Update on court

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ldsmama5

Update on court

Postby ldsmama5 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:52 pm

We had the criminal portion of court today and it ended finally.
They only let the posecution talk and I just had to take the punishment. The judge got it that I am ovestressed because of the persecution I am under. So the case against us was flimsy except for the part about my 8 yr old hitting my 6 yr old. So we plead out on an abayance. We didn't have my son who is disabled in therapy for anger issues at the time so they said that if we follow cps and do whatever they want and have no founded reports in a year it will all be dismissed.
It stinks that I now have this over me and if someone calls in on me I risk 20 yrs in prison.
We go into a mediation in juvenile next month but my lawyers are very happy.
We jumped the gun and have done everything that they were going to request the thing they don't like is that I did this with my own people and not theirs but hey it is done. They arn't even requesting to take my kids and never have taken them, but they sure did give the criminal judge that impression. We will be done with everything before summer. That is what it looks like now though. You never know what they will spring on you.
The bottom line is that when my state saw all the investigations done in Oregon they took it as though it has been in court when they never have been. We learned that in Oregon they do criminal profiling on people. CPS over there fills out a form to see how much monitoring you need. They also investigated us without our knowledge many times. In 7 years they did 58 investigations before we had it and moved. I think that is overkill. Only 2 they said were founded and we had evidence to get that thrown out.
The thing that made mereally mad was that the judge scolded my husband. He said that he needed to be helping more around the house and not work so much and that he needed to be a leader in our home. Well my husband always helps out and he leads well. As for working too much he really does but we are barely making it as it is. The judge was also going off of when he worked a 9-5 job.
The thing is that he is in trouble if he works and misses out on some things because he now works nights, but then he is in trouble if he cuts his hours because he isn't financially providing even ifhe is there.
Just can't win with these people.
My kids still think this is funny all the attention they get over all this and their take on this is that it will be fun to live in foster care playland that they have been told about and if I don't give them what they want then they will call the cops. Maybe that will change too.

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:46 pm

Another update is that the gaurdian at litem dropped by unexpectely and loved us. We gained major points with her because of her talking to the kids and our decisions to sacrifice ourselves to protect the kids. I have huge hopes and so does our lawyers. Most of our small town has called to see when they can come to support us so it is awesome to feel like we have so much support.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 pm

My kids still think this is funny all the attention they get over all this and their take on this is that it will be fun to live in foster care playland that they have been told about and if I don't give them what they want then they will call the cops.

Not having read all of your posts I am going to comment on the above quote.

Perhaps your children would love to hear from our granddaughter the real scoop on "foster care playland." Perhaps this will change their minds and they won't be so quick to threaten you.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Well this idea they had came from a CPS worker that would speak to them at school in oregon several times a week. This worker was posted at the school and I found out that 25-50% of the kids were under investigation or services. One family I know of had their kids put into foster care and returned in a week because they said the kids weren't being supervised enough because the son would skip classes occationally. This kid is high school and the parents worked. Well they took all three kids and one was raped in foster care. When this was reported the cps workers did nothing except threaten to put the kids back in there. This is going through civil channels now since all wrongdoing was denied.
Knowing this family so well you would think that my kids would have learned but no. Seeing articles of children beinghurt infoster care hasn't helped either. I think time will tell. This mindset willbe hard to change especially when I have lived in fear of CPS my entirelife. As a child and as a parent with little space in between. I have learned alot and actually going to court will probably proove our case that we are not what they paint us to be because sofar everyone they send our way since being in this new state has said that. Also their new school situation is much better with people we are close with that understand and my children now behave better than they used to but they also have made major school improvements.
The kids still threaten but there are now barriers to their threats.

Return to “CPS Investigations”