CPS Therapist Visit

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Charlotte

CPS Therapist Visit

Postby Charlotte » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Today a therapist referred by CPS called and asked to set up a time to visit. I agreed to meet her on Thursday after I pick my son up from school. If you don't remember, my daughter made false allegations about abuse to her grandparents who called CPS. She still lives with her grandparents.

My question, should I be concerned about this? She said that CPS doesn't have a case against me and that this is a service for people who can't afford therapy. She's merely a referral from CPS.

One thing that encouraged me talking to her was that she will discuss getting my daughter into therapy with my parents. They don't believe she needs therapy. Maybe she will be able to help me, but I'm very worried.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:53 pm

This has been discussed numerous times. Let me sum it up for you: be careful. Goon therapists are paid for by the goons and always find in their favor to get their financial kickback. The junk science they use will always determine that you're either mentally unfit, sociopathic et al. If I were in your situation, I woulden't go to any goon shrink - it's a setup. A setup to twist what you say for a TPR.

Read this carefully:

I T I S A S E T U P

Again, if it were I in this situation, and it's not court ordered, I would simply ignore such demand. It's a setup. Additionally, I would ignore the goons that PM people on this site to repetitivly tell them to cooperate. No matter how nice they seem in person or on the phone (goons or goon cronies), they're not your friend. Think about this; when you're talking to them, and they say, "We want to help" or "We understand and want your family to work out", it is not true -- remember Hitler was nice to someone.

A lot of people on this site who claim they're anti, will tell you to "go ahead and do it and it'll be closed......", when in fact it doesn't make a difference if you cooperate or not. I'd take the goons for a ride if they wanted to play. Remember it's your backside. Remember, the more they toy with you, the more thier service providers (doctors, goons, classes) make.

Be careful. You've been warned.

I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Personally, I'd find my own therapist.

We were lucky that the CPS owned counselor actually had a brain, but I don't trust anyone that says they're affiliated with CPS.

Nope, no way, nuh uh.

If you do go, I suggest finding out the taping laws in your state, and then do what you can to record the session. You have to protect your son and yourself.

I hope you're documenting everything with dates, names, topic, and notes.

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:26 am

When I called to cancel her voicemail answered. It said she is "Melinda Wells from Children and Family Services". So, that means she's actually a caseworker and not a therapist? They're so vague. She never identified herself when she called only to say that she was referred by the CPS woman, Ms. Azzadi. I left a message and cancelled my appointment with her, where she was to come to my house. Is that a mandatory visit? Do I have to let her come to see us? They already interviewed me at home. I had assumed, maybe wrongly, that she was a therapist. But what therapist does home visits? Is this how CPS therapist work?

I really don't have the money to hire an attorney, unless I absolutely need one. Does anyone think, at this point, that I do? Ms. Wells said there was no charges brought against me.

What a nightmare.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:10 am

Charlotte,

I sent you a PM. They're not law-enforcement and you're not under house arrest. They're powerless without a judge's order. If I were in your situation, I'd ignore it all. Likewise, I would not tell them the name of the therapist issued to me for one reason alone; let them work to find out, thus wasting their time and resources.

It is my M.O. to;

Waste their time and resources.

This is war. War on families. War to legitimize parens patriae. They function by vagueness and operate in the shadows thereby getting people to waive their rights - then they move in for the kill.

Just by that call you made and received her voicemail, (showing vagueness and who she really works for), PROVES the financial rouse they're pulling on people. The goons are criminals.

I really don't have the money to hire an attorney, unless I absolutely need one. Does anyone think, at this point, that I do? Ms. Wells said there was no charges brought against me.

You would if it were your butt in a sling. This is part of their rouse. To financially drain to create another issue; thus their M.O.

Problem

Reaction

Solution

This is not legal advice and I'm not an attorney.
Last edited by DontBiteMyNose on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:19 am

I just got off the phone with the CPS therapist. I told her I would prefer to go to my own therapist. She tried to sell me on the idea of her "services" but I maintained that I wouldn't feel comfortable. She said she understood and would give me a follow up call next week but would be closing my case after that.

One thing I was surprised at, she was very honest about CPS making mistakes. She said that I should do everything in my power to keep CPS from my door. She told me to document everything that occurs between me and the grandparents as well as with the therapist.

I'm hoping that she was being truthful and that this is the end of it.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:23 am

There you go, darling. Ole "dontbitemynose" isn't full of it afterall. I'm glad I got ahold of you before the "Cooperate and it'll disappear" folks got ahold of you.

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:28 am

There you go, darling. Ole "dontbitemynose" isn't full of it afterall. I'm glad I got ahold of you before the "Cooperate and it'll disappear" folks got ahold of you.

Yes, thank you! I think people are fooled into believing that you must go along with it. When I directly asked her if I would have to sign a service plan, she seemed surprised that I knew that and admitted that yes, I would. I went on to tell her that I had been reading on the web of some of the thing CPS does and have gotten information about how they work. Also, that most people view them as Nazis. She seemed taken aback. I think she deals with people that just go along with their "service plan" because they think that they have to.

