UPDATE!!! SHOULD HE GET CPS INVOLVED? UPDATE!!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

heartbrokenparents

UPDATE!!! SHOULD HE GET CPS INVOLVED? UPDATE!!!

Postby heartbrokenparents » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 pm

My brother just phoned me and said he found out today that the baby was born approx. 5 days ago, and the mother left the hospital without the baby...

What should he do...???

Need advice!!!!

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:23 pm

One idea would be to file a kidnapping report.

At least then it would be on record, since you can't trust social services with accurate record-keeping.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:26 pm

If you know which hospital and when, and where, and things like that. You can claim the baby now. Because she left it there. So that's Abandonment issue and you should report to the Police wondering where that baby went. Father's Rights should help you to immediately reclaim the baby before they even put it up to Adoption.
Remember, they only have (I believe 6 months) before the Adoption becomes Final. I am not sure about the time line, it could be 3 months or 6 months on paperwork procedure before it can finally becomes Final Adoption Process.

Try anything! Go into the Hospital and find out where is the heck your baby was. Then they will see if the Adoption is a mistake, then they would have no choice but to question why you are the Father, then you can halt all Adoption Procedures. You are the Father. Demand Paternity Tests right there at the Hospital if they ask you. I would do anything.
Put in Ad, missing child, born on xxx at this Hospital, I am the seeking Father reclaiming this said child. Please contact me at xxx xxxx. Talk to the Police, talk to anybody, talk to Pro Bono Lawyer. Call for free Consultation Fee up to 30 minutes to talk to a Lawyer to find out what your Rights are and what your Chances to get Custody of the said Child.
File Motions to intervene in Court to get Custody of the Baby. Then the Judge will ORDER PATERNITY TESTS. Then if you are indeed the Father, then you should have the right to have Sole Custody of the Child because the Mother entirely gave up her parental rights. Period.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

ldsmama5

Postby ldsmama5 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:03 pm

Definately call the hospital. If social services or the police came and got the baby then it is generally under the safe haven clause where a woman can leave a baby at a safe place with no legal issues. However the clause also states that she has 30 days to change her mind. I believe this would also be true for men. They have 30 days to claim a child that had been abandoned under the safe haven clause. The child would therefore be returned with no ramifications.
If your state isn't a safe haven state the child has then been taken to social services who will place for immediate adoption. He must make a claim once he knows who has the baby. He will then have to go through the home inspections and the like to get the child back but will get the child back. Usually this is a slam dunk with a paternity test.
Providing him with as much support as possible will help him alot during this time and will also support his case if social services does have the child.
If there was an adoption there is a time factor and making his claim with that agency will block the adoption. The hospital would also have that information.

Return to “CPS Investigations”