2 Weeks & Still Waiting!!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

anxiousmom

2 Weeks & Still Waiting!!!

Postby anxiousmom » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:10 pm

It's been 2 weeks & I'm still waiting for the judge's decision!

The waiting is really starting to get to me!

I know ya'll would just be guessing, but do you think it's a bad sign or a good sign that it is taking so long?

A part of me thinks that if the judge was just going to place all 4 of the children with their dad, that he would have already done that being as they are still at their dad's apt.

But...I don't know.....

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:29 am

I know we did not respond to your post because we have no advice really. It is just wait and see situation of what the Judge says. I know how you feel, all that knot in the stomach, and feeling jittery and all that worry. I really hope the Judge will find in your favor. You know I was thinking about you this morning, "oh if they got the Kids to their Dad, you would feel like you cleaned up the house for nothing?!"

If I was in your shoes, I would feel that way. Why should I clean up the house when CPS tells you to do, and the Father gets to keep the Kids anyways? It is not fair and not right. You should have gotten the Kids returned to you as CPS promised you that you would. What a liar they are. Oh my goodness, I do not like them all that much. They just wreck up and ruin Families for almost nothing.

But the good side, that the Judge could have decided that you will get the Kids. So I will keep that faith and prayers that you do indeed get them. Fingers crossed and hope! I know it is anxious feeling of not knowing what's the judge's decisions are. you feel like ahhhhhhhh. I know. It is sure hard not to relax.
What I do is to have nice hot tea, and have hot bath, or read a good book. Or just go out and have a coffee with your friends as support system. You know I find this very helpful when I talk to somebody. That's why I go once a week every week to talk to my Friend as means to vent out. It helps alot! :wink:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:48 am

I have heard in the next larger city south of us here in NH that it sometimes takes 4-6 weeks for the ruling to come through and that they are always sent in the mail.

Keep the faith and think to yourself over and over about how your children are coming home..... I know that sounds bizarre, but I swear, that is how my children came home out of foster care.... Especially considering what was in the petition against us.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:21 pm

But, why does it take this long for the judge to make a decision?

I've been doing well, but starting to have anxiety with all of the waiting.

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 pm

I can only speak from my experience.... In the "part time" court that we are fighting this in, it is only open for juvenile hearings one day a week, from 1-4 pm. Can you imagine how many other cases, criminal and juvenile plus all of the motions this one judge must work on?

I have been outspoken on how bunk this is because quite frankly, its not like I had a night out drinking and lost my right to drive because of a DWI... I dont care when people get themselves into trouble and then my family has to suffer by going to court once a month! In talking with the attorneys, this adjudication/court process will take about 7 months. Basically, we go to court once a month for 3 hours..... It started in Dec. and they are thinking this will go until June.

Did they give you ANY idea of how long this will take?

florida999

Postby florida999 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:03 pm

dependency court takes too long.......you can get resolution faster in traffic court. sad really. thats what took our case as long as it did. you have to wait 5-6 weeks between court hearings.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:25 pm

And from Criminal Court Experiences that I had, the remanded case was put off for a Year. Sometimes 9 months. It would be every 2 weeks remanded or once a month remanded, then it prolongs till up to 9 months to a Year. That's how long it takes for Criminal Court. Imagine keep going back in Court and wait for 2 to 3 hours, sometimes 4 hours on the bench to wait for your turn? There are so many cases and many line ups for Criminal Courts.

Family Courts, is faster, but private and closed while the Criminal Courts are open to the Public. Family Courts usually takes about up to 6 months at the most, but other stuff like TPR, Dependancy courts would take up to 9 months, possibly to a Year.

The Decisions are not always swift and fast. It takes a while. I know it sucks but that's how the Judical system works. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Hey Anxiousmom,

Hang in there. I'm sure the anxiety is getting to you. Do something to keep yourself active. You've come so far you don't want to become depressed or too overwhelmed to handle things now. Keep up the great work and don't let the negative thoughts or fears stop you now. Deal with things as they come, it may take a while but reassure yourself it will come. And don't jump to all the what ifs and trying to figure things out on your own. Deal with today. Reward yourself for all your hard work, positively reward yourself, and enjoy your clean house and how excited your kids will be to see it all and how far mom has come!
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “CPS Investigations”