What is "deplorable conditions" anyways?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ngsm7605

What is "deplorable conditions" anyways?

Postby ngsm7605 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:22 am

New to this site, I have been reading for awhile now though.

Id like to know what "deplorable conditions" is? I always hear people say "clean your home top to bottom, spic n span" if you think CPS is coming. That leads me to believe that "deplorable" conditions might actually mean a few toys laying around, bed unmade, dishes in sink, that kind of thing?

Because there are always toys laying around my house, always a few dirty dishes, that kind of thing. Is that abuse? I always worry someone would call CPS on me because of my messy house (it's not THAT messy)

Sadly we bought a house in a very strange neighborhood where people like to call CPS all the time, usually for messy and unclean houses.

So how clean must my house stay?
Mom to 3

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:37 am

Unfortunately, CPS uses this bogus excuse to rip children out of their homes and destroy families. They're often left to open interpretation as to what "deplorable" means. In some cases, it could mean dirty laundry piled on the floor or even one toy left around. To me, deplorable should only mean any condition that can cause harm to children, which is often a very rare situation.

Even when a home is deemed to be "deplorable", it should not mean an automatic seizure of a child. Virtually any home condition can be repaired, usually very quickly. Such a condition should be remedied by perhaps temporarily housing the entire family in a safe environment and returning them once the home is fixed. CPS is mandated by law to provide services to families in need of services and this is just the situation where they should do just that.

Unfortunately, in the real world, they abuse any condition and use it as an excuse to destroy people for profit.

Your best bet is to NEVER LET THEM IN YOUR HOME without a warrant or court order and you have the Constitutionally protected right to prevent them from entering your home, based on the 4th Amendment.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:54 am

Your next best bet is to have a guardianship for your children to protect you from the nosey cps calling neighbors.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1103
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

ngsm7605

Postby ngsm7605 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:17 am

I think that is what has me so worried. That anytime a neighbor (or anyone else) wants to call CPS they could over a few toys on the floor, and then the worker would actually think it was abuse! That is so scary to me.

I try to keep my home spotless because of that. Sad! :cry:
Mom to 3

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 am

Bob_Lynn wrote:Unfortunately, CPS uses this bogus excuse to rip children out of their homes and destroy families. They're often left to open interpretation as to what "deplorable" means. In some cases, it could mean dirty laundry piled on the floor or even one toy left around. To me, deplorable should only mean any condition that can cause harm to children, which is often a very rare situation.

Even when a home is deemed to be "deplorable", it should not mean an automatic seizure of a child. Virtually any home condition can be repaired, usually very quickly. Such a condition should be remedied by perhaps temporarily housing the entire family in a safe environment and returning them once the home is fixed. CPS is mandated by law to provide services to families in need of services and this is just the situation where they should do just that.

Unfortunately, in the real world, they abuse any condition and use it as an excuse to destroy people for profit.

Your best bet is to NEVER LET THEM IN YOUR HOME without a warrant or court order and you have the Constitutionally protected right to prevent them from entering your home, based on the 4th Amendment.

I second what Bob said. Never let them in without a warrant. And do not forget, even warrants can be contested. If you can afford an attorney, consult with them first.

As for "deplorable conditions". it is entirely open ended. Basically, this is a means of criminalizing poverty, as many truly "deplorable" conditions exist not because of the parent, but because of slumlords and the fact that moving to a better place is cost prohibitive for a low income wage earner. In one place where I lived, we found out at that there was actually an open sewage pipe in the basement. We moved out of that home quickly, but had CPS intervened, we, not the landlord, would have been considered at fault for that condition. It's one of the most tragic examples of the abuses of CPS when they will spend tens of thousands of dollars to remove a child from "deplorable conditions", but won't spend hundreds to CORRECT them instead.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 am

I think that is what has me so worried. That anytime a neighbor (or anyone else) wants to call CPS they could over a few toys on the floor, and then the worker would actually think it was abuse! That is so scary to me.

You have to gain knowledge about them to get rid of the fear. When you take steps to protect your family you already have the ammunition to prevent them from coming in your house.

Our family was very fearful, but once we started taking steps to fight them we gained confidence. Those steps included taking the knowledge that everyone had on this board and applied them to our case and ourselves. The second time they called on us we were prepared and they backed off. They did not want to tangle with people who knew their rights.

Some have taken an written down a plan of action; that is a proactive step and helps give you confidence.

First thing to do before they come is to list what you need to do and want to do to protect yourself from them. As you read make that list.

My first thing on the list would be to do a guardianship. The next thing I would do is decide who needs those guardianship papers in your childrens files. Daycare, school, etc.

Next thing on the list would be to get to know your constituional rights and your parental rights.

Next thing what will you do if they come knocking on your door. What plan of action are you going to take.

