible to fight this on our own. So, we don't do the evaluation, what next? I'll do the guardianship thing. What else?

Dan Sullivan

Re: Evaluation- take it or decline it? New Here What to do?

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:35 pm

Not that it matters but who would have made this stupid report against your family?

If everything was as evident as you say I think CPS is just going to suggect counseling because of the stress of having someone in the family suffering from cancer.

I believe your case will be closed unfounded.

What state are you in?

All the best, Dan Sullivan

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:37 pm

Dan, seriously, you don't believe they'll persue drug addiction counseling?

Dan Sullivan

Re: Attorney

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:51 pm

TGWB wrote: Thank you for your replies. So, general consesus agrees not to do the evaluation.

Do the evaluation.

You've been upfront and upstanding people so far.

And CPS has seen that all the allegations are false.

And pot for cancer?

Parents can smoke pot for enjoyment and it shouldn't be a big deal for CPS... unless the parents are doing it in front of the kids.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

TGWB wrote: What will CPS next step be if we refuse the evaluation? As for the attorney, this all happened on a Friday evening. We promptly seen a lawyer that following Monday morning. I know different locations and cases may differ on rates but he wanted $7500 to start, plus investigator costs estimating another $1000 or so. Is this standard?

No, it's completely nuts.

You've already gone passed the point where an attny should have advised you.

What does the attny say other than hand me over $7,500?

Forget this attny.

I just helped a family that paid $1700 to an attny who left the family to deal with CPS basically on their own.

VERY similar to your case.

CPS came and went... months ago, no additional contact... and all they lost was the $1,700.

I'm been a CPS activist for years and I believe your family is going to come out of this fine.

Personally I think CPS should send your husband a "Get Well Card" and then leave you all alone.

But probably the CPS supervisor wants her friend the counsleor to do an eval so she can bill CPS a few hundred dollars.

Sorry to hear of your husband's medical problems.

Again, you're going to do fine.

Best, Dan Sullivan

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:55 pm

DontBiteMyNose wrote:Dan, seriously, you don't believe they'll persue drug addiction counseling?

No. I don't.

What family hasn't had someone suffer with cancer?

And who wouldn't want their pain to be eased with anything... INCLUDING pot?

Unless they get a MAJOR dirtbag supervisor on their case at CPS I don't think they have anything to worry about.

Best, Dan

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:28 pm

I Agree with Dan Sullivan. There is nothing to worry about. As long the Parent did not do it in front of the Kids and do it on his own privacy outside or elsewhere. Then it is just grand. Many, many Sick parents out there with Cancer, Aids, Diseases, Disorders, smoke pot. I have seen many, many, many Parents smoke Pot away from their Children because they have a Sickness or Illness. There was one Parent that is capable to supervise the Children on her own while the Sick Father is on his own recupertaing from Cancer on his Bed or whatever. The Children are still being supervised by the Mother. So what? There are always some one there at the house. The Kids are well cared for. There are no Abuse and no Neglect.

So there is No case whatosever. Period.

I think if they think they would go against a Cancer Parent, is just blantant Medical Discrimination. Parents can sue CPS for this discrimination. They have a Medical reason. Plain and simple.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, what can I say? One person always says cooperate and I say never. Make your decision. Beware, though, the goons don't have your best interest in mind. Cooperating, in my opinion, is just feeding the monster. What can come good on CPS evaluating him, besides more reasons for them to harass his family? Remember, it's one of THEIR evaluators.

Unless they get a MAJOR dirtbag supervisor on their case at CPS I don't think they have anything to worry about.

And that happens rarely?

*pats on head* now be a good family and do what we say.

Hey, I'm a pessimist when it comes to the goons.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:44 pm

Yeah I understand you greatly. It is a shame that we have no one on our side. It would be very helpful to have some one on your side, a powerful one. That is why I have a Lawyer and an Adovocate from another Agency that helps the Deaf people, they are working hard with me against them. So it works fairly well as of today. So far. It is just to show how tricky CPS are, and they always have something up their sleeves. So be prepared at ALL COSTS! and FOREVER until your Child or Children turns 18/21. But it s a SHAME that it won't come to end, because they will look up YOUR GRANDCHILDREN of the Future, unless, we do something about their actricious evil acts. We need to protect our Grandchildren of the Future and put a stop to it. We can do it today. Not tomorrow, TODAY! Because if we don't do something bout it, then CPS will come back harrassing grandchildren, when your Children becomes Parents, and they will be harrassed upon.

