Socialwork Licenses

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

AllForThisSite

Socialwork Licenses

Postby AllForThisSite » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:15 pm

Recently my sister informed me that she had decided to change her major from education to Social Work Education to become a school social worker. She told me about being licensed/certified/registered as a SW in North Carolina and that almost all states require this. She gave me a website for our state so that I could look up more information about the licensure and so forth. On this webpage, you can type in your SW's first and last name, last name only, or first name only, and it will give you a list of workers registered/licensed/certified within the state, tell you who is expired, and who is up for renewal. I typed in the names of the social workers that were involved in our case last year and their names did not appear among the list of those licensed/certified/registered here in NC. From my understanding of that website NASW, a SW cannot perform his/or her duties or work for any organization or agency without having a valid updated license, etc. So how is it that these women were sent to our home to investigate us when our state requires a license/certification/registration, yet they are not on the list? They can't say that they haven't had time to put them in the system because all 3 of these women have been working at DSS for 15 years... or so they say.
P.A.S.S.
Parents Against Social Services
http://144418.aceboard.net/

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:02 pm

The people from CPS... they're not social workers.

They're CASE workers.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:00 am

In the state of Georgia, a caseworker doesn't even need an associate's let alone a bachelor's. All that is needed to be a caseworker is a high school diploma and a cold, black heart.

Your state may vary.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:25 am

That's right, they are just that, and does not even have a degree. They don't have the qualifications to handle much less a Child. They just don't know. I ask them a whole bunch of questions and they were clueless. They don't know how to handle a Kid. That is much more scary if they were to remove the Child, they don't even know how to handle a Child? Most of them don't even have Children.

Now here in Canada, they require a Social Work License, because of the problems we are having with CPS, especially around Toronto with Lawsuits, etc....But most Case workers just require a High School Diploma to work there. Scary isn't it?

That is why it is so confusing WHO you are dealing with?

Case workers?

Social Workers?

Investigators?

Sometimes they don't tell you, but they are REQUIRED to give you a professional Business Card with their name and their speciality of work. It has their names on a Business Card, with their field of work at the below of their names, and a contact phone number and address of their Agency. If they don't give those stuff to you, they are breaking the rules and they are supposed to identify themselves at every turn of who they are, where they are from. etc...etc...

you just might get copycats, some one who impersonates these CPS Workers so be careful and ASK for their Identification! Every time.

I got one Worker in Trouble for not identiying herself on that day and she is disciplined, so that the Supervisor encouraged me that it won't happen again! Just disciplined and she is back at her Job to the next victim. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

redneckdad

Postby redneckdad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:31 am

Well,

if we want to sue them for " Civil Right " or " Criminal Charge ", which one that we have to sue ? Social worker or case worker ?

Also, which one that have to go to the JAIL if we win for " Criminal Charge " with whatever they did to us ?? :roll:

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:54 am

redneckdad:

I was told by a very prominent attorney who specializes in child protection cases (defending us) that it is impossible to get a win in a lawsuit against them since they twist things around and tell the judge they did what they did "in the best interests of the children"

Sick isn't it that they can get away with this harm to the very children they claim to protect!
Broken hearted Grandma needs help

mec

Postby mec » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:27 am

If your sister can handle the course work, she would be better off with a different major than Social Work. If not, there are career opportunities attached to being a certified, Social Worker, Many entities such as hospitals, nursiing homes, day care businesses and others funded through the State welfare agencies are required to have a Social Worker on staff. Duties are undemanding and consist mainly of documentation to meet various government requirements.
The Texas Board is here:
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/socialwork/default.shtm
You can look up all the registered social workers in the state.

Somewhere on this board is a breakdown of disciplinary actions taken against social workers since the programe started. (I believe it's less than a decade old). Prominent reasons for adverse actions include:
1. Sexual contact with a client;
2. Exceeding professional boundrys;
3 Failure to report felony convictions;
4. Criminal convictions after certification;
5. Theft from clients.

In Texas, CPS/APS/and other functions under the same agency umbrella are exempted from any requirement to be licensed or registered Social Workers. A Master's Degree in Social Work is just about required for advancement beyond Supervisor and some employees pick them up in their spare time.

redneckdad

Postby redneckdad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:03 am

MNNana :

No Attorney want to fight for us against CPS.

I did call thousands Attorney in Southern area. And, NO ONE want to take our case.

But, ONE Attorney already win the case to bit up cops and CPS and win lawsuit. He lives in Sacramento area.

Did you read the information about when he win 2.6 million dollars tu sue cops, city and CPS when they remove his client daughter ?

He is the one that win the case for this matter. Just happend on this April !

And now, time for us to find the right Attorney who ready to fight CPS very good.

