"Qualified" Child Protective Case Workers

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Maine Mom

"Qualified" Child Protective Case Workers

Postby Maine Mom » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:40 am

I am very new to all of this. I need major help. The women that went to get the Preliminary Petition signed by a judge DID NOT meet the legal requirements in my state authorizing her to be a child protective case worker. She misrepresented herself to a judge. DHHS covered her actions and gave her a job (as a child protective caseworker) the day before the Summary Hearing (14 days after she/they removed my children). How do I gain access to employment records or records that prove this happened???? Can anybody give me some thoughts or feedback? Post a message or email me (at my my mom's email) if you have extended thoughts [email protected]

THANKS

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:59 am

Note this is not legal advice, just opinion.

You can file an appeal with the higher court. In your appeal you can state grounds for belief that the caseworker is unqualified and state why.

It's unclear by your post how you know for sure this person is not qualified. You may want to e-mail this person "cath halash" in the forum below who is well versed in procuring caseworker qualifications. You may have to join that Yahoo group to access her Group e-mail (sorry I don't have her personal e-mail address).
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/na ... ionreform/

Dan Sullivan

Re: "Qualified" Child Protective Case Workers

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:06 pm

Maine Mom wrote:I am very new to all of this. I need major help. The women that went to get the Preliminary Petition signed by a judge

<<<snip>>>

Can anybody give me some thoughts or feedback? Post a message or email me (at my my mom's email) if you have extended thoughts [email protected]

THANKS

What state are you in?

When were your children removed?

What was the allegation?

Have you rec'd any paperwork from CPS yet?

Have they given you a reunification plan?

Or any other kind of plan?

Have you signed anything for CPS?

Best, Dan

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:58 pm

How could the woman be unqualified
and how could dhhs "cover her" and make
her qualified?

In most states they barely require a high school education.

How could any agency instantly make somebody
legally qualified?

Certainly very puzzling, downright bizarre.

Give us more to go on.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:12 pm

Maine Mom's name implies the state of Maine.
The agency there is called DHS not DHHS, maybe
her finger bounced on the keyboard?
Or did the Federal DHHS step into this one?

redneckdad

Postby redneckdad » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:33 pm

you need subpoena from your attorney to get any kinda records from this CPS.

With this subpoena, also you can get all the medical records from the doctor or kids psychiatric that you can hold for yourself.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:28 pm

Yes that is another way.

I was told by CPS/CFS by Letter that I must get a subponea from my Lawyer in order to get these CPS Records. I will do so as they won't give it to me per request and I have went the other route which was Director of Social Services, I was told no.

I guess something is pretty heavy in these cases, or they made alot of mistakes and have cover ups, and they don't want us to see it. That is because I got the case dismissed by a Judge in Criminal Court and CPS/CFS refused to get the record off the paper work. They left it in there and plus they left our names in Abuse Registry regardless of dismissed cases.

They are so corrupted so that is why they don't want you to see the case reports. They don't want you to find out that they have "an agenda" which are YOUR Children! They like to use these Children for Funding Purposes and keep it going. They said they are keeping the case open and it has been NINE months! The allegations? It was Emotional Harm. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:32 pm

I am fascinated by the strategy about getting the
agency records.

When I get those, what should I look for?

What kind of smoking gun screwups have
people found when they cracked open
the agency case file (not the court case)?

I'm expecting most of it to be the idiotic
quarterly reports that pander to the agency.

What kinds of USEFUL information have
people discovered by gaining access to
the agency case file?

They don't keep handwritten notes do they?

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:38 pm

I know of one case where the file was accidentally given to a CPS victim and they discovered a clear case of forgery and fraud.

In our case, they refused to give us our file even though we demanded our case file citing CPS law that they are mandated to abide by. I guess there's some good stuff in there for us to discover. I can hardly wait until our attorney subpoenas all that good stuff. I'm just wondering what will be "missing".

