Suggestions from a Child Prtoective Services Investigator

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Harlan Carroll

Postby Harlan Carroll » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:20 pm

Greegor wrote:Harlan:
You're headed for TPR and you only NOW figured out
that your kids can be removed without any actual
crime at all?

Why are you figuring that out so late in the process?

Well I learned that a few months ago, after I got a lawyer, when CPS first threatened to put my kids up for adoption in February. I told my lawyer we've committed no crime, we've cooperated, etc, and she told me about the low threshold CPS has to play with.

I'm more concerned with being able to present my side of the story in court with that, however. I don't think a jury of 12 will take our kids away from us, if they learn how this case has been handled and how cooperative we've been.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:24 pm

If this Marlena is a Social Worker, then she broke every Ethics in the book. A Social Worker should not have said that to a Client. Gee, I wonder if she is licensed or not? She probably a Social Worker, but has not completed her Education or even graduated from University, probably stopped in the middle of it, because of tradegies? Who knows?

Thats a lot of assumptions...

All I know this Marlena has been a Social Worker since 1991

Marlena would have had to graduate college at 14 to have been a social worker since '91...(She is only 29 remember!!) :roll:
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Harlan Carroll

Postby Harlan Carroll » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:31 pm

I don't know about the timeline but most CPS workers don't last long. 3 years is the national average, and that includes positions that are generally filled for longer periods of times, supervisors, etc.

I suspect the real average for CPS case workers (before they move up or out) is 1-2 years. Most case workers are young women with no children.

Mind you, there are some vets out there, and they skew the curve a little. But Marlena doesn't sound like she's been with CPS for too long, really. No more than a few years.

thumpsgray

re: Suggestions from a Child Prtoective Services Investigato

Postby thumpsgray » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:30 pm

Marlena - please allow me a moment to tell you a true story - Yes, Marlena, I have quoted several items you may or may not have read - they ALL apply to CPS and Family Court - Sherry

I was there the day the sheriff's (3) and the CPS case workers (2)appeared to take Johnny from his mother (Becky) -
I was horrified at the insolent attitudes displayed by the social workers – in my opinion the disrespect and contempt they directed at Becky was, at the very least, unprofessional. It was not necessary for the women from CPS to so clearly interject their snotty negative personal opinions. If they’d been anyone other than who they are, I can’t think of even one person who would have tolerated their behavior – you expect children with no manners to act as they did; never an adult, especially one who is so empowered by the State of Washington as to separate children from their parents...
There have been no charges filed against Becky concerning why Johnny was taken from her – it’s probably safe to say there have been no laws broke. Yet they have Johnny and refuse to return him to his mother...
There have been no abuse charges, no neglect charges, no molestation charges!!
No charges of any kind - filed or served concerning why Johnny was taken from her.
(or for anything else for that matter - her record is totally 100% clean!!)

The "reasons" given by CPS for taking Johnny are
nonsense and blatant lies!
They (CPS) claim there was no running water – YES THERE WAS! Both in the cabin and in the bath house (just as a point of information; this includes indoor and functional bathing, toilet & kitchen facilities) – not to mention several outdoor spigots; all fed from an underground spring on the same property. They (CPS) know full well there is running water, yet choose to create legal paperwork stating the opposite. I was in the bath-house when they entered it and checked the water issue, I know they found there to be running water; I heard them turn the water off and on,(several times) - in short –
They’re LYING & they know they’re LYING!
They go on to claim taking Johnny was because Becky and Johnny were living in a tent – there are no laws saying you can’t live in a tent; (only laws concerning where this tent can be erected – again no laws were being broke). Only as a point of information; the tent was bigger than a lot of studio apartments. It was complete with a built in floor and walled off rooms providing both sleeping and living areas. No one was sleeping on the ground; everyone had their own beds in their own rooms! Am I now to understand a CPS worker is also the self appointed “Queen” of the “Home Beautiful Police”? If so, part of their bylaws apparently must state: “If your living arrangements don’t meet our (invented) standards: YOU LOOSE
Keeping in mind it's CPS's standards; not the counties, not the states, and not our Countries – it’s only CPS's standards they act upon. It's beginning to appear CPS operates above and outside of the laws, or at best “twists” the laws to fit their sick l plans of targeting which ever family they decide doesn’t fit their private clubs invented criteria.
How sad…
Beyond all everything I’ve stated above (concerning the tent); this "legal" abduction happened in late August of 2005; the average temp at that time was between 75 and 80 degrees in the day and mid 60’s at night – seems to me a tent would be far more comfortable than a stuffy apartment.

