CPS again/still

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

grandmatotwingles

CPS again/still

Postby grandmatotwingles » Mon May 22, 2006 9:21 am

The psy-doc that CPS has my daughter seeing suggest my daughter take my grandson back to the psy-hospital and have his meds adjusted. He said he felt my grandson is on the wrong meds for what is going on with him.

My daughter took him back to the hospital. this is his second time there. They kept him 4 days, adjusted the med. My daughter and I had a meeting with the doc from the hospital. I didnt' care much for him, he was very old and all he talked about was past cases.

Anyway, today another CPS worker shows up at my daughters house. The hospital called them and said they feel my grandson is a threat to his little brothers. (He's 4 1/2 the twins are 3)

Sooooo here she goes again/more. :cry:

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon May 22, 2006 9:30 am

Is that the same Daughter that thinks you are just being paranoid and all that? and to stay away from this Site?

Well, she has to learn from her mistakes, and she has to learn to live with this intrusion, and more poking around from CPS, she will get more like these. She will know that you are right.

I don't know what you can do from there, since the Hospital called them, and maybe he is a danger to the other siblings. Usually CPS will offer the Boy to be warded in the Psch. Ward, and stay there. That is what CPS told me to put my Son into. CPS most likely will offer more Services as usual. Or they might offer to seperate the Boy away from the Siblings, which means he has to be cared for by some one else but the Mother can still see the Child. Perhaps to a Relative. I know you don't want this Child. But what choices are there? The Mother needs to be there 24/7 to watch the Boy to make sure there are no risks of harm to the other Siblings. But as I remember, she is working, so that would make it impossible to do so.

I remember you mentined that the Boyfriend's Sister is watching him? Is she watching him closely? :shock: Was there a Respite Care that you mentioned? What happened to that?

I do feel for your pain, and it is never ending dilemma with no solutions. I know as my Son and I am struggling with all of this, and that's why I am stay at home 24/7 and I can't work as I have to watch him very closely.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Mon May 22, 2006 10:37 am

Yep same daughter. My daughter has requested help from Judsen, (not sure if I spelled that right). It's similar to famlies first, they work together.

No my daughter is not working anymore. She got laid off due to missing to many days for all the running around CPS made her do. I don't know what she'll do when her unemployment runs out.

CPS made her file for SSD for the 4 yr old. He was excepted and she is getting checks from them now.

The boy friends sister watches him, but my daughter is still in the home. She doesn't leave she just gets help.

You're right it seems no matter what my daughter does it isn't good enough for CPS. The needs help and my daughter will take all the help she can get. But it's like to many cooks in the kitchen, none of these CPS professional agee on what the "right" thing for him is.

Is your son ADHD too?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm

CPS diagnosed my Son with ADHD< PTSD, ADD, ODD, etc...etc...at least 7 disorders.

While my own Doctor say he has O.D.D. Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

Yes, I can relate to your Story, there is not enough Help out there for my Son either. It is technically "do yourselfer", most of the time anyways. I had to get Family Counselling on my own and he gets CPS Counsellor who would say "How's everything?" every Tuesdays. That's about it. There were no help from her either.

It is all Hard Work and close Watch which paid off. He is not on Medications, it is just constant watch and you have to stay with him at all times. It is constant reminders to tell him to have good manners, on good behaviors, and consquences, and taking his priviledges away does work sometimes. He would have meltdowns and having a Fit once in a while, he is 12 yrs old. I noticed when he gets older, it does minimize his disorder some what and I watch what kind of food he eats. He has to stay away from Sugar Foods, Chocolates, and certain foods. I had to register him into Sports to allow him vent all his energy out and it works wonder.

It is the Hard work that paid off and constant supervision is what your Daughter needs to do. Staying on top of it at all times. I know it is time consuming and exhausting. It is worse when they are younger, but when they get older, it does somewhat minimize the effects. Looks like the Mother has about 10 Years to deal with this. What she needs is alot of Support and Encouragement and not to give up, and Strength and Faith to pull through all of this hardship.

I will keep you and your Daughter, and the Family in my Prayers. I know it is frustrating, but do know that you don't have to give up for something that is so hard to begin with. It is all about patience and control.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”