Have a Question

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

eyeq181

Have a Question

Postby eyeq181 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:00 am

If a CPS caseworker is neglectful in something that can cause a child there life wouldn't that win your case?

If your daughter calls you and tells you that her bottom is red and hurts really bad and she don't know why. Wouldn't you have the right to know why, and if they don't investagate it wouldn't they be in trouble.

And can they be liable for humiliation when they taunt a child for being different. It's in there hand book to remove a child for that reason alone.

These are things that they take your kids over, even less. Shouldn't they be held accounted for?

They can almost kill, send them off to a molester, and say opps and when you asked what happened they give you the same answer no results yet, if they are not running from you.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 am

Parents can call the state agency that licenses social workers, and file a complaint against the licensed head of their local agency for letting something like this happen.

Parents can call the state child abuse hotline and file a report, naming the caseworker as the perpetrator for allowing this to happen. They can ask that the case be referred to the court, because it may be be set up so that Social Services doesn't investigate itself and the court decides who will investigate it.

If a child is being abused in foster care, and the social worker knows about it and doesn't do anything about it, then the parent can call law enforcement. The state licensing agency in our state advised doing that in one case we had on this forum.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:19 pm

Marina wrote:

"Parents can call the state child abuse hotline and file a report, naming the caseworker as the perpetrator for allowing this to happen. They can ask that the case be referred to the court, because it may be be set up so that Social Services doesn't investigate itself and the court decides who will investigate it. "

It doesn't work that way--at least not in TX.

I called the child abuse hotline to file a report on my caseworker. They said they don't do that--conflict of interest, etc.

They said I would have to call the supervisor's supervisor. Then, the supervisor/administrator above that one, and then the ombonsman's office. Said it had to go in that order.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:15 am

Today I was talking to my daughter who is still in a shelter after 3 1/2 weeks.

She has been trying to escape. Yesterday she almost fell 2 storys at the shelter. She was reaching for the pole when they grabbed her. Now this has gotten really insaine. I could here them in the back ground calling them horrible names. I try to comfort my daughter and tell her to be strong and hang in there, but she calls it jail with video games. She has been hit and slapped since she has been in there. She tried to defend herself and she got a spanking while the little boy that slapped her got nothing.

I am so afaid she something bad is going to happen to her. She is ADD. Which means she does alot of things without thinking them through and she is so smart.

I am so ready to just walk in there and tell them just how stupid this whole thing is and get my kids. If that were the case we would all be doing it.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:45 am

CPS Worker< if you are Reading this, do something about it, the foster parents are abusing this girl. Do something about it. Why are the Workers allowing this to happen?! They are true Abusers.

To eye181: you must report this to everybody, her supervisor, try call the hotline...put down address, or foster parent's name. Not the Caseworker's name. Put down foster parent's name. They will go and investigate that house and see if there is a mark on her butt. They will ask the girl if she was being spanked harshly and they will remove her out of that hell hole. Most likely transferred. Just report to everybody, tell your Caseworker and address your concerns, make sure she writes it down in her casefiles. Write a letter and put down the abuse from foster parent and make a copy for your files. Make sure they know this is Carbon copy. So they can't just throw it out in the garbage. They have to put down your concerns in their case files knowing that the abuse occured in THEIR CARE!!!!

Tell anybody. Supervisor, Director, Ombudsman, your Worker, Call the Police to go to that address and investigate. Call the Hot line and tell them that the foster parent is abusing a girl in there.

Is there a Police Incident Report about her almost falling down from 2 story building from the Pole? Get that incident report for your files.
Poor girl trying to escape her Foster Abusers. Shame! Shame on CPS worker for placing her there to be abused.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:21 pm

How old is your dd?

What is this shelter?

Do you have other chldren & where are they?

Did you hear the workers calling her or other kids bad names?

If so, that is emotional abuse.

I remember a few years ago that a teenage girl called 911....the operator could hear the grandmother calling the girl names & saying she'd never amount to anything, etc.

The grandmother was charged with emotional abuse.

What are your tape recording laws? What state are you in? In some states, you can tape recorder as long as ONE party in the conversation (YOU) knows it is being tape recorded. I think you need to start recording every phone call with your dd.

Do file an officlal complaint with your cps office. Send it registered mail.

Some here have suggessted at times to call the police & ask them to do a welfare check (Which is where they make sure the child is okay...well being) on the child. See if you can do this. Tell them about the name calling, your dd's behind being red & hurting, etc.

Call the abuse hotline & make a report ON the shelter!!!!

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:23 pm

Why were your children removed?

Does cps have tempoary managing conservatorship?

Do you have a lawyer?

If you have a lawyer, see if you can get him to file something in court for a hearing to inform the judge of what is going on with your dd. See if she can testify or talk to the judge in his chambers.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:05 pm

How old is your dd? My daughter is 6 years old

What is this shelter? This is at the shelter they take your kids to when they are removed. Which they are suppose to be placed in foster care after 14 days it's been a month.