Given the preceding, I respectfully ask the following questions,

“HOW WAS IT LEGAL TO TAKE JOHNNY IN THE FIRST PLACE?”

And

“HOW IS IT LEGAL NOW TO NOT RETURN HIM TO HIS MOTHER?”

Only now am I beginning to fully comprehend what all this really means to any parent, to any grand-parent, to anyone who has care or/and custody of a child: CPS can for no legal reasons what-so-ever separate you and your child then secret the child away. Then, beyond the actual act of separating children from their parents, they (CPS) make it impossible for the parent to ever get their children back. CPS depends on a parents love for their children to create the circumstances necessary to ultimately terminate their parental duties. Their tactics at the very best are underhanded and dirty. Most any parent would do about anything for their child, including but not limited to; parenting classes, substance abuse treatments, and so on – any parents who are in this position are more than willing to enter into these “classes” without a court order and CPS knows if they can get the parent to enter into these classes, the long range effect ((on these parents who are trying their best to do “the right thing”)): It backfires every time. Since there is no court order, by entering into and finishing these programs in effect what the parent has done is admit guilt to a) being a bad parent (parenting classes), b) admitting to a substance abuse problem (drug usage), and so on. Those unfortunate families who CPS targets are victims of an organization which is clearly out of control; the children abducted by CPS, until legal age, remain lost in a system that clearly does not work… CPS’s ability to legally kidnap children, in any other civilized culture, would never be allowed, let alone condoned. Aren’t we (The USA) still fighting a war in the Middle East, in part, because of similar inhumane treatments of Iraq’s public by its self-appointed “leaders”? In fact, wasn’t kidnapping a specialty of the SS in Germany during World War 2? Taking who ever they or Hitler wished at any time. During WW2 this single action destroyed hundreds of thousands of families. Although it has taken a lot longer than the length of WW2, CPS has also has destroyed hundreds of thousands of families by kidnapping then hiding the children. And, just like the Nazi regime, CPS has no care or conscious about the pain they bring on to the children or the families. I find these similarities extremely frightening…

Please do not misunderstand my opinions; in no way am I defending those who do mistreat, neglect, or abuse children: It’s these people CPS needs to concentrate on; it’s these people who need to have their children removed; it’s these people who need to be brought to justice; it’s these people who need to be jailed for their behaviors. Unfortunately, like every other “school yard bully” CPS targets the people easiest to overwhelm and in doing so these people (who’ve been denied their rights and probably have not broken any laws) loose their children and the children loose their parents – Anyone who thinks being kidnapped by CPS, then placed in a home with people who very well may be abusive does not affect the child for the rest of his life is sadly mistaken - BECAUSE IT DOES AFFECT THE CHILD FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE! Check the statistics on this subject; I DID!
I can personally guarantee you, during the time I was around Becky and Johnny, he was happy, healthy, busy, intelligent little boy. I saw many interactions between Johnny and Becky; I can honestly tell you, Becky is a good and patient mom! She and Johnny truly love each other – it showed every time she talked to him (or about him). If you love your child and your child loves you, on a very basic intangible level, what more could a parent or child ultimately want? Today in the world we live in, this kind of parent/child relationship is so special and rare it should be protected and nurtured. But now, because of the Gestapo like actions of CPS, this loving relationship is quite possibly ruined.

I’ve always believed CPS’s main goal was to keep the family unit as one – not tear them apart. I’ve read CPS’s mission statement – it says their main goal is to keep the family together. Unfortunately, that’s not what they’re doing. Like so many other things in life, what they are doing really comes down to money - it appears to me they are far more interested in the money their office will gain via children they place in foster care and ultimately for permanent adoption than preserving the family unit. Hence, the more children they "legally" kidnap into the system the more available monies are granted by the federal government to state welfare agencies. Sounds something like a bounty, doesn’t it?

Before I decided to write this, I did some research concerning CPS – what I discovered, frankly turned my blood cold – who do these people (CPS) think they are, or more correctly, who have we (the public; out of fear of them) allowed them to become?

