Suggestions from a Child Prtoective Services Investigator

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Marlena29

Suggestions from a Child Prtoective Services Investigator

Postby Marlena29 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:10 pm

I happened to come across this website and of course it intrigued me. As I read many of the articles and cases...I knew I had to reply. Here are some of my suggestions for anyone who is going through a Child Protective Services Investigtion now or in the future.

1. COOPERATE!!! A CPS worker DOESN'T know if the allegations or true or false until they investigate. They MUST follow state statues, laws...as to how to complete an investigation. Every state is different.

2. BE HONEST!!! It does know good to lie, minimize, or blame someone else. You are the parent so take responsibility for the good and the mistakes. ASK for help! You know your family better than anyone else so YOU know what needs to be better! This lets the social worker know you are willing to get things right.

3. DO NOT do what other "clients" suggest. Do what your worker has asked you to. If there is something you do not agree with then discuss it with your worker and possibly their supervisor. If it means this request is going to help prove your innonence then do it! A lot of people have issues with drug tests. Their are certain drugs that will not present a false positive. If you have the money then get a hair folicle test own your own and provide the results to your worker. Remeber, it is you and your family that have to live with the consequences of what you do and don't do.

4. LET the CPS Worker in your home! They need to assess whether your home is SAFE for not only your children but YOU! They look for fire, safety, and health hazards. If there are problems they will let you know and possibly can direct you to other programs to correct the problem. POVERTY IS NOT A CRIME!! You can only do the best with what you got but it still needs to be safe.

5. Let your children talk with the CPS alone. CPS workers are not looking to get kids to lie. CPS workers want the Truth. Do you really thing a child is going to "rat out" their parent in front of the parent when they don't even want to when they are alone with the CPS worker? We teach our children to be honest and tell the truth so don't they need to be told it is okay to tell CPS if mom and dad are doing something wrong? It only causes more conflict for everyone when it is learned later that something was going on but no one would admit it!

6. Report problems. If you have a problem with your worker, discuss it with them. if that doesn't work then speak with the supervisor and so forth. It is not okay for workers to be disrespectful, coercisive...and it is not okay for parents to do the same. We know it isn't for you and your family but we still have to do our job.

7 CPS is NOT Law Enforcement! We are not here to "press charges." Could you imagine how many cases law enforcement would have to handle if they were given the responsibility of doing my job! IMPOSSIBLE. It takes skill, time, and on going work to get to "the truth." Remember every CPS case is not a criminal matter.

8. Don't make FALSE Reports!!!! That is the only way FALSE REPORTS won't be received by CPS! It is as simple as that. There is a big difference between genuinely making a report out of concern and lying about allegations!!!!

9... Remember that in EVERY Profession, there are good and bad people. CPS is one of the most stressful, misunderstood, and unappreciated professions. Stop and think about why their is an outrageous turnerover, high caseloads and the pressure of making LIFE and DEATH decisions. This job carries with it a burden. We don't do it for the money!!! The money is horrible!!! We do it because we want to make a difference. If I wanted to just "pay the bills" then I would have went into a different profession. I live at home still with my mom for crying out loud and I am 29 years old! The "system" isn't perfect but instead of fighting it maybe people should start working to make it better. IT WILL NEVER BE PERFECT because PEOPLE are not perfect.

It is my prayer that I would "work myself out of a job" but I know that child abuse, neglect, and dependecy will stop when the Lord returns. I hope I have been a help to someone. Trust me, I get on other CPS workers when they step out of line. As I pray for you please pray for the CPS workers. I have seen workers break down in tears over cases, advocate for their families endlessly and sacrifice their time with their families because they want to make sure things are right with their cases. CPS is not bad and it is necessary unfortunately.

Enough already. I hope I have helped someone out there. Love your children, take pride in being a parent, and ask for help when things just are working. If you have to report on yourself then do it.

Get to know your CPS workers, Board Members, community providers, teachers, day care...Get active to see how you can help make your community safer for your children.

I hope that the truth would be what is found in every CPS case as that is what we are after.

Gob Bless Everyone,
Marlena, CPS Investigator

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:30 pm

I live at home still with my mom for crying out loud and I am 29 years old!

Your still living at home with your Mom and you feel you know enough about life and raising children that you can dictate to parents how they should raise their children???
:roll:

When you ask the ones who got their children back from the system, none will say co-operating is the way to achieve it.