Why? BECAUSE your names and their names ARE IN THEIR DATA BASE< and THEIR DATA BASE IS GOOD FOR 50 Years!!!!!! :shock: All because of the Abuse Registry, and the Abuse Registry is good up to 50 years still. WE need to ABOLISH this Abuse Registry all together, BECAUSE it is not a Perfect CRIMINAL RECORD< it is ALL HEARSAY! AND NO EVIDENCE! That is what makes our Country Dangerous, because they can go against you with almost no evidence whatsoever. :roll:

Unfair Justice?

You bet!
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:50 pm

I don't know about the 50 year thing - maybe thats where you're from. When the goons attempted to steamroll me, and I resisted and noncooperated, finally I got a thing in the mail that I signed to remove my "case" from their database. But, you know what, I don't believe it, not one second. Hence an example of noncooperation ala ME:

Goon: I need your children's SSN's.
Me: Are you doing my taxes?
Goon: Please, this will help the investigation and close it, allegations of filthy children.
Me: Never will I tell you.
Goon: We need to come inside and see if your kids are covered in filth.
Me: Never.
Goon: (shifty eyes, get's on phone)
Me: Here, a phone call for you.
Goon: Who is it?
Me: Answer it, it's a surprise.
Goon: Hello?
Attorney: There is no filth on the children, you will not go inside and cannot secure a warrant on an anonymous call. You will not violate their rights.
Goon: Ok, ok, no problem.
Me: There you got it.
Goon: Do your kids have their shots?
Me: Maybe.
Goon: Do you have insurance.
Me: Of course.
Goon: You have a child in school, we'll have to go talk to her.
Me: You're not going to talk to her. I'll take her out of school.
Goon: How do you dicipline your children?
Me: None of your business.
Goon: We'll let you know what comes of this.

There you got it. I could be in their registry, I don't know. I don't care.
Last edited by DontBiteMyNose on Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:51 pm

You will be darned if you do the evaluation and you will be darned if you don't. It is bad either way once they get into your life.

Your lawyer is a rip off to say the least.

Has he handled cps cases before. 99 3/4 % of them do not even know how to fight cps.

Once cps is in your life it is better (and I hate that it is so) to cooperate with them and not raise any red flags. Our second time around we did not let them in our home and took measures to protect the children by doing our guardianship once our one granddaughter was returned to us. They have not bothered with us since. They know they would have to fight the guardians and the parents and that the complaint was not against the guardians and so the guardians have the right to the children.

The good thing about doing it this way is that you can take steps to protect your children. Smile always for them. Be polite etc. But, take preventive steps such as the guardianship and if you are a one person recording state record everything they say. Even the eval person.

Here is a link to see what the laws are in your state.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=2203

When to tell them about guardianship, I see that you said you are a church going family, pray about the timing. It could come about in a conversation with the caseworker and you could say that your children have guardianship and that you will need to let the guardians know about this.

I can't promise you, but I will bet that you will never hear from them again.

However, you would need to get the paperwork from them that the case is closed.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Most States, that Abuse Registry is good up to 7 years, or UNTIL the Child turns 18 or 21. That is most for nation wide.

But in some cases, or most of them, would have their names remain in CPS Data base up to 50 years. Because they have files to follow up, and criss cross with the names and come back to haunt you.

I mean I have seen Grandparents, that had 30 years ago of CPS Case, and it all came back to her Grand daughter. Because of their names in their records.

They (CPS) thinks you and Children will be the same, and it will have the same outcome when they become Parents. I have heard CPS say this once, saying that if the Mother was like that, the Children will become like their Mother or Father. That is why it is all the more reason for the CPS To come back!

I have heard some cases that Grandparents got haunted 30 years later with their Grandchildren. It is becoming a reality. I mean I remember my Mother had a "potential" case 30 years ago, and here I am. :roll:

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm

In NY you're on the Registry till the maltreated child is 28 years old!

YIKKKKKES!!!!

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:22 pm

I still haven't found any info on my state's registry, and my lawyer keeps telling me not to worry about it. Well, I worry, but no one will assure me. Bah.

Experts agree pot is good for cancer patients to alleviate queasiness and help the appetite, but somehow I don't trust CPS to give a sh*t. And I doubt it matters if he smoked it in front of the kids, with the kids, or in the garage while they were in school, he still did illegal drugs and knowing CPS' motives, they will use that against you if they want a case. I may be a cynic, but I don't trust them any further than I could punt them.

