Finding a lawyer

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

desertcry

Finding a lawyer

Postby desertcry » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 am

Does anyone know of a site or anything where I might be able to find a lawyer that is willing to stand up against CPS? We are getting sick of not getting anywhere.
Child Abuse is WRONG!!!! Those that falsely accuse people of child abuse and take their children ARE also guilty of child abuse!!!!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:46 am

Just google your State + Lawyer + Child PROTECTION CASE

Some will be bound to pop up. If not, you check under States board to see if there are Lawyers referrals. There are also Lawyer Referrals under either here or other Boards.

http://www.google.com then put in your State's plus Attorney plus CHILD PROTECTION CASE.

You can always call Legal Aid to find out if they will help you, they will help you ONLY if the Children are REMOVED.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:25 am

Desert,

I had to get a lawyer for a private case a few years back and what I did, is go down to the court house and I asked the attorneys themselfs who would the fear going up against the most. Everyone had the same answer. I found out where the judges hung out at a local coffee shop and one morning I went there and asked them who do you think is the best attorney that visits your court room. They had the same answer as the other lawyers. I hired that lawyer the same day.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:45 am

Good advice rlfroo, I remember a couple GAL's talking about lawyers that had questioned them on the stand... One lawyer questioned so well they both would ask him to not make them cry on the stand.. He was for the defense :)
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:02 pm

When I first started my war with CPS I had read some very good advice on finding a lawyer. Research cases that are simular to yours. Find lawyers that have won against CPS ...If you see the same name reoccuring ..thats the one you want.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:02 am

Momoffor wrote:When I first started my war with CPS I had read some very good advice on finding a lawyer. Research cases that are simular to yours. Find lawyers that have won against CPS ...If you see the same name reoccuring ..thats the one you want.

Yes that is a smart advice for all Parents is to do RESEARCH on Lawyers BEFOREHAND before hiring them. So they don't get bad lawyers.

They can do research by:

1. Go to Courthouses, go visit previous cases by that Lawyer and review cases (Court Library would be good research)

2. Sit in Courthouses and see how the Lawyers act. Do they fight, or are they lackey? Most of the time, Family Courts would be closed to the Public, but you would be lucky enough to slip through, rarely they are open to the public, it is up to the Judge for any access to the Public. You can use Criminal Courts to access for the same Lawyers that would do Juvenile Cases.

3. Call all Lawyers and ASK QUESTIONS...are they qualified? What are their backgrounds and how many CPS Cases they have won???

4. Ask around, ask other Parents if this Lawyer is any good. They will tell you if he is good or not. Usually you can see the Parents in the hallways at the Courthouse, and you can ask them if they are any good or not. This I have tried and got great results.

5. Surfing the Internet, and do research and check all their casefiles on the Internet , google their names and type in Child Protection Cases, and some will pop up. Check Newspapers of their success (same example as California CPS Case, Lawyers had advertised their names and address at the bottom) That's how Parents will come to them asking for help.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”