Do you have other chldren & where are they? yes a 13 year old son (stay with a friend of ours), and my 2 year old son in emergancy foster care which is up tomarrow. They have been separated for the last month.

Did you hear the workers calling her or other kids bad names? All the time, and we don't use yelling as a forum of punishment, we take away special things like going to the movies.

Why were your children removed? I had a sesiure and my 6 year old unlocked the door and sent my 2 year old out to get help. I can to as the cops were at my door. I was on mom mode not totally aware what had happened. And the police never asked me if I was aright. My son got a bruise on hiis ear, so they took my kids.

Does cps have tempoary managing conservatorship? yes I have only seen my kids once since all of this. I can talk to my daughter on the phone, but that is it. We have supervised visits and we are told we will be lucky if we even get to see them once a month.

Do you have a lawyer? yes, and she told us that we might be able to get our kids back, just on the fact that my 2 year old almost died when they gave him peanut butter, which we told them and the cop that took my kids he is highly allergic to it. They neglected him.

We are going to court on Tuesday.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:29 pm

How old is your dd? My daughter is 6 years old

What is this shelter? This is at the shelter they take your kids to when they are removed. Which they are suppose to be placed in foster care after 14 days it's been a month.

Do you have other chldren & where are they? yes a 13 year old son (stay with a friend of ours), and my 2 year old son in emergancy foster care which is up tomarrow. They have been separated for the last month.

Did you hear the workers calling her or other kids bad names? All the time, and we don't use yelling as a forum of punishment, we take away special things like going to the movies.

Why were your children removed? I had a sesiure and my 6 year old unlocked the door and sent my 2 year old out to get help. I can to as the cops were at my door. I was on mom mode not totally aware what had happened. And the police never asked me if I was aright. My son got a bruise on hiis ear, so they took my kids.

Does cps have tempoary managing conservatorship? yes I have only seen my kids once since all of this. I can talk to my daughter on the phone, but that is it. We have supervised visits and we are told we will be lucky if we even get to see them once a month.

Do you have a lawyer? yes. A good one.

We are going to court on Tuesday.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:30 am

They took your kids away just because you had a seizure?
Do you have some one in your house like your husband or a boyfriend/partner? Is there any other people living in the home?

Do you have medications to control your seizures? It happens. My Son has Seizures 4 to 6 per week so I know how that goes.

Looks like you need a better lock to keep them inside but it is tough as CPS might claim that you would be neglect or not supervising them right, because of your medical condition.

I bet they will do a home study on your home to make sure everything is safetied such as locks and cupboards, etc...etc...

Work on Reunification Plan which means it is a process to do Services in order to get your Children returned. I don't know what kind of Services offered to you given that you had a medical condition. Go over these with your Lawyer. Do not sign until your Lawyer reads it to make sure it is legit.

I know this is hard, but hang in there. Work with your Lawyer and do not tell more stuff to your CPS Worker like your past histories as it can be used against you once more.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:21 am

i have read so many stories about medical conditions and pschological conditions causing parents to lose custody of their children. it is sad when a disorder that you have no control over is used against you to remove your children. siezure disorder is a condition that most people have no control over. my daughter suffers from it, my stepson also does too, along with a large group of members of my husband's family. i often think my husband does too, but i have no proof because being a stubborn pighead man he will not go to the doctor.
my point is that their is a majority of the world who suffer from this disorder, some can control it with medication some can not. the fact you had a siezure and your child sent someone to get help was very grown up. you may want to present it like this to a judge, i had no plans on having a seizure and i was taking my meds as prescribed and it had been so long since my last seizure that i never thought to give my children a safety plan. your honor i made a mistake in not planning for my seizure disorder, but my children should not suffer becuase of my disorder and i should not be punished by the law because i have a medical condition, that although serious, does not cause me to not properly care for my children. i have since prepared a safety plan for children to follow in case i have another seizure, i have also seen a doctor to have my meds modified.
i have noticed that most judges like it when the parent is prepared, they like it when there is organization and you offer a solution. cps is almost never prepared and most of the attorney representing the agency is often less prepared.
if a judge sees a clear intent to fix what was wrong, (i dont mean what happened or what you did was wrong, i am just stating this as cps will present it) i dont really see a problem. now you may have to prepare yourself for what the will insinuate, they are good at presenting stuff as an intent to keep the children. just cover your back and get your attorney to stay on top it, make sure a motion of discovery is filed and you are able to get the report and other evidence (and i use this term loosely) they may use against you.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Yes they did , my daughter sent my son outside to get help. The doors in my house are deadbolted, need a key to unlock them. We have locked pantries cause my kids like run and get stuff and dump it and that became a hassle, so we locked it up along time ago. This don't mean that they don't eat, they eat all the time. Cleaning supplies well outside of dishsoap, laundry soap we use them as we get them. We buy things with our kids in mind, like our knife set swivles and locks to face the wall so the kids can't get it.

