What I am going to do about my daughters "dirty" c

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav'swife

What I am going to do about my daughters "dirty" c

Postby kdddav'swife » Wed May 31, 2006 9:52 am

Okay, I think I have found a solution. I am going to buy them "school only" clothes that they will ONLY wear to school and they will change into thier play clothes the minute they get home. Up until this year I never really bothered with buying a bunch of new school clothes since I have four kids in school. If what they had in thier closets still fit and looked decent okay then they could wear them.

Not this year. Since her teacher is being so nitpicky about her whites not being whiter than white I am going to have to spend money for the new school clothes if I cannot find anything immaculate enough in the second hand stores.Before this I was never one of those mothers who forced thier kids to change thier clothes as soon as school was out but not anymore.

As for my washing machine, well it is about nine years old. We got it less than a year after we had our last child. I guess it is time to replace it seeing as how it is not washing as well after cleaning 15 or so loads of laundry a week for nine years. Right now I handwash whatever it does not get out but i still thought I was sending her to school in clean clothes.

I am hoping to get a new machine by the end of the year.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

ngsm7605

Postby ngsm7605 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:00 am

How horrible that the teacher is paying attention to how white your daughters clothes are. That is ridiculous, and makes me want to give her a peice of my mind! How dare she!

Perhaps you should call her up and tell her what a big fata$$ she has, or how bad her hair looks, that she stinks, of course they would get you for harassment probably, but it's okay for them to harass you about crap like that. That's the kind of world we live in tho.

Im sorry you have to deal with such ignorant people :cry:
Mom to 3

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Wed May 31, 2006 10:15 am

Yeah and since she is severely autistic she is not the neatest person by nature. This is an ESE teacher who should realize this.She gets stains and spots on her clothes all the time and some come out easily and some do not.At least her clothes get washed.It is not like she is runing around in filthy clothes all the time.

One thing I can never accuse this teacher of though is having a fat @#$. She is way too skinny. Having a fat @#$ myself I would probobly choose something else like having half a brain.LOL.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

thiasmommy

Postby thiasmommy » Wed May 31, 2006 4:05 pm

kddavs wife,

I have a suggestion.

What size is your daughter?

What if we all send you an outfit for your daughter for school since your money is tight?

It would not cost us ( the many people here ) to pick up a nice clean new outfit or a nice outfit from the many thrift shops here.

As you know I am only a few counties away from u.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks
Dennise

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed May 31, 2006 5:50 pm

Now I think back and can't believe that she would look inside of her underwear? Would that constitute Sexual Abuse or some form of abuse? I would think so. Because she LOOKED INSIDE. If there are spots on her chest, that would be understandable and that's nothing to be nitpicky about. She should know that she is Autistic! How ridiculous it can get that she claims that she is dirty? She is AUTISTIC! I would encourgage you to sue her on grounds of Discrimination, try and file your case with Human Rights Commission ASAP!

I would do it in an instant because what she made comments are just plain and flat out discriminatory. SHE IS A TEACHER!~ so for that, she has to KNOW that children can get dirty, especially Special Needs Children. I even think she needs glasses because she can't really see that these Children ARE in fact Special Needs Children. LOL Serious, I don't think she should be a Teacher in the first place. :roll:

Do these Teachers dress her? Is that how she had gotten across this underwear? Can she dress her self? Just wondering, because if she is able to dress herself, then why the need for this Teacher to touch her privates much less her underwear? I am just saying if your Child is able to dress herself, I don't think this Teacher should be allowed to touch her underwear as it violates her Privacy rights and would constitute Sexual Abuse.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Wed May 31, 2006 7:28 pm

Sorry i accidentally posted that twice.
Last edited by kdddav'swife on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

kdddav'swife

Thiasmom and Frustrated

Postby kdddav'swife » Wed May 31, 2006 7:28 pm

My daughter is a size 14 womens. She is big and tall for her age and we suspect that she may have Sotos syndrome like her sister. That is a growth disorder. Thank you for the offer.