Somebody have to STOP their act. This is not right for us. This is worst then terrorist !!

This problems same thing like the government send us to IRAQ and be suffers overthere.

What the different ?

We`re live in USA and suffers with their system that nobody can win ?

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:31 pm

Somehow people are under the assumption that a college degree or a State license makes one less likely to be corrupt. Just look at the lapdog judges that obey the goons - they have law degrees.

I'd have the same feeling if a goon has a kindergarden degree or a PhD. It makes no difference - the nature of the job in itself requires corruption.
bcbc films
bcbcfilms.8m.com

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:25 pm

I know. :roll:

There is nothing to go against big con (corp) like these people. There ought to be a new Accountability Law for them to heed by. Some day we will put new Accountablity Law in for them to follow, but right now, they are not afraid of no one, they think they are on a power ego trip, that they are above the Law....

Some day, it won't be. But I am sure they won't be before God, I would be more afraid to face God than to face a Judge, that just would put you in Jail for few months or a Year or just slap you with a Fine or whatever. But these stuff only comes with a Death Sentence, they had to murder some one in order to do it, but wait a minute, yeah, they did, in fact murdered some Children here and there indirectly or directly. It does not matter, they have failed to protect these Children. That is the high price they will have to pay. I just hope they will be slapped with Murder Charges or "failure" to protect when the New Law comes in effect in the Future. Well, there ought to be. Why should they get away with it? They keep on saying, "Oh, they were already been abused by the birth parents, and that is why they died in Foster Care." uh? It takes 2 or 3 months to die? or within a week? Two weeks? how is that possible when they die in Foster Care? I can understand if it was within 24 hours. But I CANNOT COMPRHEND if it takes a week for them to die in THEIR CARE! yup, they do best in failure to protect, NOT thrive in it.

They have to pay for these consquences. They must. If they won't get it today, surely their conscience and their day before their Maker surely will do it. That's it. There will be no chances for them. Time for CHANGE, and TIME for improvement the TIME is NOW! They are Corrupt today, CHANGE for a better Tomorrow! These Children deserve better than this.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 pm

Pertaining to actions taken against the goons in Texas, follow this link:

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/socialwork/sw_cmp.shtm

I think this list is just throwing us a bone, but, I'm sure many are not listed. If you go to the list of all the goons in Texas, you could probably pin ethics charges on each.

According to this list, it seems as the male goons were coercing female victims into having sex and the female goons were diciplined for unethical conduct.
bcbc films

bcbcfilms.8m.com

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:12 pm

I wonder how many of these cps turned on.

I posted awhile back how cps in our city came against a supervisor, made her the fall person, for actions the state did not take. The usual pass the buck thing. I think she worked for them for 25 yrs.

She killed herself while her husband dozed on the couch next to her.

Another case a cps worker told how she came against them on the job. Her children were taken not by the usual methods. I think she went to the store, came home and they were gone. She has been years looking for them.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:21 pm

I wonder how many of these cps turned on.

Probably many of them. The goons have reached cult status.

I posted awhile back how cps in our city came against a supervisor, made her the fall person, for actions the state did not take. The usual pass the buck thing. I think she worked for them for 25 yrs.

Sounds like how the Catholic church handles rapist priests; pass the buck, transfer, etc.

She killed herself while her husband dozed on the couch next to her.

FAILURE TO PROTECT! FAILURE TO PROTECT! GET THE KIDS! SIGN THE PLAN OR ELSE! (/sarcam)

Another case a cps worker told how she came against them on the job. Her children were taken not by the usual methods. I think she went to the store, came home and they were gone. She has been years looking for them.

They're in the system by falsifying records.
bcbc films

bcbcfilms.8m.com

mec

Postby mec » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:52 am

"I think this list is just throwing us a bone, but, I'm sure many are not listed. If you go to the list of all the goons in Texas, you could probably pin ethics charges on each. .."

Many on the list are not cps related. Most of them are minor functionaries in hospitals, nursing homes and day care businesses. The Social Work registry is the result of lobbying by the National Association of Social Workers trying to create a profession where none existed before. The existance of the board and a complaint process is not widely known so, the people actually subject to adverse action on this list are a small percentage of those caught in malfeasance of one sort or another. Cps and state workers more often are caught out falsifying documents- claiming contacts they never made, turning in fraudulent travel vouchers, criminal sexual behavior of one sort or another and various forms of larceny.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Now you mention it, we should have the right to ask such questions when they come:

1. What are your credentials? ARE you a Social Worker or just mere Case worker?

2. May I take copies with that signature? (most Caseworkers will refuse copies of paper, so you just flat out refuse to sign unless you get a photo copy handy in your house, just tell her you would be happy to sign and you will photo copy the original in your den office, if they said No, then you will know something is up!