The following paints a picture of horrors – all created by allowing CPS to become an out of control monster:

There are 580,000 children in foster care in the US: Statistically speaking; only about 44% of them will ever be returned home (despite the fact that 97% of their parents will never be criminally proven guilty of abuse or neglect). That means over a quarter of a million children in foster care today will "age out" and be released at the age of 18 into a world they have not been equipped to handle. They will have no family, few independent survival skills, and many of them will find themselves incarcerated or addicted to drugs.

They are truly the "lost" children of America. ACLU

"A parent's right to care for her children is the among the most important we have, which is why the government cannot take a child unless it has clear and convincing evidence that the child is in imminent danger," said -ACLU cooperating attorney James E. Mahood of the law firm Wilder & Mahood.

"There is no system ever devised by mankind that is guaranteed to rip husband and wife or father, mother and child apart so bitterly than out present "Family Court System"
- Judge Brian Lindsay, Retired Supreme Court Judge, NY, NY

"There is something bad happening to our children in family courts today that is causing them more harm that drugs, more harm than crime, even more harm than child molestation."
- Judge Watson L White, Superior Court Judge, Cobb County GA

In closing -
Termination of Parental Rights is unconstitutional without due process!
CPS and the government should not be able to terminate parental rights without criminal charges being brought and only then with regards to the full due process guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
Children are God ordained, not property of the State!
Removal of children without due process of the law is governmental child abuse.

Becky was not allowed her constitutional rights; she was not charged with even one crime and none-the-less Johnny was taken from her. Beyond this, “the powers that be” refuse to return him. No one can convince me these “powers” don’t know they have violated the guaranteed rights we all have as an American Citizens.

On July 4, 1776, Americans chose freedom from a king who 'refused his Assent to Laws.' These days, our own government is choosing unprecedented abuses of power over individual liberty and the rule of law.

There were several reasons I felt I needed to write this, first and foremost for Becky and Johnny, next in hopes of drawing some attention to the “low life” tactics and motives of CPS. For me personally, only because I have no reason to fear CPS did I feel I could make the analogies and accusations found here; my children are grown adults and fully on their own – CPS cannot use them to threaten me…

Marlena, think about what I've written here and how you do your job - s
We are called the nation of inventors. And we are. We could still claim that title and wear its loftiest honors if we had stopped with the first thing we ever invented, which was human liberty. Mark Twain - 1890

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah sure makes you wonder eh?
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

lostsoultacoma

Postby lostsoultacoma » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:16 pm

Why should we cooperate with CPS? On my case with my two step children, the social worker interviewed them at school and even tape recorded the conversations, and both children stated to the worker that they were not being abused at home, but CPS hid those tapes from the detectives and still tried to claim they were being abused. They also filed dependency to take the rest of the children out of our home and entered our home without a search warrant, after i told the worker to stay outside. One of my daughters, they placed with her father who has been sexually molesting her and even though she has told a doctor at the emergency room at the hospital, CPS still didn't believe her. So I don't believe in "getting along" with the social workers because they are only getting more information to use against us. I also requested for those tapes, but CPS is hiding them and won't give them up because they know it's a lawsuit against them. They also gave my exhusband my stepdaughter's medical records without my husband's permission and told my exhusband to use that against me to get full custody of my daughter. My exhusband was stupid enough to file the information in court and stated what CPS instructed him to do. This is HIPAA violations!!!! I don't trust any CPS social workers-they all lie!!!!!

burmajane

umm......

Postby burmajane » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:20 am

I am a lurker on these boards. I have never had any CPS workers come to my door but know people who have had them come to their door for false reports. Nothing ever happened though.

Anyway I can't believe that a CPS worker has the nerve to come here and post! I honestly cannot believe it!! How cruel! I mean.. Come on now.. Is this CPS worker even real?? Does anyone know if she is a fake yet?? Where is she from etc?

She said in one of the post to someone that she doesnt have any children because she is to busy taking care of other peoples children that are being abused etc. WTF?? I believe she has no need to have any children of her own.. She can just go to ANY home and grab her as many kids as she and they want. Hopefully soon there will be a STOP to that though.

Marlena or what the heck ever your funky name is: You need to GROW UP! C'mon now!! Why on earth did you choose to post here on this board of all places? Do you feel some guilt? Are you trying to make yourself believe that you are an OK gal? I believe you have alot of issues. I can't believe that people like you are CPS workers. Oh wait.. Yes I can... They are all like you. ignorant.

