Respite care

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

grandmatotwingles

Respite care

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:03 am

Anyone know anything about it?

My daughters CPS worker is really pushing her to use this service as a babysitting service. The CPS worker even thinks my daughter should start leaving her kids for the weekends at a care facility "in Detroit" :shock: so she can "go out" . The worker also wants my daughter to use this service in her homse. (they come to the home and babysit)

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 am

They're setting you up. It's a trick. No matter what any pro-goons here say, it's a setup. I guarantee you they'll interrogate the child(ren) and search for bruises or anything else. It's also possible that the goon is trying to secure the funds as well as make themselves look good by getting their numbers.

I WOULD NOT DO THIS. It's a setup.
bcbc films
bcbcfilms.8m.com

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:26 am

This is what our daughter did. She was encouraged to use their programs and she only used one Theraputic Respite Care.

Now we are on this board helping others to know what not to do.

DON'T DO IT!!!

We did it and nearly lost our granddaughter.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:43 am

What is Theraputic Respite Care? Is that a counciling service?

My daughter has told the worker NO and so have I. But she is really pushing for my daughter to just use it.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:33 am

Theraputic Respite care is for children who are ill so that the parent/s can have a break from their child/ren's illness.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:27 am

It is a ruse and a fake comment. It never exist. They DO NOT have a Baby sitting services. I even asked my CPS about this, because I was stressed out because my Son has ADHD< ODD whatever...and my CPS Counsellor told me they don't have baby sitting services. She said "well you would have to hire a baby sitter on your own, we don't do that here."

You see? She is just fishing you and it is a con. Don't do it. You even might have a Spy going in your house to see if there is an actual abuse or neglect.

My CPS Counsellor TOLD ME that there is NO baby sitting services from CPS Agency. She told me I would have to do it on my own...."there is nothing we can do, we don't do this kind of services, we are a Children Protection Agency, we are not Baby Sitters." That is what she said.

There is a different non-profit Agency that does that kind of stuff, I forget what name it was, it was like a Nanny service. Gosh, I forgot the name. I will try to think of a name, but most Day Care Services does these kind of stuff.

YOU HAVE TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN! Get a private Baby sitter ON YOUR OWN, and research to make sure the baby sitter is not CPS worker or associated to CPS Agency.

We got our own Baby sitter, we would use our Parents to baby sit, or often we have a Baby sitter down the road, she baby sit many Children and she has ADHD Grandchild herself so she knows how to handle my Son. So you need a qualified Baby sitter that knows how to handle difficult children.

I never heard from my own CPS Worker that says that there is a baby sitter service, I am surprised that your's even brought it up, because I asked my own, and she said No. Maybe yours in USA are different than mine, as I live in Canada, it might be different services that CPS Agency offers, but ALL OF THEIR SERVICES ARE A SCAM! Don't do THEIR SERVICES, GET YOUR PRIVATE SERVICES like from March of Dimes or other Organization like United Way. But remember Untied Way is associated with CPS. :roll: Just gotta do research on Organizations like that.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:00 am

Well I talked to my daughter this morning after reading your posts. Come to find out she IS using the repite care. She said what she does is have her BFs sister watch the kids. The sister fills out the paper work and my daughter gets a check once a month to pay her for babysitting.

I think my daugher is very stupid at this point. She told me to stop reading this site cuz you're all just scaring me..... when CPS is "helping" her get the help her 4 yr old needs.

I'm at a loss.... I guess all I can do is sit here and pray CPS doesn't take her children.

anyway.... I found this site on repite care:
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents ... 4476-6.htm

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:40 pm

This "respite care" is a reimbursement for a
babysitter, used mostly for foster parents
who care for kids who are severely challenged,
so they can take a break, vacation, etc.

I've heard only a little about parents of
such hard to care for kids getting checks
to pay for special needs babysitting.

Getting the checks to pay a RELATIVE is
interesting and sounds less like it's
under state control. I'd be asking the
relative to let me know if the state is
poking their nose in much!

Does the relative have to sign an agreement
to let CPS walk in anytime they want?

Is the child in question disabled or hard
to supervise?

I thought this "respite care" thing was
only for fosters or parents with REALLY
bad situations like AIDS, severe autism, etc.??

Is it being used for regular healthy kids?

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:18 pm

Greegor, It's not a relative it's her boy friends sister, so no relation. My daughter isn't leaving the house though, so the lady is kinda babysitting/helping with my daugher still at home. My daughter has twin boys that will be 3 in a week and then the 4 yr old. My daughter won't leave the kids with anyone anymore except their dad and me. She sometimes will leave the twins with her boyfriend for a little bit but not the 4 yr old.