Yes I have a husband at home. With a good career.

And I was diagnosed recently with sesiures. I had just had my last EEG right before this happenened and the results came back 2 days after my kids were taken. My sesiures are different, I don't go into convultions, I pass out for a a few seconds to 20 minutes. The 20 minute sesiures always follow me taking medication. I know now not to take any kind of medication without talking to my neuologist first. I took what I though was a all natual diet pill, and right now that pill is being investagated by the FDA. I even have the report. Normally on a daily basis I have anywhere from 20 to 30 sesiures that last only a few seconds and I don't pass out. I just cling on to something and wait for it to pass. Then I am back in mom mode.

We have a daycare lined up for when my younger kids when they do come home. Which isn't a problem. At this point I can't even drive and haven't or won't til I am medicated. During the summertime my 13 year old is home and helps out with the younger ones. If I have a 20 minute sesiure he knows what to do. Oh yea can forget we are planning to move into the middle of nowhere and get to know are neighbors really well.

Today was a very tough day for our family. I finally saw our kids. We brought them a little piece of home. Home made cookies, a balloon a piece that my daughter asked for, and woobie blankets that they have cuddled with since birth. Which my daughter wasn't even allow to keep right now.

My 2 year old looked real skinny and pale, with dark circles under his eyes. He was distant for the first 45 minutes. And couldn't even remember who Elmo was. He ate 5 cookies as if it were nothing and a month ago he could barely eat one. He looked like he had a fight with 10 cats. He has so many scratches on him, but they ruled it out to the chicken pox. After the 45 minutes he latched on and when it was time to go he started crying. I have never seen him cry like this before, but I have seen it. It was the same cry that kids have when parents split up and they have to go back to the non custodial parent. It's that abandoment uncertainty cry. That hurts more than anything. Oh and he is sick with a high fever now and cough, runny nose. He was never this sick at home.

My 6 year old. My princess drama queen is even acting differently. She wants to come home so bad. She is so uncertain of what is going on. And thinks that everything is her fault which it isn't, she did the right thing, because the conciquences could have been worse if I didn't come to. She is all about the family. And like me she is a justice seeker and a negotiator. This goes with punishments and I have to commend her on that. Yet this is the fustrating thing. She is so scared and calls the shelter jail. I try so hard to tell her that it wasn't her fault but then she says why can I go home then. She is way smart she taught herself spanish and can even name all 64 colors in a box of crayons. She know words like undermind and can even give the definanition. But to the all there is a ying/yang effect. My daughter has no common since which can get her really hurt.

My 13 year old is fine just upset that he is away from home and away from his brother and sister. I talk to him most of the day either on online or on the phone, but we have always communacated alot. And with him staying with a friend of ours really helps.

I am so offended by what they are calling me, it's outragous.

We do everything for our kids and to have them ripped away without warning. I have been reading alot of stuff on this site, and I can believe that it is so bad. I have only meet 2 kids in my life time that needed to be taken away from there parents. Were the parents were really messed up on drugs, breaking the law, and no even attemping to care for the welfare of them children. CPS was called on them all the time and there kids are still in the same abusive situations and now both are teenagers following in the same path.

Til this whole thing started my kids were never abused, neglected, deprived, or even knew what drugs were. Well not the younger ones my older on can't stop what he learns in school. Again he is alot like me in that situation too, I never wanted to disappoint my parents by doing something stupid. I know it sounds dumb but that is who I was raised there are somethings you do you can't help, but there are many more things that you can.

I get accused of being on drugs all the time, and boy does it tick me off. I have this thing that happens with my eyes, it happens to all people with this disorder is what I was told, and I were dentures at a young age. Well my teeth run in my family and I had big healthy kids. My oldest was 11.1lbs when he was born for example. I am tall but skinny. Why don't they look at this, before accusing you or even do deeper reasearch. Or the fact the even with my last child I was so paranoid that I spent so much time talking to my kids doctors what turned out to be really nothing but acid reflux.

It is so weird and heartbreaking to be a mom for 13 years. I don't know what to do. I can't stop being a mom, because someone told me what I was doing was wrong. When I saw deprived, I was so confused I was arguing with the case worker my kids have everything who the hell are they deprived. They have it worded so very wrong.

We go to court on Tuesday I am so prepaired for it, our attorney has been in negotiations with the DA and I hope it works out.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:28 pm

Wow!

Your case just seems so unbelievable!!!

I totally believe you....I don't mean that....I guess astonishing would be a better word.

So, when it happened, you didn't know you had a seizure? Did you tell the police & caseworker that you had recently been tested & had EKG's?

Doesn't it change things for cps to now know that you had a seizure?

Has the fact that you had a seizure been PRESENTED in court to the judge by your lawyer? Did your lawyer get sometihng from your doctor stating you have seizures?

Do you think your lawyer is very good?