I say contact the NORML attorney in your state and see if he/she can help. I'm sure they get this all the time, and I bet they would be better than some random family attorney. We not only paid ours about 100K over a 9 month period, but I did all his research for him. Even then he ignored a lot of it, and I still think if he hadn't, we wouldn't still be in their mercies. My husband is moving 4 hours away on Sunday because of a new job, I'm staying behind for kid's school and selling house, and we haven't lived together for almost 4 months (9 months as a whole family).

We'll all tell you different ways to go, and although not legal advice, it's still good. All cases are different, but one thing is the same and that is do not trust them. At all. My personal gut feelings is not to do anything until you have legal representation OR have done enough research to argue your case. That's me, though, coming from the "wish I knew then" syndrome. I was polite, helpful, and did all that was asked and my son was taken from me and put in abusive foster homes for five months. I'd slam the door in their faces now.

BTW, I was in NORML back in the day. :wink: I also voted on Nevada's medical pot legalization thingee. Why is a joint worse than a couple of snorts of whiskey? I've heard pot won't give one a hangover. :wink: I know whiskey will.

Sorry, rambling. Feel free to PM me, too, if you want. <hugs>

TGWB

Paperwork

Postby TGWB » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:41 am

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. It's nice to get some real feedback on our situation.

The lawyer we seen has worked several cases in this area. He came highly recommended from my friends lawyer, who is a big time corporate attorney. Maybe that is our problem with the pricey fee. We can totally see that having representation might be a good idea, but on the other hand, we also fear that we spend the money which is not easily obtainable, and then we find out they are closing the case. In our lives, that would be our luck. I guess you never know though and it's a chance you take either way. I would like to think that doing the evaluation would show them that my husband is not an addict or dependant on pot. Up until now, he has been calling the agency and willfully making plans to come in for the eval. It would have been done already if not for the lady not calling him back for a week and a half. He called this Thursday to do it but she said it wasn't good for her. He told her Friday wasn't good for him so she told him to call back Monday to schedule it next week. I don't know what to do. It is a catch 22, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Like I said before, I don't judge my husband or anyone for their reasons of smoking pot, but it is illegal. Even the CPS worker when he came to the house told me that they may recommend my husband seek services because no matter why he does it, he shouldn't. My husband's doctor knows he does it, but he does not endorse it. It's never ever been done in front of the kids.

As for obtaining paperwork on our file, how is that done? What should I have for my records, how do I get it? Do I call or write? And the guardianship, I read a little bit on it last night. Do I do the temporary guardianship? Should I contact the CPS case worker and inquire on what is happening with the case? We haven't heard from him in a month. Something the attorney did say though was to basically "let sleeping dogs lie" and not to make any contact until they contact us. We never told them who we thought is doing this to us, is that even relevant to them? The attorney said no. They asked if someone was mad at us the night they were here but we were so floored we didn't know. Over that weekend, we starting putting things together. We were told CPS has to investigate withing 24hrs of the report. A local cop friend told us that. Anyway, my husband's brothers' ex-girlfriend (got that) is a drug addict and his brother just sent her back to her family in WV, in December. They broke up, he had enough. We live in Florida by the way. My husbands half brother (different brother) whom we never speak to is also a drug addict who lives in VA. Wednesday before CPS showed up, his half brother called from his other brothers girlfriends familys home in VA and asked my husband for money and a place to stay. They were planning to come to FL. My husband told him no and hung up on him. The next day his half brother was arrested. My mother in law called the police when my husband told her where he was, so in a matter of speaking we helped the police find him. The ex-girlfriend was counting on him giving her a ride back to florida to see her children (living with my husbands brother currently). She's a crazy vindictive woman. Certainly fits the bill of someone that is capable of doing something so vicious. We believe it was her. But all of that is likely moot in CPS eyes. Still, the timeline fits perfectly....this occurred on a Wed and TH and CPS showed up that Friday.

I'm wondering if we should just cooperate, do the eval. I don't want to make things worse but I don't want to raise any red flags that may appear an addimition of guilt or something to hide. I think we need to put the eval off as long as possible since they will be testing him again. He's only done it once in the past month but I know the last thing we need is another dirty piss test that they can use against us. I'm going to do the guardianship this weekend and get it notarized. What is my next step as far as contacting CPS or getting copies of the file?