I think your at the wrong website...cooperateCPS is somewhere else...This is FightCPS :wink:
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:33 pm

Kit I copied your post from the double post she made..

Kit

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read it, but no thanks.

Everyone on this site is someone who was wrongly accused and we are not in need of your help or anyone else at CPS. What we need is our rights not to be violated and the Constitution of the United States of America actually upheld.

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Kit

Postby Kit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:46 pm

You mean her triple post? and thanks Dad :D

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:55 pm

i can't believe you had the stones to post this...

Not having children yourself there is no way you can know how a child should be raised..im so sick of textbook CPS CWs presuming to know how to raise a child if it was upto you all my children would walk around in bubble wrap with me watching their every move.

CPS had my 8 y/o son on Adderall and claritin because they said he had allergies because he constantly rubbed his eyes, he has been home now for 3 weeks we got the ok to take him off the Adderall and he refuses to take the claritin and has not rubbed his eyes in 3 weeks.......hmmm seems to me that he just needed to be home and all this could have been avoided if CPS hadnt trumped up crap to take him.

My girls will be home in one week and my oldest is on medicaetion for warts that have spread like mad since this bullsh*t has started ill almost guarantee that once she gets home and can be with us full time the warts will soon disappear also just like my sons "allergies" did.

Dont sit on your high horse and presume i should give up my constitutional rights just so you can have another child theft in your Evil little file.

I almost bet you and other investigators have a competition going on who can steal the most children no matter what the circumstances.

NUFF SAID
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

pamom2crew

Postby pamom2crew » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:08 pm

I have seen workers break down in tears over cases, advocate for their families endlessly and sacrifice their time with their families because they want to make sure things are right with their cases. CPS is not bad and it is necessary unfortunately.

This may be true in certain cases, but not with most of them posted on here.
CPS itself is not bad, I agree with you there. It's what most of the case workers have done to it to make things about it bad.
CPS was originally created to help children and families who really needed it, to save children from mental, physical, and sexual abuse; and to help parents who had no idea on how to properly raise their children, to give them some guidance.
But cps workers have taken things too far and they have forced parents to be scared to death of them so that even if they did need a bit of help or guidance they could never ask because they know how it will come back to be used against them in the end.
I know this is true from personal experience, not because I was ever any type of abuser, but I did ask for help in fighting for my daughter against an abuser, and then I asked for parenting classes, only because I was raised in abusive homes and I wanted to find ways of disciplining that were positive, rather than not disciplining my children at all. All of that came back at me, everything from my childhood up to the present..and all because my 6 year old ran after her b-ball i have an indicated case of imminent risk of serious physical injury. I would do anything in this world to protect my kids from anything and everything, I even put up a 4'fence with 6' posts to prevent this from ever happening again. But do the cw's care? no, because I am a great story, theres so much from what happened to me as a child to now, that it's entertaining to them or something, because they bring it all up so often. The crazy thing is, there are so many reports from when I was a child, yet I was never removed. Crazy how the kids who do need so much help, just don't seem to get it, yet those who don't do.
Now I have no problem with u posting here, but I don't think it's right for you to say that all of cps is good, because that's a wrong and biased opinion. I'm not saying all cps workers are bad, but many are.
When you have been threatened with the idea of losing your children for something ridiculous,or if you tried to protect our child from a predator, and cps wouldn't help you, then I'm sure your opinion would change.
wrongly accused mom of 7 great kids

"never give up"

mrsmac

Postby mrsmac » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:20 pm

Oh my Miss Marlena, you are extremely naive to post something like this to hurting, angry parents. Actually, this type of thinking & attitude is part of what many parents are complaining about.

You also appear to have a 'failure to launch' problem.

I would suggest you use spell check, would make your posts appear more professional.

Amazing you had the gall to post such drivel & cloak it in christianity even.
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galations 6:2

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:56 pm

The case worker on our case is exactly like you.

"head in the clouds". "oh I am so wanting to protect the kids"

Blah blah blah!

The case worker was bought off by the county and the state in our case and she is guilty guilty guilty!

This whole system needs rearranging and by God I will do what I can to do just that.

And I am a professional who works with you IDIOTS!!!!!

I KNOW first hand how you all work!!!!

Dont give us this crap about protecting the kids and saving families.