3. Can I have your business phone number and your agency address? Where is your Id card? Where is your Business card? Most of the workers forget to hand out their business card but all of a sudden would hand in the business card at the end of the interview once you "signed" their so called "safety Plan" which would ensure fundings to them. Most workers forget to identify themselves. Some don't show their Id cards. UNPROFESSIONAL if you might say so.

We should demand to do these questions very often and do it PROMPTLY!~ Do it immediately. I would bet you a hundred dollars they will tell you no freaking way...you would ask them "why not?" Since you are going to know about Families anyways in your so called data base computer knowing how much families makes in a month, what their medical number, what their phone number is, school records, etc...etc...personal information they know EVERYTHING< ....SO why not we know everything about them then?

ASK QUESTIONS and do it immediately when they come to your door. I bet you they will be more annoyed to answer your questions and would press their own invasive questions of their own. :roll:

redneckdad

Postby redneckdad » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:11 am

In my experience,

Social worker that came to my house NEVER show us her badges or any kinda ID`s.

She didn`t ask " who`s the owner from this house ? " or, something. But, she just tell us if she wants to speak with the detectives. Also, the detectives didn`t introduce her to us at all.

Can you imagine, she`s already in my house including interview my youngest son and we don`t know who she was ?

We don`t know anything about them before. Because, we never have problem with them. So, they made us like a pin ball and they thought we`re IDIOT peolples.

And now, we`re learn anything about them. We know better about them for this time and we`re ready to fight.

Guys, just be careful with them. Don`t ever try to believe whatever they told you. And, don`t give any kinda information to them.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:39 am

That's right. The less information you tell them, the better your case will be.

It is the same thing last year, the Woman just all of a sudden came over and tell us what to do...She NEVER Idenitifed herself which is very unprofessional. I called the Supervisor of that Agency and complained, and she assured me that it will not happen again and that the worker is being "disciplined" but then again she is right back into her Job. She is the one that reported us in, No hot line calls, no nothing...so it is her words against us plus she never identified herself. So they are working so hard to keep our Case OPEN after 9 months! This is the SAME case that involved the Case worker that has no Id's....keeping a Case Open for up to one year? For Emotional Harm? You bet, it was just for yelling at our Son that refused to stop playing Video Games, and he refused to obey our rules, and this Worker stepped in our boundaries and told us how to "parent" our Son who is 12? He refused to obey Parent's rules, and refused to go to his Room. What do you expect and how to get him in to his room? We already taken away his Video Games and took his priviledges away, and it does not work, and this Case Worker has the ball to tell us what to do! She does not even know how to parent, much less tell people how to parent. She did not even identify herself on that day and she was trespassing on my property!

Why keep a Case Open for a Problem Child that refuses to obey rules? For Emotional Harm? That case should not have begin with, it should not have been opened. Keep it open for a Year? What for? To keep an eye on us? They are looking at Harrassement Charge, that's what. We have a Lawyer ready to go for Lawsuit if that were to happen. We still have Parental Right to parent our Children. They are saying Discipline is Abuse in the Emotional harm form! What? How do you correct a Child who refused to stop playing video games so you can save the Hydro bills? Time's up, it has been 6 hours? She told us to leave him alone and LET HIM PLAY! Is that how to parent a Child and let him get away with it? CPS are THERE To let Children get away with rules! That is so appalling that we are living in a Country that CPS tells you that you are Wrong?! That you don't have a right to parenting?

It is a dicatator Country that tells you what to do! Appalling indeed. It never ends there, it will keep on going and rips every Families apart until they know they are following Government Rules and not their own!

mec

Postby mec » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:09 am

"keeping a Case Open for up to one year? For Emotional Harm? "

The length of time cases are kept open is influenced by funding concerns. Various means are adopted to justify additional tax funds for operating expenses and growth of staffing. Differing amounts of weight can be assigned to the number of cases handled, the number remaining open and in a case load, and also the number closed -showing "successful resolution."

Documenting these things for job justification generally consumes more time and energy than actual case related activity.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Years ago NASW had a web site where non
social workers could post. I used it for several
months. Some had bad attitudes about parents,
MANY of them mistakenly thought that
caseworkers were licensed SW's.

I explained that even the few who did have
SW licenses deliberately allowed their
license to lapse because the normal
activities of caseworkers is outside of the
ethics required by any license, and the
license is a vulnerability to law suits.

They were QUITE surprised when I informed
them that in Iowa, the vast majority of even the
CONTRACT Social Workers are BACHELORS LEVEL
and that in Iowa they don't need a license for
that level or below. In essence, any idiot can
call themself a Social Worker in Iowa.
Many contractor agencies might want you to
have a degree in Social Work or liberal arts
of some kind, but there is no legal requirement
of even that.