And if they do recommend services, how does that work generally? Is that something we are going to have to pay for? How long does it take? Do they just leave the case open until counseling is over or what? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect in any given situation.

I should also mention that this is the 2nd time CPS has invaded our lives. 8 years ago our oldest broke his leg. We were told the hospital has to call CPS for all broken bones in young children. They investiagted, did 2 home visits and closed the case. So, be it closed or not, the case worker mentioned it more than once when he was here, although he also stated it wasn't a concern to him. But why keep mentioning it? Something to mess with our heads I assume.

Sorry I keep writing novels. I'll close this now. I appreciate the info . I just had so many questions. Thank you

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:36 am

Again, there is one person here that will tell you to cooperate so it will all go away, which we all know is not true. And again, I will tell you the reality of the situation. If it were me, I woulden't cooperate, because they're going to steamroll your husband for helping keep his pain at bay. They're going to recommend drug treatment classes because they're going to make him out to be a vicious addict. Additionally, he'll have to take monthly piss tests and they'll monitor if he's taking his prescription medication - which will kill him.

If your attorney is too expensive, find another one. Don't complain how expensive attorneys are, as you cannot put a price on your family. This is not legal advice.

You see, they recommend services so they get their cut of federal funds, called CAPTA or the Mondale act. Sometimes they'll bill their victims, sometimes CPS. It depends on where you live. Now, if you want to get a copy of your case, you contact the goon and let them know. If they refuse, then you have to do a FOIA on them, which takes a while - others are experts on that here.

But, remember, they recommend services, cannot force it. It is recommended to a rubberstamping judge who is in bed with them, who can force it or make you pay in contempt of court. Some of the pro-CPS people here will tell you that is not true, but, my friend, it is.

Nice people to "cooperate" with, huh? Better put your yellow star-of-david on, if you do so.

Remember, it's your choice to cooperate and be in their clutches or not cooperate and have a chance. Good luck.
Last edited by DontBiteMyNose on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Sullivan

Re: Paperwork

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 am

TGWB wrote: Even the CPS worker when he came to the house told me that they may recommend my husband seek services because no matter why he does it, he shouldn't. My husband's doctor knows he does it, but he does not endorse it. It's never ever been done in front of the kids.

If the doc thought it was maltreatment he would have ALREADY reported it because he'd be breaking the law if he didn't!!!

Did you tell CPS that your husband's doc already knows he's smoking pot?

TGWB wrote: As for obtaining paperwork on our file, how is that done? What should I have for my records, how do I get it? Do I call or write?

STOP bugging the CW!!!

TGWB wrote: And the guardianship, I read a little bit on it last night. Do I do the temporary guardianship? Should I contact the CPS case worker and inquire on what is happening with the case? We haven't heard from him in a month. Something the attorney did say though was to basically "let sleeping dogs lie" and not to make any contact until they contact us.

TRUE!!!

STOP bugging the CW!!!

TGWB wrote: We never told them who we thought is doing this to us, is that even relevant to them? The attorney said no. They asked if someone was mad at us the night they were here but we were so floored we didn't know. Over that weekend, we starting putting things together. We were told CPS has to investigate withing 24hrs of the report. A local cop friend told us that. Anyway, my husband's brothers' ex-girlfriend (got that) is a drug addict and his brother just sent her back to her family in WV, in December. They broke up, he had enough. We live in Florida by the way. My husbands half brother (different brother) whom we never speak to is also a drug addict who lives in VA. Wednesday before CPS showed up, his half brother called from his other brothers girlfriends familys home in VA and asked my husband for money and a place to stay. They were planning to come to FL. My husband told him no and hung up on him. The next day his half brother was arrested. My mother in law called the police when my husband told her where he was, so in a matter of speaking we helped the police find him. The ex-girlfriend was counting on him giving her a ride back to florida to see her children (living with my husbands brother currently). She's a crazy vindictive woman. Certainly fits the bill of someone that is capable of doing something so vicious. We believe it was her. But all of that is likely moot in CPS eyes. Still, the timeline fits perfectly....this occurred on a Wed and TH and CPS showed up that Friday.

But who made the report doesn't matter.

The best thing is CPS KNOWS it's a bogus report!

Ask the CW if they'd like to know who you figured out made the report?

Don't make it long... just say it was a semi-related drug addict that was looking for money and you told them NO a day before the report was made!