It seems ridiculous that you are not getting monthly supervised visits with your children. Is your husband? You both should be! But, if your dh isn't, what reason do they give for that?

Do you have a safety plan? What things are on it that you have to do?

Read what it says in your state CPS manual about how CPS has to be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

It sounds like you REALLY need an ADVOCATE!!!!! See if you can get on. What state are you in?

I've often heard of a parent going into a diabetic induced coma or having a seizure or some other emergency & a child....often a young child....intervening to help their parent by calling 911 or some other action......you don't hear of those parents being investigaed by cps. It was on TV recently....I think the Ellen Show...where this young girl about 10 had to get behind the wheel & drive as her mom went into a diabetic seizure or something...she had to get the car to stop & it was going really fast.

Is there ANY *MORE* to the story? Anything you haven't told us? Had cps ever been out before? Was your house in a mess when they came? Etc? Does cps have any other "concerns?"

Please keep us posted.

I hope it goes well for you on Tuesday.

Oh, and did you all not have any other family members or friends that the 2 yr. old & 6 yr. old could have stayed with? They are supposse to put the children with family/friends as a top choice.

TAPE RECORD those workers at the shelter calling your dd or other kids names & yelling at them!!! I AM SERIOUS!!!! This is VERY important & will help you!!!!

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:38 am

Thank yes this is great support.

Nope that is the story, outside of a few dishes and a big gul[ cup on my table my house was pretty clean. I am a person that caan smell things a distance away and I can stand smelly things. I even had all my laundry done when this happened.

The Police that day that this happened didn't allow me to tell him, but I was still in confussion cause I just came too, and was in mom mode and on the defensive side. The cop went through my underwear drawer (without a warrent) I asked him how would you fell if I walked into your house and started going through your stuff. And he was about to shot my dog that got out. I told him that my dog didn't have a gun so that wasn't fair, and told him to use his pepper spray, since my son was right there. He got pissed and told me to follow his orders and not to say another word or I was going to be arrested. I even asked to call my husband to come home immediatly and he refuse to let me. My husband would have been able to explain. He took my children and did it because I was on the defensive side with him.

Yes, last year went we were pulling stuff into our house cause my mom was moving and my son ran outside but didn't get far not even haveway through the front yard before myself, my husband, my mom and my 13 year old son got him. We didn't think much about it cause like I said he got 10 adult steps away from the house and couldn't even remember when they showed up. I explained this to her and that case worker just closed it after talking to every one. When she showed up I was mopping my hardwoods by the time she left her only recommendation was a mother's day out. My house was messier then. I haven't have a seisure since October 31, 2004 well one that put me out, but it was caused by the medication they put me on and my husband was home. I was bleeding out after giving birth 7 days eairlier.

We don't have our safety plan yet that is ordered, but we have one that our lawyer is going to present. Other than that it won't be til the 18th.

They are suppose to be going with a friend of ours as soon as he can get daycare. He is a single man with no kids experiance, but he has been around our kids since birth.

My son had a bruise on his ear that they are claiming abuse, but nobody did it. And it was on tthere before the seziure. It wasn't properly investagated. They say it's from a slap, but a slap would have a bruse behind the ear and on the face. Bruises on the ear dan't happen to easily. He has one on his face right now. I saw him yesterday. He looked awful and way depressed. Hitting our children is not how we handle things no matter how stressful things get or if what they do is really bad. Which they don't do anything really bad just normal kid stuff.

Yep we are recording everything. Every phone conversation. They dodge every question we throw at them that makes them look bad.

We gave them the doctors note at the 14 day hearing, were about to go infront of a real judge tuesday. But we have all my medical records from my doctors and found my husbands FMLA paper work, that explaines it more into detail. The case worker made a copy of the note and told us that there was nothing that she could do now. Which I know is BS.

Our new case worker is so trying to be our friend, sorry it won't happen. I am polite, but firm on what I will allow with my kids. If she investagated my past there is not much she will find. I drove once with a suspended licience which was paid for in full (forgot to pay one ticket), I have a useless DL now since I don't drive. And Oh I got divorced 9 years ago. That is all my bad.

There wrong drug test is proven to be wrong. I took one there and tested posative for a drug but less then 4 hours later I was clean with a blood test which I have 3 clean drug test. So that is ruled out according to my attorney. But I did take a diet pill 2 days before, so I got a report from the FDA explaining about online diet pills and a case number from them. Outside of that I haven't even tken an alieve since I had 12 teeth pulled back in march. Drugs were never my thing. I feel messed up alot of the time and I hate it already why would I do it with something I can control. When I was a teenager(17) I had sex with my boyfriends as far as rebeling went. I just always though drugs were dumb. And we even lock up a perscribed meds. Which I need to go through and through away.