The caseworker who perjured himself in writing,
saying that I had a ""sex abuse history"" had
allowed his SW license to lapse, per the pattern.
The Iowa Board of Social work mentioned to me
that in the case of a lapsed license their board
still has some power to hold the person
accountable. (I don't fully understand.)

The biggest idiot CONTRACT SW we had is not
and was not a licensed Social Worker at all.
She did SW with no license and therapy with
no license.

It is my understanding that only a FEW
states actually require SW's to be licensed.

State licensure or NASW membership can be
used to hold them to standards if you sue them.

The NASW code of conduct tries to dodge this
by saying it is not to be used for suing them.

I teased NASW about the intent of that disclaimer.

The NASW group itself seemed ignorant
of the fact that so MANY SW's were not licensed
and many did not have any educational
credentials at all.

I pointed out the problem where even LESS
qualified people working as CASEWORKERS
in CPS agencies were directing the supposedly
more professional contract SW's even beyond
the borders of ethical Social Work.
Contract or independant SW's will not ever
ask DHS to correct what they KNOW is a case
based on false information.
Even the best SW's when presented with
absolute proof the CPS agency committed
PERJURY to make a case, will NOT ask the
agency to correct the false information.

The situation where the AMATEURISH agency
caseworkers tell the supposedly professional
contractor Social Workers exactly what to
do is a bit rediculous, especially when some
of the things are unethical for the SW.

Much of the attempted guilt trips, threats
of TPR and urging of cooperation with the
BAD Service Plan were presented by the
contract SW, and paid for as "family therapy".

mec

Postby mec » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:25 am

In Texas, you have to be registered with the state as a Social Worker, or Social Work Associate to call yourself a social worker. That's all it means. The Old Department of Human Services that was the parent agency of CPS, APS, Child Care Licensing, Foster Home Development and on and on, was the agency that administered the Social Worker registry. DPS made itself and all its job functions and employees exempt from having to register as Social workers and also worked a deal that woud allow employees to become Social Workers without meeting all the requirements. This was useful to them if they took a job elsewhere that required a Social Work License.

These "grandfathered" people had to keep paying the license fee because, if their license lapsed, it was non-renewable.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:38 am

I believe it's a felony to practice (casework or social work) without a license, by federal law. An attorney (she said she was) posted in another forum that you should be able to get a case dismissed on the grounds that the social worker or caseworker is not licensed to practice. You must qualify these people in a court of law and she claims that she is highly successful defending CPS allegations because she knows full well the majority of these pretenders are not properly licensed or qualified to do the job.

If you have a decent attorney, get your attorney to qualify the caseworkers on the witness stand.

None of the above is legal advice, just opinion.

Maine Mom

Qualifying Caseworker Credentials?

Postby Maine Mom » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:56 am

[quote="Bob_Lynn"]I believe it's a felony to practice (casework or social work) without a license, by federal law...

... you should be able to get a case dismissed on the grounds that the social worker or caseworker is not licensed to practice. You must qualify these people in a court of law and she claims that she is highly successful defending CPS allegations because she knows full well the majority of these pretenders are not properly licensed or qualified to do the job...

If you have a decent attorney, get your attorney to qualify the caseworkers on the witness stand.

I'm there now, the problem I have and don't know how to solve is that AFTER the worker removed the children from my home, DHHS covered her actions and gave her a job THE DAY BEFORE the Summary Hearing.

I have job training records. I have her conditional license indicating that she is supervised by a non-DHHS agency. I have I have I have!I do not believe (many legal opinions and the State's Children's Ombudsman) this is enough. How do I prove that on the day she submitted to a judge (sworn affadavit) that she was not an authorized agent for DHS? How do I prove that she committed perjury? How do I get her employment records (without them being doctored). What else do I need?

Has anyone else been in a similiar situation?

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:29 am

I don't quite know the answers but I can direct you to someone who might, please see my suggestion in the other thread.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=3927

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:29 pm

What about CPS Impersoninators? Some one that pretends to be CPS and goes into your Homes? It happened sometimes.

I think it is about time to ask for their Id's before entry to your homes. These Impersoninators are just as dangerous as next to a Gas Reading Person or a Plumber. I cannot imagine they would be able to get in like these times, and we would fall prey to their bad actions.

Only here in Canada, CPS does not have a Id Card, none, just a Business Professional Card with their names and Agency name and contact phone numbers, that's it. Anyone can press these stuff up at a Printing Company.

I think ID Photo Card should be warranted to protect Families against possible ID thefts, Robberies, and Break and Entering of your homes.

Return to “CPS Investigations”