can CPS do this?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kegansmom

can CPS do this?

Postby kegansmom » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm

My sister is having one hella hard fight with CPS due to her ex husband..She is turned in like every week for stupid stuff...she has an advocate who comes out once a week to help her with her children. This advocate works for CPS and was ordered to help my sister. Well here is where it gets good. CPS was called out to my sisters once again due to her walking with her children one was said to not have a hat on..anyhow 2 days later after CPS showed up my sister had a court hearing for full custody from her ex husband well CPS showed up and said to my sister before the hearing asked if my sister is on anything to stop having children my sister said no why. She asked if she was thinking about "getting fixed" my sister said no and to be a smart ass my sister said she was tring with her current boyfriend to have another child. Then the Cps worker stated that her advo. would be out on Monday to discuss with her about getting her tubes done because they don't want her to have more children...I thought that was a voilation of her rights and told my sister to not do anything she isn't ready for. Now my sister isn't the best mother but she is one who is tring she just got out of a bad relationship her ex used to beat her and their middle child..so i was wondering if i should tell my sister to get a lawyer and fight them for all they are doing to her..I mean they are even going as far as telling her she can't have birds and she needs to fix up her house. My sister is on Disability and can't offord everything they are making her do. Like go through a class for seperated parents which is 100.00 she don't have that kind of money. if she dont then the judge told her she would lose her children and go to jail. I mean my sister is going through the ringer with these people. I don't know what to tell her to do..Any help for her
"Broken wings on a small bird"

CASA

Postby CASA » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:04 pm

HECK, NO.

She didn't even have to answer the question if she was on birth control! SHe should have said "My medical history and sex life are none of your business and have nothing to do with me being a better parent."

She cannot be ordered to undergo surgery just because some angry ex and a social worker have a bug up their butts. She has every right to refuse to even DISCUSS the matter. Every surgery has it's risk- do they care if she died under anthesia? They have zero concern for her health.

I can't believe a CPS worker would even respond to a call about a kid not having a HAT ON. If the caller was truly concerned about the welfare of that child, the caller would have run out and thrown a hat on the kid, not called someone to do something about it a couple days later.

It's 2007. The government can't force ANY woman to carry a pregnancy to term, go on birth control, or sterilize herself.

I hope she suggests to CPS that they get some surgery- a breast implant, or nose job perhaps....

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:21 pm

the classes were court ordered?

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 pm

Like go through a class for seperated parents which is 100.00

If they were court ordered, CPS is required to pay for them.
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:56 am

Here is an example of a Community Services Board in Virginia.

In my opinion this would indicate that responsibility for payment of services has to be itemized in a case plan.

http://www.racsb.state.va.us/payment.htm

6. The court ordered me to receive services. Will they pay for my care?

Under most circumstances, you are required to pay for services ordered by the court. Counseling services are eligible for financial assistance. Court ordered evaluations are not.

The federal legislation is big on collecting child support for any welfare services, including foster care.

See Part C

http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title04/0400.htm

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:20 am

I can't believe that she would even bring up sterilization. In fact she is violating her Constituional Right to Liberty to FREEDOM to LIVE the way she wants in her own home. If I were her, I would have wrote a letter to her (Caseworker) to confirm what she SAID:
Have the date when she said that and where.
Like this:
Feb. 3, 2007
Dear Ms. Caseworker:
I am writing to go back to our conversation at my home on Feb. 3, 2007, you had suggested that I get sterilized and have no more children. blah blah blah....please respond back to me if this is not true statement as pursuant to our conversation on Feb. 3rd. If you do not respond to this letter, this would be an automatic true statement to our conversation relayed. blah blah blah

Thank you,

Mrs. Whatever...

CC. TO HER SUPERVISOR AND HER DIRECTOR....
This is very important that you get this on RECORD to what SHE SAID and carbon copy this letter to her Supervisor/Director so this way she CANNOT RETRACT THIS CONVERSTATION ON THAT DAY!
This is a SEVERE VIOLATION OF HER CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!! :shock:
She should NOT have brought up this DISCUSSION! If she acknowledge yes she had said that, I am pretty sure the Supervisor and/or Director will suspend her for unappropriate comments. Or even fire her for unethical code on her job.