Yes the boy has some bad behaviour issues. He is ADHD, or OCD, or ODD or Bipolar.... or what ever the shrink says he is that week :roll: He's been kicked out of 2 day cares, and my daughter gets called from school to pick him up at least once a week. He's on 3 meds right now.

The twins are are typical 3 yr old boys, where the 4 yr old is self abusive and abusive to animals and other people.

I don't know about the lady having to sign any papers, but I'll ask my daughter when I talk to her and let you know.

HopesKiss30

Postby HopesKiss30 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Respite care is used usually by a single parent.

My oldest son has some hearing problems, ADHD, OCD, and ODD so First Steps: which is like parents with teachers in some areas, anyhow you are allowed like 18 hours a month so you can take a break from your kids.

There is funding set aside to pay your babysitter not only through CPS, but other self help programs guys....chill out.

Respite babysitters are paid by you and then you are reimbursed for the payment. The paperwork goes to whoever is funding it for you. Which if you use it properly a good bath a moment to stop and read a book can easily prevent you from going beserk.

I have used it and many other mothers with First Steps have used it, with no problems.

"Does the relative have to sign an agreement
to let CPS walk in anytime they want?"

No, they don't. CPS does not have any right to walk in your house at any time. You are by law able to ask that you receive a letter certified 7 days in advance for an appointment in the office or in home your choice.

"I thought this "respite care" thing was
bad situations like AIDS, severe autism, etc.?? "

Nope your average day mother or parent can get this through other self help programs.

"Is it being used for regular healthy kids?"

Depends on if you are involved with other self help programs in your area and if they offer these services.

HopesKiss30

Postby HopesKiss30 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Respite care is used usually by a single parent.

My oldest son has some hearing problems, ADHD, OCD, and ODD so First Steps: which is like parents with teachers in some areas, anyhow you are allowed like 18 hours a month so you can take a break from your kids.

There is funding set aside to pay your babysitter not only through CPS, but other self help programs guys....chill out.

Respite babysitters are paid by you and then you are reimbursed for the payment. The paperwork goes to whoever is funding it for you. Which if you use it properly a good bath a moment to stop and read a book can easily prevent you from going beserk.

I have used it and many other mothers with First Steps have used it, with no problems.

"Does the relative have to sign an agreement
to let CPS walk in anytime they want?"

No, they don't. CPS does not have any right to walk in your house at any time. You are by law able to ask that you receive a letter certified 7 days in advance for an appointment in the office or in home your choice.

"I thought this "respite care" thing was
bad situations like AIDS, severe autism, etc.?? "

Nope your average day mother or parent can get this through other self help programs.

"Is it being used for regular healthy kids?"

Depends on if you are involved with other self help programs in your area and if they offer these services.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Is that the same Boyfriend that supposedly and alleged to having hit the Boy but it was the baby gate hitting his face?

CPS is going to look at the Sister just like at the boyfriend...they always say that the siblings or from that same family has the same trait. Again, this is what CPS would think but you know what truly happened which was the baby gate and he was a head banger. You bet CPS is going to keep a close watch on all of this....I don't know how it helps having the Sister coming in except the fact CPS will be in there keeping close tabs all the time...

My Son has ADHD ADD supposedly diagnosed by CPS Doctor, but my own Doctor says he only has O.D.D. and CPS only said we require Counselling for it (Family Counselling) but other than that, nothing else is required. That's it. We are on our own, except if we screw up and he is gone. CPS loves these kind of stuff, cos the Children with Special Needs costs more to the State Government. 1/2 of the Children diagonsed with ADHD ADD< ODD and other disorders are currently in Foster Care System right now.

I do feel your pain and surely I really hope for her sake, that they won't take this boy away based on that alone...I hope she gets to keep him after the fact. I don't know, we will see what else she is required to do? Seems like she had everything covered since he is on medications...etc...etc...I guess we shall wait and see how things goes and hopefully the Case will be closed soon. We all can keep our fingers crossed is all we can do.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

HopesKiss30

Postby HopesKiss30 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:11 pm

Frustrated wrote:My Son has ADHD ADD supposedly diagnosed by CPS Doctor, but my own Doctor says he only has O.D.D. and CPS only said we require Counselling for it (Family Counselling) but other than that, nothing else is required.

According to my son's phsycologist ODD (Oppositional Defient Disorder) is a part of the ADHD. They fall hand in hand supposedly. Which also means counseling for an extended amount of time, atleast until he learns how to deal with it as he ages and then still can be on medicine for life.

He was diagnosed at the age of 4 and is now almost 6.

Of course my son's is an extreme case treated with Risperdal, which is for split personalities. Yes, you read it right he goes from the most loving child one minute and then turns into a hateful little thing for something so minut as walking past his doorway.

