DAZEE MAY I NEED YOU!!!! ASAP TEMPORY CUSTODY QUESTION

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

thiasmommy

DAZEE MAY I NEED YOU!!!! ASAP TEMPORY CUSTODY QUESTION

Postby thiasmommy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 am

Hi Dazee,

My niece gave temporary custody to her mother with just her and her mother, now my niece wants her baby back and her mother is telling her she needs a form called written revocation of custody and power of attorney. this was not done thru the courts, just a notary.

I told her to take the paper and the sheriff to her moms house and get her baby.

Do you have this form or have you heard of it?
We are in Florida

Thanks
Dennise

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:03 pm

She can get her baby back. It is just a notarized piece of paper, it has no court authority.

Just have her write another form saying she is recending the guardianship & is reinstating herself as the one with custody of her own child & get it notarized.

The Grandmother is bluffing.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:29 pm

A "Revocation of Custody" is only needed if a "court ordered/ruled" on the change of custody..

What anxious stated is true, just draft and notarize another terminating the temporary custody paper, use the wording:

"This paper supersedes any previous custody arrangement and reinstate herself to full custody of the child."
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

thiasmommy

help

Postby thiasmommy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:27 pm

Thanks Guys,
I found the exact revocation paperwork reading thru dazeemays posts.
My niece went and got her baby and the grandmother called the police, but the police had to let my niece take her baby. They told her they were contacting cps in which they did, cuz they already called me asking questions about the parents and I told them even though they are young they can take care of their baby. I told the cps lady that they had all the help and support of the family members.

The parents are taking the baby to all childrens hospital to have the baby checked out. The grandmother wouldn't even give them the childs sleep apnea machine, she claims it was rented. ( the baby is on medicaid and I'm sure it is not rented) she didn't give them anything, and when my niece asked her for the birth certificate the grandmother made them give her 15 dollers for the cost of it. What a total bitch.
I will keep you posted on this as it unfolds. I am worried now with cps involved.

Any input is always appreciated!
Godd bless
Dennise

florida999

Postby florida999 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:58 am

why did your neice give her custody in the first place? was cps ever involved before?

florida999

Postby florida999 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:01 am

just a thought....but what kind of grandmother would make her grandchild go without her sleep apnea medicine? as for the birth certificate....they could have gone to vital statistics and gotten another one, no reason to fight over that one.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:35 am

Does the Grandmother get the Foster Care money $$$ in caring for this child?

If that is the case, then she is vexing for the money just like the CPS vexing for Funding dollars $$$. :roll:

Looks like a case of Medical Neglect on the Grandmother though.
I hope for the sake of your neice and your Family that CPS does not put it further than it needs to be.

Make sure your neice document everything, and keep all the paperwork in her Files.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

thiasmommy

help

Postby thiasmommy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:05 am

Update,

Well cps was called and went out to where my niece was staying. Turns out the girl sha was staying with couldn't have room mates ( not in the lease). The cps lady asked if they could stay with me, I said absolutely, But i had to disclose I had an open case with dcf and it was about to be closed in april. ( btw and this is very unussual) she was a pretty nice cps lady! ( or Since I have delt with them so much Maybe I just know how to deal with them but any ways.

The cps lay ended up taking my moms and dad info and they were approved to house my niece and the baby. I'm not sure if they are going to open a case with my niece, because the only thing they had against her is the living arrangements with her friend.

My mom and I picked up her home, well u know cps standards, ( spottless) and set up all the cribs etc... for the baby and my niece.

They did give my niece a drug test on the spot which she passed with flying colors.

my niece and her boyfriend are going to be married this week at the court house. Her boyfriend should be enlisted in the services by monday, these kids do have a plan, but they just needed a little help to get them where they need to be.

we are going to take her to get the medicaid changed over and get her help thru the state.

we are going to help her apply for section 8 housing so they can get their own place.

my niece has been thru alot of crap with her mother thru the years and my brother is in a terrible fight with the grandmother for visitation and custody issues.

yes, the grandmother was collecting money for this child and that is why she didn't want to give the baby back to my niece.

this grandmother grew up in the system and is very manipulative with the state.

I feel bad for my nefew who is still currently with my nieces mother. she has had at least 36 cases with dcf and still has her child, unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geez I get 2 calls on me and they remove my children!!!! go figure.

but, I can say I am looking out for my niece, she deserves better and I didn't want her to be tied up in the system as I have been.

A new cps lady will be coming out to check out the living arrangements this week, ( she will be a different one since we live in the next county) I just hope they don't open a case on this girl, she is really trying to do things right.

any input is welcome!!!!

Thanks
Dennise

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:49 am

Wow! 36 Cases seems very frivilous and vextatious. too much on this Family. Like I said, the CPS gets to pick and choose which cases they want to ruin. You know like a jackpot. It is really disgusting.

Nice CPS Lady? don't be fooled! She will be nice temprorarily then watch out! she might attack like a mad dog. That's what happened to me. Several workers did that to me. But then again, maybe you are really lucky that you got a really nice CPS Lady this time. We shall see. Just be prepared and don't be fooled by its sheep in wolve's clothing. Finger Crossed that things will pan out just fine.

I will keep your neice and your Family in my Prayers.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

thiasmommy

help

Postby thiasmommy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:36 am

Hi Frustrated,

Yes I know about those people lol. But if they are not going to open a case on her no one said a little booty smooching never helped lol.

And yes they do pick and choose I agee!!!

I am like a hawk with those people so, yes I am reserved also.

Thanks for keeping her in your prayers

God Bless
Dennise

florida999

Postby florida999 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 am

glad to hear that things are working out with your niece. they may be young, but hey we all start out that way and learn as we go. i have seen a 16 year old mother her child better that an adult, age dosent mean anything. give them all the support you can, they will be fine.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:43 am

Same here, my neice was only 15 when she had her baby and she did just great on her own. She even handled it better than any mother could. She works hard then at 19, she had her second baby. She still did pretty good. Did everything on her own and lives on her own with her significant other (the father of the baby). But she gets alot of SUPPORT from her Mother (my sister in law).

The Age does not matter, it is how you do it (parenting) matters. Even 13 or 70 yrs old can do it.

Just like anybody that can drive a car. lol oh boy that's a whole 'nother "level" (story). Sorry can't help it.

thiasmommy

help

Postby thiasmommy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:57 am

Hi,

Ha, HA , ha u guys crack me up, and thanks for the support

God Bless

Dennise

florida999

Postby florida999 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:47 pm

i had my first child at 23, second at 28, third at 29. im thirty now, and i STILL get alot of support from both my mother and my mother in law. :) there help is invaluable to me-and i thank god for it.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Ditto.

I was 21 when I had my first.
I am near 40 and still have alot of Support all around and I thank God for it too. Count your Blessings.
CPS needs to back off, they hurt Children the most. But they just don't care.
We may be vindicated, but united together as a Family, we are Strong.

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:00 pm

I would be very careful. If they are in your house, how is your case going to turn out? And if you have an open case are they going to turn something onto her? Isn't it funny, you can have other people's kids over there but not your own?! These people are crazy!
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:08 pm

Yes it is strange. I would always get Kids at my House, I would often get about 5 to 10 Kids at my House in and outs...almost every day and weekends. CPS does not even know and doesn't care. All they care about is vindicating THIS Family. Their thinking is weird, so weird that we can't even understand their idealogy. It is like backward system.

Return to “CPS Investigations”