I am glad that you havent posted back on this board. Noone wants you here. You are not welcomed here by anyone. Go away and don't ever come back. Go back to your cult and find the next family you can destroy.

*UGH* Loser!

Burmajane
OH and DONT even bother emailing me because I have nothing to say to you and sure the heck dont want to hear anything you have to say. Just leave... Be gone.. Vanish.. Go back 29 years.. Be gone.. ~*POOF*~ Your now gone from my world.

Good bye
Burma~
~Burma Jane Hopkins~

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:42 am

"Why on earth did you choose to post here on this board of all places? Do you feel some guilt? Are you trying to make yourself believe that you are an OK gal?"

I notice that a lot of these GAL's, cw, foster parents come to this site looking for some sort of justification for the criminal acts they are committing. These postings give insights into the enemy's pysche. Something internal is telling these goons that what they are doing is wrong, morally corrupt, unethical and they are making themselves worse for their actions and they need to tell US, the victims, that "it's nothing personal." "I'm just doing my job". What a load of @#%*!

dlb6132000

follow cps rules ect..

Postby dlb6132000 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:50 am

lady you are crazy...i did what i was told ect...because of the age of my son at the time..on plan of action form CPS put ADOPTION.did not put anything else.what happened to find another relative ect..but of corse cps lost to that 1. you all are lyier. i know for fact a child in foster care cps office gets $2,500. amonth plus medical for the kid. so how can you all push for someone that makes min. wage, no medical, pay child support. is it so you can get a family so far down that you take the children and adopted them out for the money you all receive on an ADOPTION.all my deallings with cps ,i have not found a REAL worker yet.....sounds like you need to wake up and grow up leave us good loving parents ALONE...

McKnights

Postby McKnights » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:43 am

Personally the way i see it, it may have been, and we all can agree most of the CW's have an IQof 2 10 if they are lucky,

I Dear one CW state who they are and what organization they are with, if you have nothing to hide then why hide behind some name on a message board, and in fact if a CW will do this, ill do the same, though i have a feeling everyone will know soon enough anyways
My Heart is only Cracked,
My Body is only scared,
My Mind is only scrambled,
My Soul isnt complete,

Through Him, Is The Way,
That leaves everything in Place,
and everything said above,
Shall Never Be Broken

His Will, Shall Be Done

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:58 am

I notice that a lot of these GAL's, cw, foster parents come to this site looking for some sort of justification for the criminal acts they are committing.

I've only seen fosterparents come here and state that the system is messed up and have seen injustices, then people like you dasuberding drive them away by belittling them....

Why drive away people that are:
1. The only part of the system that do show support for us.
2. Have valueable insight into helping us change the laws.
3. Have more credibility with the courts and legislatures then we do.

This makes no sense to me.

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:03 pm

Good dad, with all due respect, READ THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD! READ THE TOPIC HEADING! I'm withdrawing from this site. This site has been hijacked by a bunch weak-willed pc freaks. LATER, GOOD LUCK!

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:03 pm

The thread was started by a CW... My question had to do with grouping fosterer's into it when they usually post about the injustices they see done to parents.

You may see it as weak willed, I see it as common sense that you don't belittle someone with insight into CPS cases that agree with us

Harlan Carroll

Postby Harlan Carroll » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:27 am

Well there are extremists at any side of the spectrum. Just keep in mind that many of us are currently being burned by CPS, or have been burned - often numerous times.

I think it's premature to come to a website called "Fight CPS" and expect blustering support for CPS.

Of course a CPS worker/foster parent is going to get ripped here. Now, I think she was unfairly treated to some extent and some of what she said was taken out of context (and you can read my statements if you want to know more specifics), but she should _not_ expect the benefit of the doubt from us.

I certainly don't think this site has been hijacked by CPS-loving crazies. But some of us just don't believe in belitting foster parents who to some extent appear to empathize with us.

I don't see all CPS workers as evil. I see the system as flawed and they all work in it. Many really do look at parents as guilty first and so forth. Or they are so aggressive at "protecting the children" that they sacrifice the families.

In my own case I see my case worker as more sloppy than malicious. She just isn't doing a good job.