You will be seeing a different Caseworker the following week. They always change when some one else violated on their jobs.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:12 pm

You can file a Human Rights Violation with the Human Rights Commission (google Human Rights Commission + your State). You can file the application based on violation of the Human Rights Code:

due to Sex and Pregnancy:

Pregnancy: The RIGHT to equal treatment without discrimination because of sex includes the right to equal treatment without discrimination because a woman is or may become pregnant.

Call the Human Rights Commission as they have 800 Toll Free number and they will mail you the application and you must fill out the application and put in CPS name Organization and the Caseworker's name in it, and you can check mark discrimination based on SEX AND PREGNANCY: and fill these out with dates, caseworker's name, and what she said...sterilization...and so forth.

If I were you, I would do this in a second and make them pay for UNAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS. It is NOT Right.

Write a letter to Casewoker, Supervisor, Director and make sure you keep all the copies, cc. and if they don't do anything, you can give heck back to them by filing a Human Rights Violations.

I did this many times for failure for the CPS to obtain an Interpreter. Now they smarten up and respect my Rights this time around. I will NOT allow them to trample over my Rights. Use your Rights and hold them accountable for their actions against you. It is a VIOLATION.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

kegansmom

Postby kegansmom » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:40 am

Yes the class was court ordered and the judge said that she had to pay for it out of her own pocket..She is going through the class on the 11th. I told her she didn't have to pay for it but she thinks still she has too. My sister is afraid of losing her kids and won't say anything to them. They have even gone so far as to making her get a parent aid. I can't believe they are putting her through all this it is saddening to know that our government is doing this to people. Like a single mom. Her ex is going to sign off all rights to the kids so he don't have to pay child support. They even told her that she is "indicated" because her and her husband split "so that must mean they fought in front of the kids". I told her to fight but she won't because they threatend to take the kids if she didn't oblige by there rules. I am going to try and find a lawyer to help her. I hope so goes with it. She has no car no licence and they tell her if she don't make the kids appt. she is going to lose her kids. So she asked if they would help her get back and forth they said "nope" you have to find a way and find an approperiate sitter for the kids but first they have to have a back ground check through us..She is going through the ringer with these bullshit people and i really feel bad for her. I thank you all for responding.
Jen
"Broken wings on a small bird"

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:57 am

She is indicated just because she split with her husband so that mean they fought in front of the kids?

Where is the proof?
It is mostly on hearsay. But then again CPS can go on ridiculous rides like these outrageous claims just to make a case.

Like anything goes. :roll: They do prey on the poor, weak people who has no means to fend for themselves. They should be HELPING them, not vindicating them.

We can help you.

What a joke!

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:15 pm

The birth control thing is common. They used it against me too and then attached CPS docs to my medical records. I found it by mistake. This was 8 years ago and they were using it against me in court now.
Also they told my mother this 20 years ago that they would take away her food stamps and her medical benefits as well as having cps in her life forever if she didn't get her tubes tied. Even after 20 years she still has medical problems from that procedure but also harbored resentment because of feeling like she had no choice.
I wanted more children but can't because of the medical issues due to CPS getting involved in my medical decisions.
They really hate it now because my dr is so anti goverment it isn't funny. She is very pro parent choice and that we are in charge of ou medical health and the medical decisions for our family. CPS can't get a thing out of her without a direct court order.
Look for a doctor that will support you reguardless of the government views and you will be much happier.

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:23 am

Is the parenting class for separated parents ordered by family court in light of the divorce case or were the classes ordered in juvenile court in regards to the cps case?

Where I live, it is state law that all parents going through a divorce attend parenting classes that focus on how the divorce impacts the kids involved. Parents do have to pay for the classes which run about $100 bucks give or take a few bucks. However, if either or both parents have filed for court financial waivers, and the waivers were granted, the parent(s) will have the fee for the classes waived also.
Hell hath no fury like a parent scorn

Return to “CPS Investigations”