What is a permanency planning team staffing meeting?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Diando

What is a permanency planning team staffing meeting?

Postby Diando » Tue May 01, 2007 2:15 pm

I don't know what this means. This is for/concerning my granddaughter.

Please help me!

sarahjones

Postby sarahjones » Tue May 08, 2007 6:59 pm

did her case just start? where is your grandchild placed right now?

Diando

permanancy planning placing

Postby Diando » Wed May 09, 2007 5:04 am

This started when she was born 01/11/2007. My daughter smoked pot while in labor. I had custody, but my daughter took her home, the babies fathers Mother and sister called CPS because they don't think he is the father. (per DNA he is) CPS came and took her.

Anyway, the case has been to court and goes back on May 31st. The parents were not invited to this hearing. I do not understand, or know what to expect. The case worker that is listed on the paperwork is not their case worker. She was removed by the Judge in April.

The whole case is a mess.

My grandaughter is in a Foster home.

Please help. The appt is at 4:00 pm today

my e-mail is [email protected] if you want to e-mail me directly.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed May 09, 2007 5:11 am

Here is the Permanency Link on the federal Child Welfare site.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/permanency/index.cfm

Here are the links to state laws.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... /index.cfm

Here are the Permanency Planning links on that site.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... entall.pdf

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... estall.pdf

florida999

Postby florida999 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:54 am

im assuming that you had custody but allowed you daughter to take the baby home? then when cps was called the took the baby, they would not place her back with you because you had allowed your daughter to take her? that is why she is now in a foster home?

Diando

what is permanancy placement

Postby Diando » Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 am

Well, ya'll were right. They have no intentions of giving her back even though all ua's are clean and they are doing all of their classes. They told us yesterday that they are looking of adoption familes. The baby is now real sick. She was in perfect heath when she went into foster care. They are saying she has a heart murmur, something wrong with her head, she can't breathe out of her nose, threw up all over my daughter during the visitation. She cried for the whole hour. When it was over they took her and put her in the car seat while she was crying and left with her while she was crying (in the carseat). We did tape record the meeting. They told 7 lies. We have the paper work to back up what they are lying about. Each time I confronted them about the lie they said we are not here to discuss that. They also said they my daughter tested positive for opiates at birth. We got the report from the Pediatrician to prove otherwise. I could go on and on but I have to go now.

florida999

Postby florida999 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:13 am

does your daughter have an attorney? have court hearing been set? has you daughter signed any case plan or anything. they told you that they are looking into adoption? are the parents together? if so do either of them have PRIOR drug history? im not asking if they have used in the past, im asking if there is document proof of prior drug use. i.e. failed tests, ect. beside just this one. you case is certainly to new to already be talking adoption unless there are some past problems you havent spoke about. is this her first child? has she had envolvment with cps before?

Diando

what is permanacy placement

Postby Diando » Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 am

Her and the father have court appointed attorneys. They are looking for an outside attorney today. They signed one case plan and are in the final weeks of finishing up. We have gone to court 2x. So far the Judge is on our side. It goes back to court May 31st. They said in the meeting last night since they refused to meet with them to sign a new case plan (per attorneys advise) that when they go to the next visitation they are going force them into one unexpectedly, they (CPS)need this done before the 31st. I told them to take the video camera and have someone tape the nexts visits and also for them to use the recorder and not to sign anything or try not to even talk to them. CPS probably wont let them see they baby if they don't comply. They have already cheated them out of several visits. My daughter got arrested for Marijuana 2yrs ago but it was dismissed. My son-in-law was arrested for marijuana over 3yrs ago. No positive ua's except the one at birth. 1st baby. No past or prior trouble with CPS. Yes the parents are together. In court the Judge said if my son-in-law left her then he could get the baby. I thought CPS and the law were supposed to try and keep families together..... boy was I wrong!

florida999

Postby florida999 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:05 am

no cps is notorious for trying to split families up. my children were taken from me because i rufused to lie and say he was a threat to my children and get a restraining order. unfortunately alot of parents dont know what to do when cps comes knocking until its too late. then learn their rights AFTER they have had there children taken, and they start to research. its the old if I only knew then.....your daughter and son in law shouldnt sign anything else. they should just nicely say ill have my attorney look it over. if you can afford to hire a private attorney that would be great for your case. keep all the drug screens-take them ALL of them to every court hearing. i dont know how often they are testing. my husband did once a week at a local place and the test were like 4 bucks. we did this on our own, and brought all the test to the judge. I would suggest if cps isnt testing often enough to find a place like I suggested, and (PRIVATELY) test at least one a week do not give these tests to cps, let your attorney submit them in court. and attend all classes. we had our children returned to us this way in about 3 months. and it was the judge that reunified us, against the wishes of cps.

