Our counselor fired for helping us???

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

desertcry

Our counselor fired for helping us???

Postby desertcry » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:31 pm

Well, we had a counselor that suggested that we should have unsupervised visits. It's been 10 months now and even our caseworkers seemed to go along with it. Well, we get to court Tuesday and our caseworker tells us that her supervisor said that we can't have unsupervised visits because we didn't admit to abuse. Interestingly, we have been seeing our counselor for 8 months now and have never met this superviser of our caseworkers. The person that does supervised visitation for us even believes that we should have unsupervised visits. We were outraged.

Well, the same week we were to meet with our counselor and all of a sudden his is sick. We didn't think much of it until next week when we were told that he might be perminately out. However, I have gotten information from a very reliable source that he was actually fired, and one of the reasons was that he was too easy on us by suggestion unsupervised visits.

This is insanity. It has been almost a year since we have been falsely accused and CPS is trying to force us to admit to something we didn't do. We signed a settlement in court but that hasn't gotten us anywhere. I wish we would have fought it. MY parents who are taking care of our kids are beside themselves also. this is going too far.

Who can I contact in NY State that might help? I know there is supposed to be a group called CASA that do a more fair investigation. However, who are the best peopel to contact in the government that could do something about CPS. I am mad as hell about this.
Child Abuse is WRONG!!!! Those that falsely accuse people of child abuse and take their children ARE also guilty of child abuse!!!!

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 am

Go to your state government website and look for contact numbers for your child welfare agency.

Also, here is the federal website for laws and policies

http://www.childwelfare.gov/

and here are links to state laws and policies

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... /index.cfm

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:46 am

Correction: It is the Ombudsman who does the investigations on CPS. You can write to the Ombudman in your State and state your concerns about your Case.

Be sure to keep the signed agreement from the Court just in case if CPS were to change their minds. They almost certainly always does anyways. Just be prepared for anything they throw at you. They are always up to their dirty tricks up their sleeves. Just keep documenting and keep all documents.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:31 pm

I had this happen in my case. Make it clearly documented that you have completed every thing on the treatment plan and anything they have asked of you. They CANNOT force you to admit something you did not do. PERIOD. Do NOT give in, things will be much much worse if you do. They must go on the treatment plan, a measurable standard. How many people are there in prison that are guilty, been convicted and still continue to cry innocence? You settled, you did your time (so to speak), they cannot force you to do anything else.
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “CPS Investigations”