Truely I have no life outside of my kids. I feel have nuts, without them, I wonder around the house, curl up in there beds, sleep with thier stuff animals, I leave the TV's on all the time, and we have 3 they are all turned on to thier shows, I don't know what to watch, I only watch house and smallville ( that isn't PBS or cartoons) regularly which I watch with my 13 year old. We quit having dinner cause it was a big thing around here. We just do frozen dinners.

but that is everything. I will be looking uo some more stuff tonight,.
Thanks for all the helpful information.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:03 pm

The things stands out for you is what CPS will use against you:

1. Divorce...single mother, low income, and all that sheighinans, CPS loves to use that against you saying you are stressed out, hence the medical condition that your medication cannot control your seizures.

2. The kid looks like he is being slapped, on the face, Please check out to see if he has Fifth's Disease. That is the disease as the children looks like they were being slapped on the face, the red marks were in fact Fifth's Disease. Have your Lawyer court order a physical examination and blood work to determine to see if he has some 5 th disease or whatever.

3. Drug past histories, that is "A" Plus for CPS to use against you. They would claim since your seizures epidose, they will claim that you are using drugs to counteract the seizure medications or whatever. They will claim that you went back on or whatever. The Lawyer may have thrown that out, but CPS are still holding that against you regardless of what your lawyer says.

You can bet CPS will be checking your Husband's past too as well.
The Saftey plan will state that you must take Seizure medications to control your seizures, and they want to see that it is CONTROLLED. They might ask you for your Medical Files, all of them. They might ask you to sign a Medical Consent Release form and they will see everything in your Medical Pasts. etc...etc... Don't sign them unless consulted with a LAWYER FIRST!!

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:00 pm

1. Divorce...single mother, low income, and all that sheighinans, CPS loves to use that against you saying you are stressed out, hence the medical condition that your medication cannot control your seizures.

My divorce was almost 9 years ago and it didn't effect me much, I got alot of money and went shopping. It was quick and I wasn't really stressed out. I was a single mother for a short period of time. I got pregnant but like I said I was single and I knew what it took to raise a child then so I placed that child up for an open adoption and I still get pictures and letters after 8 years. My now husband was there for me what made easier. And the open adoption was my choice no one elses. It was the best intrest of that child at that time. Money was no issue, if it was I would have kept the child out of greed. Low income well we not totally low income, we fit in that catigory of getting by with alittle extra's. Not rich or wealthy, but we keep up with the jones. To were we have $400 a month extra money to go to the movies, out to eat, or buy clothes. We would have more if we didn't have health insurance, dental insurance, eye insurance. But they don't even concider that when they are investagating you. I work part time on line. And what I was bringing in was totally extra money. So I would split it with my 13 year old for helping me out around the house. Well this case has changed alot now, we were some what secure til now. My kids went from looking like good healthy, well taken care of kids to hillbilly kids in less than a month.

2. The kid looks like he is being slapped, on the face, Please check out to see if he has Fifth's Disease. That is the disease as the children looks like they were being slapped on the face, the red marks were in fact Fifth's Disease. Have your Lawyer court order a physical examination and blood work to determine to see if he has some 5 th disease or whatever.

3. Drug past histories, that is "A" Plus for CPS to use against you. They would claim since your seizures epidose, they will claim that you are using drugs to counteract the seizure medications or whatever. They will claim that you went back on or whatever. The Lawyer may have thrown that out, but CPS are still holding that against you regardless of what your lawyer says.

I have only had one drug test with them and I have had a bunch in mylife every job I had outside the home, everytime I was pregnant (standard in oklahoma), everytime I had to go into the hospital. And all of those were clean. Even my husband has had several. There is nothing on me for drugs. They can go back all they want to there is nothing, they can even ask anyone who has ever known me. Drugs even percribed ones are not my thing. I rebled in different ways as a teen. And I always believed in to each is own and my friends respected me enough to never pressure me into things. I didn't put them down for doing drugs and drinking and what not and they didn't put me down because I didn't.

You can bet CPS will be checking your Husband's past too as well.
The Saftey plan will state that you must take Seizure medications to control your seizures, and they want to see that it is CONTROLLED. They might ask you for your Medical Files, all of them. They might ask you to sign a Medical Consent Release form and they will see everything in your Medical Pasts. etc...etc... Don't sign them unless consulted with a LAWYER FIRST!!

My husband is very clean background he has a government job, were they checked all of that before. He's difficult at times, but hey who isn't. He's a good person that picks up the slack when I can't. His drug of choice is having the occassional drink when his goes out with friends which is not very often.

Reason to Believe- By Rod Stewart
That song makes so much since now. Every word reminds my of any dealing with CPS/DHS.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:33 pm

I wouldn't worry about the drug tests, because you had one all the time at every job and it shows up clean. CPS will have a hard time to prove that you are a drug user. So CPS will probably dismiss that one.

