Detective involvement

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kwalt735

Detective involvement

Postby kwalt735 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:03 am

This is something new in my experiences with CPS. Instead of having a social worker interview my children I have a detective handling my case. Does this mean that there's evidence of abuse? Should I be worried? There have been several allegations agianst both me and my exhusband....my son has made a disclosure in the past about his dad. Although they have never prosecuted. It's interesting the timing too. Always when I start the court process to move out of state I have issues with CPS that will probably stop me from moving. I am curious though, is it normal for a detective to handle my case. I hired an attorney for my children during the interview process to protect their rights. Should I be concerned?

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:09 am

I am curious though, is it normal for a detective to handle my case. I hired an attorney for my children during the interview process to protect their rights. Should I be concerned?

Usually a detective conducts the interview to see if there is evidence to file criminal charges against someone..
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

racer_amx

Postby racer_amx » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:17 pm

The last thing I would do is talk with a detective! All the detective is there to do is build a CRIMINAL case against you. You need to talk with a lawyer before you say ANYTHING to the detective. The detective will use your interviews to glean information and try to get Incriminating evidence to put you or your husband (possibly both) in PRISON.

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:50 pm

Save yourself a world of suffering and say NOTHING! My family made the mistake of cooperating and discussing the case with the detective on our case and he has literally made our lives a living hell with all of his lies. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't say one word.....

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:10 am

I would think that would be safe bet to protect your Family Interests. If best in anything, talk MINIMALLY AS POSSIBLE. Yes or no answers should be sufficient. Do not talk about your pasts, what you do, and stuff like that. That alone can come back and haunt you.

We all have Miranda Rights and we have the right to use them.

Detectives asking questions are just procedure, and they are just investigating and if you have no wrong doing, and there are no evidence of such thing, there is nothing to worry about.

I would advise to reserve a Lawyer "just in case".
Keep ALL EVIDENCE in your possession and never volunteer evidence to them (CPS and Police), they can find it themselves, it is THEIR JOB To find the EVIDENCE.
You can use YOUR EVIDENCE in Court if they charge you of such blantant false crime.
Keep your Evidence in your Files and keep copies elsewhere just in case they come in your home with a Search Warrant and seize your evidences. Keep tapes, documents, paperwork and so forth in other accessible locations such as Bank Safe Vaults, or at your Parents, whatever.
These Evidences can REBUT Their allegations and it will save you the pain of going through Criminal Courts being charged for something you did not even do.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

justina78

DO NOT TALK TO THE DETECTIVE

Postby justina78 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:35 pm

they will twist every word you say around and make you guilty

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:51 am

Yes.

There would always be two detectives playing mind games, one good cop and one bad cop. Beware of those.

One perfect defense to stop all these invasive questioning:

"I WANT MY LAWYER".

Everything will immediately stop.
Your Lawyer will listen and talk to them WHEN APPROPRIATE and will protect you from malicious charges.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

kwalt735

Postby kwalt735 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:05 am

Hiring an attorney was the right thing to do it seems. My attorney contacted the prosecutor's office and spoke with the detective. Once the detective found out I had an attorney he called me back and said there must have been some mistake. After reviewing my file he said he didn't see a reason to be involved at this time.

Best part is, all my attorney did was tell him to postpone questioning until we had a meeting. It cost me nothing and now this guy is gone.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:15 am

Thats good to hear kwalt :wink:

Are the issues with CPS settled as well??

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:53 am

kwalt735 wrote:Hiring an attorney was the right thing to do it seems. My attorney contacted the prosecutor's office and spoke with the detective. Once the detective found out I had an attorney he called me back and said there must have been some mistake. After reviewing my file he said he didn't see a reason to be involved at this time.

Best part is, all my attorney did was tell him to postpone questioning until we had a meeting. It cost me nothing and now this guy is gone.

See? Your Best defense is having a Lawyer. This Guy must have done illegal acts that goes against your Rights to a Lawyer. They were supposed to tell you about the rights to a Lawyer, but not formally charged of any criminal charges, but just investigating, there were supposed to have two cops there to ask questions, not just one because it would become biased.
Glad the guy is gone. Make sure your Lawyer stays on top of things. :wink:

Return to “CPS Investigations”