This is a smart move you are making by knowing beforehand what to do. Not everyone comes to the board before they knock it is always after they knock

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:54 pm

I am going through this right now. they say that it is anything they deem unsafe or unsanitary like anything on the floor, dishes in the sink, butter uncovered in your fridge, fruit in a bowl on the table. Yes all of that. In my case they have even gotten down to them wanting me to rip out all the carpet in my house and replace with hardwoods, they want me to get new furniture and mattresses, they do a smell test too, no pets in the house, replacing my curtains and repainting to "modernize" it. Oh yeah they went on a power trip and just to comply I am about $15K in debt. I was told if I don't comply then I will have a warrant for my arrest and the kids will be gond before I am even notified. They even do smell checks on my kids at school and ask if they had their vitamins and pills they are requiring my son to be on.
They didn't think my house was updated enough so we have been busy tiling the bathrooms and laying more hardwood. We even knocked down a wall so that we can increase the visibility of the children if they were in the next room.
Oh yeah they get picky and one phone call can do this weather or not it is valid.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:45 am

ldsmama5,

I was told if I don't comply then I will have a warrant for my arrest and the kids will be gond before I am even notified

They are playing on your lack of knowledge about your rights.

Do a guardianship and watch them run. They would have to take you to court and they are not about to do that because they would have to get a warrant and it is a legal document.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1103

https://www.legaldocs.com/docs/rev_child1.mv

Parents need to get brave in doing this. Believe me once we showed them our guardianship papers they never came back. Protect your children and yourself and get them out of your lives.

For the present moment they can't touch you. I am sure as they see how many parents catch onto this they will legislate something in the future to take that away from us too.

But, for now this is our "trump card" we have the means to win over them.

Momoffor

Re: What is "deplorable conditions" anyways?

Postby Momoffor » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:55 pm

ngsm7605 wrote:Id like to know what "deplorable conditions" is? I always hear people say "clean your home top to bottom, spic n span" if you think CPS is coming. That leads me to believe that "deplorable" conditions might actually mean a few toys laying around, bed unmade, dishes in sink, that kind of thing?

It means immaculate, and even then there are no promises that the social worker wont go back and lie and say that yes the house was filthy. But what you hear is true. Even kids toys can be called cluttered and unsafe.

I was told my house was unsafe for a toddler or infant and that if I had a toddler or infant they would have to be removed. This was over marbles, legos ect that were on the floor in my sons rooms. Well DUH!!! I dont have a toddler or infant but yet in the report it was listed that my home was deplorable. That charge was dropped extremely fast due to their own 'proof'. The pictures that they took of my house showed pristine white appliances, and pristine white furniture throughout my house, as well as an empty sink.

Then you have the other hand, the possibility they can show up and say that you are showing little or no concern over your children and keep all of your attention on keeping your home spotless, therefore you must have some sort of mental disorder.

Bottom line:
Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:19 pm

I have heard one case they went against Parent for just being OCD, Obsessive Control Disorder, whatever. They say that OCD Parent is too much for the Child.

They go on just about ANYTHING to get the Funds. They went against me on "invisible Emotional Harm" that does not even exist.
They almost goes on most ridiculous things like hair not being brushed deemed as neglect. I can see that the Kids just came out of Bed in the Morning and CPS went on that for neglect?

Pretty silly, Childish and absurd if you might say so. They always jump to premature decision of opening their cases to prove their point. Sometimes, they take it too far with Investigation, picking from Hair not being brushed to SOMETHING ELSE~!

That is why it is important to get the first allegation to begin with, because they change over time so it is imperative to stick with the original allegations. They always goes on their lists, number 1 then number 2, then number 3 then number 4 then number 5 and strike down number 1 as unimportant because they found something more delicious than the previous one. That is how they work. :roll:

Criminal Charges, they don't change. They stick to the charges and stick with it. That is why I love Criminal Courts. Family Courts are corrupt with too many flaws and not sticking to its cases. It is all over the place. It should be called Whacko Court, or Kangroo Court because they always jump one thing to another.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Greegor

""Deplorable Conditions""

Postby Greegor » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:58 pm

A common label CPS uses to bogus up cases
is "messy house". My family had that used on us.
We had clutter in a Mobile Home, which is
extremely common. The label is often used
like a code within the agencies meaning
"we don't have anything, find something!".

It's the main "catch all" label they use.

The beauty of it for them is that when people
hear "messy house" they don't think CLUTTER,
they think it's a GARBAGE HOUSE, a sanitation hazard.

Please read my post in a 4th Amendment
Search Warrant thread where I further explain
that it is IMPOSSIBLE to clean your home to
their standards because THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!

One basic requirement for any service
or requirement on a services plan is that the
service must be POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE.
You can't meet a goal that simply does not exist.

Personally I think that they don't have any
STANDARDS for a home inspection because if they
did, some would be easily RIDICULED and
some of us would be demanding that they
be applied to caseworker and foster homes.

If they HAD such standards it would remove the
caseworkers ability to "fudge" however they wanted!

Return to “CPS Investigations”