Maine Mom

Postby Maine Mom » Sat May 06, 2006 10:35 am

To All Of You That Have Posted Replies:

How do I know the worker was unqualified?
A few strokes on a computer keyboard on the States Website provides access to policy, definitions, state employee training records and state licensure requirement etcetera etcetera. Based on the information I was able to get from the State Website I was able to cross check with other State Regulatory Agencies

The long and the short is that the State's records also contain employee identification codes (job description codes) and the state training website contains the description of who fits into what code and how.

The bottom line is she didn't meet the state statute or poilicy definitions of what constitutes an authorized agent of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services on the night she presented the PPO to a judge for signature. 14 days later we went to Summary Hearing #1--the State delayed (unknown reasoning)and the hearing was rescheduled becasue the judge did not have time to hear the case. The following day the State sent her to New Employee Orientation as a CP caseworker. The day after that we went to Summary Hearing # 2 and she got onto the stand and raised her right hand and swore she was a Child Protective Caseworker

BTW--There was also a femail employee who logged into their systems and accessed info on me and my family. She needed appropriate licensure to do so. Interestingly enough the day the PPO was filed with the courts, this woman was granted a conditional SW license which requires, in Maine, a fully licensed supervisor--Supervisor listed was none other then the area program administrator for CPS.

FYI--if anyone wants help accessing their State's 'public' information via websites email [email protected]

An Appeal in this State takes 9 months to get docketed. At this rate I will be at Jeopardy Hearing next month.

The State of Maine does require licensure for those people/person's working in CPS whether they are children's services caseworkers, child protective assessment workers etc.

I don't know about any state other then Maine--but here, DHHS (name changed w/in last few years) is required to keep everything in a specific access restricted computer. Those records (inMaine) do not require a subpeopna. They are considered Discovery.

To Whomever Has Info On Fraud and Forgery:
Got that too--can prove it. Computer records like what Maine uses are just Contact Information Programs (like ACT or Goldmine). Dates are so easily changed its not funny.

I have a friend in CPS in another section of the state. She accessed my file 2 days after kids were removed. I don't know what she saw. All she said was "My my, this appears to be very incomplete." Subpeona for her. Truth will be told.

I have Discovery through March 30--one of the entries (stupid DHHS) was made on a Sunday afternoon. People if you get Discovery check their dates with a calendar.

Irregardless of what I have and what I've done, I am always looking for more info on where to look for fraud and forgery.

To The List of Questions Dan Asked:
I am in Maine. My children were removed at 10:16 p.m on March 21st, 2006. The allegations are that I failed to protect them from their father (my husband) who has a major mental illness. Since I pushed for a Summary Hearing (thank god) the judge defined the jeopardy and the State can't add to it.

Paperwork from CPS? Imagine. They have put almost nothing in writing. My paperwork to CPS? Everything that comes out of their mouth I put in writing "just as a follow up". I've written 18 letters to document conversations and meetings--they've responded to 2.

The judge required a reunification plan to be filed with the court by DHHS by April 15. It still hasn't been filed.

They have presented me with a very vague family plan that had no clear measures of progress and a cruddy visitatation/opportunity for contact with the children provision, which they want my signature on. I won't sign anything w/o my lawyers okay--he hasn't given it yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I hope this helps you all to give me more information!!!
Melissa

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat May 06, 2006 11:05 am

Your lawyer needs to let you file two forms and if he doesn't you tell them this your the lives of your children and not his.

The reason for the two forms is to get your full side of the story in court because you cannot do it at their drive thru hearings.

The forms are Declaration of Facts and Objections and Corrections. It's imperative you do this as early as you can. If you don't your side does not get presented until cps presents everything first. Which is to their benefit. This means your children will be in state hands longer. You need to hit them right off with these forms.

Now when to file them is debateable. If you file them too early then they can add to their petition. But, you can get that petition from your lawyer and do another O C form.

The judge needs to see your side as soon as s/he can. All they ever do is listen to cps side. Which then builds the case more against you and the judges thoughts will lean more towards them.

Another reason you need to file them is in case you sue your whole side will be presented. Once your case is closed you cannot bring up any other issues.

If the judge still does not hear your side you still have all of your facts filed in court.

Here is a link to the forms.

www.geocities.com/whosyurmamma/start.html
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “CPS Investigations”