Diando

what is permanacy placement

Postby Diando » Thu May 10, 2007 7:58 am

Thank you for your advise. We will do that. They are being tested through the drug classes however, I like the idea of having them do it theirselves.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu May 10, 2007 8:51 am

OMG, theyre already thinking about adoptions? What is wrong with these people? What is WRONG with placing the baby with you? You are the grandparent, right? You have the right to gain custody accordind to grandparent's rights, and there is always AFSA Law.

They are not for renuficiation (bringing families together and unite them through Services).

Uggh. just makes my stomach turn every time I hear many stories like these. And poor baby is crying, is there a bond between the Mother and the baby? Prove that there is a bond so you can claim that there is a best interest of the child because they have the strong bond between the mother and the baby. That's the bond they cannot over look or ignore.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

florida999

Postby florida999 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:08 am

according to her first post, she did at first have custody of the baby. but she allowed the mom to take her, so I figure that is the reason they would not give gramdma the baby the second time.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 am

florida999 wrote:according to her first post, she did at first have custody of the baby. but she allowed the mom to take her, so I figure that is the reason they would not give gramdma the baby the second time.

As it seems it is a Custody Case where they have to take it to Family Courts and most case, CPS don't get involved in Custody Case and Divorce, but sometimes they do.

I think the Grandma should take it to Court and seek Custody of the baby. But CPS will probably impose homestudy and many checks or even mention to the Judge that this Grandma was risking the baby to the daughter. But there are so many discrepancies as she states there aren't any drugs in her system at birth. They are capable of lying. So the problem is that she needs to PROVE with Evidence that she is not a drug user during that time at birth.
They need to clear their names and prove before the Judge. That's what needs to be done. Mostly Judges would admit hearsay from CPS and won't look at the Evidence but enter the Evidence in the Court records anyways by filing the declaration of fact sheets. So this way the court record will stay there, and CPS cannot change anything.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Diando

What is permanancy placement

Postby Diando » Thu May 10, 2007 10:54 am

The mother and baby tested positive for marijuana. They have presented 7 certificates from completed classes and several negative ua's. Neither, the Judge, the Adlidem or either attorneys (court appointed) understand why she took the baby. She (CPS) testified in court that she did not see any drugs or any of the other things that she put in her report. In the meeting yesterday she said that the mother tested positive for heroin and the baby tested positive for Marijuana. We got the report from the Peditrician stating that they both only tested positive for marijuana at the birth. There are so many things that they have flat out lied about. At least now we have proof that these things were right out lies. I so appreciate everybodys inputs. It makes me feel not so alone....

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Fri May 11, 2007 5:30 am

Diando,

In my state, parents that give birth to children and both parent and child are positive for any drugs, they "fast Track" them. This means that the birth parents really only have 6 months to do what the court is asking. I am concerned that you said your daughter has passed "several" ua's, vs. all her UA's. I am a foster mom who specializes in Drug exposed infants. If there is one piece of advice I can give it would be to never, ever, no matter what, never miss a UA. If a person misses these, it is always considered a dirty test, and this looks horrible in court from what I hear. In my area if you miss a test or test is dirty you start over. The window of opportunity to reunite a new born infant and mother is small. Good luck to you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

Diando

What is permanacy

Postby Diando » Fri May 11, 2007 6:05 am

Thank you for your reply. Let me rephrase. My daughter and son-in-law have passed every UA. They have finished 7 classes. They are now doing their drug classes. She got 95hrs he got, I think, 20 something. He is almost done. She should be done in about 3 weeks. They are not drug abusers. Yes, she is guilty of smoking Marijuana while she was pregneat but that is all. The Case workers outright lie to make their cases against families. I have them on recording outright lying. We can prove through documentation that what they are saying are lies. The CPS worker wrote in a report that she saw drugs, dog poop and other things. She testified in court that she did not see any of those things and that the apartment was clean. That is just one of many things....

