Individual State Foster Care Ombudsman Programs PLEASE READ

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ericb

Individual State Foster Care Ombudsman Programs PLEASE READ

Postby ericb » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:39 pm

After nine months of filing complaints with the same individuals, and going 'round and 'round, I recently found out that my state, CA, has a Foster Care Ombudsman. After Googling a number of states, I see that they have them too. Funny, when I asked 9 mos. ago if there were any state agencies designed to handle Foster Care complaints, I was continually directed to the very same individuals about whom I was complaining, leaving it up to me to find this office. After sending an e-mail to my state Ombudsman, LUPE HUMPHREY (877) 846-1602, I received a voice mail from her stating that because my daughter had been returned to me, continuing with my complaint would be "not in my best interests". Nonetheless, I returned her call and re-iterated the neglect that my daughter had been subjected to while in CPS custody. When I mentioned "60 Minutes" sitting in her office asking for clarification of the abuse suffered by my daughter, I was immediately put on hold. After a couple of minutes on hold she returned to explain that since it had "been so long" since the abuse alledgedly occured, she would have to discuss it with "the lawyers" and the "agency involved", i.e., the same individuals responsible for the neglect. Wow, I hung up realizing that The Emporor Has No Clothes. I do, however, have a record of the call. No-one within this twisted system will ever be able to claim that I have not satisfied the very complaint system that has been reccomended to me. I am not naive enough to believe that this office can truly help me or my daughter. I do know, however, that I MUST be generating alot of ass covering within the system, and that eventually someone high up enough will tell their minions to cease their case against me. I would urge everyone on this list to identify their state Ombudsman and file a complaint. DO IT TODAY!

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:07 pm

When you say that many other states have a
Foster care Ombudsman, I am wondering if you
aren't referring to a state governor's Ombudsman.

The governor of course is the boss of the
director of your Child Protection agency.

Didn't the Governator tear into the CPS
agency in California? Maybe he created this?

For most states, isn't there just the
one general ombudsman?

In Iowa, where the governor is a former
adoptee and a stooge for CPS, don't expect
the governor who said
"When in doubt, take them out!" to
caseworkers to be very helpful.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Eric, have you considered getting all your proof, including that call and signing up for a slot on access TV in your area? You could start your own show. You'd sure stir up the monkey cage. I'd pay to hear the goons stammer when calling in.
bcbc films
bcbcfilms.8m.com

ericb

Postby ericb » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Greegor,
My understanding is that in CA, this office is specifically for Foster Care related complaints. They even have their own website where current and former prisoners can voice their complaints.

Don'tBiteMyNose:

That is a fantastic Idea! There is a production company here that will produce a 30 min. promo where you provide the questions and then the host asks them. It is used mainly for Physicians and Financial Advisors to promote their businesses. The show runs on the local public access channel. I'll look into it.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:13 pm

Prisoners has more rights to voice what they want more than Children try to voice their wants/needs or wishes but they were silenced. They were incarniated in Foster Care and CPS made sure the Children won't say a word....

Poor Children, indeed. Prisoners gets more say with their Lawyers, and would get what they want (usually). But with These Poor Children, they don't have a chance. I do believe that we should give Children's Voices to be heard, but who will allow them to say something?

CPS will try their darnest best to silence them, but some one has to be there to help Children to voice their wishes. CASA, CASF, GAL, don't do nothing jack, because they are in bed with CPS as well. THey use the same funds, the same that goes to the puppet Judges.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”