You and your kind wrecked my whole family!!!!
Broken hearted Grandma needs help

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:08 pm

A true Christian would not force some one to co-operate. A true Christian would not force some one that goes against their wishes. I can't believe you would actually use this to further your agenda. But like God would say "Only a Fool would say such a thing will be made a Fool."

That is all I have to say.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Lexx

Postby Lexx » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Ahem ... ::Cough:: ::Cough:: Clears throat ... Walks out ...

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi,

I have a couple questions.

What is the name of the fire code book that you use for the fire inspections? Also, who is the author, publisher and what is the copyright date?

Same questions for Safety Code and Heath Codes.

Also, where can a person find copies of these codes?

Do you use federal, state and local codes, or only one of these?

Do you have fire, safety and health Survey instruction manuals and forms, like Medicaid has for nursing homes? Also, what are your policies for Plans of Correction?

At what age is it safe for a child to eat raisins? National Child Care Standards don't list raisins as a choking hazard for children under 4, Virginia's Minimum Standards for Licensed Day Care don't mention choking hazards, but Virginia's Minimum Standards for Family Day Care Homes lists raisins as a choking hazard for children under 4. If you were doing an investigation, at what age would you consider raisins to be a choking hazard?

Another question, I need your opinion.

I was hired by a day care center to be the lead teacher in the infant room. My children are grown and most of my experience in working with children had been with children over 3.

At the time I was hired, I had about a week of experience working with infants, and that was only as a substitute while staff was taking a break for an hour. I think the reason I was hired as lead teacher was because I had a college degree and the Center was trying to acquire accreditation under a program that required lead teachers to have a college degree, but not necessarily in a child-related field.

I was "trained" at another Day Care Center, by staff from that other center. The director didn't want me to be trained at the center where I would be working, and she didn't want me to talk to any of the other staff. She didn't want me to tell the parents that I didn't have any day-care experience working with infants. She told me to pretend I knew everything.

When I got to the center where I would be working, it was the day after Christmas, the director was gone for the week, so there was no one in the office. There was no intercom system. I was alone in the room from 7 am until about 8:30 am. I took the early shift because I had a family Christmas dinner that night.

The first baby that came in had a Nebulizer. I had never had any experience with that. The father dropped him off, along with 2 siblings, which I had to watch temporarily. I had no idea what to do with that baby. I didn't know what to feed him, when to feed him, or where his diapers were. It never occurred to me that I had to know HOW to warm a bottle in this place. I had no idea if the baby was on baby foods or just on formula. I didn't know anything.

The training at the other center involved the teacher watching me change a diaper. At that time, I still wasn't sure if I was supposed to take my rubber gloves off before or after I got the new diaper.

When the second baby came, the mother was livid. She grabbed the crockpot and took it into the kitchen to put water in it to warm up. The bottles are warmed in a crockpot. I had no idea that bottles are warmed in a crock pot and no idea where the kitchen was. And I couldn't leave infants to GO to the kitchen. I at least knew THAT much.

This center was getting federal money for some of the kids so they provided powdered formula for some babies. I had no idea how to mix it. I think the director told me, but I have to be shown something like that, in a new place. My babies were breast fed or got raw milk from a relative's cow.

The mother of the second baby wouldn't leave until the regular teacher came in. She had anticipated that this would happen when she saw me being shown the room a few days earlier, and asked me how much experience I had with infants. I told her "minimal" which was the truth.

I refused to work there after one day.

I looked up licensing regulations and it just says staff has to have so many hours of training or experience.

It doesn't say that the training and experience has to be with the same age group you will be working with, and it doesn't say that the training has to occur at the same center you are working at, or with the same children you will be working with.

Now my question is this: Do you thing the Virginia Administrative Code, Minimum Standards for Child Day Care Centers, should be changed to require a minimum amount of staff training for a particular age group, at a particular center, and with the particular children?

I mean, would YOU want to leave your infant at a place like that?

tommixx

Postby tommixx » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:52 pm

Marlena...

I have given your post a great deal of thought and decided that I don't know how to answer you... :shock:

it's my opinion that no one could be so naive to make a post such as yours on a forum like this... :roll:

so all I can say is, maybe Gob will Bless me...

but after my families encounter with CPS I am certain that God has abandoned US... :cry:

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:14 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Re: Suggestions from a Child Prtoective Services Investigato

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:19 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DontBiteMyNose

Postby DontBiteMyNose » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:37 am

Holy crap. I don't even know how to reply.

