Headstart fill out papers, give CPS rights? Please help?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ngsm7605

Headstart fill out papers, give CPS rights? Please help?

Postby ngsm7605 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:36 pm

I want to send my son to headstart. Headstart has already begun, but my son can still be accepted due to delays. I have never had CPS in my life thank goodness, but read this site alot. All these storys completely SCARE me! Anyways, the papers that I am to fill out for my son to be in headstart wants me to check that I allow any of the following agencys to get records or have visits on my son without my consent including

Social Servies.. is this CPS? or something else? Should I check it? OR not?
Mom to 3

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Don't check it...

CPS is part of social services like the forestry service or fish and game is part of the department of natural resources..

or have visits on my son without my consent including

Social Servies.

I can't believe they give you this option
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

kdddav'swife

I know that you probobly do not want to read this but...

Postby kdddav'swife » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm

Headstart is a major source of the calls to the abuse hotline in any state. I personally would stay away from them. Your child could get a bruise from playing and they will report it to CPS. Do not let anyone tell you that CPS records are confidential because depending on your state, there may be a very long list of persons/agencies who can at least view the hotline records and know if there has been reports made about your family. I know that in my state (Florida) Headstart has access to the hotline records.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

childadvocate

Postby childadvocate » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:01 pm

In TN no one has access to those records EXCEPT investigators. Even if you work for Department of Children Services (social services, Juvenile Justice, etc.) you do not have access to investigations current or history. Only the CPS personnel have access.

It's good that they gave you that choice. If you continue on with Headstart, I would check that you want to be contacted before the child's records or the child is provided to anyone.

firemonkey

Postby firemonkey » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:45 am

All I can say is this has not been my experience.

There are many ways for CPS to obtain and/or provide service agencies any information they wish, it doesn't even have to be truthful information. I KNOW this to be true, I lived it.

CPS is not accountable to anyone they can and will do as they please. The state always covers their backsides.

Who was it that said " Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" ?

The people here know differently.

Enchanted*Forester

Don't allow it!

Postby Enchanted*Forester » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:56 am

I have learned from this site that you should place in your childs school or daycare file notice that a service worker or officer cannot speak to your child without you or your lawyer there. I have done this. It may not always work, but whatever you can do to prevent this from ever happening is worth doing!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away...

Return to “CPS Investigations”