Open Adoption? CPS will use that against you. saying you were not ready to be a mother, probably not ready to be a mother now. Pattern, is what CPS is looking for. What you do in the past, CPS will claim you will do them again and slip up. Yes they do investigate everything out.
But right now, as it stands out, CPS will use Seizure disorder against you and will tell you that you are unable to supervise your children when you have these epidsodes. You need a Saftey plan to ensure to them that it won't happen again. They will say that your children are in need of protection because of your 10 minutes spell. You have to ensure that somebody will be there to ensure your safety and wellbeing of your children. Looks like the Movies are out this year, and you better hire a Nanny or babysitter. That's the best best for a Safety plan. They will give the Kids back to you, as long you can raise your Kids but to ensure somebody will be watching them if you had 10 minutes break out. By the time your husband works, then you have the babysitter sit in your home, and you do your own stuff. then husband comes home, then babysitter goes home.
Or better yet, have a Relative or a friend to come over and visit, chat, and have a coffee with you, that way' your kids are being looked after. Just until the Kids are old enough to go to Kingergarten to go to School. Then all is well.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:59 pm

Court?

Well there was a trial going on so we were resceduled.

But here is the standings. The caseworker thinks that this case is a fluk and just that. Which it is I haven't normally totally passed out in years. Though I have sezuires they only last from 3-5 seconds and very easy to control my supervision, I just hang on to something so I don't hit the floor. Our attorney had one opinion of our caseworker til she meet her, which they have a past. I know it sounds suspicious, but it's not. I know the story but I can't disclose it now. Our problem is the DA now. The DA is coming up with the worse case possible. The GA well I don't really think she does anything. She just stands behind the DA with out ever knowing what is really going on til court. She hasn't even seen the kids. And just nodes when ever and looks at who is talking.

I found out all of this after talking to our attorney. We have the strangest things happening now.
1. Our last supervised visit with the caseworker and our attorney will be present is in a park. We had a choice to go do what we wanted to do.

2. All 3 of our kids are going to stay with our friend that lives with in walking distance to our house. And we are allowed over there anytime we want as long as our friend is home and if we go anywhere our friend has to go. This has been our life since this point. We would go to the zoo, or even out to eat our friend would come along too.

3. I get to make all the appointments with my kids doctors and dentist and go along with them.

Since I haven't driven in over a year our friend has been my ride already and has taken me everywhere I needed to go.

The only difference is we won't have them at home with us as they sleep and a different environment. We basically moved our kids beds to there house which is not an east task when one of them is a log bed. They have clothing over there, but still at our house since I still do there laundry.

During the daytime when I don't have the kids I decieded to go back to work. I go a part time job that doesn't conflict with anything and gets my mind off of everything for at least 4 hours a day. I was planning on going back to work anyways, but couldn't tear myself away from my kids. And my daughter was in kindergarden last year that made it really difficult to work. The job is close so I can walk. I will be getting off right before my older kids get out of school during the school year, and going in a few hours after they start.

But since I have 3 weeks before our resceduled court hearing, I beieve that they are going to start parenting classes, to bide the time. We haven't been asked for anything else and was told by several people that this is standard from anyone, and might not be nessasary to finish before the kids come home. Our caseworker and our attorney both said to tell our friend to come to court and tell them that we are there everyday, having dinner with our kids every night, and have been there to tuck them in. Like I said the only difference is the house. Our friend and I are going to interview daycare centers tomarrow. So we can get all the kids together again as soon as possible.

I think the one thing that helped us the most was the fact that we don't fit into the normal profile. We are really big on our kids education, and will do what is nessasary for there education. The fact that we are paying for all of this out of our pockets and with no state aid (food stamps, tanf, health insurance) ect. It's not cheap doing this, it's really hard support 2 households. There are certian things that we are allowing the state to pay like parenting classes and anything that they throw at us.

I guess I should be really happy that things are going this way. We were told to clean our house, and get latches on every door except the front door. Which is easy enough to do. Our house is clean has been, we deep clean something all the time even when our kids are home., but that is not even an issue.

Our attorney and the caseworker are in agreeance at this point and are trying to set down in front of the DA to try and get thier point across and get the whole mess dismissed immediatly.

Has anyone ever had the caseworker actually and truly on your side before?

Oh I don't ever plan on ever telling them about my adoption. They can find it in my past easy, if they want to. The way I see it it's no of thier buisness and it doesn't relate to the case at hand.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:37 pm

To answer your question do they truly on families side?

No. I have never seen in my 8 years time with them. They are known to be friendly at first, and then when you are not looking, they will lie and cheat, and change everything. They are KNOWN TO LIE. They will make you think you are their "best friend" when that is not truly the case. I have never seen CAS goes against the Agency and talk to the Lawyer on the other side. She might be there to get insider information then will change everything.

I would not trust these people. It is like making a deal with the Devil, Methographically speaking. They are not only capable of lying, but they are known to be very stealth. (get their way, squirming into families lives and destroy them). I have seen so many families destroyed by their Lies.