BTW I don't have any objections to a foster parent or CPS worker posting on these forums. I think it would be stupid to put their real name. No offense to anyone, but if I were a criminal defending theft I sure as heck wouldn't post my name on a forum for cops. I think chastising CPS workers and foster parents for not posting their real name is just silly.

Regarding cooperation with CPS, it should actually only be a matter of cooperating with what the judge orders. Cooperating with CPS on matters not specifically ordered by the court is just a bad idea. I'm a proponent of cooperation only as much as legally required. And no more.

If CPS were truly an objective organization, I could see cooperation on the table. But they are not. They are there to be adversaries for the children, which means they are automatically at odds with the parents. There's just no way around that.

The only objective party in a CPS investigation is the court system. And we know how much they are in CPS's pockets anyways. So the last thing you want to do is unwittingly help CPS make a case against you.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:54 am

Good post Harlan

burmajane

uhh...

Postby burmajane » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:12 am

well if the members of this board welcome CPS workers to this FightCPS.com site then thats fine by me.. It is just abit odd. Ofcoarse if more cps workers came and posted they would all brain wash everyone and take the entire site and rename it to something like WeSaleKids4Cheap.com or something along that line. Oh well. I don't really care anyways. Just my opinion on them posting here.
~Burma Jane Hopkins~

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:43 am

If you ask a question and an honest CW tells you "What should be done according to policy" and you find out your CW isn't doing it or is fighting it. You can use it to show the judge that your CW is breaking policy...

I used this with info Micheal (another CW that sometimes posts here) gave me 18 months ago. :wink:

lynn5067

Postby lynn5067 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:40 am

i totally agree with thorn either do it right or go to hell
fighting for my family

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:42 pm

I third it. :wink:

I would not waste my time with CW's. I am focusing helping other Parents and supporting them, going through hardships, pain and suffering. That is all I will be doing. I will be no longer talking to Cw's. All they do is just make me angry for what they did to many Families nationwide.

Cya around and I will always be around supporting other Parents.

Take care.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

leelee

Postby leelee » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:57 am

1. COOPERATE!!! A CPS worker DOESN'T know if the allegations or true or false until they investigate. They MUST follow state statues, laws...as to how to complete an investigation. Every state is different.

True,Cps workers do not know if allegations are true or false.They are SUPPOSE to follow state statues,laws,etc.However,you WILL be seen as guilty until YOU prove YOURSELF innocent!

2. BE HONEST!!! It does know good to lie, minimize, or blame someone else. You are the parent so take responsibility for the good and the mistakes. ASK for help! You know your family better than anyone else so YOU know what needs to be better! This lets the social worker know you are willing to get things right.

Silly Girl!This only fuels the flame!I do not,nor have I ever,beleived in lying!I do beleive in protecting my family and our rights and I would NEVER suggest that anyone "volunteer" any info. to cps.In MOST cases the parents are VERY responsible.This probably does present a problem for the vultures at cps.I mean,honestly,it must be so exhausting making good parents look bad.Just imagine what it would do to their funding if THEY were honest and responsible!If a family does need help CPS is NOT the place to get it!

3. DO NOT do what other "clients" suggest. Do what your worker has asked you to. If there is something you do not agree with then discuss it with your worker and possibly their supervisor. If it means this request is going to help prove your innonence then do it! A lot of people have issues with drug tests. Their are certain drugs that will not present a false positive. If you have the money then get a hair folicle test own your own and provide the results to your worker. Remeber, it is you and your family that have to live with the consequences of what you do and don't do.

Therefore,it is extremely important that we do all we can to keep our children from being abused by the "system".Anything you volunteer for can/will be used against you!You are correct,it is us and our families that have to live with what we do/don't do.That is why we should not suggest so willingly giving up our rights and allowing "NAZIS" to come in and take over our lives/families!

4. LET the CPS Worker in your home! They need to assess whether your home is SAFE for not only your children but YOU! They look for fire, safety, and health hazards. If there are problems they will let you know and possibly can direct you to other programs to correct the problem. POVERTY IS NOT A CRIME!! You can only do the best with what you got but it still needs to be safe.

Unless they have PROOF of imminent danger to a child and/or a court order/warrant,they DO NOT have to assess ANYTHING!Very seldom do they look for fire,health,safety hazards!They look for "ammo!"Futhermore,a "safety hazard" could be ANYTHING,really!That leaves it so wide open for cps workers to LIE!