This board has been so helpful! Thank you for all your input!

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:39 am

Thats because she's used to the slave mentality of the American population. Do you think that the civil rights marchers back in the 60's would have stood for so much? Fast food, reality TV and public schools have really dumbed down Americans. Sad, really.

And it's very true, they're Nazis. Goons, too. You know that song by the O'Jays called "For the love of money?". Thats the song.

Now that she knows that you're onto them, I'd be very watchful of retaliation and non-closure. Some may say here that you've "shot yourself in the foot" for non-cooperation, but, it doesn't matter, they want to get their "man". I'd go ahead and call some attorneys.

Zookie

CPS therapist?

Postby Zookie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:51 am

What is a CPS therapist? Here is VA there is no such thing....CPS makes referrals to various therapists in the area, but they don't have any "set" therapists and they don't pay the therapists either. I am an In-Home therapist and occasionally receive referrals from CPS, but generally my rerferrals come from families themselves or the communiaty (FAPT). My actual job description is to "keep the children with their natural families" (or whoever currently has them). My track record so far is good (for keeping kids in their homes). CPS will generally close their case when I am present in the home.

CPS must be very different here......I'd be curious if anyone who posts (who has had problems) is from VA? CPS here often won't even open cases without sufficient evidence.....and it has to be A LOT of evidence......severe bruising or extremely filthy living conditions. I am currently working with a child who was just returned to his mother and DSS is ready to sign him back over, which I am fully in favor of (they have court this summer for that). I guess I am just wondering if this is different state to state or area to area?

Zookie

right to choose

Postby Zookie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:54 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.....you definitely do have a right to choose your own therapist....one of the forms that all of my clients sign is the "freedom of choice" form, which states that you may choose any provider for any service that you need or want.....they cannot legally hold that against you. This stems from Medicaid.....but I present the same form to non-Medicaid clients.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:07 pm

DontBiteMyNose wrote:This has been discussed numerous times. Let me sum it up for you: be careful. Goon therapists are paid for by the goons and always find in their favor to get their financial kickback.

I believe the "therapist" is really another CW who handles services, as opposed to the original CW who did the investigation.

And the court appointed evaluator who was hired to determine if I sexually molested my three year old daughter concluded that NOTHING inappropriate occured.

And she wrote in her report to the court that my children were the foundation of my life... so ALWAYS doesn't hold true.

Best, Dan

Marina

therapeutic relationship

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm

Therapeutic relationship

I have started a collection of links to websites discussing the thereapeutic relationship. One or more come from court cases. You can hear it directly from judges. Therapy is a witch hunt.

http://fightcps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567

Marina

Va service provider list

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:44 pm

Virginia service provider list

http://www.csa.state.va.us/sfd/defaultsfd.cfm

Zookie, which one are you on this service provider list?

"Rates shown in this directory represent the maximum provider rate and local governments are encouraged to negotiate with providers when developing and securing services for a specific child."

DontBiteMyNose

Re: CPS therapist?

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Zookie wrote:...... but they don't have any "set" therapists and they don't pay the therapists either. I am an In-Home therapist and occasionally receive referrals from CPS, but generally my rerferrals come from families themselves or the communiaty (FAPT). My actual job description is to "keep the children with their natural families" (or whoever currently has them).

From what I understand, FAPT in Virginia is a group under the ______ County Department of Social Services. So, you're saying that you're not paid, regulated nor influenced by the goons?

You do in-home therapy for free?

Hmmmmm.
bcbc films
bcbcfilms.8m.com

Marina

Found the court cases

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:10 pm

Court Opinions

http://www.courts.state.wi.us/ca/opinio ... 7-0626.DOC

Here is an old court case that discusses various aspects of confidentiality of psychological evaluations, etc. relating to Termination of Parental Rights. I will start a new topic under legal research? based on a web search for "release psychological evaluation termination parental rights court opinions" and that sort of thing. You could do one for your state.

More recent one examining the dilemma against self-incrimination.
http://www.wvdhhr.org/oss/Abuse%20and%2 ... anielD.htm

http://echo.forensicpanel.com/1998/1/1/stepdadneed.html

Marina

FAPT

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:26 pm

FAPT

Fapt comes under the state Comprehensive Services Act

http://www.csa.state.va.us/

Policy Manual
http://www.csa.state.va.us/html/pdf/Man ... al0904.pdf

FAPT stands for Family Assessment and Plannning Team.

I took my friend to one, and the social worker wouldn't let me in, contrary to policy. If the mother and child sign off on having an open meeting, then it can be open.

The teenager was locked up in a mental institution because he ran away from the group home at Christmas, because they would not let him see his Mom. They didn't bring him to the meeting because they would have to handcuff him. He is 16 and a flight risk.