CPS goon, let me make some things clear. I'd never cooperate, I'd never let you in my home and I'd never EVER let you talk to my children. Indeed, you are the enemy.

I'm stunned at the blatant disregard for civil liberties you talk about. The founding fathers would have you tar and feathered.
bcbc films
bcbcfilms.8m.com

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:39 am

Ahh I see we got another, 'comply with our mind f*ck and you will be fine' representative.

Tell me, Marlena. That is if you have the courage to reply back here. Tell me, if you came into a home to investigate and you found that the house was a bit chaotic due to the family doing a quick pack to move out of an unsafe apartment, would you remove the kids less than 12 hours later? Would you say that the parents were doing nothing to provide the children with better living conditions? Would you say that the children were in imminent danger even though the parents were in the process of moving to a better place? Even if the move was a few days away..would you have removed the kids? Would you have stated that the parents were minimizing everything when the mother stated to you that the house usually wasn't like this but they were doing speed packing so they could get out of there ASAP? Would you say that the parents were blaming someone else when they tell you that the landlord didn't want to correct the health violations in the apartment and that was another reason the parents were leaving? All of you are all alike...the Rescuer Syndrome must be contagious or something; all CPS workers have it!
Hell hath no fury like a parent scorn

rac

Postby rac » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:12 am

I to do not know how to respond to such a disregard for the things these families have suffered through at the hands of you CPS workers. As for my own worker, she has only called us once since January. Yes I said ONCE.........and I could go on and on.....
I will not ever let one of you workers in my house again. HMM, I have and was co-opertive until about 2 months ago. Would you like to know what this so called co-opertive got me..NOTHING. Except for more lies from the CW, and badmouthing me behind my back.
Rachel

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:07 am

Believe me I co-operated for SIX Years, and I got nothing in return but Lies and Harrassement. They have not helped me with nothing but leave me hanging there until the new Case comes along. Can you believe the CPS Therapist has molested my Son, he was 8 yrs old and he was forced with a baby bottle to his mouth during a Therapy session. He still has nightmares over this. He still remembers it to this day and don't want to go back. He begged me not to take him back there....

Is that HELPING HIM? Or abusing him?

And hence I got a new Case just when the Case is closed in May. Just more Harrassement on me and my Family. :roll:

With my experience of 6 years, I know this route to co-operation has got me NO WHERE but interference into Family Life. That is what it is, AN INTERFERENCE.

Marlena, just wait till you get your own Children, you will know what I am talking about. Just imagine...Workers at your door, saying they are ready to remove your newborn baby. Are you ready for that? :shock:

I guess not.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:54 am

mrsmac wrote:You also appear to have a 'failure to launch' problem.

/snicker (just saw that movie last night)

That about all I can say. I am still .....WOW!!!

I am am just too floored by the ignorance, especially from the 40 year old virgin here that still lives with mommy, yet dictates how family 'should be'.

Marlena29 wrote:I knew I had to reply. Here are some of my suggestions for anyone who is going through a Child Protective Services Investigtion now or in the future.
Why not hand parents a bar of soap and tell them they are going to be taking a shower as you lead them to be gased.

Marlena29 wrote:Remeber, it is you and your family that have to live with the consequences of what you do and don't do.

That is why this board is here. That is what you are urging parents not to do. Fight back.
Your example amused me by the way, plus helped prove what many parents have been faced with for having their children removed all along. Just curious, do social workers cry tears for these families as well as they write in their reports and testify in court that the parents are addicts? Do social workers volunteer in court that there is a possibility the test is inaccurate and should be changed?

Marlena29 wrote:5. Let your children talk with the CPS alone. CPS workers are not looking to get kids to lie. CPS workers want the Truth.

ROFL ....

Marlena29 wrote:It takes skill, time, and on going work to get to "the truth." Remember every CPS case is not a criminal matter.

Most of us here know all too well what kind of 'truth' as you put it, CPS workers try to get.

Marlena29 wrote:8. Don't make FALSE Reports!!!! That is the only way FALSE REPORTS won't be received by CPS! It is as simple as that. There is a big difference between genuinely making a report out of concern and lying about allegations!!!!