It is ironic,to say the least,that you say poverty is not a crime.If that is so,why are poor people"targeted" by cps?Why is there a need to assess a family/child's finacial situation?Why is it listed on SEVERAL guidelines of risk assessments as something that puts a family/child at high risk!?Why are the poor treated as CRIMINALS?!
Why is it that you did not feel the need to also post that by allowing a cps worker in your home you are giving up your right to illegal search and seizure?

5. Let your children talk with the CPS alone. CPS workers are not looking to get kids to lie. CPS workers want the Truth. Do you really thing a child is going to "rat out" their parent in front of the parent when they don't even want to when they are alone with the CPS worker? We teach our children to be honest and tell the truth so don't they need to be told it is okay to tell CPS if mom and dad are doing something wrong? It only causes more conflict for everyone when it is learned later that something was going on but no one would admit it!

NO cps workers are not looking to get kids to lie,they are trained to trick them into lying by allowing them to play with toys during interviews,giving them treats,asking leading questions,making false promises(you can go back to mommy/daddy's if you just tell me where they hurt you.notice they say "how" and not "if")!ETC,AND SO ON AND SO FORTH!!!!!Children should NEVER be left alone with stangers!

6. Report problems. If you have a problem with your worker, discuss it with them. if that doesn't work then speak with the supervisor and so forth. It is not okay for workers to be disrespectful, coercisive...and it is not okay for parents to do the same. We know it isn't for you and your family but we still have to do our job.

It is not okay,but,it IS standard practice!Your training consisted,among other things,of how to coerce(trick)people into falling into your trap!Of course you will disagree with this as you have been brainwashed.

7 CPS is NOT Law Enforcement! We are not here to "press charges." Could you imagine how many cases law enforcement would have to handle if they were given the responsibility of doing my job! IMPOSSIBLE. It takes skill, time, and on going work to get to "the truth." Remember every CPS case is not a criminal matter.

Actually,it is a criminal matter.Only the parents/alleged perpatrators are not the criminals(mostly).That would be CPS!Also,due to the fact that you people are not law enforcement,maybe you should consider not hiding under"color of law" to act as such!

8. Don't make FALSE Reports!!!! That is the only way FALSE REPORTS won't be received by CPS! It is as simple as that. There is a big difference between genuinely making a report out of concern and lying about allegations!!!!

This,obviously,is not of much concern for cps agencies.If it were then the whole "anonymous reporting" thing would not exsist and reporters would be investigated,in depth,as to wether they really are "credible/reliable!"Anyone who has any genuine concern for a child's well being would not be concerned with wether or not the agency knew who they were.The person/people the report was made against would not know who reported them!DUH!

9... Remember that in EVERY Profession, there are good and bad people. CPS is one of the most stressful, misunderstood, and unappreciated professions. Stop and think about why their is an outrageous turnerover, high caseloads and the pressure of making LIFE and DEATH decisions. This job carries with it a burden. We don't do it for the money!!! The money is horrible!!! We do it because we want to make a difference. If I wanted to just "pay the bills" then I would have went into a different profession. I live at home still with my mom for crying out loud and I am 29 years old! The "system" isn't perfect but instead of fighting it maybe people should start working to make it better. IT WILL NEVER BE PERFECT because PEOPLE are not perfect.

Well then,darling,why is it that every tiny,little "imperfection"is used against people by cps?!I do beleive that most people are NOT in your profession for the money.It is a POWER TRIP.Like a man buying a flashy car to compensate for other "short comings!"

*Love your children, take pride in being a parent, and ask for help when things just are working. If you have to report on yourself then do it. *

How completely ignorant of you to assume that parents do not love their children or take pride in them or in being a parent!We do ask for help when/if we need it!However we prefer to get our help/advice from reliable,honest sources.NOT CPS!!!!A parent should only report on themselves if they enjoy complete and total destruction!In every other case they should look for help from people they can TRUST!

*Get to know your CPS workers, Board Members, community providers, teachers, day care...Get active to see how you can help make your community safer for your children.*

This is the only good advice you have given!It is always best to know your enemy!

*I hope that the truth would be what is found in every CPS case as that is what we are after.*

Proven to be false time and time again.I have no idea what planet you are from(maybe the "I'm too insecure to be a responsible independent adult"planet)but if you are going to give advice on this one maybe you should at least visit here first!

Return to “CPS Investigations”