New York Advice Needed

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tonymoo

New York Advice Needed

Postby tonymoo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 am

History: About 9 months ago a total BS report (physical and emotional abuse) was made against us my a malicious friend of my 16 year old daughter. I hired a lawyer on intial contact but we decided to cooperate. CPS came out once, talked to the kids, I gave them copies of report cards, and signed medical releases. They left, no further contacts and then 4 months later we got "the unfounded" letter. While I was bothered by the intrusiveness and the overreaction to vague anonymous allegations, my overall experience wasn't bad.
Six kids (now) 17 down to 4 with the 4 being developmentally disabled.

Present: My 4 year old just (this week) switched schools because his previous school didn't have just the right program for him. He receives busing from the school district and now has a new bus. Yesterday when we he came home we noticed two bruises (one on each side of his face on the cheekbones just below the eyes). To the best of his ability he told us that it had happpened on the bus. He functions at the level of a 2 year old but did say the words: BUS, HURT, FACE, and SEATBELT. I took this to mean they hurt him trying to get his seatbelt on (he always fights against it). Also, in the last few weeks he's developed an attention getting behavior of spitting at people so maybe somebody grabbed his face to get him to stop. The marks line up with what would be produced by a thumb and middle finger of an adult hand.

I was really upset so without thinking it through, I called the bus company to complain. They contacted the driver and the aid and then called me back. They aid says the marks were there in the morning (which our whole family knows is a lie) and the driver is saying nothing. I just got a bad feeling from the whole thing like I was being threatened - like they were going to make trouble for us. I don't know whether to let the matter drop (I really don't think I can push it far without more evidence) or if I should go to the police.

Also, if they do report us we are in a bit of a vulnerable position right now because it is basically me and my 17 year old and my 80 year old mom taking care of the other 4 kids and I work fulltime. My wife is out of state for 6 months with one of the kids getting the child treated for a malignant brain tumor.

Advice? For now? and if CPS comes a knocking?

Thanks.

tommixx

Postby tommixx » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:54 am

if you don't have a GUARDIANSHIP on all of your children have you attorney Do to this NOW!!! and NO!... do not wait for any more replies on this board before calling your attorney and having him do what ever the equivalent of a GUARDIANSHIP is in your area!... do this now!!! NOW!

then come back and read the rest of the posts... :P

P.S. Do not let CPS into your house!!! for any reason without a warrant...

here's what they did to me and my family...

The Child Protective Services Experience?

DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKES.....
CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA/CIA WIRETAPING PROGRAM....

Return to “CPS Investigations”