Has Anyone Heard Of This

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

fightingfor3

Has Anyone Heard Of This

Postby fightingfor3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am

I talked to the SW and we are suppose to have a permanency hearing in April or May. She said if it doesn't happen by June she can make a recommendation to dismiss the case. Has anyone ever heard of this?
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Yes, I have heard it before. I got my Case dismissed too. The more they put it off, the more the case gets weaker because of the time line. One Year Case is not sufficient to make a case for them to keep the Children permanently and terminate one parent's parental rights. They have to act immediately. Is it ironic that they wait 9 months later, not 72 hours removal but instead of waiting one week or 2 months later to remove that said child?
They have to prove that the child is in danger of harm and also has to prove that the Parent is NOT ABLE to CARE FOR this Child.

If they can't prove neither, then they can dismiss the case.
Tell them good night! and Good Bye! Hopefully for good. :D
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:38 pm

Well, I don't understand because I've already been adjudicated. Already past the initial permanency hearing. It will be two years they've had custody in May. What happens if they dismiss after they've already adjudicated? Does anyone know if they set a hearing and it is continued, does it then meet whatever requirements and therefore not able to dismiss?
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:33 pm

fightingfor3 wrote:Well, I don't understand because I've already been adjudicated. Already past the initial permanency hearing. It will be two years they've had custody in May. What happens if they dismiss after they've already adjudicated? Does anyone know if they set a hearing and it is continued, does it then meet whatever requirements and therefore not able to dismiss?

I have no faintest idea, but in order to go through the process like Step one Step two... and so forth. Adjudication Hearing would be first, and they decide what goes on, and it ends there or go forward to Permanancy Hearing, then onto the Dependancy Hearing. If you were already adjudicated, and they already decided what's what, then it should end there. But if the Kids are in their custody, they can prolong however long they want. Like you said, two years. Keep in mind, that they only keep Kids up to two Years in Foster Care. or they will decide whether these Kids go up for Adoptions or go into permanent foster care. But since they don't have evidence to back up for the Hearing, that is why they are dismissing the case.
They don't have anything to go on so they have no options but to dismiss the case and go into Transitatory State to return the Kids back home. That would be Renufication Process.
But Like I said, I have no idea and not sure about this one.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:58 pm

I have heard of that too. In my case what I did was make it so there is nothing to talk about in mediation. So by the time mediation happens I will have completed everything they were asking a judge to order so it will be dismissed hopefully. They can change their minds in a split second down there so anything can happen even a dismissal

Return to “CPS Investigations”