Clonidine, for night terrors, to help him sleep.

Straterra for the ADHD.

The family counseling was most likely odered so your family can learn to deal with it in your day to day lives. Ask your family counselor for an outside agency recommendation to like first steps or parents with teachers who can help your son try to control his thoughts. They work wonders.

HopesKiss30

Postby HopesKiss30 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:11 pm

Frustrated wrote:My Son has ADHD ADD supposedly diagnosed by CPS Doctor, but my own Doctor says he only has O.D.D. and CPS only said we require Counselling for it (Family Counselling) but other than that, nothing else is required.

According to my son's phsycologist ODD (Oppositional Defient Disorder) is a part of the ADHD. They fall hand in hand supposedly. Which also means counseling for an extended amount of time, atleast until he learns how to deal with it as he ages and then still can be on medicine for life.

He was diagnosed at the age of 4 and is now almost 6.

Of course my son's is an extreme case treated with Risperdal, which is for split personalities. Yes, you read it right he goes from the most loving child one minute and then turns into a hateful little thing for something so minut as walking past his doorway.

Clonidine, for night terrors, to help him sleep.

Straterra for the ADHD.

The family counseling was most likely odered so your family can learn to deal with it in your day to day lives. Ask your family counselor for an outside agency recommendation to like first steps or parents with teachers who can help your son try to control his thoughts. They work wonders.

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Frustrated,

Is that the same Boyfriend that supposedly and alleged to having hit the Boy but it was the baby gate hitting his face?

Yes it is. And it was that they suspected he pulled on his ear not hit him.

what else she is required to do?

Everything you can imagine.
Her, her bf and the 4yr old had to get psyc evauations. Only I don't know if the bf ever got it done. They sent my daughter for a second one.. I don't know why, with the same therapist yet. He actually got mad cuz he already did the evaluation, he refused to do another.

The 4yr old had to get into see a therapist, but the one we got wasn't good enough. CPS required he see one of "their" therapists, which he is seeing now. They also required that my daughter sign papers that "all and anything" discussed at those sessions be given to the CPS lady..... same with my daughters therapist.

My daughter had to take parenting classes... twice. The bf once. Now mind you my daughter had asked the pediatrition for help with the 4 yr old right after the twins were born (long story there) The pediatrition told her where to call, she did, she went. When she got there she found it was for infants. She didn't need help with infants she needed help with the older boy. (yep he was a hand full since he started crawling) When she didn't go back that place called her and said "if you sign up, you HAVE to come or we will report you". Well she never went back. (this was before CPS was even called in)

My daughter has to go to counciling, A CPS one. The CPS lady says my daughter crys to much. ummm yep she cries every time the lady threatens to take her kids.

The 4 yr old had to have blood work, see an allergist, get on medication... I can't remember what else right now.

When my daughter was on the midnight shift the boys had to sleep here and not be left with the bf. When she got on the day shift the boys could sleep back at home. Now she's laid off. ..... but now the CPS lady said she never said the kids couldn't be left with the bf??? (she's a little nuts I think)

She had to apply for Social security disability for the 4 yr old.... yep you read that right. :shock: He has been approved..... you don't want to know my oppinion on that... :twisted:

She had to give me power of attorney over the 4 yr olds medical.

She had to have families first in her house twice. Each time was a 28 day everyday, for 4 hours a day thing. CPS didnt' like the first workers report so they sent another one. I posted about that here somewhere.

After families first she got an in home visit once a week from some lady... from where I don't know... the last visit was this week, that lady said she is closing the case.

There might be more.... hummm I'm having a brain fart 8)

HopesKiss30....... ADHD and ODD do not go hand in hand. An ADHDer might have ODD, or an ODDer may have ADHD. Doesn't mean they have both. From my understanding talking to a friend who is a therapist... ODD is kind of a diagnosis when a therapist really has no idea what's going on. ADHDer are compulsive, and they act before they think, they also can't pay attention. They are very distracted by their surroundings. ADHD/ADD also tends to run in families. An ODDer does not fit that pattern. An ODDer is pretty much difiant and doesn't obey or respect athourity, it doesn't have the runs in families conection. (need help with an ADHDer I recomend webmd.com the childrens ADD/ADHD message board)

My grandson is just like that..... and can be mean to boot. He is also on Risperdal, adderall, and I forget the other one. It's a mood stabalizer.

Boy I wish there was a spell checker here... sorry I'm a lousy speller :oops:

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:25 am

Gramma to Gramma:

Dont let it happen.

I lost the kids because of this respite care deal the social worker shoved down my daughters throat.

And NOW my daughter lost them also.
Broken hearted Grandma needs help

Return to “CPS Investigations”