In the FAPT meeting, my friend was railroaded. Nobody else had a chance to say anything. The GAL was silent and didn't know anything. The shrink from the nuthouse didn't show up. The social worker brazenly said she could have the child locked up and drugged until he was 18 if she wanted to.

FAPT is supposed to be for the whole family, but it is really only about teenagers.

page 23 - funding
"cases for which service plans are developed
outside of this FAPT process shall not be eligible for state pool funds."

Zookie

FAPT and DSS

Postby Zookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:34 am

FAPT is held at DSS......however, a very small minority of referrals come from CPS.....or even get "reported" to CPS. Many of the referrals come from the families themselves or their current service providers.

My money comes from Medicaid.....Medicaid pays for the therapy.....not DSS. Sometimes, I get a "non-Medicaid" child.....which FAPT covers for a "discounted fee".....but no CPS itself does not pay us anything and actually.....FAPT is out of money for the year, so unless a child is considered in dire need of services and falls under "foster care prevention" then non-Medicaid kids will have to wait until the next fiscal year which begins in July.

Zookie

Marina....

Postby Zookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:43 am

I checked the service provider list.....my agency is not on it as far as I can tell.....but we are non-profit......any money we make goes strickly to overhead costs (and salaries I guess).

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:01 am

One quick question. Why is your office in the CPS Reichstag?
bcbc films

bcbcfilms.8m.com

Zookie

Postby Zookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:11 am

DontBiteMyNose wrote:One quick question. Why is your office in the CPS Reichstag?

I don't know what that means.....what is a CPS Reichstag?

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:18 am

Here's what I'm getting at; you say you have nothing to do with CPS, you're not funded by them and get few referrals, but, I'm a little suspicious why you're office is in a CPS building (ie unlawful influence).

No I'm not paranoid schitzophrenic or inkblot challenged whatever the latest cool term is these days, it's just that I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the whole "family reunification" "feel-your-pain" childsaver rou$e.
bcbc films

bcbcfilms.8m.com

Zookie

Postby Zookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:37 am

My office is not in the same building as CPS (DSS).....community service boards are completely independent......FAPT is in the DSS building, but I do not work for FAPT....I attend FAPT on occasion when a family requests it, and if I am working with a family who wants more services, but that's about it.

DSS and CSBs are not the same. In fact, we often get labeled the "good guys" and CPS the "bad guys" which makes for a difficult dynamic IF we are both involved. But that rarely happens like I said. I have 5 cases open right now and only one was a referral from DSS (a child returning to his mother from foster care)....and actually CPS is not involved in that case....the foster care workers I believe are separate from the CPS workers.

Marina

How many times have you been to court?

Postby Marina » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:03 am

How many times have you been to court?

Have you testified at Termination of Parental Rights hearings? Foster care service plan evaluations? What else. If so, what were the outcomes?

Zookie

court

Postby Zookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:33 am

I don't go to court too often.....usually only if the family wants me there. I have never been to a termination hearing......my goal is to KEEP THE CHILD WITH THE FAMILY.....so far only one of the children I have worked with has been removed.....I was at that hearing and the child was removed....but mom's rights were not terminated. Mom was having too much trouble keeping the kid under control (he was 12 and already had several arson charges under his belt).....it was too late by the time I was asked to get involved with the family.....Mom had already lost motivation and was in favor of her own child's removal.

My goal is for the child to stay with his or her parents......if I am involved, CPS generally steps out and the court will usually step out if I ask them to and give good reasons for it....sometimes they do an advisement....I once had a judge ask me how long I needed to help the family. I told him 4-6 months and he made the hearing for 6 months later....CPS was not involved in that case either. Doesn't always happen that way....but usually does. I have worked with 17 children in the past two years....17 "at risk" for removal. Only one has been removed....the case I mentioned above.

I dislike calling CPS on my families, as I feel it violates a certain trust. I only do it when I feel it is necessary or to do a "consult" (where I run a situation by CPS without giving them the identity of the family and see what they think.....9 times out of 10, I get a "nothing we can do about that"). I call CPS generally if a) the family already had involvement and the family has signed a release for me to talk to their CPS worker, b) if the living conditions are filthy (as in dog feces smeared into the carpet all over the house) and the family has not made an effort to clean up after I spoke to them, c) a child reports that his or her parents are hitting or abusing (but I am careful with this one as I have a client right now who is trying to manipulate her parents and school by "threatening" to call CPS if something happens she does not like), d) the parents are abusing drugs or allowing the children to do drugs after trying other treatment options that fail. For example, I had CPS call me two weeks ago to tell me that my cient was making sexual abuse reports again (which she recanted earlier and said she made up because she was mad)....CPS said, "we aren't going to bother with it, you handle it"....and I did. I guess I see CPS step out a lot where I am from....so these stories of CPS grabbing children for no reason confuses me.

Return to “CPS Investigations”