My daughter CAN dress herself when she wants to, b ut she ussually ends up needing some assistance especially if she soils her pants. I think the dirty panties that she was refering to may have been the ones that I sent to school in her backpack for extras. I ussually put at least two pairs in there for her. Who knows maybe they got dirty from the inside of her back pack. The dirty pants I was accused of sending were simply old not dirty. My daughter has soiled herself at least a few times this year. The last time she apparently urinated in her pants right after breakfast and laughed about it according to the note I was sent.Autistic children do laugh at times that are entirely innapropriate.Social unawareness is a classic symptom of autism. If her transfer is not approved I am going to request a different teacher if at all possible.

makaylajayncharlie

Postby makaylajayncharlie » Wed May 31, 2006 7:42 pm

what size is your daughter iam in aus, but i can mail you some if you pm me your addy,, what does she need in bottoms and tops and colours let me know

cheers

stacey

diamond

Postby diamond » Wed May 31, 2006 8:03 pm

It's sad that the teacher doesn't have anything better to do than pick on your child's clothes. My kids are always dirty, I get them dressed and as soon as we go outside they have dirt on them. They are kids what else do they do but get dirty. I also usually don't send the best stuff with for extra clothes because if they never need them, then it's a waist of good clothes. Good Luck!

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Wed May 31, 2006 8:27 pm

I can send some stuff, too. Let us all know. This is what I'm talking about - banding together to defeat the goons and ilk.
bcbc films
bcbcfilms.8m.com

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:21 am

The fact that this Teacher should not have even brought it up in the first place.

Don't worry, they don't have a case against you. Because you have a real good case for Discrimination due to Autism. I know about Autism as I grew up with Autisc Boy who was a Neighbour and I ride the Bus with him every morning and after school and drive 40 Kms to School and I know what he is up to and he would get dirty and would make noises. I do understand really well and these Children should have been left alone and they should not bring it up with the Parents about these stuff.

They should be leaving you alone. It is hard work enough as it is.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:13 am

You know what confounds me? My eleven year old who has learning disabilities is notoriously messy. I have to remind her to change her clothes and brush her hair.She can walk around all day with stains on her clothes and not care or notice. She is twice as bad as her sister. I make sure her clothes are clean when she puts them on to go out. She has very curly hair that even when brushed looks kind of like a cross between Lyle Lovett and Kramer from Seinfeld. She rarely has a "good hair day". Yet somehow I have never recieved any complaints about her hygiene or her hair/clothes from HER teachers

I am going to take both girls to have their hair cut short tomarrow.I have been wanting to do that for a while and now seems like a good time.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:06 pm

It is a real shame that we have to do all of those just to "satisfy" CPS. When is really enough? They are almost Perfectionists. I don't like CPS where they claim everything HAS TO BE PERFECT!

I heard that Perfectionists on another Psch. Website, that Perfectionists do have problems and often were abused in their past. They cannot handle pressure and must remain in Control or else they will lose out of control and will go "mad".

NO WONDER! :roll:

righteousbabe

Postby righteousbabe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:41 pm

OMG, the clothes thing!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

My GF went through this a few years ago. She moved about six weeks before the end of the school year. So, her son went from a non-uniform school to a school requiring uniforms. She thrift shopped for about 3 full uniforms, couldn't afford more than that and school was almost out anyway.

Get this: where I live, the majority of the uniforms are KHAKI bottoms and WHITE tops (DUH!), even for pre-k kids! Her son was 10 at the time, "all boy", rather messy of course. Uniforms started getting stained (spaghetti, etc) and wouldn't wash white even after pre-treating. Teachers would let him paint in them too!

Cheap uniforms are usually poly cotton, some are mostly poly. White shirts that are mostly poly will NOT BLEACH OUT.

Sure enough, school calls CPS for "dirty clothes" about 3 weeks before school is out. Good grief.

She let the CW in the house, showed them the uniforms hanging clean and in the closet, let them SMELL them, explained that they were just stained and with the school year almost out it seemed silly to buy new. CPS left her alone, but of course, one more "strike" in their records.

After this, she started sending him in regular clothes, since they were not stained. Simple jeans and solid t-shirts. School had a fit, sent him home. Told him (not her, of course, cowards that they were) that he couldn't return out of uniform. She sent him back in regular clothes.

School sent him home, this time with note saying he had to come in uniform, not to send him back w/o one.

So, she kept him home. Three days. School shows up at the house, wanting to know why. She tells them. They say to send him anyway, it's all going to be overlooked.

She sends him back the next day, guess what? Teacher jumps his case for no uniform!

Finally, a WEEK before school ends, school coughs up a uniform for him, which she'd requested from the get-go (voucher program for uniforms for low income parents).

Brilliant, huh?

Has all common sense evaporated????

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:39 am

Yeah I think that all common sense has disappeared,especially with this teacher. If my request for a scholarship is not approved then chances are she will end up with the same ESE teacher.

Return to “CPS Investigations”