advice urgently need please ty

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

desperatemomma

advice urgently need please ty

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:25 am

monday night the police were called to our home, my husband and i had a verbal altercation. My 2 year old child was sleeping, but woke up right before they came. Yesterday, the cop called my home and informed me that since this was a domestic disturbance in the state of florida, that he had to turn it into cps. This was at 4pm. My husband and I resoloved our problem, but now Im petrified cps is going to come knocking on my door today.....

We dealt with these monsters 2 years ago and 2 months later the case was dismissed. Should I anticipate a visit from these people to my home today????? If so, is there a possibility they could take my child into custody??? Im very scared right now. TY any advice is appreciated.....

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:37 am

Get this done right now. It is a guardianship form.

Yes, you can expect them at your door especially if the police called them. At least you got a warning.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1103

The above link talks about guardianship. The below link is a form you can fill out. You have to get it notarized today with today's date on it.

https://www.legaldocs.com/docs/rev_child1.mv

If they come to your door do not let them in. If you feel you cannot stand your ground out of fear, talk to them outside. Tell them the child's guardian will take him until this is resolved. They may just go away or they may ask to see the papers. Do not show them the papers. Tell them they will have to get a warrant to see the papers or come into your home.

After you do the guardianship, you can put several people on this document, read, read, read everything you can on this site.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:15 am

ty for the reply, i hope they just leave me alone, I could not take my child being away from me for 1 night...

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:26 am

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=3838

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=3611

Read these two links. It shows what guardianship can do.

They can't take your child because:

One this is a legal document.

Two the allegations are not against the guardian.

Three they want guardianship for the money they get from the federal government.

Four they would have to get a warrant for either you or the guardian and they won't do that because of the guardianship. They would have to fight that in court and they know they can't.

Play it cool. Show confidence in what you know.

Let us know what happens.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Dan Sullivan

Re: advice urgently need please ty

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:46 am

desperatemomma wrote:Should I anticipate a visit from these people to my home today????? If so, is there a possibility they could take my child into custody??? Im very scared right now. TY any advice is appreciated.....

Who called the police?

If CPS comes you ABSOLUTELY shouldn't let them into your home.

While they're standing outside (or if you're too upset, don't answer their knock, then they'll leave their card or a message stuck to your door), tell them you want them to send whatever information they have for you in writing so you can discuss it with your attny and THEN you'll get back to them.

DO NOT get into a discussion of anything.

DO NOT comment on the report if they ask you to.

You should do nothing more than ask for the info, and ask for their business card.

NOTHING ELSE!!!

Chances are that'll stop any investigation.

When CPS comes to your house they're looking to engage you in conversation, which is to gather "evidence" that they'll use against you.

If you do nothing but ask for paperwork and their card they get nothing to use!!!

A former DA told me, you can't catch a fish if it doesn't open it's mouth.

Good advice.

Best, Dan

sob900

Postby sob900 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:52 am

Dan Sullivan wrote:

Who called the police?

If CPS comes you ABSOLUTELY shouldn't let them into your home.

While they're standing outside (or if you're too upset, don't answer their knock, then they'll leave their card or a message stuck to your door), tell them you want them to send whatever information they have for you in writing so you can discuss it with your attny and THEN you'll get back to them.

DO NOT get into a discussion of anything.

You should do nothing more than ask for the info, and ask for their business card.

NOTHING ELSE!!!

Chances are that'll stop any investigation.

When CPS comes to your house they're looking to engage you in conversation, which is to gather "evidence" that they'll use against you.

If you do nothing but ask for paperwork and their card they get nothing to use!!!

A former DA told me, you can't catch a fish if it doesn't open it's mouth.

Good advice.

Best, Dan

Good advice, Dan.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:18 am

thank you all for the wonderful advice, i called the local dcf department today and they said its in receiving allegations and a caseworker should be assigned to investigate, how soon should these people show up at my door?? ty so much Im going to be relaxed and play cool. My husband and I both decided to tell them we were fighting and called police to make one of us leave. He did lie to police and said I tried to hit him, just cause he was mad. They did not believe him though. ty

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:23 am

sob900 wrote: Good advice, Dan.

Yeah, before CPS gets into a house or starts to investigate it's easy to cut them off.

After CPS is into a family, the whole approach changes.

Every case is different.

