CPS CASE- Friends in CPS helping ex.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Susan9

CPS CASE- Friends in CPS helping ex.

Postby Susan9 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:41 am

My son and his ex wife were recently divorced. He has a child born outside the marriage to another woman. ( He and his ex were legally seperated when that happened). His ex-wife and he have not lived together in over 18 mos.

Within 4 days of the final divorce hearing a CPS report was filed against the baby's mother. The baby has never lived with his mother always with my son and I was the babysitter. The baby's natural mother has 5 others and just could not handle another child. She is a very good person, and is a good parent to her other child. She was extremely upset with this report because she had never had this happen. The subject of the case was she had failed to make an "acceptable" plan for her baby. She said I did , his father and his family are raising him.
This case was unfounded.

The day she was notified this case was unfounded, my son's ex calls in a report stating she was abused by him over a year ago and the child was present. First of all the two people who had the child for the day, told the CPS worker they had the child. She told my son , I do not believe them. He told the worker I never touched her she is lying .

My son's ex has friends in high places in CPS who are directing her. She is very upset she got NOTHING in the divorce.

She made this claim last year in the court where they lived and the judge threw in out and then tried to in family court to get an order of protection and they threw it out.

Thursday my son and his lawyer met with the CPS worker and told her the child was not in the home and that her allegations of domestic violence were bogus, and 2 courts had thrown it out.

The CPS worker said I do not care, I am indicating this case , you can ask for a fair hearing if you wish. She asked my son no questions about what happened . His lawyer tried to tell her those cases were NOT withdrawn by the ex-wife but thrown out. She would not listen.
She then told my son, I know you and your girlfriend gave your parents custody of your son, don't worry we are going to get that voided.
My question; can they get custody order voided. I have had this child in my care since 9/05 and have had custody since then. He travels alot for his job, we live in another state and got custody in the state we live in. Can one state ignore anothers order ?

Also when BOTH reports were filed my state's CPS came out and did a "courtesy visit" to make sure child was healthy, etc. The worker gave me copies of the report she sent back to my son's state and both were excellent.

Today, my son's ex girlfriend called and said the CPS worker had came to her house on Wednesday and asked her are you sure you made the right decision giving your son grandparents custody to a man who is being indicated for domestic violence with a child present.
It would seem to me the CPS worker had already made up her mind.
What recourse do we have ? This looks like the beginning of a vicous cycle. Especially since the ex has help in high places.

My son works with children and has had his job over 20 years , he could lose it.

Marina

UNIFORM CHILD-CUSTODY JURISDICTION

Postby Marina » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:05 am

Here is

UNIFORM CHILD-CUSTODY JURISDICTION

AND ENFORCEMENT ACT

http://www.law.upenn.edu/library/ulc/uc ... ldcus2.htm

Go to your state's government website.
Search > government > legislature > statutes or codes > family code > child custody

See if they adopted this Uniform child-custody act, and see if they modified it.

I think just about every state has adopted it like it is.

Return to “CPS Investigations”