Only cause they have more guns and money.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sob900

Only cause they have more guns and money.

Postby sob900 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:46 pm

This is a letter I wrote to the hospita where my son was born. I pretty much got a go f-u from then as a reply.

My Fiancé and I had our first child born at your paternity and newborn care center. We did a lot of research before our son was born to choose a hospital that had a good rating and was recommended by other parents. We decided to use your hospital because it was highly rated, had good word of mouth and after touring the paternity and newborn care center, felt it was a good choice to have our first child there.

The first couple of days in your hospital were very good. Every one on the staff was very professional and caring. Regrettably I am writing this letter because I feel my fiancé and I were misunderstood when I was concerned that my Fiancé might have post partum depression. I asked the nursing staff if we could have some one to help us through the stress of being first time parents and also to help my Fiancé with her post partum depression she might have. A counselor came to talk with us the next day and instead of helping us, just asked us a bunch of questions then told us he would get us some help and informed us he would contact DYFS and they would provide us with support.

We were concerned with DYFS involvement and didn’t want them involved. We were assured they would only be providing us support. (Like this taken from their web page FAMILY HELP LINE 1-800-THE KIDS 24 hours a day – 7 days a week. If you’re feeling stressed out, call the Family Help line and work through your frustrations before a crisis occurs. You’ll speak to sensitive, trained volunteers of Parents Anonymous who provide empathic listening about parenting and refer you to resources in your community.) Instead we were lied to, degraded, our past was used against us and had our son withheld from our right to be parents, because we were both tired stressed out and the delivery of our son was traumatic. A DYFS worker came to the hospital, the worker assured us and my mothers Fiancé dyfs was only going to provide us assistance and not take our son from us. The worker also never informed the staff she was there and never signed in or showed any identification.

Again we were lied to. For two days we were kept at the hospital without being informed of what was going on and kept getting the run around from administration until another DYFS worker showed up and informed us we no longer had any right to our own flesh and blood, because of a hospital nurse who told misinformation about us and a hospital psychologist who we were informed by the way, had no right to report us to DYFS without first informing the head of social services of the hospital.

What was supposed to be one of the most important times in our lives was twisted into a tragedy. We were misunderstood, mistreated, lied to, and had both of our lives severely affected and disrupted. We both felt degraded as if we were bad parents when in fact we were trying to be good parents by getting some help so we could take care of our son properly.

So now it is 18 months later and they still have me jumping through hoops.
Yup, they railroaded me, no proof no evidence. I will do what they want (for now) because my sons mom is scared they will take him away if I do what I want to (which is to just be his father).
NEVER agian will I let this happen to me or any one else if I can help it.
Dano
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin

florida999

Postby florida999 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:26 pm

im very sorry to hear of your story. postpardom depression is a very normal thing that many mothers go through. fortnuatly i never did experience it with my three children, but i know my mother did with my younger sister, and many other women have and it goes away in a fews weeks and its nothing major. unfortunatly, after the andrea yates thing (in my opinion that woman had more mental problems then just a severe case of postpartom, just my opinion) people are going to freak out now if anyone even suggest they may have postpardom depression. sad really. i hope everything works out for you all.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:42 am

How ridiculous. I'm sorry such a beautiful time was shattered by those idiots.

I will never, ever go to anyone that isn't a private doctor for any problem again. The wench that started our hell worked in a mental health clinic with a respected hospital name attached. Turned out she worked for the county!! That nugget wasn't easily available.

Sorry, sob900. :(

thia'smommy

post pardom depression

Postby thia'smommy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 am

Hey,

Are they going to take away Brooke Sheilds New Baby , She admitted to having post pardom with her son.

And make her and her husband jump thru needless hoops?

I doubt it.

Thanks

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:03 pm

This is not an uncommon thing. I avoid anyone in my family going to the doctor and have avoided care in the past for PPD because of issues like this. Your case isn't uncommon sadly and I hope that doctors realise that by treating their patients in this way that they are preventing care rather than helping.
I have even gone to the extent of getting an RN and learning herbology to care for my family. For any mental health issues we have gone to the church and have been recieved with care and love. In many cases that might be your best alternative. Many churches offer mental health help and counseling that is free. I know at our church they have many social services that are free or low cost and not just for families that come to our church but to the commnity as well. They have many services there and it doesn't involve the state.
Hopefully this helps.

Return to “CPS Investigations”