Best, Dan

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:35 am

ty for the advice, my house is clean, and my child is happy, i will not let them people take my baby

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:40 am

desperatemomma wrote:thank you all for the wonderful advice, i called the local dcf department today and they said its in receiving allegations and a caseworker should be assigned to investigate, how soon should these people show up at my door?? ty so much Im going to be relaxed and play cool. My husband and I both decided to tell them we were fighting and called police to make one of us leave. He did lie to police and said I tried to hit him, just cause he was mad. They did not believe him though. ty

Do as Dazeemay and Dan says. Do not offer them any information. Do not tell them anything, especially a lie. If they get a chance to open a case and offer you 'services', they will do it and you could be involved for months.

Get her card, answer her questions with 'Oh, really? Well, I need to talk to my attorney about that," even if you don't have one, do not let her in the house, and read the CPS manual for your state. That needs to be your bible before she gets there.

Let us know what happens, ok?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:40 am

They will take him away if you let them in around him.

Did you do the guardianship?

If you and your husband plan on talking with them then this should be done.

Dan gave you advice on what to do....DO NOT get into a discussion of anything.

NOTHING ELSE!!!

We all know from experience what can happen. They will twist you and your husbands words and make it worse.

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:47 am

i think it will be fine its like waiting for a bomb to go off i just wish they would come here already ya know

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:14 am

desperatemomma wrote:i think it will be fine its like waiting for a bomb to go off i just wish they would come here already ya know

They may not come and all your worrying would be for nothing.

Let's hope...

Best, Dan

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:28 am

i know i have my fingers crossed dan, ty again

florida999

Postby florida999 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:12 pm

im in florida to and the exact same thing happened to me....and they did take my children, the will say it was in front of the child, my daughter woke up during the arguement as well. good thing for you your child is not old enough to talk, seems to me if you and your husband say nothing happened, they really cant prove it did, however if they take your child.....it will take at least 3 months to get in front of the judge to defend yourself. hopefully you have family members that can take your child if it comes to that.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:41 pm

You are better off not saying anything to this Case Worker or Investigator, because they can twist and change your words into their own saying you are risking "future harm" to your child or you are doing it in front of the child.

Don't say anything and don't let them say you must take Services for such a little fight which is very temporary. I mean many Couples do in fact fight over money and so on.

Talk less and answer in yes or no form of answers. Do not offer long story of it. They will claim that this is a Domestic Violence and you are putting your Child in a risk of danger.

If it is just a mere fight, a normal couples fight which is very temproary which is one day, then it is over with. It is not like most Domestic Violence that would take Years of Fights, if it was Years of Fights, then yes, it is considered a risk to them, and they will remove the Child for Domestic Violence.

If it is a real Domestic Violence, and the Fights won't stop, it is best to leave the bad environment and seek shelter to protect your Child elsewhere.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:09 pm

thank you for all the kind thoughts and words, they are much appreciated. Well the cps lady did come, she was very nice. She found no probable cause of abuse, said how healthy our daughter was. And was very nice. She said it was protocol to come and investigate. She just left us some papers she said they leave everyone. Talked for a little while regular chit chat then left. She didnt say we needed counseling or anything like that. I dont think we will hear from her again, thank you again

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Still have your baby under guardianship in case they change their minds.

You need guardianship for so many things. If you were to take your baby to the hospital with a broken arm, etc. the hospital or dr. has to report it to cps and they can come and get your baby until you prove that s/he fell or whatever was the cause.

They are always polite and nice, so don't let that fool you.

When they came to our house the second time and we met them outside after the caseworker got back in the car we saw her writing something down. She was very young and pretty and nice.

The next thing we knew they showed up at our granddaughters school for the second time. The school chased them off because they have a policy stating that cps must go through the proper channels.

What I am trying to say is that you cannot let your guard down right now. Her supervisor might think otherwise and decide what her next move should be concerning you. She may have made mental notes about what she felt was wrong in your situation and never told you.

And again it may be nothing, but why take the chance. Protect your baby now.

desperatemomma

Postby desperatemomma » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:31 pm

ty i will def do that, i have my fingers crossed its over with and i am going yo put it in the back of my head but keep it close and enjoy my daughter

florida999

Postby florida999 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:29 pm

be very careful, the lady sent to me was very nice as well, or she seemed to be, didnt hear from her for a week and the next thing i now she has a cop at my door to take my kids. over domestic violence, or so she said

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:37 am

She just left us some papers she said they leave everyone.

What were the papers?

Return to “CPS Investigations”