OH YEAH ....thats why so many of us are here!

Marlena29 wrote:Love your children, take pride in being a parent.

If we didnt, we wouldnt be members on this board. Educating ourselves to fight against system mentality like yours, or lack thereof.

Good day.
Last edited by Momoffor on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:02 am

So do you go to rape victim sites and tell the women to "lie back and take it" too? This is not only poor advice, it is DANGEROUS advice, and you should be ashamed of posting it! I won't let you off easy on this one, because anyone who takes your advice is going to find themselves in a world of hurt and be completely incapable of defending themselves. You know nothing of the system, let alone of the US CONSTITUTION!

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:05 am

You also appear to have a 'failure to launch' problem.

I really need to remember not to have something in my mouth when I read this forum. I wonder if Marlena's parents are going to hire someone to get her out of their hair so they can get their 29 year old child out of their basement! Twenty nine years old and living with the parents? And a social worker telling people how they need to raise their kids? Something is seriously wrong there. I wonder if Marlena is possibly projecting her parents faults onto other parents. Marlena dear, maybe you should take the advice you give to others and seek out a qualified therapist. I think you really need to see why you feel the need to stay with mommy and daddy at your age.

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:10 am

I think we scared her off or something. I am usually nice and try to have civilized conversations with people here. However, this holier than tho cps worker comes on here and tells people to do the exact OPPOSITE of what actually works is indeed, very dangerous. All I could hear whilst reading marlena's post was my former CW.. blah blah blah, empty promise, threat, blah blah blah. Been there, done that Marlena.

Now, I wonder if Marlena will provide us with all the personal information she wants from her clients. I think it would be interesting to examine why she feels the need to ruin people's lives. Or why she is still living with her parents. Does she drink? Smoke? How many times a day does she wish she was someone or somewhere else.

Therapy is in session, Marlena.

gideonmacleish

Re: Suggestions from a Child Prtoective Services Investigato

Postby gideonmacleish » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:19 am

Marlena29 wrote:I happened to come across this website and of course it intrigued me. As I read many of the articles and cases...I knew I had to reply. Here are some of my suggestions for anyone who is going through a Child Protective Services Investigtion now or in the future.

1. COOPERATE!!! A CPS worker DOESN'T know if the allegations or true or false until they investigate. They MUST follow state statues, laws...as to how to complete an investigation. Every state is different.

Yes, and they MUST obey FEDERAL LAWS, including our CONSTITUTIONAL Bill of Rights!

2. BE HONEST!!! It does know good to lie, minimize, or blame someone else. You are the parent so take responsibility for the good and the mistakes. ASK for help! You know your family better than anyone else so YOU know what needs to be better! This lets the social worker know you are willing to get things right.

You live at home with your mommy at 29 years old and you know how to be a parent? For crying out loud, your PARENTS didn't even set a good example, as they couldn't teach you how to be independent!!!!!

3. DO NOT do what other "clients" suggest. Do what your worker has asked you to. If there is something you do not agree with then discuss it with your worker and possibly their supervisor. If it means this request is going to help prove your innonence then do it! A lot of people have issues with drug tests. Their are certain drugs that will not present a false positive. If you have the money then get a hair folicle test own your own and provide the results to your worker. Remeber, it is you and your family that have to live with the consequences of what you do and don't do.

No worker is infallible. ESPECIALLY one that has absolutely NO CLUE about parenting, as you do!

4. LET the CPS Worker in your home! They need to assess whether your home is SAFE for not only your children but YOU! They look for fire, safety, and health hazards. If there are problems they will let you know and possibly can direct you to other programs to correct the problem. POVERTY IS NOT A CRIME!! You can only do the best with what you got but it still needs to be safe.

"direct me to other programs", huh? How smug and sanctimonious for you to even SUGGEST you have all the answers. It is precisely THIS attitude that has made CPS the baby stealing Nazi agency it has become. The sooner people like you leave CPS and move on to real jobs, the better. You shouldn't be anywhere NEAR children, let alone giving parents advice on how to raise theirs!

t your children talk with the CPS alone. CPS workers are not looking to get kids to lie. CPS workers want the Truth. Do you really thing a child is going to "rat out" their parent in front of the parent when they don't even want to when they are alone with the CPS worker? We teach our children to be honest and tell the truth so don't they need to be told it is okay to tell CPS if mom and dad are doing something wrong? It only causes more conflict for everyone when it is learned later that something was going on but no one would admit it!

