Documenting... Certified mail? Restricted delivery?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

righteousbabe

Documenting... Certified mail? Restricted delivery?

Postby righteousbabe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:14 am

I'm wanting to start a habit of documenting EVERY conversation, phone call, interaction, wahtever with CPS.

SHould I do this weekly? Daily? what?

Do I used REstricted Delivery Certified Mail to get it to the CW ONLY, or is return receipt certified sufficient?

Or is there a better or cheaper option? LOL.

Thanks in advance.

mojojojogrl

i document

Postby mojojojogrl » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:02 am

Document EVERYTHING...... double copies of everything....have friends involved (had my friends call the case worker to verify everything that was said) record and write everything down....if the worker is there with you have her read what you wrote and agree to what you wrote down and have her sign it...when speaking with them say as little as possible let them do all the talking.....when taping.... find out your state laws, where i am you have to let the person know you are taping them and they have to agree...when they somethingyou think is important for instance.....say the case worker says to you.... once you move the case will be closed.....so you will repeat it again..... say..... so what you are saying is If i move the case is closed hard to deny something if it was said and agreed to twice.......when writing......get names first and last of who you spoke with dates and times and what was said....even if it was something stupid...trust me they sometimes screw themselves up and you can go back and say no that isnt what you said on june 3rd at 2:00pm. certified letters I would send three....one to the case worker, one to the case workers supervisor and one to the head supervisor of that county.... make sure (they sign for it) on the certified letter form it will state only such and such is allowed to sign for this.......and keep everything in a safe place where you have easy access to it if you need it.....(i would even have copies and keep them in my car just in case)

righteousbabe

Re: i document

Postby righteousbabe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:11 am

mojojojogrl wrote:Document EVERYTHING...... double copies of everything....have friends involved (had my friends call the case worker to verify everything that was said) record and write everything down....if the worker is there with you have her read what you wrote and agree to what you wrote down and have her sign it...when speaking with them say as little as possible let them do all the talking.....when taping.... find out your state laws, where i am you have to let the person know you are taping them and they have to agree...when they somethingyou think is important for instance.....say the case worker says to you.... once you move the case will be closed.....so you will repeat it again..... say..... so what you are saying is If i move the case is closed hard to deny something if it was said and agreed to twice.......when writing......get names first and last of who you spoke with dates and times and what was said....even if it was something stupid...trust me they sometimes screw themselves up and you can go back and say no that isnt what you said on june 3rd at 2:00pm. certified letters I would send three....one to the case worker, one to the case workers supervisor and one to the head supervisor of that county.... make sure (they sign for it) on the certified letter form it will state only such and such is allowed to sign for this.......and keep everything in a safe place where you have easy access to it if you need it.....(i would even have copies and keep them in my car just in case)

Thanks. Wow. I need a second job to pay for the postal fees. LOL.

I will send copies to my attorney as well.

We are in a one party state to tape so no need to inform them, and we have every intention of videotaping the home visit(s)just so she can't make any outrageous claims about filth or no food or whatever.

But still, if we talk to her 3x in a week shoudl I send in one "report" at the end of the week or a separate document/letter for each interaction?

There's someone on an email list I'm on who has the theory that the one with the most paperwork wins. She sends letters like this and requests that EVERY letter be added to hear case file.... she also includes a note on each letter to the effect of "if any facts stated are disputed, please send written notification within 10 days, otherwise all statements are considered true and complete" or some such legalese.

Her idea is to just make her case a HUGE pain for the CW.

mojojojogrl

yup your friend is right

Postby mojojojogrl » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:18 am

yeah it sucks that you have to do this but its worth having all of your ducks in a row so to speak...yup the more paper work and organized you are the more they back down....with me it was them wanting me to sign a case plan that was full of lies such as home without substance abuse but right below this ....it stated substance abuse test negative....duh.... so I copied and faxed it back pointing out that it all was all lies...I havent heard anything since then....the best thing that I have recorded was her stating that all of the allegations against me were proven false....so I told them thank you for you services but I feel since everything was proven false they have no right to interfer with my children and myself.

righteousbabe

Re: yup your friend is right

Postby righteousbabe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:45 am

mojojojogrl wrote:....the best thing that I have recorded was her stating that all of the allegations against me were proven false....so I told them thank you for you services but I feel since everything was proven false they have no right to interfer with my children and myself.

If we only had physical custody of my GF's daughter, we could do that. The CW said in court that there were no allegations against us so WTF?

On the taping issue: I probably told this story before here, but it is haunting me these days.

Last year when this mess started and my GF went to meet with the CW, we bought a little digital recorder for her to take in. We tested it the night before and all that. It worked fine.

Next day she turned it on during the meeting, and when she got out of there discovered it did NOT WORK!

She took notes too, so we have the notes, but the taping didn't work! I was soooo mad!

The thing is, THAT meeting is when the CW said all sorts of things that are TOTALLY contrary to what she is saying now, almost a year later. We would have totally had her had the recorder worked. Now all we have are notes and journal entries and her word against ours. It sucks.

ericb

Postby ericb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:39 am

I personally wouldn't give a damn what my taping laws are. These are public employees paid by your tax dollar and as such they have no right whatsover to deny you your right to tape them.
"Daddy haircut, yes..."- My daughter's first sentence.

Return to “CPS Investigations”