Happening again!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ldsmama5

Happening again!

Postby ldsmama5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:28 pm

I can't believe this!
I moved 1000 miles away to get away from CPS but now they were at my door again. We have lived a wonderful stressfree exhistance for 6 months and loved it but here we are again. Today hey brought a sheriff with them. They claimed it was because we had no food but we showed them we did but the kids didn't get breakfast. We had to get to school and were late that happens. Anyhow they want to check up on us again bu never left a card or a number or papers or anything. We didn't even have paperwork. So can they access the files from another state and make our lives a nightmare. My worker over there I found out when we left that she never opend a case against us and was putting us through this for nothing. She forced us to repaint, tear out carpet, and retile floors. I hope that my carpet and such isn't a problem. I lost 200K in taking losses for our dream home there and medical bills they made us pay.
Any knowledge would be great. I love my new neighborhood and we are in a very small town and don't want this on us. Our town is so small I already had 5 neighbors come over to see if everything was alright. This just happened this morning.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:45 pm

They claimed it was because we had no food but we showed them we did but the kids didn't get breakfast.

It happens...

Did you let them in the house?

Anyhow they want to check up on us again bu never left a card or a number or papers or anything.

They should have left a card...
What was their reason for wanting to comeback and check up on you?

If you have a digital camera next time don't let them in, go inside and take pictures of the food and walk outside and let them view the pictures...

One lady had her children carry all the food out onto the porch for the worker to see, but wouldn't let her in..

They can check to see if you have a file in another state.

How old are the children?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

I should have let you know the social worker had the sheriffs office there and I was in such a panic I didn't think. That really makes me worried if they check in another state because since my oldest was born they have been after me. Then they said your parents have a record and you will be just like them.
I have 5 kids to get off to school under the age of 10. You would think they would be understanding.
I picked the kids up today and they only said they didn't eat and they couldn't get sleep, which was omitted by the worker but makes sense now, because they didn't want to do their work. They try anything with teachers to get out of work. Well this worked. The school even called me today to request that they get out of charter school, which I thought was better, and go to public.
I also have all 5 kids with special needs. I do everything I can. Today I got everything they asked for, new back door, new toilet and new fridge borrowed from a neighbor. After the vacation they will be out of that school. Oh well I tried it here. I want to move again but the previous move wiped me out financially and we are still trying to recover.

So is that national database up and running now? I was never convicted of anything and they even refused to mail me a paper on their rulings so I could protest it or something. They should give some sort of appeal to their findings.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:09 pm

The school even called me today to request that they get out of charter school, which I thought was better, and go to public.

What reason did the school give?

Today I got everything they asked for, new back door, new toilet and new fridge borrowed from a neighbor.

Are they installed yet?
When did they say they would be back?

That really makes me worried if they check in another state because since my oldest was born they have been after me.

How many investigations have been done on you?

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:28 pm

Door just completed this afternoon and toilet is being done now and the fridge will be here tomorrow.
The school has a governing board and they have decided no lunch program no nothing that would bring in low income children as one board member put it that they don't want that element here. Well I think that might have something to do with it but also they say the kids arn't happy and arn' progressing. I figure forget it fine I will take them out.
They never said when they would be back. They never let me know their names or gave me a card or paperwork or anything to sign which I guess could be good. The sheriffs office just flashed a badge in my face. They confirmed my phone number and said they would be in touch. No date no nothing.
Actually the sheriff was worse than the social worker who was very young and took it all in stride it looked like now that I am thinking back on it.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:32 pm

What are the "special needs"?

Is there a neighbor you can call to come over on short notice as a witness when they do come back?

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:38 pm

My kids are learning disabled and have neurological issues. All of these are hereditary. My oldest wasn't diagnosed until I had my youngest already. We are now done with he physical therapy stuff and on the special ed, speech and occupational therapy along with doctor appointments and such.
My neighbors rock!
They will come over when I need them. We help each other all the time with no judgement. I love my new town that is why I would hate to have this blow up again.

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:26 pm

I would take all the preventative measures possible.

You do need to have the kids in a school or registered that you are home schooling, in most states there are requirements you cannot decide to just pull your kids and teach them yourself.

When/if you do place them in school I would start with the Hatch letter, making it very clear that your children are not to be interviewed by anyone.

Make your kids some reverse Miranda right cards and explain to them to not talk to anyone who interviews them.

Remember document everything, name, time, date, witnesses. Record if at all possible. Put up a sign saying 'no trespassing'. Put a sign on your door that says that anyone coming onto your property agrees to be recorded including by use of video.

Have your state statutes and rights by the door. Make copies and provide them with one and frequently remind them that you know your rights. Ask questions like "am I being charged with a crime?"

DO NOT OFFER ANY INFORMATION. What I have learned just from your posts is that you have five children. Jack pot. Not only 5, but 5 SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN. ALL YOUNG. You have food but you didn't feed your children. You were late, because you were probably too stressed out to met the demands of your children and are depriving them of their educational needs, there is something wrong with your refrigerator and are probably not meeting health codes, something is wrong with your toilet so you probably have sanitary issues. You pissed off a school somehow and your kids are not happy probably because of their lifestyle and home DO YOU SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING?! DO NOT OFFER ANY INFORMATION!!!!!!!!

Dazeemay said to you in the past that you are in the system, they may have closed the case, you may have moved, but you are in the system. You can move and move and move. Eventually they will hold that against you. YOU MUST LEARN YOUR RIGHTS and USE THEM NOW. Do not wait. Do not think that this can't happen in a small town. Or that neighbors who rock won't let this happen to you. If it is a small town and five people came over already see what happened, you can bet you are going to be the talk of the town. And if you think people are your friend, wait until they have the word 'abuser' 'neglect' pass their lips or into their ears, it doesn't matter who you are, it stays in the back of people's head. And one wrong move or mistake, or one pissed of person is all it will take.

I wish that I knew back then what I do now. I wish when that day came, well... it's just speculation now, our number has already been called, and I just hope it doesn't happen to you and your family. Your children need you.

I see way too many people on here that still wait. That still seem to think it won't happen to them, or that things will just clear up. They don't take the advice that is on here and they wait until it's too late.

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:44 pm

Yeah I guess I did tick off the school since they called yesterday and said that they don't think their school is the right place for my kids. Ok fine. So now without the workers even wanting to come over or anything I get notice that my case is closed and unfounded. Cool. So I am going to be much smarter about this and not feel as safe anymore. On my toes and eyes open.

By the way I filed complaint with the school too. Yesterday they refused to let one of my kids go to the bathroom until he messed himself. I am not happy and i won't happen again.

Return to “CPS Investigations”