Absolute and utter Rubbish! NO lawyer worth his/her salt would EVER advise this!

[. Report problems. If you have a problem with your worker, discuss it with them. if that doesn't work then speak with the supervisor and so forth. It is not okay for workers to be disrespectful, coercisive...and it is not okay for parents to do the same. We know it isn't for you and your family but we still have to do our job.

Yeah. Let the police police the police. Sorry, chica, but if I have a problem with you, it will be reported at the STATE level and in my appeal. There is too much collusion among you and the other Nazis (who, of course, "just have a job to do!")

7 CPS is NOT Law Enforcement! We are not here to "press charges." Could you imagine how many cases law enforcement would have to handle if they were given the responsibility of doing my job! IMPOSSIBLE. It takes skill, time, and on going work to get to "the truth." Remember every CPS case is not a criminal matter.
Right. You're NOT law enforcement. Which means you DO NOT enter my home without a law enforcement officer and a warrant. Get your paperwork done before you cross my threshhold, because I WILL be noting and addressing EVERY violation!

8. Don't make FALSE Reports!!!! That is the only way FALSE REPORTS won't be received by CPS! It is as simple as that. There is a big difference between genuinely making a report out of concern and lying about allegations!!!!

The only true thing you have said in this otherwise inflammatory drivel. If you would pursue those who make false allegations with the same zeal as you pursue innocent parents, maybe some improvements could be made.

9... Remember that in EVERY Profession, there are good and bad people. CPS is one of the most stressful, misunderstood, and unappreciated professions. Stop and think about why their is an outrageous turnerover, high caseloads and the pressure of making LIFE and DEATH decisions. This job carries with it a burden. We don't do it for the money!!! The money is horrible!!! We do it because we want to make a difference. If I wanted to just "pay the bills" then I would have went into a different profession. I live at home still with my mom for crying out loud and I am 29 years old! The "system" isn't perfect but instead of fighting it maybe people should start working to make it better. IT WILL NEVER BE PERFECT because PEOPLE are not perfect.
No, you're doing it because you have no control over your home life, your parents control the purse strings, and because your role as CPS nazi is the only way you can weild power over anyone. The absolutely most despicable reasons. You should have a thorough psychiatric evaluation done, as I firmly believe you are a good candidate for a lengthy inpatient program.

Gob Bless Everyone,

Marlena, CPS Investigator

After all of this, you invoke the name of GOD?!?! UTTER Blasphemy!

I was deliberately harsh for a reason, Marlena. Read my replies, and ask yourself how it feels to have every motive question, to have your very character attacked, when you are trying, in your own way, to make a difference. Then ask yourself if it is fair for you and your contemporaries to attack innocent parents with the same hatred.

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:34 am

Unfortunately Gideon, I don't think she will be back to answer our questions. However if she does come back, I can hear her whining and pleading with us to believe she is one of the good guys. She wouldn't take any children out of a home for a sinkfull of dirty dishes or unfolded laundry in a basket. I'm sure that she will defend living with her parents at her age because her low paying, child stealing job doesn't pay her enough to go out into the big bad world alone. I am also sure she will say that all CWs have to go through a battery of psychological examinations because their jobs are so very stressful. She will be defending not only herself but every sw/cw out there.

I feel she wants her actions, both past and present, to be justified. She went out looking for a site, found one full of disgruntled, pissed off parents and decided to chime in on what a wonderful system she works for. I wonder if when she has a child removed, she tells the parents that her agency will now be getting a ton of money from the federal government for that child. Will she tell them that the child has an increased chance of being abused or killed while in foster care. Will she tell the parents that as long as they do everything cps tells them to do, their children will be returned quickly? When a child is about to be returned to their family, does she all of the sudden add new services to be completed before the kid comes home? Does she look for reasons to not return the kid? Does she look for reasons to pull the child from the parents AFTER reunification? Tell us Marlena just how perfect you and your agency is, please. We are all waiting.

momofmany

Postby momofmany » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:17 pm

I'm assuming when one logs off the forum they no longer show up under who is browsing. Well, she's apparently still here. Atleast a few minutes ago. Wonder why.

Return to “CPS Investigations”