filing a report regarding emotional abuse by fosterer

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

stacymarks

filing a report regarding emotional abuse by fosterer

Postby stacymarks » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:35 pm

caseworker has advised me to file a complaint agains the foster mother after I sent him this.
Hello

The hour and a half that scarlett was here at my home was very uncomfortable for Alexandra, Stacy, myself. The ride from and to the park and ride were as well. It felt as though Sharon was in the car and my home asking questions and making statements.

I have been trying to figure out how to say this for 3 days because Alexandra told me that she was upset about the visit and I have to say something to someone.

The one thing that really upset Alexandra and myself is that Scarlett told us that "Sharon told her she had to play with Ralph only, because she might never see him again"
When I tried to sit down with Scarlett and Ralph to play she would stop playing and when I left the room she would start playing with Ralph again. Alexandra was treated the same way.
Scarlett spent the first hour of the hour and a half she was here looking through every room in my house with the the intent of an investigator. Scarlett seemed to have a pre programmed agenda and when she was done then she started to play with ralph.

During the last visit Alexandra gave Scarlett a sweeter, apparently Sharon did not approve and put it in a box with the rest of the things we have given her over the last 2 years. Alexandra told her if She did not want it she should give it back to her so she could give it to someone that could ware it. Scarlett's response was disturbing. "sharon told me not to tell you I couldn't ware it because it would be disrespectful and hurt your feelings." I told Scarlett the truth never hurt anyone and being honest is not disrespectful..

I am not sure who came to my house on Saturday, Scarlett or Sharon. my attoney told me this is what I could expect because of Sharon's manipulating and controlling behavior. I did not want to believe him, but I have physical proof to believe him now. It really is unfortunate for Scarlett because I know she doesn't know she is doing it. That is how manipulation is supposed to work.

Scarlett used to call me dad Now I'm "AAron", she used to love playing with Alexandra now she wont give her the time of day. I'm not sure what Sharon has done to Scarlett but it really sucks. I have lost a daughter and ALexandra has lost her sister to Sharon's manipulation of a 6 year old child.

I think you need/should talk to Alexandra and get her view of what she thinks and how this make her feel, She told me I had to tell you this, so I have. She couldn't talk to the judge in court but she does talk to me.
This is keeping me up at nights, it's 3:00 am.

the only one that answered back right away was the CASA and this was my response to her....
You are the first, I figured it might take a while to get a response from this.
Just so you are aware when Scarlett gave me a hug about the end of our visit and I could feel a scared little girl who loved me and did not want to let me go, but when I look at her she is an empty shell looking out my window trying to figure out what is going on. She did sit and just look out my front window for about 15 minutes not saying a word to anyone, after that is when she started to play. I love Scarlett as much as I love Cassandra, Alexandra and Ralph, Scarlett is so distant it is frightening. What happened to the happy playful little girl we love? We want her back. There are other things that I have noticed as well, I'm just not saying them yet. This really up sets me, Alexandra and Stacy and I do not want to come off the wrong way or say something out of line. I have worked to hard and come to far to act like that. Patience is not a virtue for me it is a learned behavior I practice.

what is anyones advise on this situation. I feel so bad for my little girl, she is only 6 and it feels like she is lost in all this.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm

I don't believe the Caseworker saying you can file a complaint against the foster mother. They are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. This is probably a trick to over throw you, and make you take down your defenses.

I would just get a Lawyer and sue the Foster Mother, plain and simple. Lawsuit. If you have PROOF and EVIDENCE of this harm on the Kids, then you can do this.
Get ready, get all the paperwork ready, all documents, all medical records, including School Records, and Counsellor records, etc...and pile them up and get the Foster Mother's Documents of her response to you, get that in for evidence. I remember a while back that she wrote you a letter attacking you saying you won't get these Kids and she is intent on Adopting the boy. Remember that one?
Use that one. Plus some kind of evidence that she was at your house harrassing you.
I would call the Police, so you can have a Police record/report as PROOF/Evidence that She was at your house. Use that as Evidence for your Lawsuit.

You are right, Enough is Enough. All of your Family has been persecuted enough, time to stop right now.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “CPS Investigations”