How many people has this happened to??

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

leave_us_be

How many people has this happened to??

Postby leave_us_be » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:55 am

How many people have had their history of being abused sexually/physically as a child used against them? In my original affidavit from my removal order it states that I have a prior CPS history of being abused physically by my mother and of sexual abuse. What does my mom being a drug addict/ alcoholic beating and being molested as a child and raped when I was runaway juvenile have to do with my parenting capability? How many of these caseworkers, attorney ad litems, CASA workers have been abused as a children. Where does their motivation come from? CPS thinks seems to think think that the root of all evil are the parents of these children they are trying to save. CPS IS TURNING AMERICA INTO A BUNCH OF MALADJUSTED SOCIOPATHS! I know what abuse is and I would NEVER put my children through the Hell I went through. Pray for those who know not what they do...Hell hath no fury like a parent scorned.
Last edited by leave_us_be on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 am

yes, they call it use of past history.
i was raped by a cousin when i was 17, so therefore they say it is high risk that my kids will be sexual abused. so, basically they are saying a parent who is sexually abused is more like to "let it" happen to their children. you let someone mess with my children and he/she will need to be fitted for a body bag.
statistics never lie, yet the people that use they do. let me use this for example, lets say 1000 reports were made this month to cps, 990 were unsubstaniated, 7 were indicative and 3 were substaniated. you go to one site it says that cps is underfunded and unable to perform thier job duties and save these children, you go to another site it uses these same statistics to say that cps is entering the life of too many families.
when i went through fostercare classes, we discussed this and were told that just becuase a child is sexually abused does not mean that they are at a higher risk to commit this abuse, ok now they say that is not true. basically becuase i was abused, now i am a danger to my children. all i want to know is how is this true, this is just a lawyers way to win a case no matter what.

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:34 am

"Let it" happen?? I guess it's the along the lines with children who witness domestic violence are more likely to follow the pattern of abuse and be violent towards their spouses or seek out abusive partners. So basically, all parents who were abused as children will more likely than not abuse their children or let their children be abused... so why don't they just remove babies at the hospital because the moms or dads have been abused on the notion of preponderance of evidence??
If my CPS caseworker was abused as a child does that mean she is likely to abuse her rights as a social worker? How far do you think could I get saying that I want a new caseworker because I believe my caseworkers history of abuse is a conflict of interest in my case? You learned that just because a child is abused doesn't mean they are going to become abusers in your foster parent classes, so I guess the rule only applies when they need a paycheck?
Last edited by leave_us_be on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:30 am

They are using "actuarial" methods, like they do in insurance.

In car insurance, the insurance premium rate is based on "demographics" - how old you are, where you live, marital status, number of children, driving record of other household members, type and age of car, etc.

So if you have a perfect driving record, living with your parents in a nice neighborhood, and then get married, move to a bad neighborhood, live in a duplex with someone who has your same address, and your husband has a bad driving record and has to pay child support, then your insurance premium may skyrocket, and you have done nothing to cause it.

There is a problem with using this method with child protection.
The risk studies were mostly done with people who went to therapy. Most people in therapy had something bad happen to them. So they draw the crazy conclusion that if something bad happened to you, then you went to therapy.

For example, they might figure that 90 % of people in therapy had something bad happen to them. Then they would conclude that 90% of the time, if something bad happens to you, then you will be disfunctional and need therapy. It is not even based on any kind of logic or controlled studies.

How do we know what percentage of victims seek therapy? Most people can't afford it, or don't want it, or don't need it, etc. So the whole system is based on false logic.

But the system perpetuates itself. It is like taking away the driver's licenses of all people with high car insurance premiums. And this is exactly what happens with car insurance. You have a lot of people driving around without a driver's license because they owe child support, can't afford to pay off previous tickets, can't afford the car insurance, etc. So because they have previously been in trouble, this makes them more vulnerable to getting into more trouble. If they can't drive to work, then how can they pay off the child support and tickets, and afford insurance?

So the logic for child protection is: If you are high risk, then you are more likely to get involved with Child Protection, and if you were involved in Child Protection, then you are high risk. This is written into most state's CPS policies - if you have 3 false reports, then they WILL investigate you, because it is guaranteed funding for CPS.

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am

(This doesn't go here)
Last edited by leave_us_be on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:38 pm

they figure its a cycle. You were abused, therefore thats what you were taught and know, so you too will abuse.

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:07 am

"They" need a reality check.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:14 am

if they didnt ask i sure as hell didnt tell. None of my past is there business. Just because someone was abused doesnt mean the pattern will continue. *shrugs*

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:22 am

I am going to continue the thread on Temporary Guaradianship here, since the other place is a "Sticky" - relates to everybody.
In a situation where the children have already been removed, everything has to go through the court.

For Texas, here is the Family Code

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/fa.toc.htm

Go to Title V - The Parent Child Relationship

Chapter 102 - Filing Suit

Section 102. 003 General Standing to File Suit

Section 102.0035 Statement to Confer Standing

Section 102.008 Contents of Petition

Texas Court Laws

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/gv.toc.htm

leave_us_be

Postby leave_us_be » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:16 am

royal_alez wrote:if they didnt ask i sure as hell didnt tell. None of my past is there business.

"They" never asked me...my mother had multiple CPS cases. It's in their records. Having been raped when I was 12; there is a sexual assault on a minor case. There you go, my history of abuse.

Marina- I have a copy of the family code at home but I don't know what I'm looking for in govt codes. We'll be in court next week. Hopefully the judge sends my kids home, CPS didn't investigate the case and they didn't have grounds for a removal and they wont need the guardianship. I'm crossing my fingers...

Return to “CPS Investigations”