We have found an attorney and will be taking it straight to Jury trial.

My daughter is 20 he is 23 they had a really good life going on. Good job, good medical insurance, nice apartment, life insurance, 401k dental insurance etc.... and a contract on a house.... Since the baby was taken a couple of months ago, he has lost 2 jobs now, no more medical, dental,life, no 401k. CPS has ruined their lives. How many drug addicks, or 20 yr olds do you know with all that going on for them? Or just 20 yr olds period!
Last edited by Diando on Fri May 11, 2007 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Frustrated

Re: What is permanacy

Postby Frustrated » Fri May 11, 2007 6:24 am

Diando wrote:Thank you for your reply. Let me rephrase. My daughter and son-in-law have passed every UA. They have finished 7 classes. They are now doing their drug classes. She got 95hrs he got, I think, 20 something. He is almost done. She should be done in about 3 weeks. They are not drug abusers. Yes, she is guilty of smoking Marijuana while she was pregneat but that is all. The Case workers outright lie to make their cases against families. I have them on recording outright lying. We can prove through documentation that what they are saying are lies. The CPS worker wrote in a report that she saw drugs, dog poop and other things. She testified in court that she did not see any of those things and that the apartment was clean. That is just one of many things....

We have found an attorney and will be taking it straight to Jury trial.

That is great news that you had reserved an Attorney, maybe the attorney will set the records straight. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and good luck in Court. :wink:

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Fri May 11, 2007 9:22 am

That is great that they are taking all their tests and they are coming out clean. That will be of great help to them in court. In my experience with SS, it is rare that I ever get an infant with just exposure to marajuana. I usually take the ones that are addicted to meth, heroine or cocaine. Marijuana is kind of a side dish to these. I have been doing this a long time and honestly I have never had one infant that tested positive for just marijuana. (I usually get the hospital reports, this helps me to know what symptoms I can expect).

Sounds like your daughter is doing everything they have asked. In my experience those are the babies that are returned home the quickest. Usually if the parent tests clean for 3 months straight, the children are returned prior to 6 months. It is a shame that they have not placed this baby with family. Family is where this child should be placed vs. foster care, if it is at all possible. In my area we have Family 2 Family. This is a program to quickly reunite families and when they can notm to support the relatives they place the child with. You may want to check to see if this program is in effect in your area as this was supposed to be a nationwide program. I wish you and your family all the best in this horrific time of your lives. I will pray that your family is reunited as quickly as possible.

Diando

What is permanancy placement

Postby Diando » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:34 am

Well we went to court on May 31, 2007. I got my granddaughter back. She was severly neglected by the Foster Parents. We have it on video and pictures. CPS tried to hide the neglect, we caught them, since the case is not over yet I can't tell ya'll everything that went on. However, as soon as it is we will attach our video to the Stolen Baby video on u tube. You will not believe what you see and hear! I will also post all of our notes (timeline of events) and everything else pertaining to this case.

I need to know at what part/when the permanacy placement meeting should have taken place. I was told after or right at a year. I need verification of that. It wasn't even a month after they took her. I have also been told by an ex-CPS worker and other people including her Peditrician that CPS doesn't take babies away where them and the mother only test positive for marijuana.

There have been so many lies and false allegations in this case it is unreal! We have recorded almost everything. My attorney, my daughters attorney and the ad litem have never seen anything like this in their many, many years of practice. I really can't elaborate anymore until it is over. We are going to try and take it to Jury trial to end it before Sept.

Please keep us in your prayers and thank you for all of your replies. Without this website and everyone on it we could not have accomplished what we did.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:14 pm

That is wonderful news. Keep on fighting and expose for what they are. They are Sellers, Kidnappers of Children.

Poor these Children of what they went through! imagine that? Children who cannot fend for themselves, are abused and neglected by strangers. I definetely keep you and your Family in my prayers but I add to this, I keep the prayer chain for ALL The Children in their care to be reunited with their parents/families. They deserve better than being abused by the hands of CAS and Foster Parents and others. They need to answer to this action and be held accountable for these actions as well.

Return to “CPS Investigations”