TGWB wrote: I'm wondering if we should just cooperate, do the eval. I don't want to make things worse but I don't want to raise any red flags that may appear an addimition of guilt or something to hide. I think we need to put the eval off as long as possible since they will be testing him again. He's only done it once in the past month but I know the last thing we need is another dirty piss test that they can use against us. I'm going to do the guardianship this weekend and get it notarized. What is my next step as far as contacting CPS or getting copies of the file?

Do the eval when they want. It's NBD. Still smoking pot... it's NBD.

TGWB wrote: And if they do recommend services, how does that work generally? Is that something we are going to have to pay for? How long does it take? Do they just leave the case open until counseling is over or what? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect in any given situation.

Your case will be closed unfounded.

TGWB wrote: I should also mention that this is the 2nd time CPS has invaded our lives. 8 years ago our oldest broke his leg. We were told the hospital has to call CPS for all broken bones in young children. They investiagted, did 2 home visits and closed the case. So, be it closed or not, the case worker mentioned it more than once when he was here, although he also stated it wasn't a concern to him. But why keep mentioning it? Something to mess with our heads I assume.

The CW shouldn't be mentioning it at all. It's of no relevance.

TGWB wrote: Sorry I keep writing novels. I'll close this now. I appreciate the info . I just had so many questions. Thank you

You have enough on your mind with your husband's medical problem... and the kids...

This CPS BS just makes your serious situation seem that much more serious.

And I know you want to cover all situations before the sh*t hits the fan, but you have nothing to worry about.

FORGET the attny.

He's just looking for $7,500.

Treat this CPS thing as what it really is... a small speedbump in your families life.

Tell the CW you'd like to get this investigation behind you because it's making an extremely difficult family situation worse than it really needs to be.

You'll do fine.

Best, Dan

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:36 am

Hey,

I read back and it was the therapist who called you and said CPS made a referral to her for an eval.

If CPS believed the EVAL was really necessary THEY would have called you.

It sounds like CPS called the therapist and said "See if you can convince him to do the eval."

It is up to you and your husband whether he does it.

You could decline by telling the CW that you'd like to get this investigation behind you because it's making an extremely difficult family situation worse than it really needs to be.

Whatever you decide to do I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Best, Dan

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:46 am

And the guardianship, I read a little bit on it last night. Do I do the temporary guardianship?
Yes, you do a temp guardianship. This is the one my daughter used because it also gives you the revocation. The judge in Wisconsin recognized our revocation and we used this form.

https://www.legaldocs.com/docs/child_1.mv

Don't bug them. The only time you would need to get your files is if you had to go to a hearing. They don't have your children and you are not going to a hearing. So don't go there; you don't have to yet.

Don't make it long... just say it was a semi-related drug addict that was looking for money and you told them NO a day before the report was made!

I would not say either of these things; would make them check into you further. Why is a drug addict calling their home; must be deeper into this drug thing than we thought. Illness could be a cover up for deeper drug problems etc.

I think you would almost have to do the eval now because it has gone too far. The best time not to cooperate with them is at the very beginning. Once you have let them into your lives and you start not cooperating they get tougher and meaner. I know; I have been there.

It is anybody's case what your cw will do and what is office wants him to do. All cw's, states, judges, are like snowflakes there are no two alike.

If you already put the money up front to the attorney and you still have him let him know in writing and a phone call that your husband has tried several times to set up an appt with the eval person and timing has not worked out. Things like this must be documented. Yes, even with a lawyer document everything you do with him/her.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:09 am

Your very wrong Dan,
It can be a very big deal, if the worker is anything like mine.
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:24 am

Dazeemay wrote:

I would not say either of these things; would make them check into you further. Why is a drug addict calling their home; must be deeper into this drug thing than we thought. Illness could be a cover up for deeper drug problems etc.

I think you would almost have to do the eval now because it has gone too far.

The guy already did a UA and the only "drug" that appeared was pot, which he already admitted using.

And I'm sure CPS knows lots of BS reports come in from drug addicts who could't get a "loan" from someone.

And whether or not to do the eval???

It's still the toss of a coin.

After seeing that the therapist was the one who called to make the appointment... I think they should politely decline.

Best, Dan

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:27 am

good dad wrote:

Your very wrong Dan,
It can be a very big deal, if the worker is anything like mine.

Were you smoking pot to relieve the pain of a disease?

Return to “CPS Investigations”