If she is truly on your side, then you are lucky. As it seems that you have a Safety Plan drawn up including your Friend, which is helpful for your case. But she might change as she has to go and talk to her Supervisor to see if her supervisor will agree to this. It would take alot of convincing. I have known that my workers had to go to their supervisors and the supervisors told them NO.
Every time.

Did you sign any Saftey Plan? Get a copy before she changes her mind. Have your Lawyer to draw up something so you would have a saftey net to fall on, before they can pull anything out. Safety plan would include your friend to supervise you. And this Plan usually expires within 6 months. Then they will be back to follow up to make sure everything is fine.

Did they ask for your Medical Files? Did they ask you "how often" you had these spells??? or your Lawyer does all the talking? I think the Lawyer is BETTER OFF Talking to your Worker, and you shouldn't say anything. Because anything you tell them can be used against you. word for word.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 pm

I don't think that I can be as fustrated as I am. My kids have been gone for 61 days all together now and in these 61 days my kids have experiance so much injury, humilation and decrimination that they ever had in a life time. When my kids come home I am going to go back to school and study my was to be inspector general. My 2 year old son has had walking pnemonia for over a month now. His emergancy foster parents refused to take him to the doctor when he got sick. We took him to a doctor as soon as he went went a friend of ours. He is on so much medication right now, because it didn't get stopped before it got bad. My daughter once again is subject to humilation when we were at our friends house bathing her before bed when low a behold she was infested with lice. I have never seen lice or know what to do. So we asked a friend of ours who is a licence beutician and she said that the lice was 30-50 days old. That put it 30-10 days in the shelter. This was a nightmare and very upsetting for everyone and especially our daughter. We were up til 4am picking lice out of her hair.
Every week there is so tragity with our kids. My husband and I were so upset thinking that she got them in the daycare. But no they came from the shelter.
We can never get a hold of our caseworker or even her supervisor.
We are still in volentary stages of everything.
We have done everything document everything, and even taken pictures of everything.
Our friend who has our kids right now even told the caseworker that things are not what they seem. And they are not.
These people are suppose to be responable for the well being of our children. They are the authority on raising children.
Oh and our referal hasn't even made it to the parting classes. As I was told by them today that we would be assigned 2 day classes a week. I told them that that won't work for us cause both my husband and I work during the day. There response was What is more important, and that we can find new jobs. Now yes my job is replaceable and I can find new work later if possible, but my husband has had the same job for 6 years now and make $20-$40 per hour. He has an awsome government job that we need to support our faimly. I told her I am sorry but what kind of parents would we be if we couldn't provide for our children. Would we lose our kids because we had no utilaties, food, shelter, insurance, clothing YES. I am presententing to the judge, plus we are going to parenting classes that we are paying for, through the same place that is doing my drug assesment. This whole ordeal has thrown us into therapy, and we are doing this on our own.
One thing I see is so true, this organization does nothing but lie and cover up.
I haven't been investagated in my opinion. For one they haven't contacted my mother, who I have talked to everyday of my life since birth, and saw my children every 6 six weeks til she bought bed & breakfast last May. You would think that they would contact her and ask questions, but they haven't. Nor another friend of mine that I talk to daily for support. They don't care for the well being of my children at all. I alwayd get the same repose AWWWW and that is it.
My daughter was assulted and they are playing it off as kids playing with kids. When it was so obvious that it wasn't a kid that did it. And when they dropped my daughter off with our friend the said it was eyeshadow. Do you think that the shelter would have told her that day about what happened so we wouldn't freak out, even worse. It was 3 weeks later that it was brought up that an incident report was made. There is a major cover up. I want that incident report to see if it matches the dates of the assult according to the hospital. Our daughter now has a fear of a man that works at her daycare. She was never like this before. There was a man at the shelter that watched her all the time. We have tried to bring up what happened, but now she's not telling.
In the being of all of this I was telling you about how they gave my son peanut butter and a rash broke out all over his body. We 58 days after he was supposinly taken to the hospital by ambulance we have no conclusion as to what the outcome was. The judge even looked at kthey caseworker and her super visor and said well how long does this take to get this information.
I am so fed up with all of this. What my case boils down to now has nothing to do with any of my medical conditions or the fact that my son got out to get help. It's plain and simple.
One bruised ear which I have no clue as to where it came from. Oh they told us that if we confess then our case will move faster. "Confess To What". Couldn't this be kids playing with kids?
And two a ampitamine that we even provided proof that all but diet pills contians some kind of stimulant ALLI. This is why they we appoved by the FDA.
Okay I have another question. My oldest son he is of age now in divorce court to state where he want to live couldn't that work now in family court? He thinks that this case is totally bogus and wants to come home.
I don't know. I just want our case to be over with so we can sue them for therapy for everyone in our family for the rest of our lives, because that is how long it will take for us to get over this. And my kids. No one should every have to go through such trama.
I know we are eventullay are going to be sued for Child Support. But since we pay for everything can they do this? We have been supporting 2 house holds and this gets expensive. Food, extra utilaties, movie rentals, daycare (when there card don't work) which is only 3 days a month, gas, cleaning supplies, even down to toilet paper. Our attorney is trying to work it into our favor of telling them that we don't know how to stop being parents, and it's true we don't. Our caseworker went shopping for our youngest son, but we had a full dresser full of clothing. She even said she would go for our daughter, but why. My daughter has more clothes that one given store and not one out fit came from walmart. The only one that needed clothing was my oldest so and that is because he's constantly growing at the moment. He is almost 6' tall now and 6 months ago he was 5'5". I want the judge to relize this. Well this is my gripe for now.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 am

Well I have one thing to say and it is true what CPS does is disgusting that is by Lying and Covering up and fabrcating reports. IT is really disgusting. I have seen firsthand how many whiteouts and black out's and I have NEVER seen such so many things modified and eliminated. It is disgusting.

Now back to your original question about your oldest coming home, he can. It depends on his age. If he is 16, there is nothing CPS can do because there are no concerns of child protection case and he doesn't need it. Same goes for Family Court, it is age 12 and up where they can tell their Wishes to stay with one parent in Family Court, it can be done. He must tell the Judge what his wishes are and clearly. And get all of this documented so CPS can't say otherwise. There are certain rules where they don't bother kids from age 16 to 18 unless they have PROTECTION CONCERNS. If he does not have any protection concerns, then he can come home whatever he wants. He is old enough to do so.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:18 pm

I have never been so fustrated in my life.

I can believe it, I did what they asked the only thing and that was the drug assesment and psycolological test the only thing ordered by the court. My test PROVED that I would never do drugs nor have I ever. And my psycological test proved that I can not decieve people and that I am truthful. And that there is 0 possability that I would ever do drugs or even have a reason to do so. And that I am not emotional screwed up at all. And my only recommendation was to get some information on how to deal with a child that has special needs. My daughter has Asperger's and they fail to reconize it and want to call it adhd and put her on meds which I told them if they did my daughter will so them, because her liver is not fully developed and she could have problems as an adult. The only one that will listen to me is the person doing the drug assesment. We were suppose to go to unsupervised as soon as this was done. LIES all LIES.

Here is something that gets my goat. There was a 2 year old left at a gas station for 9 hours this week. Yes the child was placed in DHS's care but all the mother has to do to get her child back is provide a DNA sample and birth-certifacate. Talk about upsetting. When your going through a case because your child went to get help. Or the Cop that shot a 5 year old in the head and killed the boy, because the officer was shooting at a snake. Or even the daycares that are part of DHS and children there are being exposed to drugs and child molestation and DHS just comes back with there was no proof when there pulling out pounds of cocaine, guns and nudity magazines out of the daycares. This is just recent in our news here.

Case Worker's need to educate themselves alittle more.

I have read The Lost Boy good book, couldn't put it down. But that is not my case. I would never do anything like that to a child. I even thought Rosanne Barr was mean on her show.

I really don't know where I am supposed to find time to fit anything else into my schedule, as it stands, I work 7 days a week 9 hours a day, my husband works 60 hours a week plus because we are supporting 2 households. Trying to get every bill paid take care of our kids and save for our kids education. Which they have ruined by the way.

Parenting Classes are a joke, and here is why.

1. no all kids are alike. My 2 oldest have autism. My oldest is the one that didn't speak til he was 5 and would throw things if his routine was disrupted. My second oldest has Asperger's and it takes a mother's love and so much more to raise this child. My youngest is normal and by the book.

2. If you do learn something how are you going to practice it if the child is not living with you. This I don't get.

3. When have our children become not individuals anymore. Isn't in the Bible that we are all different?

4. When you have older kids what are you going to learn about raising a 2 year old that you don't already know.

5. 30 years ago school shooting didn't happen, wonder why. I will tell you. Because parents today are so afraid of what the old bored lady thinks at the grocery store when your 2 year old is throwing a fit because your not buying him or her candy.

DHS,CPS ect. need to stick with one rule not change it every few years. Spank your kids, don't spank your kids, Spank your kids with your hand, don't spank your kids with your hand but with an object so kids don't associate spanking with the person, then it's vise versa, then were back to no spanking. All of this in the past 15 years. If you don't know the current rules then your and abuser.

My thoughts are if you spank a child as a young child they get the hint and don't do it again and you don't have to spank them anymore. Seriously how do you ground a 2 year old you can't or even a 5 year old.

But me I am passive too passive to even spank my kids. With autism this doen't work, I have to pick my battles and trust me every minute is a battle.

I am still just so fustrated. It's been awhile since I have had a haircut, can't even afford it at the moment with the endless supply of extra bills coming in.

Talk about about what about economical abuse, that is one that is getting me at the moment.

Sorry I just had to vent. It's been a very long 3 months so far.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “CPS Investigations”